OtakuBoards

Love at First Sight.......Does it exist?

Shadow Blade

[size=1][color=slategray]I think that "love at first sight" is that simple word we call lust. There is a very big different between love and lust as we all know.[/color]
[quote][i]Originally posted by ZUZU3276:[/i]
You have to actually get to know a person before you could love them, by the way, if "love is blind" how could there be love at first sight?[/quote]
[color=slategray]Exactly.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Garamond]I believe in love.
Love at first sight hasn't happend to me yet
I don't even know if I've been in love. I don't think i'm experianced enough.
I thought i was in love before, I had a huge crush on this guy for nine years.
I walked into my class the first time, our eyes made contact and BAM!
He's more like my older brother now.

I also think that liking someone at first sight is superficial. I want to fall in love with there heart, personality, their soul. Not their looks.

I still believe that love at first can happen though to a select few.
When it does...don't let go. [/FONT][/COLOR]

I happen to think love at first sight exists. I know for sure I loved the girl I call my princess now. She is so beautiful and smart and great to me, it is hard to imagine being with someone else. I love her completley and have since I met her.

Guest Armand-chan
I don't believe in love at first sight. How can you love someone without ever talking to them? For all you know they could be complete jerks. It takes time to actully fall truely in love with someone. At least thats my belief.

No.

I don't believe in it. I never have.

I'm not going to say I have ever really been in love, because if I did I'd most likely be bombarded with questions and statements seeing as I'm only 16 years old. But to me, it was really something.[i] I[/i] would call it love (let it come back and bite me on the ***, I don't care). One of my previous girlfriends has seriously put a dent in my life, and the relationship we had will always be in my head. I'll never forget it. But what she done, or what "love" done, was something I'd love to forget, something I'd love to be able to say has never happened to me, but that aint ever gonna happen.

[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Bloodseeker[/i]
[i]"Goddamn, look at that rack! And that ***! Nice figure! She's got a nice face too! And from what I can see, she doesn't have the air of a complete ***** either! I think that I just wanna..."[/quote] [/i]That's exactly how this relationship started out, haha. But I took a liking to her from day 1.

So maybe that's why I'll never believe in love at first sight, either. If you ask me, "love at first sight" is nothing but a lie. It's all made up. Fake. There [i]is[/i] no such thing.

Guest BlackSorceress
I so don't believe in love at first sight. Some people hate each other, then end up falling in love. And if you do love someone at first sight, it never works out. It takes time to fall in love. So I don't believe in true love. Never have, never will. I have an easier time believeing dragons exist, than love at first sight.

[SIZE=1]I havn't read all the previous posts but heres my opinion. I can't really define love, its hard to write it down or even place together a sentence in my head concerning the subject. Its a feeling, and although you've never met a person before, I believe it's possible to feel a connection with them from a simple look. I've seen people before with such a presence that it's hard to be in the same room with them and be able to look elsewhere. I believe that some things are meant to happen, and coincidental meetings or glances across the table might not be coincidences after all. Sometimes I see a person, and have an incredibly strong feeling to just go over and say hi, but I usually never do. And a lot of the time I regret this, cause you never know, it might've just been love at first sight.[/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
Guest Erriku
[COLOR=Navy]i dont believe it, if it is true, then youre a shallow person only judging on looks...[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I don't personally believe in "[I]Love at First Sight[/I]", love in my opinion anyway is something that takes time to develop and blossom after truly getting to know and care about someone. Most cases at "Love at First Sight" are simply infatuation with the other person, a good female friend of mine has gone through at least three cases of "Love at First Sight" that have turned out to be nothing more than simple infatuation. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't think it would be that same kind of undying love that most people think of when the think of the word.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal]There's really no such thing as true love in my opinion, but as some other previous members stated, it really has everything to dow ith friendship. How can you love someone when you don't know them?

However, I can't deny a certain feeling of [I]rightness[/I] when you first meet that special someone. When I met my boyfriend, I felt it. We were best friends for two years, and have been dating for about a year. Now, I don't know if what we have is love, but it's the closest I've ever come and that's good enough for me. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I don't know about love at first sight. Since it hasn't happened to me I don't know if it's real or not but I believe in connections at first sight. Oh yes I know there's lust at first sight but for me there have been many people that when I see them, I instantly feel connected to them. I just want to be with them and become their friend because it feels like what is supposed to happen. I don't know why but it's almost like a voice telling me "I need to know that person". I'd never tell my friends that but the majority of them are people who I felt that bond with. Sorry, that probably sounds silly.

Now love is another thing. I've never loved someone the instant I saw them. I've liked someone right away or lusted but not loved. Still it could happen. So I'll say it's possible ^^ If I ever feel a deep connection right away then I'll tell you.

not in my mind... in my mind, love comes with circumstance... and with the fufilment of asthetics...

i mean really a person can be tottaly hot, sexy, have a awesome personality, whatever (ei. filling asthetics) but if they dont like you, live near you, see you every day, or somehow connect with you (ie.circustances) then theres no way yer ever goign to get together... and vice versa... if a girls constantly declares her undieing love for you but isnt desirable in anyway what so ever... then theres no way anythings goign to happen either...

theres a ton of factors that play into love and atraction (but they all basicly fall into those two catagories), especialy with love at first sight... but thats all love at first sight is... a few factors line up... but thats it... you still dont really know the person, they dont really know you...

why else would divorce rates be so high nowadays?
so... final answer... love, true love at first sight does not exist... and my advice... do go with anything unless it is absolute mutual true love... fike final fantasy 8... i'td be better for guys to act like they dont care about girls they like... not so as to seem like some bad *** rebel... but to keep themselves from making stupid mistakes

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Love at first sight is tricky, but yes, I think it exists. It happened to me. I fell in love with my significant other the day I met him. He walked in, I thought him to be gorgeous and then he started to talk and that was it, I was forever connected to him. I say that five and a half years later.

There is always attraction at first sight, which is not the same. The connection must go deeper than that, and mine did. That's not to say anyone else in the world will be as lucky as I have been, but at least one case does exist.[/COLOR]

I'll start this off by noting that I didn't read many of the other posts, so I'm not entirely sure if this has been said or not. But I'm bored, and I feel like responding. haha

I do not believe that love at first sight exists. Of course, never having experienced this feeling before, I can only say so much from an outsider's point of view, so feel free to take my post with a grain of salt. ^_^

To me, "love at first sight" is somewhat a mixture of feelings of lust and hindsight bias. When you first see someone, it's generally impossible to know what that person is like, and guesses can usually only be made based on physical appearance. Thus, I can't see the sense of attraction being more than skin-deep, which admittedly can still capture people to an extent. Once you get to know the person, in this case ones you would consider a relationship with, it either works out or it doesn't, and that can affect the perception of falling for someone when you first saw them as well. If it ends up that nothing happens with the person, then you won't look back and see the first meeting as anything special, no matter what you felt at the time. On the contrary, if you look back while in love with this person, you'll find that your mind will sometimes create instances and perceptions for your memory of the first time you met, even altering it in a positive, though biased, way. Basically, if it works out, you'll remember being in love from the moment you saw them.

But yeah, I'm just trying to look at this from a logical (and somewhat [i]psycho[/i]logical) point of view, having never, from what I believe.. fallen in love with anyone. So there certainly might be something that I'm missing or not understanding. The point to remember from my post is that love is a very strong and deep emotion that's extremely difficult to experience to the full extent, much less explain, and I think it would be quite ambitious to believe that one could feel something like that upon first meeting someone.

[B][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I do not believe in 'love at first site' only because, how can you love someone right when you lay eyes upon them? Love at first site is for shallow people.. :rolleyes: its more like..lust at first site, because the person is so dang sexy :animenose you just gotta have them. :animeswea But anyways I do not believe in it! =)[/FONT][/COLOR][/B] :D

Guest Kage Arashi
*shrugs* I believe in soul mates, whether or not you'll be able to find that other person isstill up in the air. Meh, the white knights have the easy job, they stand there and try to look competant (I realize there are some -very- capable white knights but I haven't seen many). It's the dark knights that have the problems...*nods* between the leaky castle and the cranky mother's of the princesses you try to swipe, there's a lot to do. No seriously, it's a good theory but the sad part is most people aren't going to find their one, ya know? Otherwise the marriage problems wouldn't be running quite as rampant as they are.