OtakuBoards

What deep thought or quote do you think of regularly?

[color=darkred][size=1]

I usually have all sorts of random thoughts blurring through my head. I have a few quotes that I carry around, like, lately, I've been saying [B]"They-ah's a some-then a-wrong with-a mah Clock..."[/B], a quote from this show on Spike TV called "The Lance Krall Show". I also have countless "Family Guy" quotes stored up in there somewhere... one I use quite often, in a my usual random humor is Bryan's drunken singing, [B]"Moneymoneymoney.... MOOONEEEY!"[/B] or [B]"I was going to name her Trudy, but Louis said kids these days wouldn't understand the reference, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout right? Biddididididididididy..."[/B]

I also just question my self alot out of the things I see, like I look into my girlfreind's face and think [B]"I think I could be with this girl forever..."[/B] or I'll just look up into the cloud's and think [B]"Why exactly am I here? Why was I born me?"[/B] or even [B]"Why was I born human?"[/B]

I'm a deeper person than this, but I'm just a really goofy guy, and I try to accept my life without questioning it too deeply, so that I can use my energy to find happiness and success in it. My deeper quotes come from people like Krishnamurti, Jesus (the Bible), and Bruce Lee. I try to be kind to those around me, turn the other cheek when confronted, remember to be calm and cool as long as I can, and adapt to the situations that I'm put in, love my fellow human, and always be true to who I am, and be myself. I have quite a few philosphical thoughts that I just don't really bring out.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]Wow, people weren't very happy with Raider's quote...Oh well, its always nice to have a scape goat :rolleyes:

I assume he wasn't referring to me, considering Atreyu isn't usually of cereal box quality. And concerning that, I love cereal, and have yet to read a box with philosophical quotes on the back. Mazes, yes. Cut-outs, yes. Random quotes, no. Some people just like the simple things in life, so they have simple, yet good quotes, while others like to analyze it and create a pathological analysis concerning the world and the thoughts bouncing around in their head.

Personally, my quotes are a little on the morbid side, but I feel they have much more meaning then those of a "cereal box" as some might put it. For instance...

"If your heart was broken, you'd be dead"

Some say "thats stupid" but if you actually read it, and comprehend its meaning, then you'll realize what its all about. Not only is it meaningful, but its short, proving a quote doesn't have to be 6 lines long to mean something.

Besides, this thread was based on personal thoughts anyway, so stop taking up post space as well as your own time trying to bring other people down so that your's will look somewhat better or you'll start to feel smart for an instant in your boring meaningless life. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Heh....Kakashi That is my new favorite quote. Not only is it deep and meaningful, but it's downright logical too. Lol if your heart is broken....I LOVE IT! :animesmil

[QUOTE=Juuthena][size=1]Sorry mate. Perhaps we should start a stupidity thread to suit your needs?

[/size][/QUOTE]

Certainly, [i]mate[/i] and while we're at it we'll make a thread just for you:

"Profound and Superior Souls" or perhaps, "Creative Conversation Whips"

But neither of them fit you that well. Lets try my best idea

"Insecurity Anonymous"

For the rest I won't bother quoting, I'm too popular and am limited on time.

Dear Kyoko Makashiro (Post #654069),

I love this post, your quote here adds oh so very much to your innocent thread. This sort of patronizing will garner pity, not respect in most social circles. My observations do not apply in this arena, as internet whims cannot be properly quantified.

Dear x kakashi x (Post #654082),

I believe I read quotes from the back of a Mueslix (sp?) box some years ago. I had recalled that anecdote for a friend that day and decided to apply it to the notion that quoting does not presume depth, but rather a lack of observation.

(Reffering to that other, more recent post: I agree, my actions in this thread are completely those of a power trip. An ego trip. Wow, I am enjoying the scenery!! :p )

Dear Delacroix (Post #654015),

I admit I was dropped on my head as a small child, so perhaps my brain-cells are slightly lacking. That is conjecture, anyway, in case you special folks haven't already sluethed this out already: cereal box quote was a self-coined figurative expression the definition of which I assume you understand.

"Through the adversity and hardship I fight, with only bitter tears and cold determination."

You advise a bitter approach to life's trials? I submit unto you that attitude has in large part an effect upon one's performance in the aforementioned trials. Cold dtermination, I admit, is useful, but the entire thing appears to me to be the overblown declaration of a has-been pop star's final top 40 song.

Dear Retribution (Post #654062),

You hypocrite! Close mindedness? Who is being close minded of the two of us? YOU! I made an analysis of what I found posted here and commented upon it. You, being so grand and open minded, didn't like what I read, so [b]obviously[/b] I am pigheaded and incorrect. I read a quote (LMAO) in someone's sig the other day: You know you've created God when He hates the same people you do. In the same way you fashion a comfortable system of "all ideas are equal and correct as long as they agree with me".

Pathetic.

By the way, have you read the topic title?

"What [b]deep[/b] thought or quote do you think of regularly?"

Next:

To the dude who commented about doing this for the flames. Yippee! All of you aren't idiots, you are correct. I couldn't care less about a philosophical battle over the validity of quotes, but I thrive on conflict and this is hilarious.

Dear SunFALLE or however you write it,

Leave the USA out of this, better for you that way.

This one of retri's tickled me so much I just [i]had[/i] to ***- oops I mean add it.

Spoken by Retribution (My response after each paragraph in ()'s):

You think you have the right to brand our quotes as ones worthy only for a cereal box? You're truly as deep as a puddle. I guess you can't read very well, either, as you think our fonts are 'too stylish to read.'

(I know I have the right to do so, and I have. Deep as a puddle, huh? I love your subtle appreciation of my poor sarcasm, and your complete state of ignoring it, so CLASSY and SOPHISTICATED. You must be as deep as.... as.... well.... 3ml of water evenly layed over a 1km square pan.)

No one here was trying to be wise or deep or profound. We are offering the quotes that we try to live by or think of often -- not prove we are a sage or a monk. So what if they're slightly cliche? You have zero right to call them cereal box quotes, snatched from the mouthes of unsuspecting people. How do you know if we made them ourselves?

(Right to or not I did, and you can't do terribly much about it, so sorry. Read the goddamn topic title before you offer a "misconception of subject" bash. Unless you learn a little sense of dry humor, sarcasm, and style I shan't consider you worthy of being addressed.)

Actually, looking back at everyone's quotes again, they really have plenty of truth laden in them. It just takes someone with half a brain to see it.

(Really? Let us sample a few from Mr. Reflux- "They-ah's a some-then a-wrong with-a mah Clock..." Wow, I was inspired by that one. This one isn't a quote, but rather a source:

My deeper quotes come from people like Krishnamurti, Jesus (the Bible), and Bruce Lee.

That's deep. I mean Bruce Lee and Jesus? Wow, think about that for a second, before you apply your acoustic romanticism to it, and look for the depth.)

How about you grow up, and when you're old enough to be mature and respect people's values and ideas post again. Until then, shut the ******* up.

(Follow your own advice. Respect my view and opinions, excercise maturity, show that you are better than me. That last statement nearly knocked me out of my chair with its sheer childish hypocrisy. What was your bleeped word? **** has four letters, hell has four letters... ******** i thought had two ll's... your vocabulary's sophistication just stifles me...)

Until next time, ye anti-cereal box squad.

PS- SOmeone make a siggy club- Anti- Cereal Box Squad... that would be ******* awesome!

I'm sure ozy will cook you up some hot banners if you ask her real nice.

[color=darkviolet]Ah, I don't think I can compete with that last post for length. Oh well, here's a new quote:

[b][u][size=3]If the military had meant for you to have a spouse, they would have issued you one[/size][/u][/b]

O.k., so unless there are any other military spouses on this board nobody knows the meaning of this phrase. Well, plain and simple since your spouse is away most of the time (ie the hallucination marriage) you have the toughest job in the military. Hey facts are facts.[/color]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue]My fave quote is:
Don't fight to win. Fight to not lose.
My translation from Japanese, so I'm not sure if it makes much sense in English. Sorri[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]I see you didn't quote me in that one Raid3r, other than the anti-cereal box one. Does that mean something I said has a grain of truth in it?

Maybe when you have an opposing view you should not pose it in such a hostile manner because when someone is attacked they will retaliate as you have seen here.

Of course, others here could have acted more maturely in their responses.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Everyone needs to stay on topic here. The topic is what deep thought or quote do you think of regularly...not why I think your quote or thought is stupid. Everyone who has gone off topic is being warned. If you continue to break the rules and take this thread off topic and/or insult other members your account will be banned.

This is going to be my only warning in this thread. Please stay on topic.

-Panda

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Okay, I shall do the reasonable thing and ignore Raid3r, and simply post a few quotes...no matter how much I'd like to rant and rave and tear him apart (figuratively and literally).

[B]"Live like you'll die tomorrow. Dream like you'll live forever." - Annonymous[/b]

Live for the now, and let nothing hold you back. Dream big, and make it happen. That's how I do things, and until I see reason to stop, that's how I will.

[B]"At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb[/B]

Do not count yourself above others, for in the end, you are still human. Ego is fleeting, riches vanish in time, and beauty is slowly brought to decay. There is only humanity.

[B]"I never hated any man enough to give him his diamonds back." - Zsa Zsa Gabor[/B]

Well...I just find that one amusing. Eh heh...

[B]"I kill the spider to save the butterfly." - Million Knives, [I]Trigun[/I][/B]

Life is full of sacrifices, so do what you have to.

[B]"If you can't laugh at bondage jokes, what can you laugh at?" - Me[/B]

People are too damn serious sometimes, and need to put things in perspective. Also, sex is a natural thing, so get over it.

Yeah, those are my quotes. I've got many more, since I kind of collect good quotes and lines. These are just a few of my favorites. I hope you all approve, and if you don't, well...that's your problem, innit?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Panda]The quote I think of most regularly is "Don't sweat the small stuff because it is all small stuff." When I was in grade school the major problems in my life, like not having the "in" toy, is now just silly to look back at. As I go through life I realize that the things that were major stresses in my life weren't really that major.

Math tests in elementary school. At the time, major worry. Did getting some of the problems wrong really change my life? Nope. But at the time it sure felt like the world was crashing down around me. Breaking up with my boyfriend in high school. End of the world? Nope. Life just keeps on a truckin' along.

In the cosmic scheme of things, there are very few things that really need to be that concerned about. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a quote I need to add to the ones I think about. I have to agree, there are very few things that really need to be stressed over.

[QUOTE=Panda]Everyone needs to stay on topic here. The topic is what deep thought or quote do you think of regularly...not why I think your quote or thought is stupid. Everyone who has gone off topic is being warned. If you continue to break the rules and take this thread off topic and/or insult other members your account will be banned.

This is going to be my only warning in this thread. Please stay on topic.

-Panda[/QUOTE]

Sorry Panda! I removed my last two posts. Seems like I was forgetting one of my favirote quotes. "Everyone has the right to disagree." *in a nice way of course* :animeswea

My qoute is probabily is "Lifes a garden dig it"- joe dirt. Life has its nice and sad momments. Instead of feeling sad for those momments look at the bright side of them and thats what this qoute reminds me to do.

[font=trebuchet ms]I am going to re-emphasize what Panda just said: [b]Keep it civil[/b], folks. If you'd like to give some input on the 'cereal box' line of conversation, bit your tongue (or perform the appropriate online equivalent.) PM someone if you must, but this isn't the place.[/font]

[SIZE=1][B]Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look what they do when the stick together.
-Verna Kelly[/B]
I think its a pretty neat quote.It reminds me of how cool nature really is and that we should appriciate it.

[B]Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours.
-Swedish Proverb[/B]

I just thought it was a nice saying.Swedish people are pretty smart.

[B]The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.
-Anonymous[/B]

Ha ha.You gotta love it.

And one more from little ole me!
[B]Yeah Sam, thats like spelling Maria with an 'r'
-Me.[/B]
Probably one of my more memorable blonde moments. :animesigh [/SIZE]

Edit:
[SIZE=1]I forgot my most favorite quote of all.I cannot believe myself.But anyways,here it goes.I have to tell a little story first though so it makes sense.

I was standing in the hallway waiting around for someone with my best guy friend Michael and he was digging around in his Invader Zim messenger bag,which I affectionatly call his purse.I was staring at the lockers across the hall when he stands up and says,

[B]Him:Could you hold something for me?
Me:Sure
-Slips his hand into mine-
Me: (Slightly shocked) That's it? Umm...
Him:Just for a moment.I read somewhere that if you hold someone's hands,you'll feel better faster.
Me:That's sorta nice
Him:Yeah.I feel better already.[/B]

And then he goes back to ferreting around in his locker! I was trying my hardest not to cry.Thats the sweetest thing he's ever said/done.It reminds me of this pick-up line where you say the exact same thing.But yeah.Thats not what it was.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Momiji Love, double posts are not allowed on the OtakuBoards. I have combined your posts into the first one. If you need to add something to a thread directly after you have already posted, please use the edit button and add in the thought to your existing post. If you have questions feel free to PM me! -Panda[/COLOR]

My quote would be "A clean room starts with a made bed"
I'm a messy kid and as a kid I was constantly being told to clean my room and such. Over the past couple years I came up with a thought everytime I start cleaning my room and that is what is posted above. And I follow that quote everytime I clean my room.

[color=darkviolet]I have a few more quotes, I hope that some of them don't offend people.

[b]Going to a male gynocologist is like going to a mechanic who's never owned a car.[/b]

This is true because men as much as they like to think they do, don't know everything. I don't know why the hell there are male gynocologists or male OBGYN's, but there are. I don't mean any offense by this comment or this quote, but I would never go to a male gyno, it's just too weird.

[b]Wasure fuyame ni koiwoshin aide Translation: Don't love me to forget someone[/b]

I hope the translation is correct, but basicaly what I think this quote means is that if you fall in love with a person don't do it to forget someone or to replace someone because that's disrespectful to both the person you're with and the memory of the other person.

[b]Sex is like air, it's not important if you're not getting any[/b]

I'm not sure why this quote came to mind except that it kind of goes with the whole military spous quote I made a while back. But you know when you think about it, this quote can apply to a lot of people

[b]It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you're stupid than open up your mouth and allow people to know you're stupid.[/b]

I mean nothing by this quote since I have no idea what's going on. But I was just thinking of my brother and how he's usually a big idiot. Then of other people I know like oh relatives and stuff who just open their mouths and announce to teh whole world that they're idiots.

I can't think of any more right now.[/color]

[COLOR=Blue]I only live by one quote really, and i really love it too:

"Live your life to the fullest, 'cause you have one life to live."

i love that quote because its true in my eyes. but as deep thoughts would go, i think about "what would happen if i was born earlier in life?" "why am i like this?" "why can't i be like them?" "why am i here?" some of my deep thoughts are way more on the weird and personal side like "what would happen if i died right now and right here? would anyone care? would they ever remember me?" and "why am not prettier" but the weirdest i would say is "WHY DO I NOT KNOW BAM MARGERA!? WHY AM I NOT HIS FRIEND!?!?"

(like i said, wwweeeiiirrrddd....:animeswea)

i don't really live by any quotes except for the one up top. see, i'm mostly a thinker, and i think a lot. like "why do people care what i look like?" "why are people so mean to people that are different from them?" or my deepest thought is "if that guy is poor and living on the streets, then how the hell did he get that pen to write 'why lie, i need a beer'?" it boggles my mind....:animestun (hehe silly stuff)

but if i think about it, i do have another quote at which i don't really live by:

"if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say it at all."
-a clasic! :D[/COLOR]

This might sound a bit stupid, but lately I've been thinking a lot about Tohru and Yuki's conversation about socializing and kindness from episode 2 (or was it 3) of Fruits Basket. It might not seem that deep, but you have no idea how much Yuki's situation relates to my own life, and thinking about Tohru's words from that conversation are often one of the few thinkings keeping me going when life gets tough for me. In fact, a lot of things from Furuba end up helping me in life.

Being a foreign exchange student, this year has been one HECK of a ride. *cough* At times it was just too hard, so my dad told me the below quote and it's helped me through.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B][I]"What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."[/I][/B][/COLOR]

There have been times that I seriously wanted to go home (and there was talk of that) but I've stuck through till the end (which is coming up soon by the way..) and I'm proud of myself.

Guest princesshope14
The quote that I think of most often is:
"The closer you get to the light
The larger your shadow becomes."
-Kingdom Hearts

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Wow there are a lot of great quotes in this thread! [I]"At the end of the game, the King and Pawn go back into the same box"[/I] is excellent. I'm definetely gonna remember that one. But, on to my quotes...

[CENTER][B]"Love as thou wilt." [/B] [/CENTER]
This is hands down the quote that runs through my head the most. It's actually taken from one of my favorite books, Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey. Love as you want to love, it doesn't matter what other people think. I guess, it just serves to remind me that I should never be afraid to love, whether it's friends, family, or a guy.

[CENTER][B]"Everything happens for a reason."[/B][/CENTER]
Haha, second most thought of thought. When things suck, it's important to remember that everything in life has a purpose, and that regrets are pointless. You are who you are because of the things you learn in life. Even the bad things.

[CENTER][B]"Blaming your faults on your nature does not change the nature of your faults."[/B][/CENTER]
Simply, take responsibility for your actions. Be honest with yourself and others.

And

[CENTER][B]"This I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." [/B] -John Steinbeck[/CENTER]
I second Mr. Steinbeck. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Hmmm... there's a lot of them that swim around in my head, but the one I keep coming back to lately (or, rather, have been focused on for the last 6 months or so) is this:[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]"To resist despair in this world is what it is to be free".[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I can't seem to get that one out of my head lately, thanks to circumstance.[/font][/b]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080]"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss.

I really love that little quote; it says so much. I saw it in the AIM info of a fellow N-Sider staff member and it got me thinking. So I put it up on myOtaku a little while ago and a few people have already quoted it. I definitely tend to like simple quotes that are also quote provocative and thoughtful.[/color][/font]

You can see a lot of the deep thoughts/quotes I think of in my signature.

Many of these spawn from my high school. It is very, very difficult. I have six honors classes, and frankly, every day is another full fledged melee to stay alive. At least, that's how it feels when I have 3 examinations and a debate, homework in my classes, and 3 long term projects.

That's why you'll see, "I will Survive", "If you try, you can do anything" etc, in my signature. "Soil is my Power"...I just like! Go Final Fantasy Unlimited.

One that I had to take out due to space issues was another one I like quite a bit:"We can make it, if we all stick together, we won't give up not ever, it's easier with my friends by my side."

Completely true. Ask Retribution :animesmil