OtakuBoards

Registration Problems

Bluewizard

I have told my brother about these boards and he wants to register. The only problem is that there are only two computers in our house, and both have the same IP number. This, were a moderator or administrator to check the IP #'s, may lead to this moderator/administrator in beleiving that I am one person with two profiles on the boards. This is generally not allowed in other boards and I was banned on enix for just such an IP mistake. Before this problem happens again I thought I would ask before allowing my brother to register. I dont want to be banned from these forums as well. What can I do about this?

Well, you can let him register....

there are alot of people here with multiple names... we generally don't allow it, but we can't stop it all the time.... if he wants to join thats fine... make sure he follows the rules and whatnot.... no spamming... he's kinda your responcibility now to keep in control.... follow rules and you and him will have nothing to worry about :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes... he is your problem... because if he gets banned.... u get banned w/ him hahaha that is evil :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

You know, he has a point there, Bluewizard............hehe.........

[color=indigo][size=1]When we ban people, we tend to use an IP ban anyway. So if your brother were banned, you would most likely be automatically banned by default.

Also, we have no way to prove that two people are using the same IP. Therefore, when we ban someone with their IP, we are forced to stick to that IP, even if it means that someone else is banned who might be in their family or something.

Otherwise it just becomes too difficult to distinguish who is who etc...[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes... he is your problem... because if he gets banned.... u get banned w/ him hahaha that is evil :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Thats just evil!:demon:

But, yes you better make sure that he behaves so you don't get banned along with him!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pirate [/i]
[B]Don't talk about me like that!:bawl:you hurt my feelings!waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo][size=1]-_-

Please read the rules above. Make sure that your posts are coherant as well. I sincerely hope that this is not the type of post that we can come to expect from you (and I assume not, as the others I've read have been fine).[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pirate [/i]
[B]Don't talk about me like that!:bawl:you hurt my feelings!waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]
I certainly hope that [i]that[/i] is not a kind of post you make on all occasions.
As for you, Bluewizard, I can say this. YOu had better keep your brother in check. For, if he goes, you go. And the rule has already been stated, all bans are final...

-Justin