OtakuBoards

Love at First Sight.......Does it exist?

Shadow Blade

Anyone believe in LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT? This thread is dedicated to one of my buddies who is a huge believer, fan, supporter, *you know the works* love at first sight Incorperated. As for me I personally believe that seeing-your-knight-in-shining-armor really stupid. Taking one look, and declaring your love is utterly dumb. Especially in cheesy chick flicks. So i don't know what you think. Do you think it's stupid and impossible or do you think it's stupendous and wonderful?

[COLOR=Red]I believe in love at first site but it can happen only with you sokata. (soul mate) i believe everyone has one and when you find that soulmate you will fall in love at first site. Its kindve cheesy but its what i felt when i found my love even though we can never be together. He is always in my mind and i in his. So do i believe in love at first site. Yes I like to think so. :love2: [/COLOR]

That what alot of people say at first, but everyone has at least one knight in shinngin armor. I have mine, though it may sound silly at first, it tells us that we can fall in love. Our knight in shinning armor will come to us, but there will always be that knight in shinnging armor that caught our eye for the first time. :catgirl:

[quote name='sbrebaby][COLOR=Red']I believe in love at first site but it can happen only with you sokata. (soul mate) i believe everyone has one and when you find that soulmate you will fall in love at first site. Its kindve cheesy but its what i felt when i found my love even though we can never be together. He is always in my mind and i in his. So do i believe in love at first site. Yes I like to think so. :love2: [/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
I have to say I use to think all that stuff was just chessy crap that lonely midage women read in romance novels. I never took it into thought until I fell in love with my Contraband (Go to my site to understand.) At first he was someone I found irritating and he was like a Waldo. You know always in the background, hard to find. I wanted to know who he was because he never talked and was always everywhere. I have to say the whole reason I wanted to know him was because he saw me crying in back of one of the portables during my lunch period. He was the first person who ever saw me cry. I had a fight with one of my best friends and he was walking the track at the time and we stop and looked at each other past the wired fencing. It's kinda creepy, it was like all sound and time stopped at that moment. Unfortunately he could come over, but he smiled sadly at me and kept walking. That's when I fell for him and we've become friends/lovers/ex's-but-more-than-just-friends since.

He hasn't been here lately, but I don't mind when he's gone for a long time it feels like I can breath. But when he shows up it's like I can't and I want to cry so badly. :animecry:

Still when I talked to him we were laughing and having a ball. When the lunch bell rang neither one of us wanted to go. Still hope I guess even though it is small, but so am I. :animesmil

I believe he is my sokata because with him I don't feel weird and every conversation and encounter we have feels as if out of a dream... :love2: [/FONT] [/COLOR]

People who don't believe it just haven't met their soul mate yet. When I first met John I knew he was the man I was going to marry. This November we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. So needless to say, I am a firm believer in love at first sight. :animesmil But I wasn't always a part of that camp.

If you would have asked me before I met John I would have told you that "love at first sight" was just something for fairy tales and greeting cards. I've had crushes before and dated but nothing compares to the feeling I got when I first met John. It was a very electric, amazing feeling yet very comfortable like being with someone you have known for your entire life. It's hard to explain.

"I believe in love at first site but it can happen only with you sokata. (soul mate) i believe everyone has one and when you find that soulmate you will fall in love at first site. Its kindve cheesy but its what i felt when i found my love even though we can never be together. He is always in my mind and i in his. So do i believe in love at first site. Yes I like to think so."
- ORIGINALLY POSTED BY SBREBABY-

Okay! To be completely honest I didn't really give much thought to the whole soul-mate thing, but I think those are really good pointers, and I really think that you all have some reasons, but I'm still not convinced that love at first sight exist. Please tell me i'm not the only here at the boards who belives that!!

Call me cold, heartless, and a cruel son of a *****, but no, and there will never be such a thing. That is a concept only fools who have never seen what 'love' can do to people can embrace as being possible.

Love is something like trust, in how not only is it hard to build to build up, but it is also easy to break

But, love is also very hard to break, at times. Trust me. I still love my boyfreind, even though he is dead.

[COLOR=DarkRed]My sokota is my best friend and i am his. That is one reason we can never be together. He is also an exlover of mine we broke it off because we never understood what love could do to you. :animecry: We have been in love for years since i first heard his voice over the phone telling me i sounded hot. he wasn't my boyfriend ever but he should have been. And when i moved he moved to ND with me just so he could be with me. I kept putting him off and found some one else who i ended up loving, but not the same and he left me after I lost the baby but Evan picked me back up but i could never look him in the face again. For i had been stupid for i thad nit being him i married. We are promised to each other now. He is 17 and i am 15 my parents love him as much as i. some day we will be together i believe but i know it was love at first sight becuase my heart did flips in my throat for hours. :love2: he will always be in my heart. we are still not together but not from lack of trying. i was living at his house after My ex left me and am now going to school in a different city. So it is hard to see each other. I still love him though and always will. :heart: [/COLOR]

No, but lust at first sight sure does. [i]"Goddamn, look at that rack! And that ***! Nice figure! She's got a nice face too! And from what I can see, she doesn't have the air of a complete ***** either! I think that I just wanna..."[/i] I don't think that its possible to deeply care for somebody when you haven't even so much as said a word to them yet. Maybe something about them atracts you (probably the aforementioned traits if you're a guy), but as for any sort of deep emotion concerning them, its not going to happen right away.

No. Love at first sight does not exist. It is impossible to REALLY love someone at first sight. Its impossible to know that person by looks alone. Sure, you can love how someone appears to you. "Oh, I love that jacket." But in reality, the person that looks the best is probably the biggest a-hole.

[quote name='Bloodseeker]No, but lust at first sight sure does. [i]"Goddamn, look at that rack! And that ***! Nice figure! She's got a nice face too! And from what I can see, she doesn't have the air of a complete ***** either! I think that I just wanna..."[/i'] I don't think that its possible to deeply care for somebody when you haven't even so much as said a word to them yet. Maybe something about them atracts you (probably the aforementioned traits if you're a guy), but as for any sort of deep emotion concerning them, its not going to happen right away.[/quote]

:laugh: now that's more like it. i'm, like that too, though not always. I lovew personality in a guy, but i also love them being cute. Also, having a large honker is a plus.like the ones that make you go===> :animenose

I believe in more knowing the person, I mean if you know the person well enough you can fall in love with him/ her. If you fall at first sight there might be a chance that when you are finally a couple, he is nothing one expects, like if a person is nice at first but when you get to know him he is a jerk.That is why I don't beieve in love at first sight

[quote name='Inuyasha Fandom']:laugh: now that's more like it. i'm, like that too, though not always. I lovew personality in a guy, but i also love them being cute. Also, having a large honker is a plus.like the ones that make you go===> :animenose[/quote]

[[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]FONT=Comic Sans MS] :bellylol: LOL this mad me laugh pretty hard. Yeah, I didn't really notice how good-looking Contraband was until after he broke up with me. lol it's funny cause Faye openly admired the sway of his slim hip and the good lighting on his--- lol[/FONT][/COLOR] :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

But love is like roses. Never meant to last forever, but still beautiful while it lasts.

[quote name='Juuthena][size=1']Why not? But I think it's moreover lust than love...[/size][/quote]

I kind of have to agree with Juuthena on this one. I'd prefer to fall in love with a friend anyways since thats what I'm use too, and told that's the best way. You can be lovers and friends all at the same time. That doesn't mean you can meet someone and build a long lasting friendship either, but I don't consider that love at first sight. Call me realistic, but its the looks that they are attracted too, not the person. But hey, thats only me.

[SIZE=1]I wrote in my Xanga awhile back about love at first site.So enjoy.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Thats todays topic of discussion.I wasn't in the mod to listen during Science,so I wrote this up.Enjoy.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Not to sound pessismistic or anti-love,but due to past endevors,I don't.

I knew this guy once.He was sort of popular,but I couldn't see why.I figured he was kind of a jerk.All the chicks liked him either as a friend or hoping for something more.he wasn't even that cute.Just average looking.But as I got to know him,I became more interested in him.

Before long it was full blown obsession.I had jumped on the bandwagon.

Thats my story.It's only one,and believe me when I say I have tons more similar.I'm over him and now I honestly can't see what I saw in him.

Love at first sight in 99.9% impossible.I guess the 0.1% in movies counts.When you see someone you can't say right out that you love them.They could be gay for all you know.(Unless you're gay yourself then...that doesn't apply.)You could think you're perfect for eachother,but you could believe in womens rights,while your "ideal" in a sexist pig. (No offence) Or you could be a devout Catholic and the other could be a devil worshipper.

You just never know.

So my dears,love at first sight.I almost doesn't ever work.So deal with it.Use your charisma and charm.Get to know someone before you say,"Oh of course.I love you."

But if you do love someone,remember the wise words of Jessica,age 8.

You really shouldn't say I LOVE YOU unless you mean it. But if you mean
it, you should say it a lot. People forget.

Ciao and goodnight.[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]I had a crush on my (current, and only recently) boyfriend the day I met him... what, four years ago? We were in the drama program together his senior year of high school, and while I didn't admit it at the time (I didn't need to, actually, it turns out everyone kinda.... knew) I had a crush on him pretty badly. He asked another girl out. It was devastating (not really. I never expected to go out with him.)

Anyway, we became friends, I got over it, and things were quite wonderful. Late last summer I realised I had a crush on him. Again. Oof.

As I pointed out by referring to him as my boyfriend, we [i]are[/i] dating now. And it's great, I love it. But while I liked him from the moment I met him, it wasn't (and I would never call it) Love at First Site.

In my opinion, you can certainly be attracted to someone on first site. And it's completely possibly that that attraction will develop into (or have a hand in moving along) a great relationship--friendship, dating relationship, come what may. But I think that while they can be related, they're not the same thing.

Then, of course, there's Panda. And we all love her. So listen to her, maybe. After all, she's the one who married her LaFS. :)[/font]

I think this depends on the person. after all many people have a different view on what love is. Sadly, Many only look at physical characteristics. Whilst this is more lust you could debait that the sudden (sometimes supprising) attraction to a certain type is love at first sight.

I however believe differently.

In my opinion true love isnt about physical attraction but more on the deep trust and care that two people feel for each other. Even if you were to find your soul mate through a sudden attraction to them, love needs many things including (but not limited to)...

feelings on both sides
a deep understanding on each other
and as mentioned before trust

therefore, i think that at the very LEAST you must have a few conversations between someone AND get to know their personality before love can develop.

[COLOR=blue]*Enjoys Sara's use of "site" instead of "sight"* I'll follow suit. :p

I just want to add that while I do think there is such a thing as love at first site, I have to add that there are other things people can see at first site. So, you could say people tend to confuse lust, obsession, and "just an interesting person" with what love at first site is.

Of course, I'm not saying anyone else is perceptive enough to tell the difference either.[/COLOR]

I would just like to say this: Love at first sight is a two-way street. It only works if the other party believes it, too. Like it has been mentioned, you could claim "love at first sight" on someone, but that person could not care less about you. There is no love there.

Of course, the chances of this happening are greater than one in a billion. So meet people. If you truly believe that the person who you will fall in love with and marry will be able to spot you as soon as you spot him or her, then meet people. Meet people all the time. The more everyone meets everyone else, the quicker people will be able to find the people they want to be around, or even the one they love.

You cannot sit around all day being a hopeless romantic, waiting, believing that [i]someday[/i] the love of your life will just come knocking on your door. You are going to get out of it what you put into it. You can be a romantic, just don't be hopeless.

There are those who have not experienced love but i have. Twice the first is still my love and always will be. The second turned into and a** and i could live with out now but he is still a part of me. My Evan and i have been great friends from the begining. He has always been my Knight-in-shining-armor. I first heard his voice and it was so smooth and rich it made me float. There is one way that it started. We first met at Angelscamp Frog Jumps. The one Mark Twain wrote about. In Cali. I about fainted. I was lost then and never looked back. We both had some one at the time and ended up cheating on them to be with one another. :( But it wasn't our falt we couldnt resist the fates. it was ment to be from the start and i belive that with my whole hart that it was love at first sight, hear, smell and everthing you can feel. :love2: :love2: :love2:

• 4 weeks later...
Well...I, for one, do not believe in love at first; in emphasis, judging anyone "at first sight" is just appearance. You have to actually get to know a person before you could love them, by the way, if "love is blind" how could there be love at first sight?

[CENTER][SIZE=1]I had a knight in shining armor once. I considered it love at first sight, but I was young. Alas, it's been six years and I never confessed my feelings to him. I am afraid he won't feel the same.I've been rejected by everyone (My father, my family... Everyone.) I just don't need that.

Besides, I started dating my best friend. I love him (Just as much as I love... You know.) But I don't really know if I love him [I]that[/I] way. Recently I talked to him (Over email... Since I get too nervous IRL) And I told him that I was too young to get into a serious relationship, and I didn't have a true perspection of love. He said I could have all the time I needed, and that he'd still be there for me. That made me feel worse, since I don't even know if I will ever love him that way. I still have some feelings for my first crush, but I know I'll never do anything about it.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that love is something far too explain in a single sentance. 'Love is blind', 'it was love at first sight' They are all just words that cannot explain human emotions. Not every person fits into a romantic's point of view (Though some do.) I say, if you love someone go after it with all you've got and don't let some phrase or some 'law' get in your way.

That, my friends, is the only way to live and love.

Adios.
_sakura_[/SIZE][/CENTER]