Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
My mom is the biggest System fan on Earth, so naturally she got the Limited Edition CD the day it came out. After listening through it (its increadibly short) I must say, I think its their best CD yet. The lyrics were written by the guitarist Daron Malakian this time, and they are much different than Serj's lyrics. This time its less political, and more crazy. I must say, this is their most hardcore album yet. Six months from now, we'll be getting a taste of Hypnotise, their other CD. From this CD Id have to say my favorite songs are B.Y.O.B. and Sad Statue.
Posted
It's a good album. I personally don't think it is as good as their last two (I don't include Steal This Album since it's more of a "collection"), but it still delivers. They don't seem quite as crazy on this one, but they do retain a lot of the humor that made them enjoyable.

I can't see any System of a Down fan not liking it once they give it some time. I wound up liking it a bit more after I played it a couple of times.

I'm also looking forward to Hypnotize. I wonder what direction that will go in... I'm under the impression that it doesn't really have the same themes and such as Mesmerize does.
Posted
[SIZE=1]This is my first System album I've fully heard and I gotta say it rocks. My experiences with them before were limited to CD sessions to and from an amusement park with a friend on a coach like a year back, lol. So I can't really compare it the other albums or whatever. But I do think it's a solid album and I like how the lyrics are a bit deeper than you think at first.

That and Cigaro owns your ***, lol..

[b]EDIT:[/b] Favourite 3 tracks in order: Radio/Video, Violent Pornography, Revenga[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude]I must say, this is their most hardcore album yet.QUOTE]

Wow. I think you're very very wrong. Both Toxicity and SOAD were much heavier than Mesmerize. I loved Mesmerize, so don't get me wrong, I just think it's not quite as heavy as the others. But anyway, my favorite songs are Cigaro, B.Y.O.B., and Violent Pornography. And Daran didn't write [I]all[/I] the lyrics, but he did write most of them. Serj still took part in many of the songs.

My favorite album is still Toxicity. My Least favorite is Steal This Album, but then again, that's mostly just a bunch of B-sides and rare tracks and stuff like that.
Posted
Just because Serj sings doesn't mean he wrote the lyrics....

Ajeh, you should really check out their other albums. Personally I like this one the most, but that may be because Ive only heard it 3 times now. Toxicity: 83, SOAD: 75, Steal this Album: 59, my mom's special Rare Tracks CD: 37, the System of a Down soul concert live: 15, everything else that has any meembers of System in it or is under one of their record labels: 24. I blame my mom. I really, really like this CD because its so upbeat, fun, and different. Also, I don't know that Hypnotise will be too different, Daron quoted, "We separated the CDs so that the songs would be more individualized and therefore more appreciated." The second CD will have 13 tracks.
Posted
Excuse me, did I [I]ever[/I] say that Serj wrote all the lyrics because he's the singer? Let's recap.

[quote name='Jake of Bodom']And Daran didn't write all the lyrics, but he did write most of them.[/quote]

I said he [I]helped[/I] write a portion of them. I'm not an idiot. I know that vocalists don't always write the lyrics. Just because your mom is obsessed doesn't make you an expert.

And Toxicity still owns Mesmerize any day.
Posted
I guess I didn't realize this album came out so soon. It's been a busy time for me lately, so I suppose that's why. I'll be buying this album tomorrow it is likely then. . .I'll give my impressions then.

I doubt I'll like this album better than their first, self-titled release. I love that record for its raw sound and just what it is in general.

I see a certain someone hasn't come in here yet. Tony and a few others know who. Perhaps he just isn't around.
Posted
Alot of people are disappointed with the new album. Byob and violent pornography are my fav tracks at the moment, but i haven't really listened to the rest alot tbh.

There old stuff is still better, up to now.
Posted
[font=gothic][color=darkslategray]I'm going to stand out a bit here and state that I actually prefer Mezmerize to their earlier albums, mainly on the basis that it's more experimental, which I consider to be a lot more interesting, and like on Steal This Album, they've really started showing the guitar talents in a lot more effective way. Sure, the standout tracks don't necessarily equal the standouts off earlier albums, such as Peephole or what not, but as an overall album, I definitely think it's the best to date.[/font][/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Mesmerized is a kick *** CD. Its one of the few cases where I really like every song on the CD. My favorites are Radio/Video and that last song. (can't remember the name...)

My friend has the CD right now... This morning, he asked if he could borrow it until he came back later that evening to burn it. (I usually sleep during the day) I have yet to see him since then. If I don't get the CD back tommorrow and he doesn't have a good excuse the next time I see him, I'm gonna have finish off that crappy walkman that he left at my house... (he's using mine)
Posted
[font=Verdana][size=2]System Of A Down's new album is a party to my ears... :smoke: ..I dunno.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Anyway, I love this CD. "Bring Your Own Bombs" is a different approach compared to what they usually take to their music. Still love it, none-the-less. "Revenga" is another one of my favourites on this album.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]System Of A Down has always been a part of my music taste, and I sure as hell can't wait for Hypnotize.[/size][/font]
Posted
I enjoyed Mesmerise, though not to the extent of Toxicity. In my opinion it has very good songs , BYOB, Lost in Hollywood and Sad Statue foremost, but lacks killer tunes that hook anyone who listens to them in, like Bounce.

Then again the press are already touting Hypnotize as the band's masterpiece, so perhaps that's where they are.
Guest PointeDuLac
Posted
Yeh...I downloaded the CD a couple weeks ago. I say it's ok. My favorite songs on there are Cigaro and Bring Your Own Bombs. ^^
Posted
[quote name='ThatOneOddDude']After hearing it a few million times, I must say this is one of my favorite CDs of all time. Radio/Video is quite possibly the greatest song ever. It has a very Final Fantasy 9 feel to it.[/quote]

Comparing System of a Down to videogames.... *bitchslaps ThatOneOddDude* NO! THAT'S WRONG! GO TO YOUR CORNER!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...