OtakuBoards

The Tale of Sinners [M-VLS]

Orcus

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][b][I]Sinner- One that sins or does wrong; a transgressor?[/b][/I]

The Demon Emperor held his blade above his head, crying in triumph. The Angel King lay underneath his foot, defeated. The Demon lowered his face before the Angel and smiled mockingly, flashing his teeth. He spit onto his face and laughed, then addressed his merciless army. They had been a walking holocaust. They left no angel alive, and they now ruled. His minions had earned him victory.

?Today is our day, my fellow beings. For years we have lived in their shadows, being oppressed, confined in their barriers. But no longer! They allowed us no leisure, kept us concealed for fear of our power. But no longer! They had all right to fear us, for we are much stronger then them, and we?ve now taken our revenge! With the slaughtering of the Angel King Joriel, the entire angel race will be vanquished.?

A cry of mingled rage and cheer came from the demon masses. The demons called out his name, and he drank it in, feeding his pride. Luzien! Luzien! Luzien! He raised his arms and silence fell over them. He opened his mouth and roared in pride, then addressed the slaughterers again.

?But we cannot forget the ones we owe our victory to. Let us not forget the Apostles!? A loud cry of gratitude erupted from the crowd, ? For without their powers, we would still be caged like animals, watching as they enjoyed the finer life. Bring the Apostles forth, for our victory we owe to them---? ?Never!?

Luzien tilted his head to the side and found the Apostles standing there. The delight in his eyes was soon replaced with shock and horror. The leader of the Apostles, Kaion, was holding a dead demon in his arms. The demon was Luzien?s son. The demon took a step forward off of the King of Angels to grab his son, when Kaion threw the corpse to the side. Kaion snarled and yelled at the demon king.

?Do not attribute your victory to us! We did not help you free will! We were forced to use our powers to help your ?cause?! This was murder!? Luzien smirked, then laughed.

?You are one to call me a murderer, Apostle. Were you not the one who killed my--? Kaion drove his blade into Luzien?s stomach, twisting it in. Luzien gasped in pain.

?I killed for a cause. And I am no Apostle?I?m a Sin--? A powerful force knocked both Kaion and Luzien back. Kaion looked over and saw that the Angel King was standing, and there were other angels around him. He smiled weakly.

?You?re what? A Sinner? You?re a race of sinners. And sinners must be banished!? The angels performed seals, and they were engulfed in a white light.

[B][I]5 Years Later?.[/I][/B]
Luzien sat on his throne, sipping wine. A messenger ran through the doors, frantically.

?My liege! My liege! The Sinners, they are--? ?Yes, I know.? The messenger stopped cold. Luzien raised his face and smiled, his satanic eyes dancing with flames.

?They are finally here. We have waited five long years for their arrival. Let us greet our comrades?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]The Great Demon-Angel War. A war between the forces of light and dark. Demons, a race of monsters that slaughtered mindlessly, were long ago sealed by the Angels. The Angels kept them at bay for many years after a fierce battle where the Demon Emperor?s wife was killed. Pushed off onto an island, the Angels set a holy barrier that would seal the Demons due to the darkness in their souls. It worked for years, until they came about.

The Apostles. They were Demons that brimmed with holy energy. They were trained all of their life to disperse the barrier. They finally grew powerful enough and broke the barrier, allowing the Demons to extract their hatred. At the last moment the Angel King initiated a powerful spell, hoping to jettison the Demons to the far reaches of space. He did not succeed however. He sent them to the world of Sparta, a world of Mages and Knight, Technology and Dragons. The Demons lost their former forms and lost some abilities, but gained new ones as well. The Angels, too, were sent, with new abilities and forms. Bu the Sinners were no where to be found. However, that?s changed?

Welcome to The Tale Of Sinners. A tale of vigilante Demons taking it upon themselves too destroy their murderous race. But who will help them? The Angels hate all Demons, the Demons hate them, and humans are hesitant to trust. Except for a few others, these Sinner are alone. Will they be able to return to their world? Will they be able to bring the Demon Emperor down? Or will they find a new enemy, twice as powerful.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]+Sinners+[/B]

[B]Kaion[/B]
Reserved for Me
The leader of the group, he feels the most responsible for giving the Demon?s the chance to fight the Angels. He?s loyal and powerful, and will never give up. His weapons are the Sinner?s Blades. His new ability in Sparta is Elemetalism.

[B]Mayvelle[/B]
The most analytical of the sinners, she is great with technology. She?s deeply in love with Kaion, and he feels the same way towards her, but they are both afraid to express their inner emotions. She uses the Mech Rod, which doubles as a medium for her magic abilities and a pole for battle. She has Mage abilities in Sparta.

[B]Chrial[/B]
Reserved for Ouroboros
Kaion?s best friend, they are almost the same in nature. Chrial is the worrier of the group, but that comes from his highly cautious nature. However, he?s a brilliant strategist and has an extraordinarily militaristic mind. Chrial wields a long sword called Shirinkao. Rune symbols aid him in the world of Sparta.

[B]Azuroth[/B]
The might of the group, his strength rivals that of the Demon Emperor?s. Though he is often quite and keeps to himself, when he does speak his comments are quite insightful. His weapon of choice is the Kratos, a massive axe. He has the ability to channel powerful spirits into his weapons.

[B]Zelle-[/B]
Zelle is the most outspoken of the Sinners, and always makes herself heard. An optimist in every bone of her body, she?s never willing to give in and admit defeat, which can prove to be both a strength and a weakness. A pair of daggers named the Chasms are her weapons. She has gained the ability to summon creatures to aid them in battle.

[B]-Humans-[/B]

[B]Custom Characters 1 and 2 [/B]
Two humans who house the Sinners and aid them in their quest. Merely teenagers, they are proficient in their classes (I.e. Mage, Knight, Summoner, etc.) and are quite powerful.

[b]~Angels~[/b]

[b]Custom Character[/b]
One of the Angels that survived, he sees that the Sinners aren't the enemy, and decides to aid them.

[b]\Demons/

[b] Custom Character[/b]
One Demon sees that what his race is doing is wrong, and waits for years for the Sinners to appear so he can help them defeat the demons. Now that they are here, he has made himself an ally.
[B]Sign Ups:[/B]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B] 17+ The Sinners, Angels, Demons really do not have an age, but merely look to be a certain age.
[B]Appearance:[/B]
[b]True Appearance:[/b] For Sinners, Angels, Demons and those with Demon blood. What you look like when you unleash your inner power.
[b]Weapons:[/b] What your weapon is, and what appears like if you can find a picture.
[b]Race:[/b] Sinner, Human, Demon, Angel. For humans, it's possible to be part demon, as the demons have lived here for years.
[B]Class: [/B] Your class in Sparta (i.e. Mage, Knight, all that jazz)
[b]Abilities:[/b]Get creative. These are the abilities your characters possess. The Angel can become a true Angel, Demon, true Demon and the Sinners true Sinner. Those with demon blood can do so as well.
[b]Motivation:[/b] Why do you travel with the sinners? Or,as a sinner, why do you want to bring down the demon race if you are a demon yourself?
[B]Personality:[/B] For custom characters, though Sinner?s may have one if they want to. I tried not to make the characters to much of one thing so that you could easily mend them to your liking.
[B]Bio:[/B] Optional. If included, Sinner?s must only explain their childhood, and custom characters their life up through the Demon?s arrival, and how it?s affected you.
[b]Character Exerpt:[/b] An example of how your characters feel. This is also so I can examine your writing abilities.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I'll post my sign up after a couple of people do. I will also be putting up an Underground thread for this in a matter of days. But until then, remember, we're all sinners...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]Name:[/B] Zelle
[B]Age:[/B] 18
[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://www.angelroms.com/anime/Anime%20Girls/General/General-00159.jpg]Zelle[/URL] What you can't see, her outfit is completed with a pair of tight jeans that have holes in the knees. She also wears [URL=http://www.marchenoir.com/daggers3.jpg]these[/URL] earings in this form and in her true form. The middle piece is a necklece that was given to her by a special someone(hint, hint). The necklece also is kept in her true form
[B]True Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://www.otaku-forum.net/galleries/yukirin/09-.jpg]The true Zelle[/URL] Were it's gold make it silver and were it's white make it midnight blue. Add a vertical scar straight across her face going left to right downwards from her temple to a little above her chin. It also goes across her nose. Her nails are longer and her wings are black. Her eyes are a pale blue and she wears the same earings and necklece that she does in her regular form.
[B]Weapons:[/B] A pair of Daggers called the [URL=http://www.medievaltimes.com/giftshop/600/26%20conan%20dagger.jpg]Chasms[/URL]
[B][B]Race:[/B] Sinner
Class:[/B] Summoner
[B]Abilities:[/B]
[U]True Sinner[/U]- Short horns extend from her brow and have two small silver rings hanging from the tips. Her nails become harder and a pair of demonic angel wings sprout from her back. Her sight and hearing becomes shaper and her aim is ten times better than her regular form.
[U]Summoning[/U]- Zelle can summon beasts from hell( hellcat) and heaven(fairies) and also from Spirta. The creatures she summons are only spirits that possess her daggers or herself. The creatures can appear in a ghost form and attack their enemies mentally. She can summon the beast phicycally, but this saps much of her energy and some on the beasts can't survive inn the world that she summons them in. Other summoning skill that she has is summoning the spirts of the elements to aid them in battle. She can onlt do this in her true for, but she can summon the essence of the elemental spirits.
[B]Motivation:[/B] Zelle was once in love with an angel who returned her love by presenting her gifts(her earings) and his body. The love they shared morphed her wings and gave them more of a angel like look, but they still remained black from her demon blood. In the battle Zelle was tramtized as her lover was killed by the demon general himself. She seeks revenge for her lover and will do anything to avenge him even if she has to kill herself.
[B]Personality:[/B] Zelle is the most outspoken of the Sinners, and always makes herself heard. An optimist in every bone of her body, she?s never willing to give in and admit defeat, which can prove to be both a strength and a weakness. A pair of daggers named the Chasms are her weapons. She has gained the ability to summon creatures to aid them in battle.
[B]Character Exerpt:[/B] The sweet smell of angel blood was soon sufacated by the stench of demons. Zelle stood beside the body of an angel who's wings were a depressing grey as the holy light faded. THe blood drained to the ground, seeping into the rotten Earth of Hell. Blood covered her white pants and the bottom of her floor lenght silted skirt. Tears rolled painfully from her eyes as she dropped down beside the limp body and she muttered, "Hamous..."
"A lost lover, oh how sad, boo-ho." THe Demon general laughed wickedly and Zelle turned to face him.
"How could you! You promised you wouldn't harm him if I cooparated."
"My girl, didn't anyone ever tell you, 'Don't make a deal with a demon'?"
"Bah! You, you bastard! I despice you!"
Metal, warmed from the blood of angels cut across her face. THe blood and tears mixed causing the salt in the tears to burn the wide cut. The demon leaned next to her face and spat in it speaking, "Your right I am a bastard. That's why I enjoy opening closed wounds."
Zelle looked at him with a lust for blood, his blood, in her eyes.
"Yes I know about that old scar, hidden by the magic of your little friend. Unfortanly it will never heal fully now, no matter how powerful the magic is. Now you will always remember this day!", He laughed evily and whispered in her ear, "And don't look at me like that either girl."
With that final statement said, he brought his foot up and threw it into her face, knocking her onto the ground next to her lover. He left leaving her for dead and laughed as he walked away. As he walked towards the other demons a pure white flower sprouted from the ground that was drenched in angel's blood and brushed against her cheek as if giving one final kiss goodbye as he moved on to the next world. In one last effort, Zelle grabbed the flower tightly so that the petals fell into her hand. She tucked them saftly in her bosom and fell into a world of unconionesses, waiting for an awakening.

[B]OOC:[/B] Tell me if I need to change anything.

Name:Azuroth
Appearance: see below.scars up and down his arms,tatoo of a demonic symbol on his left shoulder, wears his axe across his back and has gauntlents
True Appearance: Grows another foot taller, eyes change completely green,black wings, and still has the tatoo and guantlets.
Weapons: Kratos, a giant axe
Race: Sinner
Class: barbarian/knight
Abilities:
True Sinner: Huge black wings sprout from his back, grows taller, horns come out of his forehead. He becomes stronger, faster than his regular form as do his senses.
Channel: Takes either his spirit energy or energy from the surronding area and send it into his axe or into his gauntlets, tripiling his power. He can also send them into his own body.
Motivation: Azuroth was saved by the Kaion and has devoted his life to serving and protecting him.
Personality: The might of the group, his strength rivals that of the Demon Emperor?s. Though he is often quite and keeps to himself, when he does speak his comments are quite insightful.
Charecter Exerpt: Azuroth falls to his knees bloody and beaten. "Damn" He looks up as the other demons raises their weapons. "I did my best"
"No you didn't, you can do better" a blur appears and waeves in and out of the group of demons. They all suddenly fly apart before Azuroth blacks out.

"Where am I?" Azuroth feels his chest and finds it healed.
"Same place where you passed out. All I did was heal you" Kaion holds out his hand and pulls him up.
Azuroth bows before him. "I shall devote my life to serving you as your personal soldier.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Name:[/B] Mayvelle

[B]Age:[/B] Looks around 17 or 18

[B]Appearance:[/B] [B][URL=http://animevisions.net/Pictures/girls/MetalWings.jpg]Click Here[/URL] [/B] No wings

[B]True Appearance:[/B] [B][URL=http://animevisions.net/Pictures/demons/demon10.jpg]Click Here[/URL] [/B] Longer and bigger wings

[B]Weapons:[/B] Mech Rod

[B]Race: [/B] Sinner

[B]Class:[/B] Mage

[B]Abilities:[/B] Magical Powers

[B]Motivation:[/B] She's different from other demons. Instead of slaughtering people, she treats them kindly and respect as if they were her people. She knows they are humans but she wouldn't like to kill.

[B]Personality:[/B] She is great with technology and mostly quiet. She's always too much into her work that she doesn't know what's going around her.

[B]Bio: [/B] Her parents died when she was young. She barely got to spend time with them and she grew up with her aunt. During her time at her aunt's house, she was not enjoying her time. It was horrible, she ran away from their house when she was 11. She works now and she became fascinated by technology.

[B]Character Exerpt: [/B] *Later*[/COLOR]

[B]OOC: Sorry about the later. Finish soon.[/B][/FONT]

Name: Nick
Appearance: [URL=http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/DarkCloud.jpg][COLOR=RoyalBlue]this pic[/COLOR][/URL] minus the wing and the claws. brown hair instead of blonde. the handle on the sword is bigger, the sword is slightly smaller, and there are no bandages on it. there are two blue crystals ebeded on the back of each glove
Class: Warrior/Night
Abilities: the crystals on his gloves are magical. Nick has the ability to sense enemies, and when one is near, the crystals glow. also, they glow when he is in battle, they use their power to channel Nick's energy through to his sword, making it more powerful.
Personality: Nick is a nice guy. he is also intellegent. hehe is very helpful towards the sinners
Bio: Nick is one of the humans aiding the sinners

[B]Name:[/B] [I]Feuer[/I] (Pronounced [I]Fire[/I])

[B]Age:[/B] [I]19[/I]

[B]Appearance:[/B] [I]Feuer stands just above 5’9”, weighs about 182 lbs and has a broad muscular build. His light brown hair is constantly spiked upwards and he has seemingly cold, calculating hazel eyes. He has handsome good looks despite a long scar from his right ear down to his shoulder. Feuer generally wears a black tunic which is almost always covered over by a large black cloak.[/I]

[B]Weapons:[/B] [I]Feuer’s weapons are numerous and regularly replaced. His main weapon however, is one of his most treasured possessions. Whilst training under a wise old sage, Feuer had learned to fight with a sword, and as a parting gift when his training was complete, Feuer was given a sword, expertly crafted by the old man so suit Feuer’s style of fighting and his build and size. Now armed with his sword, the aptly named “The Flames of Hell”, Feuer wields a deadly weapon against the supernatural forces. Feuer handles his sword with years of experience and dexterity.[/I]

[B]Race:[/B] [I]Human[/I]

[B]Class:[/B] [I]Mage[/I]

[B]Abilities:[/B] [I]Feuer is very proficient with his magical skills and despite his age, he has little left to learn. He can use his magic for many purposes but his main ability is to use his magical energy to increase the performance of his body so that he can fight on the same level as a Demon/Angel. Feuer is also capable of channelling his energies into his sword, “The Flames of Hell” so that the blade glows with scorching flames.[/I]

[B]Motivation:[/B] [I]See Bio for details.[/I]

[B]Personality:[/B] [I]Feuer is generally mysterious in all senses of the word. There are very few people who know anything about him, least of all how he acts with others. Feuer remembers little or nothing of his early life only that he is on this earth for a purpose. He has firm set morals and beliefs on almost everything but keeps to himself generally. Among those he is familiar he tends to display a sarcastic humour but generally his words seem to have far more wisdom behind them than his age suggests he might have.[/I]

[B]Bio:[/B] [I]For the part of his life that Feuer can actually remember he has wondered. Feuer has travelled all over in hopes of finding clues of his origin or heritage but he has been constantly frustrated by failure. The whole of his early life is totally forgotten to Feuer except for the lessons taught to him by...someone. He isn’t even sure if Feuer is his actual name. He happened to come across the Sinners by chance and decided that his purpose lay with them. Although how he knew this was a mystery, but both his heart and his mind told him that he should stick with them. Since his meeting with the Sinners, Feuer has lighten in his approach to others and has allowed them to get close and he might actually begin to trust them.[/I]

[B]Character Exerpt:[/B] [I]Feuer has a very unique outlook on life. While he travels knowing virtually nothing about his identity other than that he is himself, he is always envious of those with families and relationships. However, this envy doesn’t run his life. Feuer is quite content with his life as he knows more about himself than can be said for most others. He is deeply concerned with the pursuit of justice and clearing the world of pain and loss. This pursuit thus far has only been in vain, as some how Feuer always seems to cause trouble wherever he goes. This has resulted in a sort of warped and contradictory outlook on life and those around him. Feuer desperately hates his fellow humans with a passion for their ignorance of their gifts and great lives yet he longs to save them all from pain.[/I]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][B]Name:[/B] Kaion
[B]Age:[/B] Appears to be 18
[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL=http://www.manga-news.com/IMG/jpg/get_backers_06.jpg]The dark-haired individual with shades.[/URL]
[b]True Appearance:[/b] He looks the same, but great dragonic wings sprout from his back, and horns come from his temples. His nails grow longer, his fangs sharper, and his eyes more demonic. Symbols also line his body.
[b]Weapons:[/b] [URL=http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/T-Z/X/sm/swords72.jpg]The Sinners Blades.[/URL]
[b]Race:[/b] Sinner
[B]Class: [/B] Elementalist
[b]Abilities:[/b]
Elementalism- Manipulation and creation of the elements
True Sinner- He grows horns, his wings sprout from his back, and symbols line his body. He is also more powerful in this form. All sinners can do this.
Sinners Vow: His inner ability. He can divert all of his energy into one point and use it. The Sinners can join together and do this to create a powerful blast of energy.
[b]Motivation:[/b] [Will Edit Later]
[B]Personality:[/B] The leader of the group, he feels the most responsible for giving the Demon?s the chance to fight the Angels. He?s loyal and powerful, and will never give up. His weapons are the Sinner?s Blades. His new ability in Sparta is Elemetalism.
[B]Bio:[/B] Brain dead right now, so I'll edit later.
[b]Character Exerpt:[/b] [Will Edit Later][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I've added more to the sign-ups, as I felt it would be easier for others to get a good feel for your character, and so that they characters could have more depth. I've also added the option to play as an Angel.

Also, If more than one person signs up for the same position, the I'll give it the better writer. Everybody's sign ups are great so far, you just need to add in the extra information. ^__^; Sorry to make you write more.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][B]Name[/B]: Sion

[B]Age[/B]: Appears to be around 24

[B]Appearance[/B]: see attachment

True appearance: much the same as before, only with large, slightly off-white feathered wings sprouting from his back.

[B]Weapons[/B]: His two swords, Cain and Abel, both of which look like the one in the second attachment. They have evil spirits trapped inside them, which amplifies their power greatly, but the spirits will attempt to possess the wielder at any opportunity.

[B]Race[/B]: Angel

[B]Class[/B]: Elementalist

[B]Abilities[/B]: Fireball-pretty much self-explanitory. He shoots a small, low-power fireball from his hands, which burns on contact. He can add more power to it if he wishes, allowing it to cause objects to explode when hit.

Inferno-This drains almost all of his power, causing him to be very weak for a long time while he recharges, but it is an incredibly powerful attack, which destroys anything in a small blast area.

[B]Motivation[/B]: Sion takes pity on the Sinners, and the fact that they are being hunted down by both races. He has joined them to take down the demon army, but he is willing to kill any angels that stand in his way as well.

[B]Personality[/B]: Sion is not a happy person. He did not wish to betray his people, but he knew it was what must be done. While he jokes around with the rest of the Sinners, deep down he resents what they have made him become. He disagrees a lot with Kaion, but he knows that he has chosen this path, so there is no use trying to turn from it. He is witty and intelligent, and will often bombard his enemies with a stream of witty banter while he is fighting, although a lot of the banter makes very little sense to anyone but him.

[B]Bio[/B]: Born to two high-ranking angels, Sion was a proud child, who grew up in a home raised by two war heroes. So when the Angel-Demon war began, Sion could not wait to join the ranks of the angelic army. He joined, and fought alongside his parents against the demons, who eventually killed his family and everyone he knew. Sion went into a rage, and killed hundreds of demons himself, before he was stopped by a larger demon attack force.

He was taken prisoner by the Demons, and tortured daily, until he managed to escape by killing his captors. He escaped into the world, but was shunned by the angels, forgotten by his own race he had been gone so long. He saw no other alternative than to join the Sinners, fighting against the Demon army the only way he knew how.

[B]Character Exerpt[/B]: [Will Edit Later]

(I hope this is okay for you, Crusader, PM me if anything's wrong)[/SIZE]

Name: Kalon
Appearence:[URL=http://www.animevisions.net/Pictures/guys/Anime_Angles_M37.jpg]Click here[/URL] For regular appearence, remove the wings, and he wheres a blue muscle shirt, with black leather pants, black combat boots, and a black leather jacket unbuttoned all the way.
True Appearence: Exactly the same as the pic but with bat wings.
Weapons: The same sword in the pic, it's name is Chaos and was created using the fires of hell which will engulf the sword when the user becomes angry.
Race: Demon
Class: Knight
Abilities: True Form- Clothes dissolve off of body and wings sprout through skin. Bandages form around body. Leather pants stay on body.
Hellfire- Flame engulfs sword and everything around it within 5 meters.
Flamethrower- A continous stream of fire shoots from the sword.
Motivation: Doesn't agree with how bruttally and mercilessly the Devil has treated the angels, and how he has abused the sinners. Finds that if this is to stop, then the sinners will need as much help as they can get. He also feels pity for the sinners that were decieved and mistreated, especially Zelle, whom he has a love interest in.
Personality: He is somewhat of a loner, and keeps everything to himself. He doesn't talk much, if not at all, and will not accept help from others for he believes that he should be able to help himself.
Character Exerpt: I will get this done ASAP.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1]The sign-ups are great, everyone! I just need for killsberry and Me And You to edit theirs, and for Oroborous to post his, then I'll get this started. Sign-ups are still open, for anyone interested. ^__^

[b]EDIT:[/b] The RPG is up in the Adventure Square. Killsberry, because you didn't edit your sign-up, I can't except you. Everyone else is in. Here's a link to RPG. Enjoy.

[URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=657145#post657145][CENTER]The Tale of Sinners[/CENTER][/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]