OtakuBoards

Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?

graysky07

I want several different ones back.
There's too many for me to name, though. :animecry:
I'll give two of them I do wnat back.
1.[U]Outlaw Star[/U]-I loved this show. It was like a mix of the old west and the technologically advance future. It also had alot of action in it to.
2.[U]Case Closed[/U]-Simply because I love mystery stories. All the episodes had a mystery I couldn't solve until the end. I love things like that. :catgirl:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Naruto, Samurai Champloo, and Paranoia Agent all on TV by the end of the year I can't really say there are many animes that desperately need to be on TV, though Bleach and SGT Frog would be nice and if WETA wants their EVA movie to be a success it would be smart to get the series on network primetime or at least Adult Swim. Also Fruits' Basket deserves some TV time with it being the biggest word of mouth succcess outside of Naruto (which is going to TV anyway and thus shouldn't count now). As for returning shows, Gundam SEED Season 2 should get a chance on Toonami again with a good ad campaign and no gun edits if possible and could lead into Destiny eventually.

[quote name='Katamari666']Id like esclaflowne to come back and ... well I dont have cartoon network where i am so ... (DAMN I WANT CN but im in canada :animecry: :animecry: lol[/quote]

I loved that show!!!! I feel your pain i'm in Canada too!

[quote name='Loving_Senpai']There was a anime the used to come on UPN, it was called Samuri Pizza Cats. I think they should redo the artwork and bring it back, because it was a funny anime and they actually did some pretty cool moves when fighting evil. LOL :animesmil[/quote]

I loved Samuri Pizza Cats!! That was one of my first anime shows.

Enough with the quoting, I think they should put Gundam Wing back on because i never took the time to watch it. I hope YTV starts airing Full Metal Alchemist though.. Unfourtunatly I don't have satilite!! Fruits Basket would be nice to see on tv too...

There are a few I miss. ;.;

[B].hack//SIGN[/B]: I miss it so. It was a very deep series, which doesn't seem to last on CN very long (see Gundam SEED). Not only that, but it got so many people into the dothack fold. Some days, I get really sad because there aren't more series like dothack on CN or AS now (a la Zatch Bell and DICE).

[B]Serial Experiment Lain[/B]: I only got to see a few episodes and I really wish they'd rerun it so I could get more into it. It's kind of like dothack, I guess. I'm still fuzzy on the plot... The art style is really awesome too. ^^ I'd watch it just for the pretty.

[B]Witch Hunter Robin[/B]: Didn't they end this before the series was over? And it was getting so good. :( I wasn't too keen on it at first, but it got soo much better. And then school started and staying up until the wee hours of the morning was no longer feasible.

[B]Mon Colle Knights[/B]: I loved this series some time ago. It's a little childish, but I need cute sometimes. ^^;; And I never saw all the episodes. ;.;

[quote name='MillenniumChaos][B]Witch Hunter Robin[/B']: Didn't they end this before the series was over? And it was getting so good. :( I wasn't too keen on it at first, but it got soo much better. And then school started and staying up until the wee hours of the morning was no longer feasible.[/quote]

Cartoon Network didn't end the series. There just wasn't any ending to speak of. ;)

Guest Touya's Buddy
well for one yuyuhakusho,RurouinKenshin (yes they are taking it off there putting on DBGT) and outlaw star. I'm goingon strike untill I see yyh. I miss Kurama and Touya and Jin :animeangr

Well here in Australia I would say put any anime on Free to Air tv. But anyway some shows I would like to see are:

Kannaduki no Miko: this is a weird style story of love and good vs evil. It's also got the usual Mech battles predominant in Anime. It's only 12 episodes though.

Beck: The story of a kid who gets involved in a band after saving the dog (Beck) of one of the band members.

Only short recaps but I haven't seen the full series of these shows yet.

Guest yezzy91
They had lots of great anime shows on CN like Tenchi Muyo that you know they could bring back. Um...Sailor Moon was also one of my fav. shows too. But I mean they really have had lots of good shows and an example of one of the shows that really isn't that good is D.I.C.E. Well that's all for me. Bye!! *waves*

~Yezi~ :catgirl:

• 6 months later...
Guest battlerino
[QUOTE=Havokio][COLOR=Indigo]Gungrave should DEFFINETELY be put back on.

... I doubt that'll ever happen. Seing how "Anime Unleashed" sucks horribly.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
gungrave was asome. but i also think they shold put R.O.D the tv back on.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I think they should put back Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho back on. they were really good i think. i was just getting into them too! R.O.D. the TV was a good show also. i like the movie too :animesmil there's probably many more i can't think of that i want back on the air. hopefully they will be shown again.:toothy: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]TTYL![/COLOR] :wave:

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='animepersun']Definately Outlaw Star...i miss it so *tear* and the tenchi series! i lurved the wittle rabbit-thingy![/quote]

The little rabbit thingy's name was Ryo-Ohki, fo yo info. ;)

And I think it such come back, too. It was hilarious most of the time, and every once in a while it got serious with an enemy who needed a good slaying.

Also, I seriously miss Outlaw Star. For a while they had it on IControl, but took it away from me for no apparent reason after two episodes... :animecry:

And rewatching G Gundam and Gundam Wing wouldn't be to bad to me, considering that they were my two favorite Gundam series. I don't understand why with all these great Anime at there hand, they let them rot in whatever cage they put them in...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]I dont know where to start, there is so many animes that I would like to see back on TV or on TV to start with.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]I think it would be cool if they just did all the gundams, starting from the first and going chronilogically. I love gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, that one is my favorite up to date.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]Tenchi, and Outlaw Star for sure, these where probably the first 2 animes I saw when I knew what anime was. When they were showing on CN I didnt have it, though my dad did but he lived like 4 hours away. So i got to watch a bit but I guess I just need to go buy them.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]One that I would like to see on TV, is ArgentoSoma, I am currently watching it and I love it. The first episode is kinda slow in my eyes but after that I was hooked.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkred]But there is acouple anime's such as Arjuna(sp?), Full Metal Panic, Gasaraki, Pilot Candidate(I saw like 5 episodes out of the 11), Samurai Deeper Kyo, and Samurai X ova (I think the one where he is Battosai) that I havent seen and would love to see on the Air.[/color][/size][/font]

Anime that needs to come to TV are anime would be Argento Soma (Which I think CN is planning in the near future, but I'm not sure) Full metal Panic, and Samurai Deeper Kyo. These are some intersting anime that would probably recieve well on american air waves.

I think tha they need to start Outlaw star and Gundam 0083:Stardust memory. I know that outlaw Star series was aired almost in it's entirity on CN, but it needs to come back to Adult Swim so it can be a little more open, i.e. editing and cut scenes. Personally almost anything from the Gundam series is good and worthy of a primetime slot, Yes I'm refering to Gundam SEED that airs at 1:00 am.

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

The little rabbit thingy's name was Ryo-Ohki, fo yo info. ;)

.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Aye, thank you xD.. although it hasn't been made into a anime yet i would like to see the manga Demon Diary go on tv....I would watch it every hour of everyday (excluding food and daydreaming time, but not sleep..who needs it?)

[font=Verdana][size=2]Even though it isn't an anime, it DOES have an anime counterpart (Sonic X). The show I'm talking about is [b]Sonic The Hedgehog[/b] (not to be confused with ADVENTURES of Sonic The Hedgehog). The show was canceled due to the Power Rangers and that frankly sucked. It was a fun show, if I remember it, and it had another season or two left. AND you would've seen Super Sonic in it. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]Another one is [b]Dragonball[/b]. I've seen very little of it and I've always wanted to see little Goku's past.[/size][/font]

[quote name='kagomefruitcup][COLOR=RoyalBlue']I think Sakura, Card Captors, outlaw star, the tenchi series. Actuallly theres alot of anime shows that i would like back on. Just too many of them :animeswea [/COLOR][/quote]
I agree. I mainly want to see Outlaw Star and the Tenchi series.

Do to a lack of understanding cuase by my young age at the time, I didn't really get a feel for what the shows were about. Now that I've grown up some, or atleast know what they was talking about.