OtakuBoards

What do otakus think about Homosexuality?

Miryoku

There, there it's okay
I really don't think that anythings worng with homosexuality (hope I spelled that right)
My older brother's gay and I simply have no problem with it.
We even talk about boys we like at school ^-^
anyway if you love someone you love them and nothing can't change that.
You fell in love with them because of them not their sexuallity!
Love is love no matter what!!!
To me it doesn't matter If there male or female.
Just do your own thing, don't worry about the world.
Just turn around pull you pants down and say this
"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUS THINK, YOU CAN KISS MY *** LOSERS!!!!!"
And crack a big *** smile while walking away.

That's what i think ^-^ :laugh:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i]Oh please! LOL! I've always known that my dad is a man and that my mom is a woman. I talk to them each differently. Very differently! I always have.
Your family life is so much different than life with your peers. It's where you learn to live. Peers are only temporary.[/i]

[color=darkslateblue] This is possibly the first time I ever heard someone say that a child learns 'how to be heterosexual' or 'how to interact with the opposite sex' from their parents. Uh. Come on. 30 year old parents don't exactly behave like 5th graders, do they? Peers can be temporary, but they considerably have a larger effect on you and how you act in your social world. Most kids don't go home and talk to their parents about how they should deal with things at school. They go to their friends.

You learn your root morals and ideals from your family. Peers can change so much of that.[/color]

I actually see nothing wrong with it at all...so what if they are the same gender...love is love....and why does it concern other ppl what some ppl do or love?....yea I'm a really open-minded person who accepts everyone...and i can understand it both ways, hell out of all my family I'm the only one who will really accepts it....But I don't let my family's opinion cloud my judgement on it....I got a some gay/bi friends, they are the same as all of us....and no one has the right to tell you who you have to love....^_^
Peace :love2:

Needless to say..but I don't like gays..And I am not saying this to start trouble. Yes there are some gay people who can't help but like the same gender ,but now days most people just wanna be gay it's like a trend with people. and I don't believe bisexuality exists, It's 1 thing to be gay and like only one sex, but both? Bisexuality seems like a made up sexuality just to have fun at like orgies.
(Sorry if I offended you, just my point of view on it)

[quote name='Hell'z_KiD']now days most people just wanna be gay it's like a trend with people.[/quote]
Well, I don't think so. Until recently, it was extremely shameful to be gay, therefore no one 'came out of the closet,' to spare themselves the ridicule. In the 60s-70s (i think) Elton John was gay, but he never sang about another man explicitly. All his songs had words like 'you,' so that he wasn't exactly going against his beliefs as a gay person, but also wouldn't offend others. Now, in 2004, people aren't as homophobic, so people feel more comfortable expressing their sexual preference.

[quote]
and I don't believe bisexuality exists, It's 1 thing to be gay and like only one sex, but both? Bisexuality seems like a made up sexuality just to have fun at like orgies.[/QUOTE]
No, I don't think so. I think you can like both genders. I think Godel said ealier it may be psycological, as in there's something 'miswired' in their brain. Therefore, their brain may be semi- 'wired correctly,' as in they like the opposite gender, but also like their own. It seems plausible to me.

[QUOTE=Hell'z_KiD]Needless to say..but I don't like gays..And I am not saying this to start trouble. Yes there are some gay people who can't help but like the same gender ,but now days most people just wanna be gay it's like a trend with people. and I don't believe bisexuality exists, It's 1 thing to be gay and like only one sex, but both? Bisexuality seems like a made up sexuality just to have fun at like orgies.
(Sorry if I offended you, just my point of view on it)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry I don't get offended easily....I see where your coming from....I know some ppl who say they are that way cause they like attention and I think thats really annoying, but not all ppl who are bi are like that....

I have a question to ask the detractors of the "slippery slopes agrument"

The point has been raised quite a few times in these threads, about Homosexual marriage being the gateway to other marriages, say, to an animal or a cousin.

Detractors of this argument say that it is a totally different thing, and it's immoral and sickening. No-one seems to agree with the prospect of marrying an animal, or cousin, for obvious reasons.

Yet, take a step back here, isn't this what was said about Homosexuality?

Homosexuality was considered evil, immoral and sick, just like bestiality or incest is now, yet, it grew to become more widely accepted through tolerance and understanding.

I'm not condemning here, I just want to know how you can be sure that this won't in fact open some sort of doorway that will lead to sexual practices of other, more questionable kinds being accepted, give or take about 50 years or so. I mean, if the pattern of acceptance begins for such things, [i]will it not[/i] fulfil it's due course?

[QUOTE=Shinje (sic)] The point has been raised quite a few times in these threads, about Homosexual marriage being the gateway to other marriages, say, to an animal or a cousin.

Detractors of this argument say that it is a totally different thing, and it's immoral and sickening. No-one seems to agree with the prospect of marrying an animal, or cousin, for obvious reasons.

Yet, take a step back here, isn't this what was said about Homosexuality?

Homosexuality was considered evil, immoral and sick, just like bestiality or incest is now, yet, it grew to become more widely accepted through tolerance and understanding.

I'm not condemning here, I just want to know how you can be sure that this won't in fact open some sort of doorway that will lead to sexual practices of other, more questionable kinds being accepted, give or take about 50 years or so. I mean, if the pattern of acceptance begins for such things, [i]will it not[/i] fulfil it's due course?[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]First of all I'm suprized that this thread has lasted so long-way to go Miryoku.

Now, on the subject of Homosexual marriage vs marrying your cousin or your dog (for an example) There's a few factors for why a normal sane person would noit consider marrying their first cousin or dog.

There are pleanty of states where marriage between third cousins in completely fine and doesn't result in deformed children like a marriage between siblings or first cousins would. Which would probably be one of the reasons people will never condone marrying of first cousins. That isn't to say that something liek that hasn't happened. I read about it. However most people know that inbreeding like that hurts the offspring. Which is why I don't think the practice will be condoned as much as people seem to think.

As for marrying an animal, I think that one is pretty much a no brainer. In fact I won't even grace that one with a reply

I don't see where there would be much of a downfall in marriages (good strong marriages) If homosexual couples were suddenly allowed marriage rights like heterosexual couples. After all, couples in Hollywood have been getting married for a few days or hours or at the very most years, and then getting divorced because they had a few bumps and nobody's forbidden people to get married while drunk or bored have they? If you ask me I think Brittany Spears marrying a childhood friend just because she was bored is a lot more damaging to the sanctity of marriage than my husband's aunt and her lover getting married.

That's all I have to add on the subject for right now. I'm going to go start and abortion thread.[/color]

There is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. I mean I'm straight but I have two friends who are homosexual. I dont act different around them. I mean...you cant help who you like...It's just a natural thing. So if people have a problem with that..then those people must have problems themselves that they need to figure out.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I've gotta agree with Chibi, most sane people would not condone mariage to an animal, or, say, a first cousin. But those all have solid reasons backing them, genetical or otherwise, whereas homosexual marriage is simply a bond, not dissimilar to heterosexual marriage. It's simply a bond between two people who love each other, nothing more.

Alot of people make the argument "Marriage is the bond between a man and a woman!" But why? Sure, religiously that works. But, nowadays, marriage is more then a religious ceremony, it's a bond and nothing more.

Also, the two guys who own the local petstore are gay, and, frankly, you'd be hard pressed to find nicerpeople. Recently they got married, (Gay marriage now legal in Canada, like you didn't know) and no one raised a fuss. It's not like fire decended from hevan, and swept across the world or anytihng like that. [/COLOR]

[size=1]Cousins can actually have a child, and the odds of having 'problems' with said child are incredibly low. With cousins, there is considered enough 'dilution' for acceptable levels of 'risk' to be taken in having a child. That said, poeple who marry their cousins are looked down upon, despite the lack of 'risk' involved in it.

Homosexuality doesn't harm anyone. And we can argue that. But, from the whole slippery slope thing, how will people be able to persuade others that genetic defects are good things, or that cross-species breeding is a good thing? Or even acceptable?

I don't think they will. Which is why the slippery-slope slant sucks.

Alliteration. Whoo :p[/size]

[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1'] Homosexuality doesn't harm anyone. :p[/size][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]It sure hasn't harmed me yet and I've been taught by homosexuals, worked with homosexuals been friends with homosexuals have homosexuals in my naighborhood and have them in my family. I think my child would come to more harm being exposed to my mother-in-law than being exposed to homosexuals.

About the cousin thing tho, I think it's one of those stigma things that I don't quite know how to explain. I've read about it in one of my magazines a few montyhs ago about some woman who married her cousin and her family was mad at them...the article was probably called [b]What happens when Mr. Wrong happens to be Mr. Right[/b] for a reason. Of course that was first cousins...there's less of a stigma with people marrying their 2nd or third cousin

Personally I think same sex marriages would help out the economy in the long run because there would be more people registering for more wedding gifts and buying Vera Wang wedding gowns and such.

And Baron's correct that homosexuality hasn't harmed anyone except maybe right wing extremists.[/color]

[quote name='Kareiyasha']What I don't really understand is the reason why it's such a debated tpoic... why do we separate our sexualities? Hetro, Homo, Bi... what does it matter? Can't we all just be sexual and get over it all?[/quote]

lol...I like the way you think, I agree with you, more ppl should think your way...lol ^_^

Hmm.. having joined the Gay Straight Alliance of my highschool after my brother came out of the closet admitting he was bisexual to me, it's obvious what my opinion on this is, ne?

I'm a junior now, and it's the Gay Straight Alliance's third year in existance here, started by my brother and his friend Sasha back when I was a freshman. Now I am the current President of my GSA, and will be continuing throughout my senior year as well ( provided that I don't blow it.)

Personally, on the arguement that " I'm fine with it so long as they don't try and ask me out" etc., I feel that saying such a thing merely proves ignorance. For those who say that, you're playing into the stereotype that gays, lesbians, whatever, are automatically promiscuous once apart of said group. I'm glad to say that it is far from the truth.

And for those of you in a GSA, I feel your pains when you are straight and being a part of said group makes people associate you as a homosexual or whatever. I myself am straight and yet am my GSA's president. Some people fail to realize that it isn't Gay Alliance, but Gay-Straight Alliance, for the conception of UNITY between the two generalized groups.

Well, I'm outta time here, gotta run.

[size=1][QUOTE=maladjusted][/size][color=darkslateblue][size=1] I have a problem with the 'coolness' of bisexuality.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]Trust me, I have no problem with homosexuality/bisexuality, and I am a huge supporter for the rights of gay people.[/size]
[size=1] [/size]
[size=1]What I have a problem with is that all of a sudden, it's 'cool' to be bisxual so all these teens just 'decide' to be bisexual because they think it will make them cool and/or rebellious or whatever. You don't [i]choose[/i] to be gay. This is so dumb.[/size][/color][size=1][/QUOTE][/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]I agree; bisexuality is becoming a trend and you don't choose to be gay.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]Half of the girls in our school are bisexual. Why? [b]Because it turns the guys on. [/b]That's not saying much for our town, but that doesn't matter, because we have a high pregnancy rate anyways. I only know one lesbian in the school, and everyone else, except myself of course (I'm gay), is bi.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]As for it being unnatural, that's totally and completely coming from a religious persective. Because, if you think more logically and with proof, then it is not unnatural; it's just another thing that's encountered in life. Religion is about faith; no proof is involved.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]That leads to another thing, the gay marriage topic. While I, a gay man, am not fighting eagerly for it, it'd be nice to have. I do think we should have equal rights, seeing as we're humans as well, but you shouldn't [b]have[/b] to get married to prove your love to someone.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]When people connect homosexuality and beastiality, it sickens me. The two are not related, never has been, and never will be.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]Oh, heh, a girl at school asked me how I know I don't like sex with a girl if I have never had sex with one, and I replied: "How do [b]you[/b] know you don't like sex with a girl if you've never had sex with a girl?" heh. Just thought I'd share that.[/size]

Alright, I've posted eariler in this Forum, but I feel that I should post again. I stated that maybe we should drop the titles of our sexuality and just be sexual, but yes I agree different sexualities are becomming trendy. This saddens me.

Honestly, I'm eighteen, and I don't think that I'll ever know what my sexuality truly is, all that I'm aware of is that I appreciate both sexes, male and female alike. There's something so beautiful about the female body, and something masculine and protective about the male form, but I don't choose my sexuality to please others and certainly not to seem cool! Anyone who does this has MAJOR self-esteem issues.

If you believe that you may be one of these people who is comprimising their sexuality for trend setting reasons, or for popularity I suggest you futher educate yourself on hetro/homo/bi sexuality and decide for yourself what you're interested in.

Sexuality is a way to express our intimate selves. the fact that it's being treated like a fifty cent whore of the media and society upsets me greatly.

Ok, for one, there is NO WAY beastiality and homosexuality are the same. Break it down in grammatical terms: [i]Homo[/i]-prefix-definition: the same or similar. Are humans similar to sheep? Monkeys (in apperance, but do they have the same brain capacity to tell us they love us)? Dogs? No! And if homosexual marriges become legal, no way will the people of a democratic society elect an official whose belief are so right-winged.

And next: If you don't like homosexuality, why do you spend all your time trying to convert peoples beliefs? Leave them alone! Ignore it! Unless you have a gay relative or friend, [i] how much does homosexuality REALLY impact your life?![/i]And if you do, why can't you just let them love who they want? Don't YOU have a life to live. QUIT TRYING TO RUN OTHER PEOPLES LIVES.

So many diehard Christians are tring to make a perfect Christian soceity. "Weed'n out all 'em faggets"(quote from a person on my debate team) won't stop murder, rape, theft, etc. Why can't you just go on with life? Leave them alone because of their beliefs are different. I am a Christian, but I don't go around telling people their going to hell because they have a different religion, opinions, etc. Once again: [b]QUIT TRYING TO RUN OTHER PEOPLES LIVES.[/b]

Personally, I could give a damn if I have a gay friend. It was shocking at first, but you have to get used to it, or just ignore it. Banning things isn't gonna stop people from doing things.

Fin.

[COLOR=#004a6f]I personally think that homosexuality and bisexuality is wrong, but it's not like I insult these people or hate them or anything. Here are a few reasons I think homosexuality/bisexuality is wrong:

When you look at it from either a religious or non religious point of view, homosexuality/bisexuality is unnatural. Animals do not engage in homosexuality (and please people, worms do not count), and if they do, then there is something wrong with them. Afterall, one of an organisms goals in life (intentional or not) is to reproduce is it not? Homosexuality is an obvious barrier when it comes to reproduction.

Homosexuality affects the interaction between males and females, females with other females, and males with other males. For instance, public washrooms are seperate for males and females because of our sexual differences and to respect our sexual privacy. Guys definitely wouldn't appreciate it if girls were with them in the washroom while the are using a urinal right? Then shouldn't it be wrong and disrespectful if somebody gay was in there while other guys are urinating, since he is sexuality attracted to other guys? If girls are changing in a change room, wouldn't it be wrong for a lesbian to be in there, since she is sexually attracted to other girls? Afterall, a guy would definitely not be allowed in there.

Here's another example: I'm muslim, so I wear the veil when in the presence of men other than my brothers, my father, uncles, and my grandfather. But I don't have to wear it around other girls. What to I do when in the presence of a lesbian, and let's say I didn't even know she was? Assume that I'm in a public washroom, so I have removed my veil simply to fix my messy hair.

Think about it people.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f'] Animals do not engage in homosexuality .[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]You'd think that, but you'd be wrong. I can't think of the article at this very moment, but I do remember reading two years ago that there is a community of babboons that engage in homosexual behaivior. Also that there are also the females going after the males instead of the other way around.

There was another article that I read where female penguins were allowing other female penguins to help them raise their young.

I honestly don't see anything 'wrong' with homosexuality. Two men or two women being in love with one another isn't hurting me or my marriage directly or indirectly for that matter. If you feel that just because a man or a woman is homosexual that they're automatically attracted to you, then shame on you. Are you trying to say that since you're a heterosexual that suddenly you find every memeber of the opposite sex attractive and you want to be with them? If that's the case then maybe instead of preaching against homosexuality you should start seeing a psychiatrist. Because trust me nobody is so attractive that everyone wants them.

I don't have much else to add to this except that everyone should try to be a bit more accepting of everyone's differences since for those of us that practice a religion the main teaching of that religion is love not hate. Also for those who don't practice a religion well, just do the same and keep love in your heart.[/color]

[quote name='Chabichou']I personally think that homosexuality and bisexuality is wrong, but it's not like I insult these people or anything.[/quote]
Yes, you do. With that very statement, you have insulted them. You are a Palestinian, Chabichou. I am of european descent. I was born European, you were born Palestinian. I cannot change myself, and neither can you. What if I said that being a Palestinian is wrong? How would you feel? These people are born how they are, so you ARE judging them and you ARE insulting them.

[quote name='Morpheus']Yes, you do. With that very statement, you have insulted them. You are a Palestinian, Chabichou. I am of european descent. I was born European, you were born Palestinian. I cannot change myself, and neither can you. What if I said that being a Palestinian is wrong? How would you feel? These people are born how they are, so you ARE judging them and you ARE insulting them.[/quote]

Hmm. I don't think that is necessarily true. Is it insulting a murderer to tell him killing people is wrong? Is it insulting to a gossip to tell them to quit picking on people behind their backs? It seems to me that if one believes homosexuality is NOT an integral part of people's beings, but rather a behavior (and yes, I include thoughts within 'behavior'), then it seems to me that it is completely possible to tolerate without accepting. Or rather, to love the sinner but hate the sin.

I believe homosexuality is wrong, but I am not out actively railing against people who do so, or calling for all sorts of laws to regulate them. Honestly, whether or not gays can get legally married impacts me very little, and although I disagree in principle, I practically do very little about it. And I certainly wouldn't advocate restricting gay's civil rights or locking them up or something.

There seems to be a belief running through this thread that those who do not agree with homosexuality are all interested in active and malicious persecution of those who do, or that they [I]hate[/I] the [I]people [/I] who partake in homosexuality, which is simply untrue.