Dragonfire1477 Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 Or are you even having turkey this Thanksgiving? I just killed ours and its soaking in a bucket. Takes a long time to get it just right. Now lets hear what everyone is doing on Thanksgiving!
Shy Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonfire1477 [/i] [B]Or are you even having turkey this Thanksgiving? I just killed ours and its soaking in a bucket. Takes a long time to get it just right. Now lets hear what everyone is doing on Thanksgiving! [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Ewww, you kill your own turkey? We just go to the local market and buy ours, last year we didn't even have a turkey. We decided that we liked ham more and bought that instead. Ham is good, yumm![/SIZE]
Stormbringer Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 I'm not sure if my family is having turkey this year.... I think we might be having turkey sandwiches with lunch meat from the store.... unless my mom was joking, but I dunno. If I do have turkey, it will magically appear from my pants ^_^x But I am having turkey at Stacy's relatives' house
Dragonfire1477 Posted November 18, 2001 Author Posted November 18, 2001 Turkey....from....pants? Lol. Yeah ham is really good. Thanksgiving isn't necessarilly about turkey, but about good food! And ham is good food! Yes, I kill my own turkey. If I didn't we'd be overrun by all of 'em.
Shy Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonfire1477 [/i] [B]Yes, I kill my own turkey. If I didn't we'd be overrun by all of 'em. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]I live in the city, in fact I don't think I have ever seen a wild turkey before. I have seen them on tv but I don't think that really counts. Can somebody explain the turkey from pants remark for me... please?[/SIZE]
RicoTranzrig Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 [COLOR=darkblue]I get my turkey from the local Safeway....easy, cheap, and somewhat safe...[/COLOR]
PiroMunkie Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 [SIZE=1][COLOR=red]I get my turkey from... well.. I don;t know I don't buy the turkey, we got it from somewhere and it's sitting in our freezer upstairs, that's all I know, lol. We got it from some grocery store I'm sure. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE]
stardust Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 I go w/ my mom to the grocery store and they give us one free,then my daddy makes it,but usually our grandma comes along,and she makes us turkey too,so we get two turkeys
Guest Voodookanaka Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 u jiiiiiiiive Turkey. whyd u ppl eat turkeys? is there some kind of relevance?
Lotus Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 My mom get the turkey from super market. I hate turkey and ham.
Transtic Nerve Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 I don't really like Turkey that much.... I like Ham though... well... some types of ham... not all....
PiroMunkie Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Voodookanaka [/i] [B]u jiiiiiiiive Turkey. whyd u ppl eat turkeys? is there some kind of relevance? [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]It's what the pioneers ate when they had the first thanksgiving with the indians, lol :rolleyes: I think it's stupid if you ask me :p[/SIZE]
Ice Dragon v2 Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 Where I get my turkey?? Hmm..........Let's see. I get mine at a supermarket. That's simple enoigh.
Dragonfire1477 Posted November 18, 2001 Author Posted November 18, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][SIZE=1]It's what the pioneers ate when they had the first thanksgiving with the indians, lol :rolleyes: I think it's stupid if you ask me :p[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] Just because it's a tradition doesn't mean its stupid. You don't have to have turkey if you don't want to, its obvious that some people don't like it. And that's ok, but don't call the Thanksgiving stupid.
~Mystical Pan~ Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 well..my momma gets the turkey from the supermarket! :) But I prefer ham. :D YUMMY!
Turkey Posted November 18, 2001 Posted November 18, 2001 I just buy my turkey at my local supermarket...:tasty:
Guest Imsirion Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 huh,...never killed a turkey,killed a chicken though,just didn't like the plucking. when it comes to thanksgiving turkeys, we just go to the store.
Anti Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 my turkey......hmmm......well i think we get it from the storw but i don't know....I go to my grandparents for thanksgiving and their is ussually one their so it proublly comes from the store....but with my family you never know....
coolkam007 Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 eh.. i like turkey.. and ham.. o_O and chicken..
Stormbringer Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 I'm gonna buy my turkey on the Black Market lmao ^_^x
D. Dark Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 I don't get turkey, cos I live in the UK, but I do like... Turkey, Ham, Pork, Chicken, Lamb, Burgers, And any other kind of meat you can think of What's Thanksgiving like?
Guest Imsirion Posted November 19, 2001 Posted November 19, 2001 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i] [B]I don't get turkey, cos I live in the UK, but I do like... Turkey, Ham, Pork, Chicken, Lamb, Burgers, And any other kind of meat you can think of What's Thanksgiving like? [/B][/QUOTE] whats it like... well kinda fun! all my family goes to my grandmas and grandpas house and eat a giant dinner, and talk for a while, then desert(sp?) and relax (cause your stuffed:) ) oh, and how could i forget...4 and a half days weekend!
Lady Macaiodh Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 hmmm... i think Dragonfire1477 started this thread just so he could let everybody know he killed his own turkey...
D. Dark Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 [QUOTE]whats it like... well kinda fun! all my family goes to my grandmas and grandpas house and eat a giant dinner, and talk for a while, then desert(sp?) and relax (cause your stuffed ) oh, and how could i forget...4 and a half days weekend! [COLOR=orangered]Damn you people! Why can't we Brits get stuff like that??!!!! I wanna eat! I wanna relax! I wanna day off! Damn! Oh well..... Hey, at least Dragonfire1477 got fresh meat for Thanksgiving, right?
Stormbringer Posted November 20, 2001 Posted November 20, 2001 Hah. I get a full 5 day weekend. Then a whole month off for Christmas break. College rules, kids.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now