OtakuBoards

What do otakus think about Homosexuality?

Miryoku

I am one hundred percent fine with homosexuality even though the only gay guy I know I cannot stand. But it isn't because of his sexuality its because he is a prick towards me. And may I also remind you that some of the greatest people in history were gay.... Like Alexander the Great. Being gay should not be a hinderance, Some celebrities try to hide being gay yet if they decide to hide it from the public then if something does slip then the media has a field day.

Thereason why homophobes hate gay people is because of the fact that they may find it difficult to accept the fact that there are people out there that have a different sexual preference. It also goes against quite a few religions but come on, God is love right?. This ain't the sdark ages that we are living in people.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth']Then get married. Let their ministers/priests/rabbis marry them, let them exchange rings. Just don't take it into a public forum and try to change the current social insitution. That's what I'm arguing.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]But isn't a church or a synogaugh or a mosque a public forum? So wouldn't that be doing what you don't want them to do?

You want to talk failed marriages, look at all of Hollywood...I think 10 years is the current record there. And guess what, they're all straight.

I think it's funny that so many opponents of gay marriage claim that marriage is a sacred and holy thing. Ok, maybe it's a sacred thing now, but it hasn't always been that way and it sure wasn't that way hundreds of years ago when the church first got involved. Arranged marriages are hardly sacred unions between two people who love eachother.

i'll add more later, i have a baby to take care of[/color]

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth']Then get married. Let their ministers/priests/rabbis marry them, let them exchange rings. Just don't take it into a public forum and try to change the current social insitution. That's what I'm arguing.[/quote]
Well, now, couldn't the same be said for hetero marriages? How is it any different for them? As it stands now, your argument can be used against those against Same-Sex marriage. They're taking it into a public forum and trying to change the current social institution, because up until now, there has never been any movement (to my knowledge) that would define marriage as between a man and woman. It's how it's been in the past (a trend, really...and more or less based on business and economics), yes, but it's never been [i]official[/i].

So, Jordan, I still don't see how that's a valid argument, because it's just as easy to apply that to hetero marriages and those fighting against Same-Sex marriage.

And remember, instituting gay rights will not lead to a blood orgy.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']But isn't a church or a synogaugh or a mosque a public forum? So wouldn't that be doing what you don't want them to do? [/color][/quote]

Well, no, actually. While Churches are public, they are private institutions that aren?t owned by the state. I should clarify then, keep it out of the State.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
You want to talk failed marriages, look at all of Hollywood...I think 10 years is the current record there. And guess what, they're all straight. [/color][/QUOTE]

You can be pro-marriage and against frivolous divorce/marriage. I?m not happy with Hollywood marriages any more than you may be, but nothing can prevent that from happening under our current marriage laws without threatening perfectly legitimate marriages. We can prevent gay marriage without that complication, however.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
I think it's funny that so many opponents of gay marriage claim that marriage is a sacred and holy thing. Ok, maybe it's a sacred thing now, but it hasn't always been that way and it sure wasn't that way hundreds of years ago when the church first got involved. Arranged marriages are hardly sacred unions between two people who love eachother.
i'll add more later, i have a baby to take care of[/color][/QUOTE]

Marriage has been spat on, defiled, etc. That doesn?t mean that the families I know with legitimate marriages under a few different religious ceremonies shouldn?t be able to call what they have ?sacred?. We lost a few battles in WW2, we won the war.

Give your baby a hug for me.

[quote name='Siren']Well, now, couldn't the same be said for hetero marriages? How is it any different for them? [/quote]

Well, it?s not. I don?t really need the government to tell me that I?m married. I see why marriage exists in our government, and as long as it remains ethically sound, in my opinion, I will support that institution.

[QUOTE=Siren]
As it stands now, your argument can be used against those against Same-Sex marriage. They're taking it into a public forum and trying to change the current social institution, because up until now, there has never been any movement (to my knowledge) that would define marriage as between a man and woman. It's how it's been in the past (a trend, really...and more or less based on business and economics), yes, but it's never been [i]official[/i]. [/QUOTE]

Never been officially heterosexual? I think it has ever since the actual act was brought to our nation. I guess with the ?DoM? acts we are making it official now. As I?ve said before, there are parts of marriage I like, and parts (like Hollywood marriages, etc) that I don?t like. I only want to maintain what integrity the institution still has (and millions of married couples would agree that their marriages remain sacred) by keeping it morally right. I know you don?t see anything morally wrong with homosexuality, that?s fine. I do.

[QUOTE=Siren]
And remember, instituting gay rights will not lead to a blood orgy.[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I?d say incest and polygamy would be pretty easy arguments though.

[color=silver] Ok, right now I can't find the exact quote from the bible but when I do i shall edit my post and post it. But there are parts of the bible that say marrage should not stop a man from taking multiple wives and/or concubines. Also did yall just ignore my last post, if your going to use the bible to protect marrige then you might just want to explain why you don't fallow all its teachings, because that seems quite hypocritical of you. thank you and again i shall edit this when i find the exact quote from the bible again.[/color]

[quote name='Drix D'Zanth']Well, it?s not. I don?t really need the government to tell me that I?m married. I see why marriage exists in our government, and as long as it remains ethically sound, in my opinion, I will support that institution.[/quote]
Well, you did say, "That's not really fair to the marriages who [b]do[/b] suceed and live caring and loving lives," and certainly there would be homosexual marriages that do succeed and live caring and loving lives, so as long as the marriage is caring and loving, you would have no problem with it, and thus many of the same principles and guidelines that legitimize heterosexual marriages are equally applicable to homosexual marriages

[QUOTE]Never been officially heterosexual? I think it has ever since the actual act was brought to our nation. I guess with the ?DoM? acts we are making it official now. As I?ve said before, there are parts of marriage I like, and parts (like Hollywood marriages, etc) that I don?t like. I only want to maintain what integrity the institution still has (and millions of married couples would agree that their marriages remain sacred) by keeping it morally right. I know you don?t see anything morally wrong with homosexuality, that?s fine. I do.[/QUOTE]
Yes, never officially heterosexual. You look at History, and the only reasons men and women were getting married were for economics and procreation, and even then, the men had mistresses and countless extramarital affairs, so a "monogamous" marriage isn't exactly commonplace throughout history, and morally, monogamous homosexual couples today are lightyears ahead of the so-called "moral" hetero marriages in history. Something to think about.

[quote]Probably not. I?d say incest and polygamy would be pretty easy arguments though.[/QUOTE]
Well, I think blood orgy is a weak argument no matter what we're talking about.

[font=timesnewroman][color=darkgreen]

I'm bisexual, but in my circles, it doesn't mean that much. In fact, most of my friends are bisexual, and we consider all humans to be to some extent - that no one is purely heterosexual or homosexual, that there are shades of grey in between.
Unfortunately for me, I'm a bit odd in that I find homosexual guys really attractive... which is not really good in that I have no chance at all of them being interested in me (as I'm female.) But something about gay guys... the ones you notice as being gay... man, some of them are just really HOT. But back to the moral discussion.

I dont know if it's been brought up, but homosexuality isn't a purely human thing, many species of animal also display behaviour of intergender relationships or sexual activities. Religion, however, I know as being a purely human thing. A thing I'm not entirely happy about, as it tends to make people think other people are doing the "wrong" thing, where we will really never know. Especially in the instance of an activity or thing that does not harm ones self or another. So why the negative energy? Anyway, my opinion is that your body and beliefs are your business, and sometimes it is best to keep your behaviour and opinions to yourself, especially if they might cause another individual stress or discomfort, for whatever reason - out of love and respect for other individuals. [b]This goes for both religion AND sexuality. [/b]

[/color][/font]

[quote name='Chabichou]Honestl people, if you actually [B]read[/B'] your holy books, you will see how angry it makes God when people commit homosexual acts.[/COLOR][/quote]
I don't have a holy book. I've read up on religion and belief that there is a higher being just doesn't do it for me. What are beliefs based on? That some dude born some mysterious way magically knows the word of god. Religion seems to lead to intolerence for the most part. And I'm tolerent of everything that's not stupid.

This is not about marriage. All gay people want are BENEFITS. They want to be able to see each other in the hospital and get cheaper insurance. Why is that so wrong?
I'd also like to say that I think homosexual intercourse is nasty. Do I think it is morally wrong? No. Why do I support their right to get married? Because I DON'T CARE. I see no problem with them being married, as it has no effect on me. Do I know who's gay and who's not? No. Do I care? No. I don't see where morals come into this. All they want is the same frickin' rights as Heterosexuals, so why is that a problem?

[quote name='Sea Of Chaos666']Well LPpunkrocka I geuss we have the same problem I'm the only straight girl who does not have any thing against Bi's or homo's. Most of my friends are Bis. I even know some chick who has a crush on me and I don't give a sh**!! I have a shrit that says I love lesbiens and my friend had it on for halloween and she got drit kicked in her face for it!!!! I got soooooooooooooooooo mad!!!! There is nothing wrong for being Bi or Homo!!!!!!!!!!! Every one has something unique about them. My friend was made fun of so bad by this one guy he had to get a restraning order....[/quote]
Once again, I repeat, tell them all to blow it out there mther-*******-*****, and to suck it the **** up, to shut the **** up, and learn to accept it.
God made us all individuals special in our own ways. Maybe homosexuality is one of those ways, which is how I see it, so, as my last post in this subject, I'll just stress my opinion.
Homosexuality is not a deformity like so many people treat it. It's a providence to some-a gift from God, andthose who are homosexual shouldn't be questioning it because of how all the ******* who are prejudiced do, instead they should be grateful as hell for it. My friend, Mark, is gay and he's not afraid to admit it, even though he's had the **** beaten out of him countless times just for that. It's not fair, but then again, the way I was raised, life ain't supposed to be fair, people are supposed to look at you and judge you for what doesn't really matter. Your personality, your attitude, your soul...that's the **** that ******* matters most. People should judge by that, and if they did, we'd have a better world, less conflict, more peace.

But that's not gonna hapen, is it?

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: Please watch the language you are using in your post. I did have to edit it for content.
~Panda[/COLOR]

Guest Crimson Spider
Ah yes, something I feel many people are blinded to by the standard unproven belief of "You should accept them for who they are".

Homosexuality is a problem. Regardless of creed, race, anything. It is a virus to our society, and like a virus our society would do much better without it. The very concept of homosexuality has caused problems, for both the strait and the homosexual. Political problems, hate crimes, discrimination, topics on anime boards, all of that occurs because this one thing exists. If it weren't around, we would be much better off without it.

Unfortunately we've been dealt a wild card in this situation, and it exists. So we have to put up with it in our own little ways. If it is somehow a genetic deformality, then find a cure ASAP. Psychological problem, tutoring (though people woudn't rest until they found some link to any sort of biological cause). Anyone who has taken sex-ed knows that things aren't supposed to work out this way. That's why you should get rid of something that no one wants, similar to how doctors/scientists developed medical technology to help cure blindness and psychological problems. You could say that homosexuality is part of their personaliity and you shouldn't get rid of it, but you could also say that ADHD and blindess are part of a persons personality.

[QUOTE=Ravenstorture][font=timesnewroman][color=darkgreen]

I'm bisexual, but in my circles, it doesn't mean that much. In fact, most of my friends are bisexual, and we consider all humans to be to some extent - that no one is purely heterosexual or homosexual, that there are shades of grey in between.

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I've been thinking that, too, and I'd have to agree. It's rubbish how much it seems people need to divide themselves into 'groups' - am I straight? bi? gay?...etc. People have enough trouble trying to find themselves. Who they're attracted to comes naturally.[/size]

[QUOTE=Ravenstorture][font=timesnewroman][color=darkgreen]
I dont know if it's been brought up, but homosexuality isn't a purely human thing, many species of animal also display behaviour of intergender relationships or sexual activities. [/b]

[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Indeed. *has seen proof* ...No need to get into that, though.[/size]

[QUOTE=Crimson Spider]Ah yes, something I feel many people are blinded to by the standard unproven belief of "You should accept them for who they are".

Homosexuality is a problem. Regardless of creed, race, anything. It is a virus to our society, and like a virus our society would do much better without it. The very concept of homosexuality has caused problems, for both the strait and the homosexual. Political problems, hate crimes, discrimination, topics on anime boards, all of that occurs because this one thing exists. If it weren't around, we would be much better off without it.

Unfortunately we've been dealt a wild card in this situation, and it exists. So we have to put up with it in our own little ways. If it is somehow a genetic deformality, then find a cure ASAP. Psychological problem, tutoring (though people woudn't rest until they found some link to any sort of biological cause). Anyone who has taken sex-ed knows that things aren't supposed to work out this way. That's why you should get rid of something that no one wants, similar to how doctors/scientists developed medical technology to help cure blindness and psychological problems. You could say that homosexuality is part of their personaliity and you shouldn't get rid of it, but you could also say that ADHD and blindess are part of a persons personality.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]As stated several times before, there is no 'cure' for homosexuality. It's not like one wakes up one brisk Saturday morning and decides "I wanna be gay today" or "Oh! Being gay looks fun! Why don't I give it a go?"

It's hard enough on people who are gay to come out and tell their friends and family. I have a friend who's gay, and I didn't know until he told me. My favourite teacher is gay. You can ask anyone at school who has him, and they'll tell you he's their favourite teacher. Why? Because he's incredibly understanding, and a normal, sweet, funny person, and probably the nicest teacher I've ever had, and also a great friend to me. Psychological problem? I think not. Nobody calls him 'f-a-g' because they've learnt to respect and accept that small issue that doesn't involve us anyway. What does who you're attracted to and who you love have anything to do with your moral values?

And for god's sake, as ChibiHorsewoman said, homosexuality is NOT like the flu. It's not contagious, you don't get 'infected', and people don't just 'turn' gay in an instant. ...Erm, at least the ones who don't 'come out' as a last resort for attention, which DOES happen, sadly. But ANYway.

If you can say you can control who you have feelings for, then great. I've yet to meet a single person who says they can.

But what's this about sex ed? Sex is sex. What's the point of having sex with someone you're not attracted to? Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I thought sex = making love. Leave them to be with who they want. Why do people feel the need to get into people's private lives - people they have never even seen before?[/size]

To me it does not matter what your orientation is. At the end of the day its all about how one person feels about the other whether its a man and man, women and women or man and women it doesnt matter. As long as they love the other person I dont see the problem with it.

[quote name='Crimson Spider']The very concept of homosexuality has caused problems, for both the strait and the homosexual. Political problems, hate crimes, discrimination, topics on anime boards, all of that occurs because this one thing exists. If it weren't around, we would be much better off without it.[/quote]

[color=green]Well then, let?s get rid of it.

Let?s get rid of anyone who?s not white, Christian and male too. That way we wouldn?t have any of these political, hate, discrimination problems.[/color]

[quote name='Crimson Spider']Ah yes, something I feel many people are blinded to by the standard unproven belief of "You should accept them for who they are".[/quote]

[color=green]How can acceptance be an unproven belief?[/color]

[quote name='Crimson Spider']That's why you should get rid of something that no one wants, similar to how doctors/scientists developed medical technology to help cure blindness and psychological problems.[/quote]

[color=green]If nobody wants this, where are all these supporters of Gay Marriage coming from?[/color]

[QUOTE=Crimson Spider]Ah yes, something I feel many people are blinded to by the standard unproven belief of "You should accept them for who they are".

Unfortunately we've been dealt a wild card in this situation, and it exists. So we have to put up with it in our own little ways. If it is somehow a genetic deformality, then find a cure ASAP. Psychological problem, tutoring (though people woudn't rest until they found some link to any sort of biological cause). Anyone who has taken sex-ed knows that things aren't supposed to work out this way. That's why you should get rid of something that no one wants, similar to how doctors/scientists developed medical technology to help cure blindness and psychological problems. You could say that homosexuality is part of their personaliity and you shouldn't get rid of it, but you could also say that ADHD and blindess are part of a persons personality.[/QUOTE]

[center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22019&stc=1[/img][/center]

CS, I would have said it more nicely, but...you didn't deserve it.

[size=1]...and that, my friends, is how we end this thread today. The arguments have been made (several times over, might I add) and I think it's best if we walk away from the discussion before it degenerates any further.

These boards actively promote discussions like these, but not if people are going to act childish. Hopefully the next time this topic comes around (and [i]it will[/i], trust me) I'd like to see a little more maturity from everyone involved.

Thread closed.

-Shy[/size]