Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
So, who's heard the new album? And what do you think?

I really like it.. Fav tracks at the moment: The hand that feeds, sunspots
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]Man, i haven't heard it yet! >.<
But i will soon. Anyway, NIN is really good, sooo, i guess there's nothing left for me to say... I have heard the Hand That Feeds, and i liked it very much. By Monday at the latest i should have With Teeth.[/COLOR]
Posted
It's a solid album, but I'm still a bit disappointed with it. [i]With Teeth[/i] wasn't the really strong release that I was hoping for. I honestly haven't listened to it more than a couple of times since I got it, and I'm a pretty big Nine Inch Nails fan.

Oh well, I still have [i]Pretty Hate Machine[/i] and [i]The Downward Spiral[/i] at least.
Posted
Yeah, overall it is decidedly average even if you ignore the hype of a new NIN release. It has some good tracks, a few okay ones and a couple I think are right out bad. Trent might be going for more of a "song" type album here, but he really needs to work on his writing... The Collector is a great example. Some of the worst lyrics of his career.
Posted
I've been a NIN fan for a number of years and this is probably one of their worst albums, I don't know what reznor was thinking >< Well, the worst lyric wise I suppose, at least the music itself isnt complete noise like it was in Halo 8. Overall i'd give the new CD a 7 just because its NIN. Current favorite song(s) on that album are:

Right where it belongs
You know what you are?
Posted
[quote name='Lacuna Coil']Well, the worst lyric wise I suppose, at least the music itself isnt complete noise like it was in Halo 8. [/quote]

You think The Downward Spiral is complete noise...? I'm confused lol.
Posted
Im torn between liking and disliking this CD. I love some of the songs like You Know What you Are? and The Hand that Feeds, but others just suck. Then again Ive only ever heard around 7 NIN songs, so I wouldn't know how good they usually are.
Posted
Well, I've heard it through many times and like every industrial CD I own I think some tracks are brilliant (The Hand that Feeds) and some suck (ok, not really suck they just don't live up to expectations). But being an artform and art being subjective to personal taste I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with the exact opposite view of mine.

When you concider the genre its amazing that NIN has held onto such a loyal fanbase. Industrial by nature is about experimenting and every time something new is found there's a risk of alienating those that have liked them in the past. On With Teeth I think NIN has once again hit that balance between new and familiar that will keep the old fans relatively happy and probably draw some new ones into the fold.
Posted
I've only listened to it in full about once to be honest. In the end it's disappointing. There's some good music to be had on this album, but there's better NIN out there than this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...