OtakuBoards

Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?

graysky07

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I've seen some Princess Tutu on On Demand, and I'll have to say that I love it and that it should be put on regular tv programming. Only on Adult Swim or International channel, because Cartoon Network will ruin it.

I'd like to see some of the other Gundam Series back on or on tv as well. MS 08th Team, Gundam X, Gundam 0083. I miss those series.

I also want to see Robotech on G4TechTV. Hearing Panda rant about it and playing Robotech: Battlecry so much makes me want to see the anime.

I'd like to see Legend of Himiko and DNAngel on regular programming though. That'd be cool.[/COLOR]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that they finally decided to bring Naruto and One Piece to the U.S. I've been wanting to see them ever since I heard about them and now I finally can.

They should bring back The Soultaker on G4. I watched every episode of it and it was a great anime.

Star Fox I Like That Show Alot

-----

Nartuo That Show Is Sweet ,but I Don't Understand Why Nartuo Seems So Weak At First

[color=navy][size=1]Please don't double-post. Also, there's no need to capitalize every single word, heh... doesn't that take a lot more effort?

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed]I think it would be awesome if they brought back Blue Gender on Adult Swim. I don't know if it really ended or not, cuz even though I've seen the whole series, I missed the last episode. :animeswea

Also, I think they should bring back Kikaider, I think It would be cool to see it again, even though it is so short[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT] :animesmil

[QUOTE=Exokriz]
They should bring back The Soultaker on G4. I watched every episode of it and it was a great anime.[/QUOTE]

I agree they should bring back Soultaker. That was the coolest anime, even if it was short it still kicked ***. I'm currently searching for DVDs. if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Starwind']I agree they should bring back Soultaker. That was the coolest anime, even if it was short it still kicked ***. I'm currently searching for DVDs. if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.[/quote][font=Arial Narrow][size=1][color=darkred]Soultaker was awesome, I've loved most animes that they have shown on G4/tech tv. I've found the DVD's at Media Play, though I don't know if you have one of those, or frankly have ever even heard of them. I'll try to keep an eye out on more possible locations though.[/color][/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
I think they should Yu Yu Hakusho at a good timeslot, right after Naruto would be great instead of that pile of crap they call One Piece. I want them to put Rorouni Kenshin back on too, they only showed one or two series as far as I know. Also I wish they would put Anime invasion on every night instead of the rest of those Barbed-wire biscuit shows. In terms of Gundam, I wish they would put wing and 0083 back on.

[quote name='RedMoon']flcl should be put back on :animeangr and make more episodes while your at it too :grumble:[/quote]

Um, FLCL IS on every Saturday at midnight (no this week though, since they're showing a Halloween special). And the making new episodes idea wouldn't work since, you know, they finished the story. :rolleyes:

[quote name='EVA Unit 100']Um, FLCL IS on every Saturday at midnight (no this week though, since they're showing a Halloween special). And the making new episodes idea wouldn't work since, you know, they finished the story. :rolleyes:[/quote]

[font=Times]Come on, they kept going with DBZ even though [i]their[/i] story was supposed to have been finished. That went well, am I right or what? I think Furi Kuri could get away with at least four more spinoffs/seasons.

I want to see Last Exile on G4TV again, I was really digging that series, even though G4 seemed to continuously have moodswings about what episodes they wanted to air; I think I only got to see ten or so before they took it off. I would have liked to have seen it through to the end.

Honorable mentions:

Gundam 0083. It was kinda old, but the animation was rather fluid and I liked the art style, and that awesome opening music. It's been a good while since it was on, maybe Adultswim could replay it whenever they run out of episodes for one of their anime again.

Tenchi Muyo. Hopefully sometime after the rest of the Tenchi OVAs are out, Toonami or Adultswim will run it again and show the new episodes as well while they're at it. I know Tenchi isn't exactly a ratings beast, but it'd be nice if they did it.

Sarcastic mentions:

Pilot Candidate. That series seriously had like, the best opening music in existance, it drop kicked my grandma whenever it was on. It was unoriginal as all get out in concept yes, but the animation was nice?

Trigun. I think it's unfair that they took Trigun off so soon, they've only been reshowing this for the past three or so years nonstop; I think there's still some people in Alaska who haven't seen it. [/font]

Well I would like back Gundam Wing. I think it was the best in the series because the plot was easy to follow but captivating at the same time. I wanted Yu Yu Hakusho back but now they brought it back. I go to basketball practice at 7 in the morning on Saturdays and I saw in on at 5:30 after Gundam Seed. It was the first time it came on then and it started right where they left off [spoiler] Saturday's episode was when Sensui killed Yusuke [/spoiler]. .Hack//sign is another I want back because I liked the deep story line. I can remember Outlaw Star and it had a nice blend of action and comedy to keep the watcher tuning in.
Anyone other than me think that CN should make an anime channel that resembles boomerang? With that most of your prayers would be answered.

Guest kuroinuyoukai
[COLOR=Purple]I think they should bring back some of the old school- Robotech, Macross, Tenchi Muyo, etc.[/COLOR] :catgirl:

10/27/05- Anything without decks of cards in it! Good fighting animes! Sorry that I forgot to put my reasons earlier!

Kuro :p

[QUOTE=Crazy Ace]Well I would like back Gundam Wing. I think it was the best in the series because the plot was easy to follow but captivating at the same time. I wanted Yu Yu Hakusho back but now they brought it back. I go to basketball practice at 7 in the morning on Saturdays and I saw in on at 5:30 after Gundam Seed. It was the first time it came on then and it started right where they left off [spoiler] Saturday's episode was when Sensui killed Yusuke [/spoiler]. .Hack//sign is another I want back because I liked the deep story line. I can remember Outlaw Star and it had a nice blend of action and comedy to keep the watcher tuning in.
[b]Anyone other than me think that CN should make an anime channel that resembles boomerang? With that most of your prayers would be answered.[/b][/QUOTE]

[font=Times]That would be wonderful, but I don't see it lasting very long. If they charged like Boomerang charges to get it, I don't see how many people would actually order it; because if they wanted to pay for an anime channel they'd order Anime Network right? And if it were free, that would probably cost them more than they're willing to risk on an anime channel. I heard Boomerang is failing horribly too. Not enough people ordering it right?[/font]

Oh I didn't know there was an Anime Network. I live in the Bahamas and Boomerang comes with the basic cable package so I wouldn't know about ordering channels. Alot of people here use the dish but since they live here they don't have to pay Dish Network for the service. You can get like 500+ channels here after buying the dish. The only thing you have to pay for is the programming of the dish card.

Since where i live deosn't have like cartoonnetwork and stuff like that i want more than just yu-gi-oh on it cause it gets really boring the ones i want on are:
Card Captor Sakura cause i never got 2 see passed when Sakura had captured all the clow cards-I do know that she had to turn them into star cards or something but they don't eva show anime on normal tv anymore and it sucks :animecry:

another is Inuyasha cause i went 2 a friends house and saw it and i really loved it and since i had to leave in the middle of it i really want 2 know what happens and also my cousin said its really good which just makes me want to see it more but ican't cause its not on normal tv :( :animecry:

Sailor Moon is another i want 2 see on normal tv cause i want 2 see how reiny(i 'm not sure how 2 spell it) turns into Sailor Chibimoon and how and where they find Sailor Saturn, Pluto, Uranus and Neptune

i think those r all in short i basically want any sort of anime other than yu-gi-oh (even though its an okay anime, it gets boring after a while :sleep: ) so 2 me any anime will do as long as its not DragonBallZ or Digimon cause i've seen practiclythe whole series of both millions of times

Guest Silver Phantom
[B]Ronin Warriors[/B] definately...it was my first anime and even though it's old (made in late '80s) I still love it :heart: l . I will also say, however, that they should only air it in Japanese. When they dubbed the show and made it Ronin Warriors (was originally Yoroiden Samurai Troopers) they kid-i-fied it and lost some of the storyline :grumble: . Having seen the series in its entirety in both languages, I would definately go with the original.

• 3 weeks later...
I think there are two Animes they should put back on t.v. The first and most important would be Rurouni Kenshin, why they took it off blows my mind. The second would have to be Mobile Suit Gundam, It is my understanding through my brother that they took it off after September 11th because of it dealing with war and people dying, but that's all over now so they should put it back on they took it off in the middle of like the first season so we never got anywhere near they end. So thats what I think should be put back on.