kabapu Posted February 23, 2005 Posted February 23, 2005 i guess my favorite japaneese songs would be: otherworld, by nobuo umatsu. this song rocks. suteki da ne (i forget who this is by, i think her name was rikkimaru?): this song i heard when playing ffx. i just klike it. and one winged angel, by nobuo umatsu: my officcial theme song! XD
Ein08 Posted February 23, 2005 Posted February 23, 2005 My favorite would have to be "Song of Truth" by Do As Inifinity. I've only heard it as the ending theme for Inuyasha, but it still remains my favorite, although I haven't heard the full thing. ^_~ I also like Ayumi Hamasaki's "Surreal" and Utada Hikaru's "First Love". Sadly, I cannot find Japanese CDs ANYWHERE, because obviously they have to be imoprted here... Grrr... I will look harder. ::runs off to find CDs::
Ein08 Posted February 23, 2005 Posted February 23, 2005 Oh, I really like "The Real Folk Blues" at the end of Cowboy BeBop. ^_^
Ein08 Posted February 23, 2005 Posted February 23, 2005 Sorry, to add one last thing. I pretty much like all the songs that are the endings for Inuyasha!! ^_^ Hehe.
ShadowsRebel Posted February 24, 2005 Posted February 24, 2005 With Broken Wings or In the Blue. Those two songs are amazing. ;.; I keep on crying everytime I hear one.
Ozymandius Jones Posted February 24, 2005 Posted February 24, 2005 [COLOR=DarkOrange]I really like DesRow's [i]DaiKenKai[/i], Smile.dk's version of [i]Butterfly[/i], anything from Yoko Kanno, Mai Yamaine and Steven Contre's good, although I don't know if he qualifies. Also, in an attempt to steal this thread back from Spamness, I give my explantions.... I'm a DDR addict who doesn't get to play very often, so I compensate by finding MP3s. It took my 4 weeks to find DaiKenKai...and then I make the mistake of looking up the lyrics at AnimeLyrics.com...and discovered just what a [i]strange[/i] song that is...is sounds like they took poorly written American rap and had a bad translator translate it into Japanese. Either that, or their translator is really bad...or they just want to confuse the heck out of us. If that's the case, then they seceeded very well. Butterfly is just so hyper it's addicting. I got my 41 year old father, who is entirely apithetic to [i]anything[/i] anime, addicted to this song. It's not unusual to have him walking through the house singing it. :rolleyes: I like every Yoko Kanno song I've heard, simply because they're all beautiful. I really really like the song "Tell Me What The Rain Knows" from Wolf's Rain. As for Mai Yamaine, I like the song "Blue" the best. I like melancholy sad songs for some reason. I love both her and Steve Contre's versions of Rain for that very reason. I have more, but I've written more than enough, I think...don't want to bore people more....[/COLOR]
Guest sizlor Posted February 25, 2005 Posted February 25, 2005 i like all the music from cowboy bebop and FLCL but rain (from bebop) is one of my favorites
drive_monster Posted February 26, 2005 Posted February 26, 2005 I listen to a lot of J-Rock, but my two favorite songs are "Blues Drive Monster" (you can tell by my username) and "Instant Music" by The Pillows, and "READY STEADY GO" by L'Arc~En~Ceil.
Semjaza Posted February 26, 2005 Posted February 26, 2005 I like the Pillows. They have some good albums. Thank You, My Twilight is probably my favorite of theirs. Recently I've been listening to Family Music by YMCK. It's basically Famicom (NES) music with a Japanese girl singing her own lyrics over it. It's pretty interesting because, from what I can tell, the music itself is from actual games and not something the group composed (like other 8-bit groups). Fun stuff.
James Posted February 26, 2005 Posted February 26, 2005 [quote name='Ein08']Sorry, to add one last thing. I pretty much like all the songs that are the endings for Inuyasha!! ^_^ Hehe.[/quote] [color=#B0251E]Ein08, please be aware that double (and triple) posting is against the rules at OB. I recommend checking our rules page on the left navigation menu for further clarification. It seems to me that your posts are pretty reasonable quality, but I'd really like to see attention paid to our rules. Thanks. If you have any concerns, you can post in the Suggestions & Feedback forum about it.[/color]
Meggido Posted February 26, 2005 Posted February 26, 2005 My favourite Japanese songs include: Simple and clean. Inner Universe New World Emerald Green. Yes I know they are from animes and games but that's where I hear most of my japanese music.
Cazzilla Posted February 27, 2005 Posted February 27, 2005 The seatbelts and Yoko Kanno, like ThatOneOddDude said are good. My personal fav. is "just gotta knock a little harder" Such a wonderfull Song...
Dark_Alchemist9 Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 my top 10 favorite J-pop songs will have to be 1. Humming 7-4 By Ayumi Hamasaki 2. Because of You By Ayumi Hamasaki 3. Come with Me By Koda Kumi 4. Real Emotion By Koda Kumi 5. Gentlemen By Kaori Natori 6. Hikari By Utada Hikaru 7. Hey Girl By Hyori Lee 8. No. 1 By BoA 9. Come By Namie Amuro 10. M By Ayumi Hamasaki
Guest Dark Pyro Posted March 8, 2005 Posted March 8, 2005 my favorit japanise is all the gundom intro music!!!!
The Drizzle Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 [COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]Obviously the soundtrack to cowboy bebop. Its soo cool. It made me like jazz. Also, the opening theme to Naruto on the 2nd season or w/e: Haruka Kanata by the Asian Kung-Fu Generation. It's rock so hard. Im seriously addicted, i cant stop listening to it...[/FONT][/COLOR]
Kuraineko Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 I also like the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, (especially Rain) and the FLCL soundtrack. I even have some japanese songs but they are not translated so I don't know the names, but I still like them (even though they were made in the 80's, nothing wrong with that) :D
Dielover Posted March 9, 2005 Posted March 9, 2005 Obscure by Dir en grey Am I the only one who listens to japanese music? anyway, another favorite is Cage by Dir en grey p.s. my favorite Gackt song is Vanilla :D
Omar Harris Posted March 12, 2005 Posted March 12, 2005 I've only heard a few Japanese songs, few to none of them being outside of the anime theme song genre. The ones I really like are "The Real Folk Blues", the ending theme to Yu Yu Hakusho (the one that plays during the Sensui storyarc), the second ending theme to Inu-Yasha, and "Simple and Clean" by Hikari Utada
Dielover Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 I knew it! I'm alone in the world! :animecry: I'm not surprised at all when people say that the only japanese song they've heard is from a anime. Once someone came up to me and sai "Dir en grey rocks! I heard one of their songs last night on the radio!" I tell them they are full of crap and to go shoot themselves in the head.
Sinistra Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 [QUOTE] Originally Posted by [B]Dielover[/B] Obscure by Dir en grey Am I the only one who listens to japanese music? anyway, another favorite is Cage by Dir en grey p.s. my favorite Gackt song is Vanilla[/QUOTE] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Yes! [B]Gackt[/B]! [I]Vanilla[/I]...I got my little brother into that one. But I like [I]Marmalade[/I] and [I]Mizerable[/I]. [I]Acid Rain[/I] as I have mentioned before by [B]Pierrot[/B] is also pretty good in my opinion. And [I]Coming Closer[/I] from [B]L'Arc~en~Ciel[/B] rocks.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Guest krillin1001 Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 well as for me, i like : Deen Hitomi Do as infinity V6 Every little thing Zard aikawa nanase and much more...
Dielover Posted March 14, 2005 Posted March 14, 2005 Yay! I'm not alone anymore! Have you ever noticed how naughty some of Gackts songs are? I think Vanilla is his naughtiest one. :naughty: :twitch:
Sinistra Posted March 15, 2005 Posted March 15, 2005 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Gackt? Naughty? Never...^__^ ((Evil grin)) Sarcasm...Vanilla... Naughtyness is very much implied. :p [QUOTE] Originally sung by [B]Gackt[/B] in [I]Vanilla[/I] kimi no oku made tadoritsukitai - I want to struggle on until I'm inside of you...[/QUOTE] He he...one of the many examples. Need I say more? [QUOTE] Originally spoken by [B]Mina-P[/B], the one who translated this. How I love this song; be glad you're not watching his live video or else you'd be getting a nose bleed.[/QUOTE] Hmm...I guess I'm going to have to get that DVD of his concert, won't I? :D [/FONT][/COLOR]
Guest nino*chan Posted March 18, 2005 Posted March 18, 2005 Hmm..I guess my top ten would have to be... 1) Tightrope from Saiyuki 2) Hey Jimmy! from Peacemaker Kurogane 3) White Night from DNAngel 4) New World from .Hack//legend of the twilight 5) Broken Wings from .Hack//Sign 6) Every Heart from Inu Yasha 7) Sakura Drops from First Love 8) The Opening song for Gundam Seed 9) The Opening Song for Saiyuki 10) For Fruits Basket from (well) Fruits Basket
Dielover Posted March 23, 2005 Posted March 23, 2005 Oh I've seen the live performance. His guitarist kissed his crotch! I had a bit of a nose bleed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now