mornigndew Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 Name something that you remember since the day you're born. Good/bad/funny.
coolkam007 Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 TNMT/barney(aka the devil)/powerrangers ^_^ you must admit.. at first the powerrangers where cool..
Lady Macaiodh Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 how my parents wouldn't let me watch scooby doo, pee-wee's playhouse, the count on sesamee street, masters of the universe, & a slew of other things b/c they were "evil"... also, after this one show i always watched, three's company came on. my mom always jumped up & hysterically turned off the tv, saying three's company was the most evil of them all. only i thought it was "threece company", some evil corporation hell-bent on corrupting people's minds...it was down right ominous... imagine my surprise & relief years later when i found out it was just a show about a guy living w/ two girls.
RicoTranzrig Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [COLOR=darkblue]I remember the huge park that I used to go to when I was a child, not having a care in the world.[/COLOR]
Lotus Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 1. Barney (I can't believed I used to loved Barney) 2. Power Ranger (I woke up extra early to watch it) 3. Captain Planet
Shy Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lotus [/i] [B]3. Captain Planet [/B][/QUOTE] I used to watch that show everyday! I can still remember the theme song. Anyway, I used to watch transformers, thundercats, and ghostbusters. I feel so old on these boards sometimes, *sigh*
Hinata Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]how my parents wouldn't let me watch scooby doo, pee-wee's playhouse, the count on sesamee street, masters of the universe, & a slew of other things b/c they were "evil"...[/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=royalblue] Oh my goodness I haven't heard of Masters of the universe in a long time...do you remember She-Ra or what about your toys...man I get upset at times b/c the kids today got some awesome toys to play with...Try to compare Big Wheels with Power Wheels..... But seriously the most memorable things are Thundercats * Voice of Liono "Ho"* and Voltron..that was the ish back in the day[/COLOR]
Darkness Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 I remember my all-time favorite cartoon. The transformers!!!!!! I also remember all of my transformer toys, and I had all of the he-man stuff too! Even the skunk guy!!!!!!(but my mom made me throw him away because he really came with an odor) Bad decision on the hands of the manufacturer:)
Break Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [SIZE=1]I can remember sesame street... ermm... nope, i can't remember :p And LM, why did your parents think they were "evil"?[/SIZE]
Guest Matt Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 well, i think every one watched power rangers and transformers.
conpiracymonki Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [b]If ya mean memories,...then they all personal :pIf ya mean shows...then I 'member: Samurai Pizza Cats Power Rangers Big Bad Beetleborgs & Beetleborgs Metallix(not that old, I guess) Superhuman Samurai Cyber Squad (a load of crap,..doesn't deserve to be seen by 3 year olds) uh,...Bananas in Pyjamas (this so reeked of coolness) Land Before Time I (film) Super Ted (remember that?) Barney the Dinosaur gimme s'more time...I'll remember I few more and edit 'em on to this list..[/b]
Sara Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [SIZE=1]Ooh, old TV shows!!!! See, when I was little, we actually had cable, and I actually watched TV. Lesse, what do I remember...? Thundercats TMNT [yeah!] Eureka's Castle Zoobally Zoo Ballooner Landing Sesame Street Smurfs Fraggle Rock The Pinwheel Show CareBears My Little Pony Rainbow Bright Mr Roger's Neighborhood Captain Planet GhostBusters and lotsa other shows that I don't remember the names of....[/SIZE]
conpiracymonki Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Ooh, old TV shows!!!! See, when I was little, we actually had cable, and I actually watched TV. Lesse, what do I remember...? Thundercats TMNT [yeah!] Eureka's Castle Zoobally Zoo Ballooner Landing Sesame Street Smurfs Fraggle Rock The Pinwheel Show CareBears My Little Pony Rainbow Bright Mr Roger's Neighborhood Captain Planet GhostBusters and lotsa other shows that I don't remember the names of....[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [b]Outta that list,..I remember: Thundercats (cool! gotta love that blue guy,..the Bengal) Sesame Street (Can't belive I missed that out on me list) Smurfs (didn't like that) Carebears (I remember the talking-books too!) Captain Planet (Was my favourite show...'Captain Planet, He's a Hero .....somethin something ' etc.) Ghost Busters (I liked that)[/b]
Sara Posted November 7, 2001 Posted November 7, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i] [B] [b]Outta that list,..I remember: Thundercats (cool! gotta love that blue guy,..the Bengal) Sesame Street (Can't belive I missed that out on me list) Smurfs (didn't like that) Carebears (I remember the talking-books too!) Captain Planet (Was my favourite show...'Captain Planet, He's a Hero .....somethin something ' etc.) Ghost Busters (I liked that)[/b] [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Captain planet he's a hero gonna take pollution down to Zero he's our powers Magnified He's fighting on The planet's die...errr...[i]side[/i] Or something like that. [/SIZE] ;)
Shy Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 I have something [U]isn't[/U] about captain planet. When I was little my parents got divorced, but my dad would try to visit me as often as he could. One day he took me and my mom (I have no idea why she went) to Chuck E Cheeses. If you have ever been there you know how worked up you can get about those tickets they give you when you play the games. I wanted to earn these little Chuck E. Cheese action figures (I know its lame, but I was 4) well I had earned almost earned the entire set when my dad told me that he had to go. I wanted to get the toy so badly that I started crying, my parents got really embarassed and paid for the stupid thing.
Sephiroth Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 the best old tv shows were the A-team and Alf....
Justin Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 I remember my mom and dad used to always want to watch Star Trek and that Star Search came on right before Star Trek. So they would always turn on the TV a little before Star Trek came thus, exposing my tender mind to the evil antics of [i]Ed McMahon[/i]... -Justin
mornigndew Posted November 8, 2001 Author Posted November 8, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]how my parents wouldn't let me watch scooby doo, pee-wee's playhouse, the count on sesamee street, masters of the universe, & a slew of other things b/c they were "evil"... also, after this one show i always watched, three's company came on. my mom always jumped up & hysterically turned off the tv, saying three's company was the most evil of them all. only i thought it was "threece company", some evil corporation hell-bent on corrupting people's minds...it was down right ominous... imagine my surprise & relief years later when i found out it was just a show about a guy living w/ two girls. [/B][/QUOTE] You're mom is strict. My parent don't care what I watch on TV.
Sephiroth Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 see, thats whats so great about living on your own, getting to watch whatever you want, unless your roommate wants to watch something else, then we have a fight for the remote control on our hands....
mornigndew Posted November 8, 2001 Author Posted November 8, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i] [B]see, thats whats so great about living on your own, getting to watch whatever you want, unless your roommate wants to watch something else, then we have a fight for the remote control on our hands.... [/B][/QUOTE] :laugh::laugh:, fighting over remote, that's funny. I never fight over the remote, because there's no one for me to fight. I lived with my parent, and they don't watch TV, I can have the TV all by myself.
Dragonfire1477 Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 Anyone remember the show Project GeaKeR? That was the funniest cartoon I've ever seen. They took it off the air years ago, I think it used to be on ABC in the Saturday morning lineup. I guess its not as old as some things, but I miss it!
Hinata Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 [COLOR=royalblue] Well while you all talk about shows..there is one toy in particular that I remember [SIZE=3] Teddy Rumpskin[/SIZE] Oh my goodness that toy was a trip..but he was still kinda awesome....but you all know you all taking it back for the movies though but there was one that I didn't see [SIZE=3]An American Tail[/SIZE] Now that was a movie.....* Voice of Fievel sister**singing* Some where out there Beneath the pale moon light But also who rembers 3-2-1 Contact...it was on the same channel as Sesame Street..at least in the US it was?[/COLOR]
Lotus Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mornigndew [/i] [B] :laugh::laugh:, fighting over remote, that's funny. I never fight over the remote, because there's no one for me to fight. I lived with my parent, and they don't watch TV, I can have the TV all by myself. [/B][/QUOTE] Lucky, I have to fight over the remote and computer everyday with my brother and sisters to watch my favorite shows and go online.
Guest Akito Posted November 8, 2001 Posted November 8, 2001 I have ta threaten my lil sister into shutting up with a virus that completely destroys a computer(no, it's not mine, but a friend gave it to me cause some idiots at school are tryin to use it for childish things ie: destroying the computer system at school), my dad doesn't believe i have one, but i do, and i wouldn't use it, but it's the only copy, so it's safe, and it's also in a safe, with a lil bomb that won't destroy the safe, but will just destroy the disk(can't let the Fed's get their hands on it, can we?)
Lady Macaiodh Posted November 9, 2001 Posted November 9, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B][SIZE=1] And LM, why did your parents think they were "evil"?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] let's see... scooby doo b/c of the ghosts & stuff... pee wee's playhouse b/c they thought he was gay... the count on sesame street b/c he was a vampire... masters of the universe b/c they used magic or something. i wasn't allowed to watch the smurfs either b/c of the magic, i was really pissed about that one. i also wasn't allowed to watch the movie "the land before time" b/c it was made by the same company who made the movie "the last temptation of christ"... people made fun of me so bad...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now