Dragon Warrior

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[color=green]The BHG really isn?t that labor intensive. All you have to do is register. Then you become a trainee in the citadel. From there, you take a CORE exam, which tests your knowledge of the BHG. There is study material found in the library, which will assist you here. Once you pass, and buy a ship from the shipyards, you can join a Kabal. Kabals become your family within the BHG, your allies against all other Kabals.

From there, you can do whatever you want. There?s an IQC channel to talk with other Star Wars fans, there are ?hunts? which test your knowledge of Star Wars trivia and there are spars similar to those here on OB.

Your only real obligation is to respond to the AWOL check e-mail that comes to you once a month, so that people know you still care.

It?s a lot of fun?
[/color]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not labor intensive, eh? Taking tests XD I'm afraid I don't have as much Star Wars knowledge as most fanatics out there do. I'd be ripped to shreds. The most I know is what the movies tell me and what I learn from this thread (the jift that I've read, at least). It's a doggy dog word out there, Mr. Boba :)

OOC: Why aren't you on AIM? I added you, I did >: o

• 4 weeks later...
[color=green]The site has the source material for the tests, which are more combat based than Star Wars. For most of the events, Star Wars knowledge would be a huge plus.

For example, I?ve taken several exams, all of which I?ve passed with no less than a B.
Those exams go in my ID line, which is as follows.

JRNY/Abob/Cyclone ?H {RPG-CORE-BOOM-BOMC}

The JRNY stand for journeyman, my rank within the BHG. It?s slightly below average, but I?m still a relatively new member.

Abob is my name.

Cyclone is my Kabal.

The ?-H? designation shows that I?ve bought my own ship and am able to take bounties. It stands for hunter.

All of the abbreviations within the {} are for exams. I?ve taken the CORE exam, which is basically a test that makes sure you know the rules and common knowledge information about the Bounty Hunter?s Guild. This, along with purchasing a ship, is a prerequisite for leaving the Citadel. My second exam was the RPG exam, which tests your Role-Playing skills. It?s a prerequisite for leaving the Citadel, where all new hunters are assigned upon joining. BOOM is a very apt acronym for Basics of Ordinances and Munitions. It?s required for those hunters who use explosives. Finally, I took the BOMC exam (Basics of Melee Combat). This is a prerequisite for any hunter who wishes to hold his own in melee combat.

So, that pretty much wraps up the BHG.

[center]--- --- --- --- ---[/center]

In other news, Lucas Film has finished the CGI for Episode III. They?re apparently now working on more technical aspects of the film and cutting it down to what we?ll all see in the summer of 2005.

There have been several public press announcements, which include a partial cast list and several minor details about new droids and planets that will be appearing. Also, there?s a supposed copy of the Episode III script floating around the Internet.

[spoiler]I read it, and it?s very similar to an Episode III RPG that Mist, Lalaith Ril, Scratn9, Juuthena and I did about a 1.5 years ago. Very odd indeed. I doubt the bootleg script?s authenticity.[/spoiler]

Several people I know have decided to remain spoiler free for this movie, as it?s presumably the last Star Wars movie ever.

So I ask you, what are your plans for Episode III? Will you go see it at all, and if so will you dress up?

What are your thoughts on this being the last Star Wars movie? Where do you envision the franchise going from here? Do you believe that Lucas Film will renege on their promise not to make Episodes VII-IX?[/color]

[SIZE=1]Personally, I'm going to try to remain as "spoiler-free" as I possibly can for this Star Wars film.

Before Episode 1 came out, back in 1999 when I was 14 years old, I was one of the BIGGEST Star Wars Fans/Geeks that existed in my sect of the country. At that time, I knew tons of stuff about Star Wars, had read a bunch of the earlier novels, and had a subscription to Star Wars Insider magazine to get the skinny on everything in the making. With all these resources and my desire to know things about Star Wars, it wasn't much problem for me to know the entire plot and storyline in EP1 before it came out. No surprises to be had there.

Over time as I've matured and now that I'm in college, I have grown to be less of a Star Wars fan (yes, I know, blasphemy!) But I still desire to see the movies whenever they are on and everytime I watch them I enjoy them because of the nostalgic factor. And with Episode 3 coming out next year, I'm gonna do my best, which won't be hard, to stay spoiler free. As long as I don't go looking, I probably won't find anything out and will be pleasently surprised when the movie comes out.

As for the Lucas Film team making 7-9, I would place my bets on them NOT doing them. For one, I think George Lucas is kind of tired of making these films and probably doesn't want to write 3 more scripts and work for 10+ more years just to make some Star Wars fans happy. Besides, I'm sure that if he made them, every hardcore fan would be angry just because he couldn't get all the original actors to play roles because they are a lot older now and I doubt he cares that much to make a script that's really worthwhile. If I were him, I'd lay the movie franchise down right here and let them go out on top. Let the independent authors sort things out for the future and let fans use their imaginations for what happenes later on. And led George work on a project beyond the realm of Star Wars for a while.[/SIZE]

I'm not sure why in God's name I would dress up XD In my small town, I'd look like a nincompoop because no one does that here. Not enough hardcore fans unless when you say "fan" as in farmer fan. Michigan blows sometimes XD

Oh, I saw you said cyclone kabal. No wonder where you got that name :P

Also, the guild sounds intriguing, but I'm a very busy Gavynn and I don't wanna be tied down to something I can't come and go freely to.

[color=green]:mrt: : ?I pity da fool who doesn?t like Star Wars!?

You tell them Mr. T?

I don?t see why people don?t dress up. It?s rather fun if you can get some friends to dress up and go see the movie with you. That being said, I?ve heard Stormtrooper armor and movie seats don?t go well together. One of my friends in New Hampshire had a set and was apparently uncomfortable all through Episode II. I went as Han Solo, my girlfriend as Leia and another friend as Darth Maul. He looked rather silly with face paint on.

The best part is that we made the news. Front page of the B section, along with an article about Episode II and the hype. It was great.

As for Episodes VII through IX, I think that they will eventually be made. There?s simply too much money to be made in the Star Wars franchise to ignore three movies worth of profits.

So yeah, dress up and go to movies. It?s always a blast, if you bring similarly dressed friends. I?ve done it four times. Nothing bad has happened to me?[/color]

I've never fully dressed up for going to the movies before. I wore a cape once, but that was it. My brother, on the other hand, went full out and dressed as an Imperial officer. blakc uniform, cap, and all. It was great. Some guy rode up an a bike, did the throat crushing gesture, than said "Damn it! He's not falling dead!" and rode off . It was hilarious. :D

[quote name='Dragon Warrior']You forget, Boba. I live in Carson City, Michigan, a small hillbilly town with people who have no lives. It wouldn't work out if I dressed as a Star Wars character. Besides, I don't have anything to use to dress as anyone :<[/quote]

[color=green]You have nothing to use as a costume? Pfft?

I?ve made my own Star Wars costumes every year for Halloween, using fabric patterns you can buy at most sewing stores. In fact, I learned to sew just so that I could make costumes. My mom thought I wasn?t being very original and refused to make me a Star Wars Halloween costume one year. She told me to either pick something else, or make my own. I made my own and have been ever since.

Once you start, it?s really not that hard. The pattern instructions are relatively easy to follow and fabric is cheap. It takes about a week of casual work for me to sew together a costume. I?ll accessorize each costume with toys (Lightsabers, blaster pistols, etc.) from local toy stores.

My only problem is that I must make a new costume each year, as the previous year?s attire no longer fits.

So there you have it, a recipe for a quick and easy Star Wars costume that always looks great. If you?re a little more hands on, and have more time and money, you can make your own set of movie-quality stormtrooper armor. There are several sites with directions out there, I?d recommend the 501st Legion?s website. I think they?ve got some stuff there somewhere.

In conclusion, there is no excuse for not dressing up. I don?t care if you?re the only person in line for the movie and also the only person who bothers to dress up. Show your fandom! It won?t kill you?

-Boba[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
star wars is the best, the only thing wrong with them is that with episodes 1,2, and 3, george lucas is going way over the top with CGI, less cgi, more models i say, and no more ja jas, even though when you think about it, without him the bad guys would have won for example in Ep1, on the naboo cruiser when there escaping and all the r2 droids are rushing outside to fix the shield generator, or something, R2d2 bumps into jaja delaying him about 2 seconds, so when,he pops outside a laser blast shoots past where he would have been had he not bumped it jaja. but i still say star wars would be better with no more jajas.

[quote name='Terrax']star wars is the best, the only thing wrong with them is that with episodes 1,2, and 3[/quote]

[color=green]Episode III? It?s not even out yet. How the hell can you criticize a movie that [I]hasn?t even been released yet[/I].[/color]

[quote name='Terrax']no more ja jas[/quote]

[color=green]There aren?t any ?ja jas?. Go back to sleep.[/color]

[quote name='Terrax']without him the bad guys would have won for example in Ep1, on the naboo cruiser when there escaping and all the r2 droids are rushing outside to fix the shield generator, or something, R2d2 bumps into jaja delaying him about 2 seconds, so when,he pops outside a laser blast shoots past where he would have been had he not bumped it jaja.[/quote]

[color=green]When R2-D2 bumps into [b]Jar Jar[/b] on his way up to fix the damaged hardware on the Queen?s cruiser, he doesn?t conclusively do anything. It?s impossible to tell what would or wouldn?t have happened, so let?s stick to the facts. Its far easier to blame Jar Jar for the Empire?s rise through his decision to call a vote to give the chancellor emergency powers in Episode II.[/color]

[quote name='Terrax']but i still say star wars would be better with no more jajas.[/quote]

[color=green]Do me a favor. Use spellcheck. Right now, Jar Jar?s grammar and sentence composition skills are looking superior to yours.[/color]

Heh. Wow, Boba. Feeling as grumpy as the old man in your sig today? ;)

But I agree with you. Jar Jar hasn't really done squat up 'til being chancellor. Though I feel I am one of the very few people in this world that enjoys that character, he simply acts as "failed comic relief" in some cases XD

[color=green]Yeah, I've entered the "Wonder how many smartass comments I can make and people I can piss off" stage.

As for Jar Jar, I'd say that "failed as comic relief" is a huge understatement. He single-handedly crappified Episode I with his retarded antics that marred an already weak plotline.

I'd personally like to see him fall our of the Naboo delegation's hoverpod in the senate chamber and splatter onto the floor far below in Episode III. Hell, that'd make the movie a smash hit all by itself.[/color]

Haha. I wouldn't doubt that, sir. Even if I like him, it'd be hilarious to see :D Of course, wouldn't you think that'd make the movie a bit gory and... well... not appropriate for kids. I can see it now...

Kids running around laughing and falling off Naboo delegation hoverpods :)

[quote name='Terrax']watch episode 1 again, that scene you will see that i am telling the truth and i will laugh in your face haha!![/quote]

[color=green][strike]You sir, are a retard.[/strike]

I respectfully disagree. Since Jar Jar did get in the way and stall R2-D2 for a few seconds, we?ll never know if that laser bolt would have changed the fate of galactic history. For all we know, the lift might not have been powered up and R2 would have had to wait. Or perhaps R2 would have fixed the ship then been blown away. We?ll never know.

Let?s stick to the facts.[/color]

I agree with Boba here. We can sit here and argue for days on end what may have happened if Event A were to occur or not occur. Hell, if Obi-Wan hadn't fallen in Episode I, then QuiGon might have lived. That would change the entirety of the Star Wars lineage, as Obi-Wan probably wouldn't have trained Anakin, instead QuiGon probably would have taken Ani under his tutelage. If that had happened, there might have been no Darth Vader, no Empire as we know it, etc, etc. But who cares about "What if."

What we're talking about here is Jar Jar's role in the Saga, which Boba has so eloquently labeled "failed comic relief." I think this is a rather apt assessment, but there needs to be more to it.

Jar Jar is the reason the Old Republic falls. While Palpatine was certainly working behind the scenes throughout the Saga, Jar Jar is the catalyst for the fall, for the transformation into Palpatine's New Order (The Empire). That is his entire purpose in the Saga: to provide the downfall of the Old Republic.

Considering also, that he's quite the...moron, who can't do anything correctly on purpose, only saving people by accident, it makes perfect sense that his sole pro-active action will doom the Old Republic.

Terrax, another point you're missing is that if there was no Jar Jar, the "bad guys" [i]wouldn't[/i] have won.

Also, there are no bad guys in Star Wars, just like there are no good guys in Star Wars. Obi-Wan's speech to Luke in RotJ illustrates this idea. There are no villains in the Saga; there are no heroes. There is simply conflict. There is simply a clash of differing Ideologies. It all comes down to "from a certain point of view," the precise words of Obi-Wan. I really should call him Emperor Palpatine, but that's another discussion entirely, lol.

Ahem. I believe I was the one who labled him "failed comic relief" :P

Anyways, yes yes, very good points. It's fun to think what may happened if something in the saga was changed, but it's not logical since it won't happen anyways and arguing about it is goofy child stuff. But I wouldn't mind talking about what might have happened since it can be quite entertaining :D

• 4 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]Well I haven't posted in here in a while, and I see that the discussion has degenerated into pointless "What If" scenarios and bad grammer. I was browsing [b][url=starwars.com]Star Wars.com[/url][/b] and they have released a partial cast list for the Epsiode III which is due out in May of next year.

[CENTER][b]Partial Cast Listing[/b]

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Ewan McGregor
Padmé - Natalie Portman
Anakin Skywalker - Hayden Christensen
Count Dooku - Christopher Lee
Mace Windu - Samuel L. Jackson
Yoda - Frank Oz
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine - Ian McDiarmid
Senator Bail Organa - Jimmy Smits
C-3PO - Anthony Daniels
R2-D2 - Kenny Baker
Chewbacca - Peter Mayhew

Jar Jar Binks - Ahmed Best
Mas Amedda - David Bowers
Ruwee Naberrie - Graeme Blundell
Ki-Adi-Mundi & Nute Gunray - Silas Carson
Malé-Dee - Kee Chan
Owen Lars - Joel Edgerton
Ellé - Joel Edgerton
Queen of Naboo - Keisha Castle-Hughes
Sola Naberrie - Claudia Karvan
Tarfful - Michael Kingma
Giddean Danu - Christopher Kirby

Captain Typho - Jay Laga'aia
Bana Breemu - Bai Ling
Pooja Naberrie - Haley Mooy/Rohan Nichol
Jobal Naberrie - Trisha Noble
Mon Mothma - Genevieve O'Reilly
Senator Nee Alavar - Rena Owen
Fang Zar - Warren Owens
Beru Lars - Bonnie Maree Piesse
Orn Free Taa - Matt Rowan
Tion Medon - Bruce Spence
Commander Cody - Temuera Morrison/Bodie Taylor
Ryoo Naberrie - Kiera Wingate
Moteé - Kristy Wright

Shaak Ti - Orli Shoshan
Luminara Unduli - Mary Oyaya
Barriss Offee - Nalini Krishan
Plo Koon - Matt Sloan
Saesee Tiin - Kenji Oates
Bultar Swan - Mimi Daraphet
Agen Kolar - Tux Akindoyeni
Stass Allie - Lily Nyamwasa
Aayla Secura - Amy Allen
Bene - Mousy McCallum

Rune Haako - Sandy Thompson
Sly Moore - Sandi Finlay/Caroline de Souza Correa
Po Nudo - Paul Nicholson
Senator Fema Baab - Olive Levi/Paul Davies
Ask Aak - Paul Spence
Passel Argente - Marty Wetherill[/CENTER]

Well there you have it, believe me when I say that this took some time to write as I couldn't transcribe it straight from it's webpage.

One of the more interesting cast inclusions in my opinion is Chewbacca, I was under the impression he did not make any appearance until Episode IV however I guess I was mistaken. It also appears that Senator Padmé's family make their debut in what would appear to be varying degrees of camera time.

One of the more interesting questions under debate in the horribly run and spam heavy StarWars.com forums is the fate of the Jedi Council. One of the more implausable demises being generally agreed upon is that young clone Boba Fett kills Mater Windu. For anyone here who partook in that debate I'd like to point out that Boba was a mere child when his father was killed, and the length of the Clone Wars itself would not allow him adequate time to train to kill the Jedi Master.

Another "fact" brought up is how Vader kills all the Jedi, not to rain on anyones parade but there are a few thousand Jedi left at the end of the Clone Wars and I doubt very much that Vader went around kill each and everyone of them. The more probable outcome is that Vader slays a number of Council members by himself while the Emperors Force trained servants dispose of the rest, with the Imperial Navy taking care of most of the normal Jedi.

Well it's late and I should wrap this up, but any responses or theories on what I have said would be apprechiated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I was lucky that I didn't type all of it, I was able to [b]Copy + Paste[/b] the character's names but it wouldn't let me do the same for the actors and actresses (or in some cases voice overs) so I was forced to write all of them. It could have been worse since the crew for the film was there as well and I didn't dare try and copy that.

I was just wondering how Palpatine (courtesy of Star Wars Databank) managed to get all the way of Korriban (the Sith Homeworld), master the arts of the Sith themselves and then trot all the way back to Naboo with nobody the wiser. I would have expected Yoda to sense such a Dark Presence but then again I guess he's not infallible.[/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...
[spoiler]It's official, Episode III finally has a name. [u]Revenge of the Sith[/u] will be the title of the third star wars film, according to [URL=http://www.starwars.com]Star Wars.com[/URL]

There's also a heap of other spoilers available on the [URL=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/]Episode III Website[/URL], but they're only available to [URL=http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/]Hyperspace[/URL] members. Since membership to the Hyperspace "Fanclub" costs $40, I haven?t joined. It's way too much money for me to pay for all the things that'll be "declassified" once [u]Revenge of the Sith[/u] comes out in the summer of 2005.[/spoiler]

[color=green]I'm also curious, for everyone awaiting the release of the third installment of the prequel trilogy, are you going to remain spoiler free for this movie? Do you have any special plan for seeing it?

I decided to a while ago, seeing as this will be supposedly the last Star Wars movie. In addition, knowing the story to Episode II made seeing the movie less enjoyable than it'd have been otherwise.

So far it looks like I'll be out in California for next summer and will wait in line with all the other nerds after going to the 2nd SWG convention.[/color]

Ack, Hyperspace.. (picks up her lightsaber and starts haxing the computer) I hate that. I for one would not want to go to Sand Diego for a celebration covention. While I'm a die hard fan, I do have priorities that come higher in this case. As far as the title, I'm very pleased with it. But I really wouldn't call it a spoiler ;) The franchise is already being released with the name of the 3rd movie on the packages. I though, will be going first day, first showing at the theaters. Can't miss the final one :) I STILL believe though, that the OT is 100% better than the PT. Hopefully Eppy 3 will bring those numbers down a little ;)