OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Morpheus

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Currently I'm using Star Wars' Imperial March theme, which Bill kindly sent me via AIM.[/SIZE][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]The one I fixed for him. :rolleyes:

The town tunes I've used so far are Super Mario, LoZ:OoT opening, Zelda's Lullaby, Saria's Song, Kokiri Forest (what can I say? Zelda has great music), Transformers (one I made for Will), Pirates of the Carribean, Ironman, Kirby Theme, and the Oompa Loompa song from Willy Wonka (my current one).

I love making town tunes, so if you want any of the ones I mentioned or you want me to make you one just ask. I think I've got a nack for making 'em. ;)

And now to talk about my Golden Shovel.

Or what would have been my Golden Shovel, really. You see, two nights ago I bought a second shovel and buried it in a safe spot (somewhere I could remember easily). Today I went back to get my Golden Shovel and low and behold a house had appeared! That's right, someone had moved into my town and parked their behinds [I]right[/I] ontop of the place I buried my shovel.

[spoiler]Feck[/spoiler]ing squirrel.

[b]EDIT:[/b] Damn, this game is smart. I just looked in the lost and found and there's a Golden Shovel there! I guess it actually [i]is[/i] a lost and found, heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, it's not just there for you to steal other people's stuff, you know. You dirty thief.

So, guess whose house is completely paid off. Yep, that's right; no more mortgage payments for me. I finally slapped down the final 900k to pay off the final upgrade today. Of course, now I'm almost broke. . . . But that's nothing a little fishing won't fix.[/color]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]The one I fixed for him. :rolleyes: [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Heh, don't blame me, Bill never specified where he got the tune from. Just OOC White, would you by any chance be able to do the Indiana Jones theme ? Music was never really my specialty in school. ^_^'[/SIZE]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Today I went back to get my Golden Shovel and low and behold a house had appeared![/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=#8B0000]I've been planting flowers all over my town like crazy for the last couple of days, and one of my residents, Coco, just moved out yesterday, which means that someone else is due to come in. I swear, if that someone parks [i]their[/i] behind on any of my flowerbeds, they'll be getting an overdose of multiple net beatings.

So now, I've just gone and relocated some of my flowerbeds to the spots which are least likely to become new houses. Here's hoping, eh.[/color]

Edit: White, do you mean Iron Man as in Black Sabbath? If you do, then pass it over!

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma][b]China Theme Song Thing[/b]
A A A A G z G z
e z e z G - z z

[b]Ironman[/b]
a - - c - - c -
d - d - - z z z

[b]Indiana Jones[/b]
e - f G c - - d
- e F - z z z z

The last two are cut short due to no room, but they sound decent anyways. Also, I just paid of my second mortgage and I'm getting Nookway. :)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I'm not sure if you guys know this or not, but you can tell where houses can go up when villagers move in. Any place there's a sign, that's a spot where a villager can move in. So it's a good idea to avoid planting stuff within two or three spaces of a sign.[/color]

[font=arial][size=1]Well, I've had the game since last Christmas, but never saw fit to post about it or give out my friend code until recently. I invited Shinmaru over a week or two ago and promptly chased him around my town attacking him with an axe. In fact, I broke my axe on him.

Anyway, I think I've paid off three mortgages, I honestly don't remember. I have a Nookway, peaches, oranges, cherries, coconuts, and apples in my town.

The friend code's

2491 7504 1528

Oh, and I made my own town tune based on the intro to "A Crater to Cough In" by Circle Takes the Square. I like it, but those of you who haven't heard of the band probably don't care.

e F e - C - C -
C e c - G - G -
(lowercases are high notes)[/font][/size]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']I'm not sure if you guys know this or not, but you can tell where houses can go up when villagers move in. Any place there's a sign, that's a spot where a villager can move in. So it's a good idea to avoid planting stuff within two or three spaces of a sign.[/color][/quote]

[color=#8B0000]That's good to know. It's a shame I already relocated all of my flowers... :animedepr

Today was a good day for me. It rained, so I got the chance to go out and catch some rare fish. I caught two Arowanas, a Gar, and a load of Giant Snakeheads, and sold them off for a healthy sum at Nookway's. Not only that, but I caught a Tarantula and a Scorpion, which I haven't sold yet.[/brag] Plus, I paid off my fourth mortgage.

So all is well over in Orion.[/color]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I wish I had known the sign thing before I buried my shovel two spaces below a sign. >>"

Anyway, I've got a new flag now (if you've been to my town before, you'll know it used to be plain white). It's now a very good (if I do say so myself) Canadian Flag. The maple leaf was a hassle.

Bombu, I caught a scorpion just the other night. Unfortunately I was forced to donate him to [strike]Hooters[/strike] Hootie, though.

I also made a new town tune. It's the beginning of the theme for Hockey Night in Canada, though, so I doubt you guys want to hear it. :P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Bombu, I caught a scorpion just the other night. Unfortunately I was forced to donate him to [strike]Hooters[/strike] Hootie, though.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=darkred]I know what you mean. I hate it when I catch something that's super rare and would be worth a fortune, but I have to donate it to the museum. I guess money comes and money goes, though.

Scorpions and Tarantulas are a real ***** to catch, because not only are they rare, but there's also the chance that they'd give you a good biting before running off, or they'll jump into the water before you even get the chance to get your net out. The best way to go about catching them in my opinion is to let them run towards you, and then with the right timing, hit the A button. It's worked loads of times for me, just as long as they don't decide to dump themselves in the water.

And thanks for the Iron Man tune. Even if there isn't enough room for the whole tune, it still sounded pretty cool.[/color]

[size=1][color=teal]I'm well one the way to paying off my third load to Tom Nook, just need to get some nice rare bugs and fish in order to get the Bells. Does anyone know the actual mechanics of getting an Animal from a town you've visited to move in to your town, just I'm trying to one of Des' old Animals to move in with me ^_^.

And I had someone from White's town move in with me but that was totally random so I'm not sure how it happened. And on another note which collection do you have most finished, for me its those lovely, lovely insects.[/color][/size]

[color=#8B0000]My fish and bug collection is coming along really nicely. I think I've more or less caught everything that appears in the summer, so now I'm waiting on the winter and autumn to catch the remaining few. I think that if anything needs attention it's my fossil collection, but I guess that can't be helped...[/color]

[color=#4B0082]My fossil collection is complete. ^_^ But fossils are by far the easiest section of the museum to complete. You just have to play long enough to dig up one of each type.

My collection of fish is also nearing completion, though. I think I'm currently only missing ten, most of which I have to wait till September (only a few days away) to be able to catch.[/color]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Well I finally got this game yesterday. Since I also finally got a DS Lite. ^_^ And since they had pink available I choose it over the black and white versions.

It was quite a bit of fun to play today and to see the differences between this one and the GameCube version. I don?t really care for having to water the flowers, but I?m looking forward to toying with the drawing constellations and such.

Mariskah also got the game as she went with me to the store. She also got the game guide and it has some nifty patterns for making shirts and flags and such. I know I?m going to be trying out the Zelda one in the book. ^_~

About the only thing that seems a little weird is that the landscape seems to roll a bit instead of having a more flat appearance.

Oh and Mariskah came over tonight just so she could visit my town, so now I have oranges that I can plant as soon as Tom Nook offers a shovel for me to buy. I didn?t know she was coming over though and I had already sold all of my apples. So I?ll have to give her some later when they?ve grown again.

About the only thing I didn?t get was the Wi Fi adaptor as I have cable internet. By the time I bought the DS and then the game I was too broke to get the adaptor. So as soon as I have that I?ll put my codes up so people can visit me. ^_^ [/COLOR]

[color=#8B0000]I planned on getting a DS Lite of my own, but I don't think I'll be getting one any time this year because college is so damn time consuming. The same goes for the Wii, unfortunately.

The hours that I've put into this game are ridiculous. During the summer holidays, where I had nothing but time to kill, I played this game from morning to bed time, with the odd one hour interval in between those boring eventless times where there was nothing to do.

Apart from chopping trees, I think that planting and watering flowers to get a perfect town was the most time consuming thing that I did. It was fun at first, because my town started to look different compared to the dull one that I was use to seeing day after day, but after a while it gets really tedious. But, the thing is, once you've planted a cozy little flower bed (well, a big one in my case), you think to yourself, "damn, it'd be a shame to stop now", inevitably dragging yourself in for the long haul, which I was a victim to. Though, seeing I haven't played the game for a while, they're all probably dead by now. :animesigh

Seriously, the above is just a small taster of how addictive, and somewhat demanding, the game can be. On another note, I like the rotating overworld. At first I was skeptical about it because it was different, but the moment I first put the game on I knew that it wouldn't be a bad thing. As opposed to the GameCube version, you can actually see ahead of yourself, which makes ACWW no where near as restrictive.[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Well now that I?ve had the game for a bit I?m starting to see how addicting it can be. I still don?t care for having to water the flowers, but I made it easier by moving all the ones that were in random spots to where the town gate is. So now all my flowers are either by a house or some other building. So I just water them when I make my rounds visiting and such. I?ve also gotten use to having the rotating view as I walk around in the town.

One thing I really like is how the dresser can hold so much stuff! It?s nice to only need one dresser and to also be able to put a ton of stuff in it. The other thing I noticed is the present floating in the sky, but according to the game guide I need a sling shot so I can shoot it down. So now I need to get one.

So is anyone currently playing and doing the Acorn Festival? I?ve been doing it all week. I?ve been getting some pretty nifty Mushroom furniture as a result. The Mushroom TV is just too funny looking. Which brings me to another point. I love how you can actually turn the TV on! ^_^[/COLOR]

The Acorn Festival was fun. It got me to play my game again. I got all the Mush furniture and set it up in my house. v^.^ Just gotta get all the furniture from Pascal, and a meadow carpet...
But yeah, I don't have much left to do in AC anymore. I caught and donated all the bugs and fish, got a perfect town, payed off my debt, etc. I still need to collect as much furniture as possible, even though my catalogue option with Tom Nook is not working right now, so I can't see how much I've got left (OR order anything!). >.<

Oh, by the way, my character's name in AC is Monkey, and my town's name is Aap Stad. I'll have to browse this thread to see if there are other interesting town names.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I?d love to get a DS but I don?t have any money to pay for one. >_< Still I?ve gotten to play this game since SunfallE let me add a character to her town and it?s wonderfully addicting. I like it better than the game cube version. Well other than watering the flowers that is, I like to plant them, I just don?t like to water them.

What I like is how you can try to talk to your neighbors when they are already chatting with someone as you get to hear what they are talking about. And sometimes they include you in the conversation as well.

I also like how you shoot the present down instead of hoping it will land in a tree. I?ve gotten pretty good at running up to the top of the town to shoot the item down. In fact I shot down a Golden Sling shot today. ^_^ Which is pretty nifty since when you shoot it [spoiler]the thing sends out three rocks making it easier to hit stuff. I also found out that you can shoot the mail bird out of the sky! I didn?t mean to hit him! >_< [/spoiler]It was pretty funny though. ^_^

Now all SunfallE needs to do is get a wireless adaptor so I can pester her into letting me have visitors or to go and visit someone else?s town. Well other than Mariskah's town that is. I do like how you can visit someone if you are in the same room. ^_^[/COLOR]

• 10 months later...
Well I think I'm about two years late with getting this game, however I only acquired a DS Lite for my birthday last month. So there.

Having played a little bit of Final Fantasy III and nearly finishing with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, I've turned my sights onto this little marvel which should [i]hopefully[/i] be arriving tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm not expecting much of a response, however, I was just wondering if anyone still played it. It seems that WiFi really makes a difference with this game, and though I'd need the USB to use it, it'd be really good to eventually play with some people and vandalise your villages... Just kidding.

Who knows, maybe you guys will want to start again.

See ya'.

I have a big problem with my copy. Every time I try to connect to the internet from my home modem, it doesn't pick up a signal. I'm pretty sure this is a recent development, since I've Wi-Fi traveled before. Also, all my other Wi-Fi compatible games work (I sent mail to a friend on FFIII and I probably have a Turtwig waiting for me at home in Pearl.) The problem is, I think my copy is used. Can I still send it in to Nintendo?

[quote name='Zidargh']The only reason that I can think of is perhaps that it is related to your modem. Also, I timed a wrong time to revive this thread as it was the last post on Page 8 so for those who are reading... READ MY POST! As I'd like to play with you.[/QUOTE]

It's not my modem. Like I said, ALL my other games work. It basically has to be the game. It's really annoying, because I wanna play with my sister who lives halfway across the country.

[color=#4B0082]I'd really need more specifics before I'd be able to help. . . . Have you ever been able to connect to the internet with your copy of ACWW before? Does it give you an error code or anything when it fails to connect? If so, what is it? Do you know if it can connect from other places besides your home network? And finally, what are you trying to do in the game when you attempt to connect to the internet?

As for myself, I barely play the game anymore. I pimped out the main room of my house with the exotic and Japanese furniture, completed my bonzai collection, and made a rockin' lounge upstairs, then I kind of got bored. Redd shows up in town entirely too little?even less than in the original AC?so getting the rarer pieces of furniture takes for-freakin'-ever. Though if any of you guys get ahold of a Master Sword I'll pay handsomely for it.

But if anyone wants to play online together just let me know and we can set up a time. It's still fun to jump back into the game every now and then. Especially if I get to show off my house and raid others' towns for dandelions. :toothy:[/color]

Well when I purchase this WiFi USB I will let you know. (For some reason I thought the DS came with a built-in adapter.)

Well anyway, my town's called [b]Chillton[/b] and the native fruit are pears. Currently I've got a wolf called Lobo whose a bit of a jerk, a cat called Tangy, an alligator named Alli and a new resident whom is a sheep called Vesta. Though Vesta doesn't want to talk as she's 'unpacking'.

Do the challenges the residents make really make a difference? Or are they just dialogue? I ask this because Lobo wants to see who can catch a Catfish first, and I've yet to find one. The fish that made the most difference to Blathers were a Koi and a King Salmon.