OtakuBoards

Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?

graysky07

[COLOR=GREEN]First and formost, I would definately want to see [B]Sailor Moon[/B] put back on the air, but maybe show it uncut on AS, that way they could show [B]Sailor Moon Stars[/B]... or maybe not :animeshy: I really miss that show coming on TV, but soon I'll have all the eps and movies on DVD, so I guess it really doesn't matter any more.

Also, I'd like AS to hurry up and put [B]Detective Conan (Case Closed)[/B] back on the air. I like the show, but the real reason I want them to do this is to get my roommate to stop whining, since she's obsessed with that show.[/COLOR]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[B]gundam wing[/B] should be put back on t.v. it's a good series - not too long, not to short, had an interesting and intriguing plot. also, maybe [B]sailormoon[/B] should be put back on as well... or maybe just the first season... after that the story was just drawn out too long.

and talking about animes that should be put back on, i think that [B]dragonball/z/gt[/B] should be taken [I]out[/I]. the series lasted too long! and it just keeps going and going and going... etc. when other animes (better/new) animes could take it's place.

I'd like any show with 'Gundam' in the title to make a return to television. If the rest of the title happened to be 'Wing', well, I'd hardly be dissappointed. I've also been missing Lupin III and this one particular incarnation of Batman that I can't quite remember the name of.

I was wondering everyone out there who watch anime. Do yo know what animes came on Toonami and Adult swim in the past. Also explain if you like or dislike the anime for some reason and why. Last also give a description of the anime too for people who forgot or never saw the anime before and tell if the anime came on Toonami or Adult Swim.

Here are anime just some as an example:

[B]Sailor Moon[/B] is about an ordinary 8th grade girl named Serena who one day finds a black cat that can talk named Lunar.[spoiler]Lunar gives Serena a magical brooch(big pin) that transform Serena to Sailor Moon to fight the forces of evil along with the other four Sailor scouts(Sailor Mercury, Sailor Venus, Sailor Mars, and Sailor Jupiter). [/spoiler] I like this anime beacuse it was funny, the monsters were entertaining and the bad guys, and it show friendship and love in the show. This show came on Toonami.

[B]Cardcaptors[/B] is about an ordinary 10 year girl who one day find a magical book that contains magical cards. When she open the book she release all the cards. Now the girl had to become a Cardcaptor to collect all the cards before the world is destroy by these cards. I love this anime because it was cute looking how the characters drawn, it is really funny, and I like her adventures she goes on to capture the cards. I dislike about the anime is that the characters names are not the original names in the Manga and I hate there voices in the show. This anime also came on Toonami.

[B]Tenchi[/B] is about a boy named Tenchi who has 6 girls[spoiler](Ryoko,Ayaka,Sasame,Kione,Mishoshi, and Washu) that are in love with Tenchi. Ryoko is a space pirate,Ayaka and Sasame are princess of an alien planet, Kione and Mishoshi are Galaxy police who were suppose to capture Ryoko and Washu a mad scientists who is also Ryoko's mother. Tenchi fights with alot of bad guys and learns about his secret past.[/spoiler] I like this anime because it is funny, alot of fighting, and the competition to win Tenchi's love. This anime also came on Toonami and I think Adult Swim.

[COLOR=Blue]Another show I started to think about was Mazinger or as it was know over here in the States- TranZor Z! Truly a classic giant robot anime.

Yeah, I used to watch that show too. I miss it. It should be on DVD by now, along with "Saber Rider And The Star Sheriffs". Those were cool animes.

I'd like to see Robotech back on the air. But I did hear that a new series is in the works called "Robotech: Shadow Hunters". Cool. :D

My childhood hero, the mighty VOLTRON! I'm still a big fan of Voltron. I have the new comic, and when I was a kid I had a super deluxe Voltron (lion force). Nobody had it, but everyone wanted it. But I HAD IT. Put Voltron back on t.v. Why isn't Voltron on DVD yet? :animeangr

Last and not least, the legend himself "Captain Harlock and The Queen Of 1,000 Years." I have faint memories of that show. Harlock is still one of favorite characters, and he's still cool after all these years. Check out his new series "Space Pirate Captain Herlock: Endless Odessy Outside Legend."
"Under my flag I live. And I live in freedom." Damn, I love that line.

I used to play the Robotech RPG. Good times. :animesmil

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

There's a lot for me, Tenchi series, Outlaw Star, Rurouni Kenshin (unless they still show that and I've been missing it), A lot of the shows Anime Unleashed shown were really good too but they only last a whole season or so. I want to see Gate Keepers 21, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenbashi, and Duel back on. Those were my favorites.

Well. I want Escaflowne, R.O.D the tv, Gad Gaurd, and Card Captors. I dont agree with the people who want Gundam Wing to come back cause all it would be is re-runs and I hate those so... I want Escaflowne to come back just cause I never did see any of it really just the frist three episode and that still was enough to get me hooked. R.O.D the tv cause I WANT THEM TO SHOW THE END GD! *takes [i]deep[/i] breath* Gad Gaurd for the same reason as well as Card Captors which was better than Pokemon (when I liked it), Digimon, and Yu-Gi-Oh! all put together!

[quote name='Phayt']Well. I want Escaflowne, R.O.D the tv, Gad Gaurd, and Card Captors. I dont agree with the people who want Gundam Wing to come back cause all it would be is re-runs and I hate those so... [/quote]

Okay, so Gundam W will be reruns but the other old shows aren't going to be?
Remember, just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it's not a rerun for the rest of us. XP

I'm not so into Television anymore... surprisingly... I was excited when Gundam Seed was coming to TV, but when it came on I never watched it. If they were to put an anime on Television shouldn't it be something more serious? Something that doesn't have to be peppered with violence?

Anyway, I'd like to see the Patlabor movies back on TV. That's the first time I saw Anime uncensored. (Well... with CCS and Pkmn at the same time... it seemed uncensored to the unknowing younger version of me)

-ArV

Guest shika
Well, I'll start you off with some background on my choice for anime that should be back on TV... My best friend , Ami, was lucky enough to be interested.bored enough to watch Gundam Wing one night... I don't know just how she found it but w/e that doesn't matter... She watched the entire thing and now she starts talking about it. So does my other friend Niall. SO the point is that I want to see Gundam Seed back on the air: #1: So Ami won't ruin the plot for me like she has begun to do. #2 B/c I have a thing for guys with long hair (*coff* Duo Maxwell *coff*) #3 B/c I've done my research and I think it would be a good show... So thats my choice.. I hope I didn't bore you to tears with that but w/e. OK I'm done.

love
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman

[COLOR=blue]Does anyone remember [B]Gundam 08th MS Team[/B]? I used to like that anime, until I saw the end. The characters and scenario seemed promising, but they really never built on all the things that they started with. Shirow (the main guy, whatever his name was) had a rather amusing social behavior. That's probably what made the show stand out in my head.

But yeah, the show sucks because it just doesn't do anything, haha.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Kamui']I was wondering everyone out there who watch anime. Do yo know what animes came on Toonami and Adult swim in the past. Also explain if you like or dislike the anime for some reason and why. Last also give a description of the anime too for people who forgot or never saw the anime before and tell if the anime came on Toonami or Adult Swim.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Kamui, I merged your thread with the one already existing about shows that used to be on TV, as they're so incredibly similar that only the technicality of the question's keeping them apart. And there are threads already available to talk about the animes specifically, heh.[/COLOR]

Guest acpilot196
Some I would like to see is Gundam Wing AC, Outlaw Star, Sailor Moon ( later series ), Ronin Warriors and Tenchi Muyo. All of them I loved and one by one were thrown off of CN. XP I hate it.

I know there are some people like, why show Gundam Wing? It'll be just repeating. Not our fault that they never made another series off of it. I just like that certain one out of all the Gundam Shows. What would be cool if they could get Episode Zero on air- that'd be awsome. ^^

Just the little things that i want back on are Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, whatever you know, it would just be nice to see them on tv again...

Then theres Evangelion! It never even aired on tv! (If i'm not misstaken) That really needs to be shown, there are soo many aspects to it that make it so great, i just dont understand why it wasnt on the air in the first place.

Another thing would be X. That's a great series too. :D

Guest Shippoe
[QUOTE=graysky07]Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?

The animes that I think should be put back on t.v. are Zoids,Tenchi Muyo,and Gundam Wing on CN and on G4techtv Last Exile.[/QUOTE]

I think thay should put hell sing back on the air that was a cool show from what little I saw enyway. :catgirl:

yes, escaflowne would be a good show to return to tv. last i saw it was, oh, say, 7-8 years ago on FOX Kids saturday morning cartoons. of course, that was fine by me, but 3/4 of the time, we went somewhere and i missed it *sob*. ive seen it all now, but mostly in japanese.

although R.O.D. has been shown on G4TV, they should show the whole thing, instead of goin so many, and restarting or goin onto another show. i find it really dissapointing because i get really into the show, and then they cut it off. i just sit there at one in the morning, tired, thinking 'wtf?' they did that with abenoboshi, too. im sure i speak for many people when i say 'let the seething anger commence'

some others for no reason, really: evangelion, gundam seed, love hina, azumanga daioh, saikano, fruits basket.

serial experiments lain should be on tv again because it was just an absolutely freakin awesom show

[color=darkviolet] I want my Sailor Moon back! I don't care if it's badly dubbed and I have to hit the mute button [i]every[/i] time...Okay brain fart, who did Serena's voice? I want to...oh Terri Hawk . :animeswea Yeah, every time Terri Hawke speaks and they show uber be yotchie Raye instead of Rei not using the honorfic on Usagi. Atleast Susan Roman did a somewhat believable Lita/SailorJupiter/Mako.

I miss SailorMoon, such good times me and that anime. It was my first anime exsposure that I knew was anime. Ok it was badly dubbed anime and they gave Zoicite a sex change then Zoyed Fishy (aka Fish Eye) that could have been because the male fish Eye pulled a Nephrite and went [spoiler] After a little boy in one of the SuperS episodes. He was in ChibiUsa's class.[/spoiler] so I can understand that. But it was kind of strange in that [i]other[/i] episode where he ripped off his clothes :animeblus and exsposed his chest! :animestun

And it was also kind of creepy what they did to HAruka and Michiru (aka, Amara and Michelle (ok, Michelle was cool, but why Amara? Alex would have been more believable in that one episode where Mina and Serena mistake her for a him)) 's relationship. YEah, cousins...ok, maybe the audience in the south believed it, but not me.

So please, bring back SailorMoon, I'll even put up with Molly's odd Brooklyn accent and the three different names of Tellulu's plant in the episode where [spoiler]Hotaru tries to go see chibiusa then Kaori takes her[/spoiler] CWi had her calling it Tellu, heart snatcher and Tellurun (or something, I haven't seen the episode in over a year. But my God! They even gave Andrew and Lizzie ( Matoki and Unazuki) a brother named Paul and gave Michiru (michelle) a boyfriend...I wonder if Naoko knew Kaiou san was a bisexual instead of just a plain lesbian. But yeah, I'll put up with that. If they bring it back.

Of course if I win Mega millions I'll just buy the rights and translate it myself :catgirl: [/color]

Im sort of surprised no one has said Pilot Candidate...wait...no one that i know really liked that show except me :(. Who cares if the dub was bad....i just thought it was really cool and i wish it was on the air again.

Im out..

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Sailor Moon is great in my opinion therefore I would like it G Gundam and Card Capter Sakura back on. Even though I know that they are working on Sailor Stars which is supposed to be coming soon to America or something of the sort I still believe that the old series should be put back on. Card Capter Sakura was very good as well as G Gundam so I also think highly of them being put back on air.[/COLOR] :catgirl:

[quote name='Kuraineko']There's a lot for me, Tenchi series, Outlaw Star, Rurouni Kenshin (unless they still show that and I've been missing it), A lot of the shows Anime Unleashed shown were really good too but they only last a whole season or so. I want to see Gate Keepers 21, Magical Shopping Arcade Abenbashi, and Duel back on. Those were my favorites.[/quote]
Yea they've been showing Rurouni Kenshin :animeswea But its just reruns you really aren't missing anything

Guest xsasukerebornx
[QUOTE=graysky07]Which animes should be on or put back on t.v.?

The animes that I think should be put back on t.v. are Zoids,Tenchi Muyo,and Gundam Wing on CN and on G4techtv Last Exile.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should all be back on. And Last Exile may be re-run sooner or later.

And to the person that likes Reign. It's okay but, I personally do not like it.

There are many anime that I would love to see on tv. Some of which are Samurai Deeper Kyo; Bleach (which will probably be on sooner or later).

Outlaw Star was good. But, it's not fair when Trigun and Cowboy Bebop are re-ran so much that it isn't even funny anymore, some of the other anime deserve to come back on. Like Detective Conan... err... I mean Case Closed... And Big O, I was hoping that it actually stayed off for eternity.... However, that hope died.

And techtv takes many of the short anime. Like Abenobashi (great one that it is)

Fushigi Yuugi, can't say that I've ever seen more than two different clips... One with Chichiri and one with Nuriko... Initial D may be great also. I'd also love to see Full Moon wo Sabuishite...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~