OtakuBoards

Favorite Japanese Song

Albel the Wicked

I don't know if this has been posted, but I just wanted to know other peoples opinions. What is your favorite song? I can't really decide between a couple. It's a tie between My Will (1st season ending to Inuyasha), Otherworld (Rock song from FFX) and Wandering Samuri ( Kenshin endind theme). Those are my favorites, but I do like others. Now I want to know what you guys like. Please, I really want to know.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavalamp
That's such a difficult question.

Tomomi Kahala's [i]Just a real love night[/i] comes to mind, as well as Ayumi Hamasaki's [i]Far away[/i] and Namie Amuro's [i]PRIVATE[/i]. Honorable mentions include MAX's [i]Ride on time[/i], EARTH's [i]Is This Love[/i], dream's [i]FREE AS THE WIND[/i], D&D's [i]BRAND NEW LOVE[/i], L'Arc~en~Ciel's [i]fate[/i] or [i]C'est La Vie[/i], LUNA SEA's [i]Dejavu[/i], and globe's [i]sweet heart[/i].

Don't really care to elaborate on everything, so I'll elaborate on the first three. [i]Just a real love night[/i] was what made me a Tomomi fan, and I think she honestly has the best vibrato on Earth with possibly the worst voice simultaneously! I don't care what anyone says; she made Tetsuya Komuro. Namie < Tomomi, as hard as that is to say.

Most Namie fans haven't even heard [i]PRIVATE[/i], because most Namie fans hate her older material. I hate them. I remember watching [i]AMURO NAMIE FIRST ANNIVERSARY[/i] and being in awe over how well she performed this song. [i]SWEET 19 BLUES[/i] was her best album, and I don't care what anyone says.

I don't really need to say much about Ayumi Hamasaki. She's just about everyone's favorite artist for all the wrong reasons. [i]Far away[/i] isn't really my favorite song from her. That would probably be [i]SURREAL[/i] which I feel is a more accurate representation of her various styles combined. However, I remember hearing [i]Far away[/i] in a TU-KA commercial years ago, and the commercial was, in my opinion, amazing. The song is very electronic, but not in the sense most people would think. I felt it really fit the commercial's cyborgesque motif and fell in love with it as a result. It's the type of music she does best, and can only be described as fresh pop.

Does Tidus and Yuna's Last Embrace count? Because if it does, that's one of my favorites. Nobuo Uematsu is a freakin' GENIUS! Also, I really like My Will, and Dearest (from Inuyasha 3rd season) as well as the theme from Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner...what was it's name again...? :confused: Oh, Well, I'll think of it.

[size=2] My fav song would be...wow..can't choose just one!

Kagraa ~ Sakura ~ sakai no hana - Just an awesome song! I Love them!! :love:
Blam Honey ~ Rink - A song that's just too good for word! Well IMHO It's different than the norm which is why i like them i guess!!

(Does OBlivion Dust count :D )

ANYTHING by Aiakawa Nanase! I mean she is the Queen!

I like the Chrono Cross ending theme(Without Stealing the Jewel) and the song in Perfect Blue Omoide ni Dakarete Ima wa! Beautiful songs! The music just captures you!

Wow..just too many! I'd be here all night! ^-*[/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]This is a hard choice but I would have to pick "Simple And Clean" by Utada Hikari. I first heard it in Kingdom Hearts and from then on I forced myself to remember it and I think I just forgot it.But I still like the song!

The FLCL ending song "Riding on a shooting star" by the pillows was very close. But sadly "simple and clean" will always be my favorite song![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]
Hmmm... Maaya Sakamoto's [b]Mameshiba[/b]. (which was used in Earth Girl Arjuna) I sooo love her voice! The song never fails to give me a sugar high. The arrangement's light so even the acoustic version of the song sounds good. (and I like the lyrics too)

A friend told me that [i]mameshiba[/i] is actually a breed of toy dogs! I listened to the song and realized that the title (sort of) fits.

[/COLOR]

I know this sounds weird, but I have an obsession with j-pop. I would have to say that my favorite jpop song is trauma, by Ayumi Hamasaki. ITs a great song, even tho I absolutely hate american pop culture music. I dont know why.. I guess its just because I really like the sound of a japanese girls voice siging like that ^.^

Yoko Kanno is my goddess. I borrowed the first Cowboy Bebop cd from my friend and I LOVE IT. Sadly it doesn't have Green Bird on it, which is probably my favorite Bebop song. It's just so pretty... I'm listening to the Wolf's Rain soundtrack right now, though I can't say much for it. The music in Miyazaki's movies is just amazing. I also love the music in Final Fantasy X-2. It's so hard to choose a favorite... Oh yeah, and Duvet from Lain. Maybe my favorite is Every Heart from InuYasha...

Guest Midnight Rush
My favorite song is definetly "Juke Box Hero", by Foreigner...but if I half to pick my fav. Japanese song:

One called "First Love", I don't remember who sings this, but I listen to it all the time when I play GT3.

"Oasis" by Do As Infinity is probably my all time fav. Japanese song... something about it is just... sublime in a way.. I dunno lol.

[color=crimson][size=1] I listen to Japanese music, but, most of it's incredibly rare and or amazingly hard to find considering that the Genre is Black Metal. I didn't even think any Black Metal Japanese bands existed for the longest time until I found the band Sigh and Sabbat. Currently my favorite Japanese song is Sigh - Infernal Cries and Sabbat - Demonic Serenade. Both bands though have.. some very well interesting themes.Sabbat more so though. [/color][/size]

Well, the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack is definatly one of the ebst. Ask DNA is my favourite song, even though it isnt Japenese, still owns. Ayumi Hamasaki is awsom aswell, Evolution is my favourite. Also, i like the Naruto Ending, Harmonia, that is just so good. . amd the Naruto opening, Fighting Dreamers. Awsomness over-freakin-load.

Thats a tough one to choose from. I have so many faveorites. But the one i find most enjoyable would either have to be 'I Can't Be Cool' from Ghost in the Shell or 'Strangers' from Wolf's Rain. Those are probly on the top 5 list. I have so many faves that its really hard to choose from.

Guest celestial_light
Ooo... I like Tadaima and Koi hime- Do as Infinity, Four Seasons- Namie Amuro and I'm also fond of the third opening of Card Captor Sakura(I dunno why...). :) Also I like moments adn Endless Sorrow by Ayumi Hamasaki and Future by little viking which is the ending for Kiddy Grade.

• 4 weeks later...
Anime List
[list]
All of the Cowboy Bebop Soundtracks (the most listen too)
[list]To Name A Few[/list]
ask DNA
adieu
call me call me
space lion
goodnight julia
Piano Bar I
and everyother song in the Cowboy Bebop Collection...

FLCL (Furi Kuri)
[list]To Name A Couple[/list]
shooting star
crazy sunshine

Naruto OST I, & II
[list]To Name A Few[/list]
Rocks (performed by Hound Dog)
Wind (performed by Akeboshi)
Kanashimi wo Yasashisa Ni (performed by Tasuku)
Viva Rock ~Japanese Side~ (performed by Orange Range)
GO!!!! (performed by Flow)

To just to name a few.
[/list]

Jpop & Jrock
[list]
Yoko Kanno (Every Song)
Gackt (a former Malice Mizer)
Malice Mizer
BOA
Orange Range
Pillows
X-Japan

I not goin to name any songs the list will be to long.
[/list]

But these are just a hand full....OF MY FAVORITE'S

[quote name='Midnight Rush']One called "First Love", I don't remember who sings this, but I listen to it all the time when I play GT3.[/quote]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]I dunno, but I think this artist may be Utada Hikaru; she made a song called First Love. It's kinda slow and emotional...

Ah, I like Ayumi Hamasaki too *sigh*, but I suppose my favorite song would be [b]Still Alone[/b] or [b]Evolution.[/b] Still Alone, reminding me of someone singing in the rain of some sort (O.o), and Evolution because its so catchy and...hyper.

From Do As Infinity....screw that, I just plain love that band.

And from Gackt, [b]U+K[/b] or [b]Vanilla.[/b] U+K because when I first heard it I immediately liked it, from the catchy part of 'nyah nyah' etc. etc. And Vanilla being also catchy and entergetic in a way.[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I have lots of favorite songs...
I just can't choose one
My list includes:
*Happy Happy Rice Shower by Naru fromLove Hina (Japanese of course)
*Heat Up,Up Girl by Kaolla Su from Love Hina (Japanese again..)
*Friendship by :love: [COLOR=Pink]Mutsumi Otohime[/COLOR] :love: from Love Hina (Guess what language?)
There is more songs on my list (most of them from Love Hina) ,but I can't think of any of them right now.

the koga drum songs on the naruto ost's are great as well as most of the music on the cowboy ost's too (american money is great). to veer towards ff music theres always 'the extreme', 'liberi fatali' and 'stueki de na' as well. most anime music is good too like the ost's for R.O.D., wolfs rain, hellsing and loads of others not forgetting FLCL, ahh the pillows are one of my fav bands of all time for sure

i like

Shooting Star-(Please Teacher Theme)

New World-(.hack//legend of the twilight theme)

I also like this band called
Moi Dix Mois(mana from malize mizer is the founder of this japanese goth band)

the songs i like are as follows

La dix Croix
Gloire dans le silence
L'intelieur Dix
Detresse
Priere
Dialogue Symphonie-x
Dix est infini

Here's mine:

Obsession- .Hack//Sign Theme
Every Heart- Boa
Sakura- Reven G
Real Folk Blues- Cowboy Bebop Ending Theme
~Also the ending theme for Wolf's Rein.

Some of them are not Japanese, but they are still good songs to listen to when you are bored out of your mind and going crazy :D

i have not listened to any japanese music but the title did say "favorite song (preferably japansese) so it means i can choose what music i want

CRADLE OF FILTH: hard choice, so many good songs, like "Queen of winter throned" from "Vempire (or dark fairytales in phallestein)" album , and probaly "Tortured soul asylum" from "Midian" album.

Dimmu Borgir: either their cover of "Bathory" 's "Satan my master" or "The mourning place".

Dark throne: a very hard choice but it has to be "The pagan winter" from the "Blaze in the northern sky" album as it was the first song i heard (round a friend's house).

to many other's, and i'm tired (from lack of sleep), these are only a few that spring to mind.

Hmmm? There a lot of songs from animes that a lot will like. I don't actually have a favorite song because i love them all! ^-^ But if i was forced to choose, i would say that i love a lot of music from Utada Hikaru and various Jpop artists, but mainly Utada Hikaru.