OtakuBoards

NIN - With Teeth

-tiGz-

[COLOR=DarkRed]Man, i haven't heard it yet! >.<
But i will soon. Anyway, NIN is really good, sooo, i guess there's nothing left for me to say... I have heard the Hand That Feeds, and i liked it very much. By Monday at the latest i should have With Teeth.[/COLOR]

It's a solid album, but I'm still a bit disappointed with it. [i]With Teeth[/i] wasn't the really strong release that I was hoping for. I honestly haven't listened to it more than a couple of times since I got it, and I'm a pretty big Nine Inch Nails fan.

Oh well, I still have [i]Pretty Hate Machine[/i] and [i]The Downward Spiral[/i] at least.

Yeah, overall it is decidedly average even if you ignore the hype of a new NIN release. It has some good tracks, a few okay ones and a couple I think are right out bad. Trent might be going for more of a "song" type album here, but he really needs to work on his writing... The Collector is a great example. Some of the worst lyrics of his career.

I've been a NIN fan for a number of years and this is probably one of their worst albums, I don't know what reznor was thinking >< Well, the worst lyric wise I suppose, at least the music itself isnt complete noise like it was in Halo 8. Overall i'd give the new CD a 7 just because its NIN. Current favorite song(s) on that album are:

Right where it belongs
You know what you are?

Well, I've heard it through many times and like every industrial CD I own I think some tracks are brilliant (The Hand that Feeds) and some suck (ok, not really suck they just don't live up to expectations). But being an artform and art being subjective to personal taste I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with the exact opposite view of mine.

When you concider the genre its amazing that NIN has held onto such a loyal fanbase. Industrial by nature is about experimenting and every time something new is found there's a risk of alienating those that have liked them in the past. On With Teeth I think NIN has once again hit that balance between new and familiar that will keep the old fans relatively happy and probably draw some new ones into the fold.