OtakuBoards

Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?

graysky07

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#503F86]Please try and include more detail when starting a thread next time, graysky07. You've not even mentioned which animes you'd like to see back, or any examples of animes which have been taken off the air that perhaps shouldn't have been. I'll leave this open so long as it's able to get some really detailed replies, but bear in mind that you'll only get out of a thread what you put into it yourself.[/COLOR]

Guest dearley65
[quote name='graysky07']Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?[/quote]
I love this series, and I like to draw the Characters. At the moment I am collecting all of the episodes from Inuyasha and Knights of the Zodiac. :love:

Donna L. Earley

[FONT=Times New Roman]I'd like to see Outlaw Star back on TV again. At least for a bit, but CN is just going to let the rights expire I think. Same with Tenchi Muyo. But at least that still comes on the International Channel sometimes.

I'd like to see Fushigi Yuugi on TV again too. I missed the last few episodes, which really annoyed me, because I'd been watching every episode since they started showing it on IC, they even showed the OVAs if I remember correctly. And I can't afford to get it on DVD for a good while.

I'd like to see The Slayers on TV again as well. I used to tune into that whenever it was on, just like FY. That was some good stuff, but I missed episodes of it, just like Fushigi Yuugi. So I'm hoping that if they show it again, I can catch them this time around. That'd be nice.

I want to see Gundam Wing unedited again, too. It was awesome. They had robots, with guns.

[COLOR=Silver]BSSM too. ;;>_>[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=#503F86]I was going to close this thread until I saw Kaze's reply. If you are going to post in a thread such as this [i]please[/i] make sure you have sufficient detail in your replies- everything else is as near to spam as it can get. Give reasons why you'd like to see these shows again. Any more replies which are poor in length or quality will lead to the thread being closed.[/COLOR]

I second everything Solo said, and I urge all future respondents to carefully read his post. Kaze set an excellent example; because of that, I'd like to save this thread.

A few months ago, my first answer would have been [b]Naruto[/b]. No other anime has ever been so wildly popular in America before officially reaching American shores. The industry could probably use another smash hit. I'm not even a fan of the show, but I strongly believe that--if treated properly--Naruto could win over a whole new generation of anime fans. Of course, this is now more or less a moot point. :p

My second answer would have been [b]Samurai Champloo[/b]--which, happily, is also coming to Cartoon Network. If this trend keeps up, I'll completely run out of suggestions.

[b]Hunter x Hunter[/b] would make a superb replacement for Yu Yu Hakusho, as that series is nearing its end (though I'm sure they'll keep around the re-runs for a while). Most of it is more or less Toonami-friendly... they'd have to cut out the implied pedophilia and some of the extreme violence in certain episodes, but overall I don't think HxH would suffer from a bit of editing.

Cartoon Network could use a few more (non-Gundam!) mecha series, too. [b]Kenran Butousai[/b] is a delightfully light-hearted and well-animated romp from the same studio that made Fullmetal Alchemist and Wolf's Rain. I bet it'd do rather well on either Toonami or Adult Swim. [b]Soukyuu no Fafner[/b]'s visual style would appeal to fans of Gundam SEED--and it's a vastly superior show anyway, so I see no problems there. It would fare better on Adult Swim, I think, due to the heavy themes and high number of character deaths.

~Dagger~

Oh all you kids and your new anime series! We need to get a bit more old school here if you are talking about bringing back a series to television!

I would love to see [b]Sei Jushi Bismarck[/b] otherwise known as [b]Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs[/b] brought back to the small screen! It was a 52 episode series that took place in the early 22nd century. It was a mix of old west and sci-fi. The Star Sheriffs were to enforce the laws and keep the Outriders which were a bunch of renegades in check. Outlaws, bounty hunters, giant robots and robotic horses that can fly...all and all a great anime from way back in 1984! I think a show like this would be great to have during the early hours of the morning for all of us older fans to watch. Just plug it in at the end of the Adult Swim block on Saturday and I would stay up to watch it!

Other than that I can't think of another series I would like to see back on television. If I liked it enough I would have already purchased the DVD's and would be watching them without commerical interruptions! I should find out if I can get Sei Jushi Bismarck!

[COLOR=Navy][B]Fist of The North Star[/B] played a lot over here on the action channel.

How about listing anime that [I]shouldn't[/I] be put on tv again.

[B]Gundam Wing [/B] for one. It's a nice series and all, but Cartoon Network ran that show dry. They played the whole series through four times during the evenings, and I bet twice more during the midnight run block of tv they used to show at midnight.

Another show that I think should not go on is Reign. It's not very good, and there are far better anime to watch than that. Plus it is short.

There are also the famous series, [B]Dragonball[/B], [B]Dragonball Z[/B], and [B]Dragonball GT[/B]. Sure they are all excellent series, but when they show the same reruns four times in a row, it gets annoying. I like all three. I'm just sick of reruns.

As for anime that I believe ought to be put on the air or should be shown again:

[B]Outlaw Star[/B]: This anime is a classic. All the episodes are funny, hilarious, and the plot is awesome. It doesn't drag on forever like DBZ.

[B]Naruto[/B] would be another awesome anime to see on tv. Reason being that it is an awesome series. Though, my friend's fan dub of the show will have to stop.

[B]Last Exile[/B] is an excellent series. It's pretty different in concept than other anime. The whole anime is one of a kind. The music is also a great attribute to the anime as well.

[B]Fushigi Yuugi[/B] is also another series that I wouldn't mind seeing on the tv again. I've seen all of it once, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

I'd also like to see [B]Serial Experiments Lain[/B]. Just like [B]Last Exile[/B], this anime is a one of a kind. It may be confusing, but it is very well done, with great music, and it makes you think.[/COLOR]

Guest Slade_455
[QUOTE] It was a mix of old west and sci-fi. [/QUOTE]
Anything like [B]Cowboy Bebop[/B]? My friend is into it in a big way and has all the episodes. It seems like a good choice if anything was to be put on over here.
(In australia) I currently don't have cartoon network but here goes.
Well they aired 20 episodes of [B]Tekkaman Blade (Teknoman Blade in U.S) [/B] about 6 years ago and I think that should come back but it was taken off i think because it needed to be heavily edited (arent most things Japanese?) to get past australian censors. Since then I have bought the whole 42 episodes. I think there was a second series which was completely different but I'm not too sure.

There was a series on called [B]Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo [/B] which was also in a mech theme on SBS but that is gone now too.

Gundam Seed has started on television along with new episodes of yu-gi-oh and some other horrible thing....

I would like to see the whole DBZ series from dragon ball to GT without going to old episodes. But i do agree that it dragged a bit.

[quote name='Slade_455]Anything like [B]Cowboy Bebop[/B']? [/quote]
Nope, Saber Rider was more old west-y like Trigun's setting. There was one group of bad guys and the group of good guys who would have to take care of them. You know, the typical good guy/bad guy conflict.

Another show I started to think about was [b]Mazinger[/b] or as it was know over here in the States- [b]TranZor Z[/b]! Truly a classic giant robot anime. If you are a fan of "Nadesico" it is very similar to the anime Akito was a fan of: Gekigangar! I believe that Mazinger was what they spoofed when making Gekigangar for Nadesico. The main thing I remember from watching Mazinger as a kid was the "female" giant robot. It had these missles placed on the robot at the same place breasts would be on a woman. So if the pilot fired the missles it looked like the giant robot was shooting it's boobs. Can't go wrong with an anime with giant robot boob missles!

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Impact] I would love it if Slayers:Next(?) and Slayers: Try were on the International Channel(IC) again, since I last watched IC, they were showing Tenchi Muyo, but it was in English...

Slayers is one of my favourite animes and on IC it had subtitles in English [/FONT][/SIZE] [/COLOR] :animesmil

Wow, Solo Tremaine warned you two times and Dagger IX1 warned all you too. i guest this topic is locked. rule in the future be more specific in your post. So please try and include more details about the anime,manga,video games ect; and followKaze's reply
well, i would like to see Cartoon network bring back "robot saturday" and air gundam all day, for people can see just how great gundam, because these days not much people resept mech anime, so people can see just how great mech anime is.

[quote name='Xx_Chaos_xX']Wow, Solo Tremaine warned you two times and Dagger IX1 warned all you too. i guest this topic is locked. rule in the future be more specific in your post. So please try and include more details about the anime,manga,video games ect; and followKaze's reply.[/quote]
If you see a questionable post, feel free to click the "report bad post" button (which is a gray exclamation point displayed in the area above each user's avatar). However, sniping at other members (not to mention making assumptions about how a mod will handle a particular situation) can only lead to trouble and confusion. In conclusion, please don't play mod. Thanks.

We now continue with our regularly scheduled thread...

~Dagger~

[quote name='Katamari666']Yeah with the big cannon thing righty? :catgirl:[/quote]

Yeah that would shoot them to whereever the danger was, and they would don their armor (which was pretty cool) and fight with special pizza attacks. Man, I thought I was the only one who remembered that!!! *Gives Katamari666 a high five*