OtakuBoards

Eating Habits

Latharix_sama

Get up in the morning, drag myself outa bed, scare the crap outa Mom cuz I look like da living dead...and skip breakfast entirely
Eat whatever crap the cafeteria serves.
Then I eat whatever crap Mom serves.
I'm not picky at all, no eating habits whatsoever...well...besides my morning fast.

So, what I want to know is: What are your eating habits/problems?

hey, interesting post...
I eat nothing in the morning
Whatever the cafeteria serves
nothing for dinner
so, I only eat once a day, and unless it's that ****** chicken of their's, i'll eat whatever's in the cafeteria...i'm not an eating perosn.

I agree, awkward...

Nothing in the morning (maybe a banana)
the cafeteria serves complete junk, so I'll most likely skip lunch
take out chinese or whatever I can forage for dinner

I was diagnosed with depression not to long ago and I havn't been eating that much...wierd

I have a habit of eating too much. I love my food, and the odds are that I'm going to Hades for being a glutton. I've grown into skipping a meal or two simply because I don't have the time, and I splurge last minute when it comes to supper time.

Of course, I do my best to keep a regular schedule of 3 healthy meals per day. I'm actually kind of proud to say I'm getting there. Heh.

Guest shika
my eating habits pretty much suck too. in the morning i have no time to eat, and if i did i'd end up sick anyways b/c i just can't eat in the morning without feeling like i have to vomit. its weird, i've always been like that... i almost never eat lunch b/c i have no ttime to pack it. then i usually have a small supper b/c i just don't eat alot. i dunno, my sis thinks i'm anorexic, but she can stick it... and ya. i hate eating anyway.. its so time consuming and gross, plus i hate chewing things. thats just me.

love
-shika-

[quote name='shika']my eating habits pretty much suck too. in the morning i have no time to eat, and if i did i'd end up sick anyways b/c i just can't eat in the morning without feeling like i have to vomit. its weird, i've always been like that... [/quote]
[b]That sounds really familiar...:animesmil .[/b]

[b]I have this problem where my body just refuses to tell me when it needs food. I literally never feel hungry, so it's really easy for me to forget to eat, since there's nothing to remind me to do so.[/b]

[b]People are always asking me "Did you eat today?" and then I get yelled at, because the answer is usually "Uuuhm... nope... I guess I forgot."[/b]

[b]Sigh... I think it's related to the fact that I never sleep.[/b]

[size=1]If I could get away with it, I'd eat only once a day with a muffin or something inbetween, but unfortunately I'm hypoglycemic, or however you spell it.

If the glucose level in my body drops too low, I either get really angry and irritated, or apathetic and antisocial.

I have to eat, at the minimum, every eight hours or so while I'm awake.
I skip breakfast though. I get the whole nausea thing if I eat in the morning too.
It also desn't help that my lunch hour is at 10:12 in the morning.[/size]

I usually eat about an hour or so after I get up in the morning. Then I'll eat the school lunch if it's not too sickening. I'll usually eat at seven or eight at night or something of the like, so it really doesn't seem I have a bad eating habit at all.

[SIZE=1]Well, I wake up at around 6:40 AM and eat a bowl of cereal or something. It's usually not that filling, but my mom crams food down my throat. I guess she's right that eating breakfast is good for you.

So I eat lunch at around ... 12:30 PM, but I usually don't buy from the school. It costs $5 for a burger, fries and a soda. Quite a rip-off. So nine times out of ten will eat everything but my sandwich. It fills me up fine. And I usually mooch off my friends, who always have good food.

Then dinner is at around 6-7 PM-ish. My mom cooks great dinners, so I eat that... and depending if I like it alot, I'll pig out. But usually, I'll just eat my fill, and eat some ice-cream. And for some reason, I can't brink myself to drink milk. It seems like the scum of the earth, tainting my body as it runs down my screaming throat.

My favorite drink around my house is good ol' [b]water[/b]. Earth's favorite drink for billions of years![/SIZE]

[quote name='Latharix_sama']Get up in the morning, drag myself outa bed, scare the crap outa Mom cuz I look like da living dead...[/quote][color=indigo]Did anyone else thing this sounded like the start to a rap?

I don't eat breakfast in the morning, either. Sometimes I'll go down the cafeteria and grab a muffin or have some yogurt or something, but it's rare. I usually eat lunch at eleven or twelve, so going three hours without eating isn't a big deal in the mornings, heh.

I eat lunch at my dorm's cafeteria every day. There's usually something good being served on the line, and if not, I can always make myself a salad. (While I'll admit the salad bar has lost much of its appeal since I started restocking it at work, it's still pretty good.) Most weeknights and weekends, too, I'll eat at the cafeteria. I miss dinnertime on Mondays and Tuesdays because of class, so I'll usually have a sandwich or a bagel (or some canned ravioli) after I get back, around nine pm. Otherwise, again, I'll eat in the cafeteria.

And on Tuesdays, between 4:30 and 6:00 pm, I buy myself a slushie with tapioca balls in it from BobaBoca. :) That's my little ritual.[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I cannot eat breakfast. Ever. I wake up all conjested, and eating = oh, watch! I get to throw up! Yay!

My favorite meal is usually supper. I like the actual supper better than dessert. Steak (rare) usually is what I want to eat more then cake, pie, cookies, etc etc etc.

I also skin my pickles before I eat them. I eat the pickle and the skin, but I have to eat them seperatly. [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
[quote name='shika']my eating habits pretty much suck too. in the morning i have no time to eat, and if i did i'd end up sick anyways b/c i just can't eat in the morning without feeling like i have to vomit. its weird, i've always been like that[/quote]

I have that problem too, but the funny thing is, when I don't have to go to school it's a whole different story. I can eat and eat and eat! :tasty: I think it has something to do with the stress and anxiety of school that makes us so sick in the mornings. So I've recently learned to wake up about two hours before school, eat breakfast, then go back to bed until it's time to get ready. Of course, I often forget to do this, so I wind up fasting in the morning anyway.

[quote name='Lore][color=indigo']And on Tuesdays, between 4:30 and 6:00 pm, I buy myself a slushie with tapioca balls in it from BobaBoca. :)[/color][/quote]

That would be bubble-slushie, I guess, seeing as it isn't tea.

I wake up far too late to eat breakfast, and am always starving by the end of my first class.
I always have nice lunches (no cafeteria food for me) but it seems as though I can never get enough sustenance out of them to really tide me over 'til dinner.

I end up eating a lot of apples between the time I get home and the time I have dinner, which is always a rather large helping of whatever it is. And I drink quite a bit of milk.

So you could say I have a big appetite. : /

I usually don't eat much, and if I do its not on any kind of schedule. I never eat breakfast, just cause in the morning I'm half-asleep anyway, and don't really care if I'm hungry or not. I usually drink a powerade throughout the day, no lunch or anything, not really compelled to eat it. As for dinner, sometimes I eat it, but usually not. My mom can't cook anymore and my dad, well, he sucks at it. Plus I'm usually still not hungry anyway. So basically I have about a bowl of cereal a day, later in the night when I actually reach the point of hunger.

[QUOTE=Corey][size=1]If I could get away with it, I'd eat only once a day with a muffin or something inbetween, but unfortunately I'm hypoglycemic, or however you spell it.

If the glucose level in my body drops too low, I either get really angry and irritated, or apathetic and antisocial.

I have to eat, at the minimum, every eight hours or so while I'm awake.
I skip breakfast though. I get the whole nausea thing if I eat in the morning too.
It also desn't help that my lunch hour is at 10:12 in the morning.[/size][/QUOTE]

Like Corey I'm Hypoglycemic as well. Skipping breakfast isn't an option. I don't actually get hungry, I just start feeling terriable and become angry, irritable, or the apathetic and antisocial. I can eat a full meal and one hour later my blood sugar is back down in the need to take in food level. :animesigh

It took quite a bit of trial and error to finally find a routine that works for me. I actually have several protein shakes and protein bars throughout the day. That works really well for me. I'm not talking about body building shakes though. I had to hunt around to find something that kept me going.

Ironically most processed food just makes me sick. I can eat it, but get no energy from it.

Not that Im trying to pry or meddle but Ive noticed that a few of you seem to vomit at breakfast time. If i were you Id get to a Doctor. My brother had this problem for a long period of time. He went to the doctors and after several checkups found that he had an infection in his kidneys. It went away after he took some antibiotics but I guess what Im trying to say is look after yourselph- If theres something unusual in your eating habits then see a doctor.

Well now that Ive made my point the only thing I can say about my eating habbits is that i eat too much junk. other than that there normal.

[size=1]I'm figuring that OB must be a magnet for just about anybody with shocking eating habits o_O

I eat breakfast every morning, I eat recess, I eat lunch, I have 3 pieces of bread and some soup when I get home, and I eat dinner. And normally icecream for dessert. And I don't think I'd like to have it any other way. I don't see how people can just blatantly skip meals. If I do miss meals, I always get that sick feeling inside my stomach. How can people ignore that, lol?[/size]

[size=1]I'm in therapy for anorexia and bulimia, but I don't think I'm a serious case... at all, lol. But for the past two months I've been on week-long liquid fasts or staying below 500 calories [<- bad day], and lost 35lbs. But I'm happy. I feel better about myself and a lot of people who see me on a daily basis have said my skin quality's improved. I'm just paranoid about fried foods, and it's discusting anyway to think of drowning something in lard, but I'll treat myself to a cookie once a week.

Usually, for breakfast, I'll have either a cup of plain oatmeal or 1/4 a pita bread and 1/2 a teaspoon of spicy low-fat hummas. I skip lunch, but if I'm not feeling well that day, I'll have celery or five baby carrots. Twice a week, I'll have one of those fruit oat bars [120 cals] for lunch. Then for dinner, I'll stick to something vegetarian like tofu, soba [japanese noodles], 1/2 a bowl of Vietnamese noodles, 1/2 a spring roll, or 4 rice cakes with soy sauce on the side. Twice a month I'll have maybe fish or chicken to keep balance, but yeah. I've cut out most meat, rice, or junk food.

So yeah, I'm extremely picky, but my eating routine's pretty predictable. [/size]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]I'm figuring that OB must be a magnet for just about anybody with shocking eating habits o_O

I don't see how people can just blatantly skip meals. If I do miss meals, I always get that sick feeling inside my stomach. How can people ignore that, lol?[/size][/QUOTE]
[font=Comic Sans MS][b]Well, as I said, I don't feel hunger... nor a sick feeling-- basically, the only thing that tells me that I forgot to eat (besides reminders from other people) is the eventual migraine that comes with not eating:animesigh ...but that's after a couple of days with no food.[/b][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][b]So there's nothing to be ignored-- I just need to work on remembering more often that people need food-lol.[/b][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][b] o.O[/b][/font]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I have no idea why I never feel hunger, but starving is not an intentional thing for me. =)[/font][/b]