OtakuBoards

heaven/hell

Lady Macaiodh

[color=crimson][b][size=1]Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted by hitler as well... Dont forget them....

Say what you want... the bible is inspired...

Perhaps you dont like what it says about the certain type of life you live...

But i know it is right...

the rules Jehovah set out for the isrealites all benefited them.... you cant go wrong by following the bible.... [/color][/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson][b][size=1]Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted by hitler as well... Dont forget them....

the rules Jehovah set out for the isrealites all benefited them.... you cant go wrong by following the bible.... [/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't like the bible because I don't believe that is the word of god at all.... and it's written by humans... how can you trust anything by a human.... to be human is to flaw...

Yeah.... alot of people were killed by Hitler... all in the name of God.... whatever.... Alot of people were killed by the terrortist.... all in the name of God..... What about the crusades.... alot of Christians and Muslims died.... all in the name of God.....

I don't have to follow the bible to believe and trust in God.... I know whats right... I know what I am.... God made me this way... and it's not wrong.... and God knows that.... I'd rather stick with being who I am and not what I'm told to be...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gee-enki Dama [/i]
[B]I respectfully refuse to post my opinion...

But I will say be carefull with the Religion posts, there can create havoc, spam, and flaming

:nervous: :worried: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I know.... I am simply stating my views... I am in no way trying to say that what someone believe's in is wrong... no one should do that... it's your choice to believe in whatever you want to... and I'm not gonna take that away from you... I will debate my view on it in a civil manner though... I really don't get upset over religion... I just like to see a person and how they view it... even when presented things "bad" about it or something "wrong" with it.... Their reaction helps me understand the views of the follower better so I can better understand them and thier religion.

[B][color=crimson][b][size=1]Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted by hitler as well... Dont forget them....

the rules Jehovah set out for the isrealites all benefited them.... you cant go wrong by following the bible.... [/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Okay well, basically, the bible is not an objective "truth". You either choose to follow its teachings or you don't. But you're not necessarily better or worse of for doing one or the other.

Once again, I refer to the book titled "Telling Lies for God". It points out the many areas in which the bible contradicts itself and so essentially, it should not be taken as a factual document.

Rather, it is a book which contains religious stories that are intended to teach morals. And that's fine -- teaching people not to kill or steal etc.. is completely reasonable. Just as long as you take it for what it is.

DeathKnight, we respect the fact that you feel that the bible is right for you. But it's not right for everyone (and yes, in some instances, the bible preaches intolerance). So it's a matter of choice as to what extent you choose to follow its teachings.

Of course, I agree with the basic principles of the bible in terms of its teachings about morality and things like that. However, the bible that most people see today (the King James version) is actually highly watered down.

Why do you think they call it the King James Bible? Because it was edited by King James. Therefore, you're not getting the whole story.

The [b]original[/b] bible contained references to everything from torture to cannibalism. Of course, these practices were acceptable at the time. But given this knowledge, would you then start practicing these things simply because the bible looked at it in a positive light? Of course not.

Morality itself is something that only the individual can choose. In my opinion, you are weak minded if you [b]rely[/b] on the bible. That doesn't mean that you can't follow it or base your values on it...there's nothing weak about that. But you must still remain objective about it, just as you would about anything else.

And yes, we've had several religious debates here before. But I believe that as long as people behave maturely, it's fine to express your views and be respectful of others.

As TN said, nobody is trying to say that you can't believe in what you want. You can believe whatever you like -- as long as you respect other's opinions. [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gee-enki Dama [/i]
[B]I didnt mean you TN :)

I ment, they can damage forums, Science v Relgion tends to get people flaired up [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I know.... we had this huge religious debate a few months back.... you could probably still find it if you wanted.... the title was "What do you think of Oraganized religion".... anyway.... yes I know you weren't refering to me, but I like to state my stand on it anyway heh.... and don't worry about getting all flaired up... I won't let that happen....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]do any of you believe these places actually exist? i think i believe there's a heaven, or at least in some form there is. but i have trouble believing a loving god or power would condemn a soul to hell for all eternity for mistakes made in this short life. think about it--in the span of time, a human life takes up, in proportion, a mere nanosecond or less. yet the religious beliefs i was raised under make me afraid to doubt in the existence of hell. what if i'm wrong? that would be a fatal mistake to make. this fear, though, prevents me from exploring other spiritual beliefs. i don't want to start a debate here, i just want to know your opinions on this matter of heaven & hell. what criteria could there possibly be to get into either place, & how do we know what it is? [/B][/QUOTE]

we have talked about this stuff, so LM, you know what I am going to say. I believe in God. I also believe in Satan, heaven, and Hell. I also believe the whole jesus thing, BUT, I dont care right now. anyway, to heaven and hell, There is a heaven and there is a hell. God will condem a soul, that he loves, to hell forever because of the amount of chances the soul had. Now, God dosen't want to do that, but he does because the soul should have seen that the only way to spend enernity in paradise is to accept Jesus christ, and then repent of its sins. Now, if the soul does not see that, then it should not go to heaven based on its ignorance. people are ignorant, no matter what you may think, but people also understand something when it is thrown into their face time and time again. They are not totally ignorant.

and james, you are better if you follow the bible's teachings and take its wisdom to heart, i would know, thats why my life is a living hell right now. But i kinda like it, just because i am tired of peacefull things for the most part.

and i hope that nobody gets ne started on Evolution....**looks around**i wonder who is gonna get me started on that one

and TN, I am not "Gay bashing" But God did not make people to be homosexual, so if you remotefully try to follow the bible, then you are already breaking it. no offense btw

EDIT: Transtic, if you say that you believe in things that you know exist, you are efictiveley saying that you dont believe that God exists, and that is insane. He gives you the air you breathe, and the ground you walk on. The Bible was written by God because he told them what to write. None of what is in the bible are human words. they wouldn't have written it if God hadn't told them what to write, so in a sense, it is "inspired" , but also written by God

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Yeah I know.... we had this huge religious debate a few months back.... you could probably still find it if you wanted.... the title was "What do you think of Oraganized religion".... anyway.... yes I know you weren't refering to me, but I like to state my stand on it anyway heh.... and don't worry about getting all flaired up... I won't let that happen.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=century gothic]Boy, do I ever remember [i]that[/i]. Yeah, it died down just after the September 11 incident.

Well, you guys all know where I stand on this....issue, or debate, or whatever you care to call it. So, anyway....[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Once again, I refer to the book titled "Telling Lies for God". It points out the many areas in which the bible contradicts itself and so essentially, it should not be taken as a factual document.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=century gothic]You know, you got me all geared up to read that book, and my public library doesn't have it....[/FONT]

[B][color=crimson][size=1]However, the bible that most people see today (the King James version) is actually highly watered down.

Why do you think they call it the King James Bible? Because it was edited by King James. Therefore, you're not getting the whole story.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=century gothic]It's kinda weird that you say that. I know alot of people who won't read anything [i]but[/i] KJV, since they consider it the original, and therefore the most accurate.[/FONT]

[B][color=crimson][size=1]The [b]original[/b] bible contained references to everything from torture to cannibalism. Of course, these practices were acceptable at the time. But given this knowledge, would you then start practicing these things simply because the bible looked at it in a positive light? Of course not.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=century gothic]And I [i]still[/i] want to hear more about this original Bible stuff...You've mentioned it before, and I'm still intrigued......[/FONT]

[B][color=crimson][size=1]And yes, we've had several religious debates here before. But I believe that as long as people behave maturely, it's fine to express your views and be respectful of others.

As TN said, nobody is trying to say that you can't believe in what you want. You can believe whatever you like -- as long as you respect other's opinions. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Amen. [/FONT] ;)

I think that... When we die our body just goes away. And when a life is given that soul that exited the dead body and goes to the new one with no precedent memory of other lifes before. When I start to think like this.... its just so theoretical. Heaven cant be proven. So there is really no explanation to it. Thats just a place that people call heaven because they have had a good time there. Like if you go to the pool and you enjoyed it alot. If it makes you fell rejuvinated then you might call the pool heaven. Its just a word, with no real meaning... It can be defined into many different things.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]
and TN, I am not "Gay bashing" But God did not make people to be homosexual, so if you remotefully try to follow the bible, then you are already breaking it. no offense btw

EDIT: Transtic, if you say that you believe in things that you know exist, you are efictiveley saying that you dont believe that God exists, and that is insane. He gives you the air you breathe, and the ground you walk on. The Bible was written by God because he told them what to write. None of what is in the bible are human words. they wouldn't have written it if God hadn't told them what to write, so in a sense, it is "inspired" , but also written by God [/B][/QUOTE]

Essentially I do believe in only things I know exist.... God is one of the few exceptions... because... Alot of things I cannot explain... and Science cannot explain...

However what you are saying is quite offensive... I won't take it as something you meant to be mean because you obviously attempted to tone it down by saying that you didn't want to offend me, reagrdless you still did...

Bottom line, I cannot believe a word you said.... why? Cause you have no proof... How do you know God didn't intend for people to be gay... do you think I chose to be gay? Oh yes, I choose to be harrassed and people telling me I'm going to hell.... I choose to be a minority, to be hated.... I don't think so... I was born this way, it's the way God made me.... There is no proof of anything you said... you have no proof god wrote the bible, you have no proof God intended all people to be straight, you have no proof God created the air I breathe (Science prooved Trres create Oxygen, thus I could say Trees are the reason we are breathing) Whats your proof?... oh wait, I'll answer that for you.... The Bible. is your proof... you should really study the bible more... not the bible itself, but the history of Christianity... you'll see that the bible wasn't written for thousands of years after the first appearance of God.... In fact it was ONLY orally transmitted for Centuries... the Old Testament (or the Jewish Sacred Text) was Orally transmitted... thats like a folk lore.... and over thousands of years.... are you telling me that over those years nothing was added? Or nothing was taken out... or changed, or forgotten?... Nothing at all?.... That makes me laugh.....

You say, God inspired people to write the bible, thus essentially, he wrote the bible.... If I told you I inspired my brother to have his kid, does that mean his kid is mine? No.... If I inspired someone to write a book, does that mean the book is mine? no....

God's exact words or meanings are not said in the bible.. I believe.... God intended people to make their own choice... to foolow him or not, to live their life their own way.... thats what I think God intended... You read the bible... tell me, does it not say God loves all people... does it not say Do not judge another.... So why can't another be gay as normality and as not "going against God"....

The proof that God said anything in the bible is not present... No proof.... you cannot convience a person, like me, without any proof.... You have nothing that tells me the bible is written by god and that God has said anything....

Whats insane is that you try to tell me what I'm doing is wrong. I said I believed in God... if you read my post you'd know that.... Is it that bad to believe in God.... I'm getting critisized here for believing in your God... i think thats a little insane... Science can't proove everything, which is why I turn to God for an answer.... but you know, there's nothing that prooves God exists, there's nothing that prooves he wrote the bible... hell for all you know Christianity could be a big scam.. all proof of Christianity comes from a book.... written by humans, bound to have flaws.... whether inspired by god or not.... This post right here was inspired by God.... So you better believe it.... thats what you are saying... how do you know this post isn't inspired by god.... tell me that.... answer that question.... how do you know this whole post is not inspired by God?... when you can give me a legit reason or answer, then and only then will I believe you.... till then, don't even bother wasting my time with your jibberish.

Note: this post was not meant to offend Christians in anyway, I'm simply stating my view on God and respnding to that of anothers.... if my responce offends you in any way shape or form, I'm sorry. Not everyone is the same. Everyone is unique. Again, sorry.

Edit: to respond to the thing about King James' Version..... it's not entirely true... as James said.... The original bible does contain things about canibalism.... even Christ said it himself... "Drink this whine for it is my blood, eat this bread for it is my body"..... that is a very debatable line.... not exactly what was refering to cannibalism, i'm sure there was more.... all removed from the bible.... But I thought it was God's word? Why would they remove it?.... I suppose God changed his mind?.... I mean come on... if they can remove thigns, they can add things.. and they can change things... and they did.... and thats my whole point on why I will not ever follow the bible. God will show me the way. thats all I need to know.

Veggito4, you're a bit harsh about homosexual stuff there. I disagree with you about God did not create people to be homosexual. Homosexual exist long long time ago, even with animal.(I did not make it up)

Back to the topic, I do believed in heaven and hell, and I do believed in God. I don't believe in reincarnation, because there is no ending to life.

[color=crimson][b][size=1]TN you arent "born that way"

You chose to be gay.

God didnt make you gay, it was your decision to avert from the natural way and do something different.

Just like god didnt make Hitler a mean person who would kill millions of people, he chose to be that kind of person[/color][/b][/size]

[B][color=crimson][b][size=1]TN you arent "born that way"

You chose to be gay.

God didnt make you gay, it was your decision to avert from the natural way and do something different.

Just like god didnt make Hitler a mean person who would kill millions of people, he chose to be that kind of person[/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Please stop.....

It's comments like that that make me hate you people even more.....

How would you know? Last time I checked you weren't gay... You don't know shi? on the subject of being gay..... so don't tell me what I chose.... should i ask you if you chose to be an äss hole?

[B]

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Please stop.....

It's comments like that that make me hate you people even more.....

How would you know? Last time I checked you weren't gay... You don't know shi? on the subject of being gay..... so don't tell me what I chose.... should i ask you if you chose to be an äss hole? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=crimson][b][size=1]I get tired of gay people and any other people that blame it on god.

"Oh... i was born that way...." yea.... right....

It was your choice, why god god spend his valuable time on deciding what you as a pitiful mortal should be?

Why would he waste his time on silly mortals?

I dont care if you're gay, black, mexican, whatever.

I didnt ask you to be rude, I am not racist or desciminate against what people choose to be....

But they have to realize thats what they did... they made the decison the be that.... i respect that.... but blaming god for what you choose is lame.... [/color][/b][/size]

[B]
[color=crimson][b][size=1]I get tired of gay people and any other people that blame it on god.

But they have to realize thats what they did... they made the decison the be that.... i respect that.... but blaming god for what you choose is lame.... [/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Last time I checked Transtic wasn't [i]blaming[/i] his being gay on God, he's merely saying that he didn't choose to be that way. Would [i]you[/i] choose to be gay? Obviously not. Then, do explain, why would anyone else?

He was born that way. You aren't inside of him so you cannot tell him what he does and doesn't do. Bah.[/color]

[B]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]Say that all you want... lol....[/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]And you can continue saying that he chose to be that way as long as you like as well.

Either way, we're never going to agree with each other. I completely respect your opinion though, DK, I don't think any less of you because of what you believe. I would like to be able to defend your opinion as well, but TN's side is something that I [i]strongly[/i] believe in.

I argue mainly for argument's sake. Poo...I should never have come in here like I orginally planned. I just argue too much :p[/color]

[color=crimson][b][size=1]And i respect your opinions....

And i respect that TN is gay.... i respect all people...

I respect you.... i respect everyone on these boards...

I just dont believe god would waste time on us... choose your path for you...

My path is my own.... I wont let god choose that for me....[/color][/b][/size]

Your right... god shouldn't waste his time with pitiful mortals.... He shouldn't waste his time on people like you... your ideals have been blinded by faith... All religion has done to you is made you scum of the earth....

I never choose to be born the way I am... Did you choose to be straight? No... There is NO NORMALITY in life... If everyone was normal, then life would be boring and useless. Getthat through your think concieded head!

You are just some straight religious boy who's know nothing about anyone else nor do you care about anyone else cause your stuck up, self centered, äss whipe who will only believe some BOOK... You believe in what someone else told you.... you weak pathetic fool....

And yes, you pissed me off... you aren't very smart either....

And here I thought God taught loving things... apparently he also teaches how to be offensive and rude and hateful... don't lie to me by telling me you aren't prejudice.... thats the biggest lie I've read in this whole topic.

Since this topic has gotten out of hand... it shall be closed...

DeathKnight.... I dunno if you care or not, but you've lost alot of my respect for you.

[B]Your right... god shouldn't waste his time with pitiful mortals.... He shouldn't waste his time on people like you... your ideals have been blinded by faith... All religion has done to you is made you scum of the earth....

I never choose to be born the way I am... Did you choose to be straight? No... There is NO NORMALITY in life... If everyone was normal, then life would be boring and useless. Getthat through your think concieded head!

You are just some straight religious boy who's know nothing about anyone else nor do you care about anyone else cause your stuck up, self centered, äss whipe who will only believe some BOOK... You believe in what someone else told you.... you weak pathetic fool....

And yes, you pissed me off... you aren't very smart either....

And here I thought God taught loving things... apparently he also teaches how to be offensive and rude and hateful... don't lie to me by telling me you aren't prejudice.... thats the biggest lie I've read in this whole topic.

Since this topic has gotten out of hand... it shall be closed...

DeathKnight.... I dunno if you care or not, but you've lost alot of my respect for you. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Transtic, I agree that DeathKnight's comments were both totally incorrect as well as highly predjudiced.

But I think we should go easy on him. He's just a young kid...he doesn't realize the extent of what he's saying, or how wrong he is.

So I guess I'm not defending what he's saying, I'm just pointing out that those kind of beliefs are things that are passed down to him. As he gets older, he'll learn how to behave correctly around other people.

In any case...I think that the topic is probably better left closed. It kind of annoys me that some people can't accept other's views and all that...but I guess I overestimate some people.[/color][/size]