OtakuBoards

Favorite, strangest and most annoying commercials on TV now

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]It's inevitable that a thread like this will exist again. It's also inevitable that a CHW such as myself shall start a thread like this. So I shall now beging the thread....

Of all the obnoxious buy me buy me commercials on TV now what are the best or funniest and which ones are so annoying you almost wish they'd go out of business?(Except that it's one of the few places you can afford and find clothes that 'fit')

Okay, well ,the most annoyiong commercials out there now are of course the Old Navy commercials. Honestly could they get any cheesier? I almost feel sorry for the models that have to be in those commercials, except that they get paid a decent ammount of money so I guess the stupidity is worth it.

THe Cingular commercial where the girl is pretending her hand is a phone comes in seond. I just don't get it. Can't the kid just use a pay phone?

My favorite commercial is still the one where the guy almost eats the dog food, but I haven't seen it in a while so I may have to choose a new favorite :animesigh .

I do like this commercial for covered gutters where the squirells are stealing the ads for the gutter company so th guy can't have covnered gutters like his neighbors. It reminds me of that episode of Daria where Jake was trying to catch a squirell.

Strangest. Has anyone seen that Buic commercial where the guy is getting ready to drive off an aircraft carrier? Does anyone besides me realize that there was no '[b]Don't try this at home[/b]' warning? I wonder if they'll get sued if someone tries it?

Okay I'll probably think of more later.[/color]
]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Most annoying commercial ever has got to be the "It's all about the O" crap. I want to kill that lady!! Her voice is SO FREAKING ANNOYING! *ahem* sorry about that...
My favorite commercial is also an older one for...I can't remember now. Some kind of bread. But there's a family sitting at a duck pond and the dad throws out some bread to a duck. It hits the duck in the head like a rock and the duck sinks to the bottom. When the family gets the other brand of bread, they throw it out to the duck and the duck catches it and starts to fly without flapping its wings. "Light and fluffy" I think was the saying. Something like that.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]I think it would have to be the Vonage commercials that sing that song from Kill Bill. Something like "Woo hoo woo hoo hooo" and it keeps going on and on and on till it gets stuck in your head. The best one is when these people are having a race with their legs tied and the guy runs into the shed. haha. classic. But yeah, that song, gets especially annoying after the 50th time you've heard it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]I think it would have to be the Vonage commercials that sing that song from Kill Bill. Something like "Woo hoo woo hoo hooo" and it keeps going on and on and on till it gets stuck in your head. The best one is when these people are having a race with their legs tied and the guy runs into the shed. haha. classic. But yeah, that song, gets especially annoying after the 50th time you've heard it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT'][/B][/quote]

I wonder how much the 5.6.7.8's have made off of that song now. It seems to be everywhere. It's funny for a group that really is nothing special to suddenly have a burst of popularity in another country after they've already broken up... although their CDs are fun, I suppose.

The most annoying commercial award automatically goes to anything involving McDonald's "I'm Lovin' It" campaign. There's not a single good one of these and a lot of them make almost no sense at all.

I think my least favorite one is about DJs and how these guys hang out at a club all day and then super early in the morning they eat some McGriddles for energy. There's also that one about a drumteam that eats McDonalds after their performance. It's McDonalds and soda. It gives you nearly zero nutritional value and soda is dehydrating. How would that be a good idea?

I can't even choke down their food, personally, so maybe that is part of the reason I dislike the commercials so much. They make it seem like you need to be reliant on their food at all times. That it's "cool" to be so. Don't ask me.

The best commericals of all time are the Quizno's Spong Monkey commericals.

"We love de subbs! 'Cuz they are good to us!"

Apparently, they were too creepy for most people, so Quizno's doesn't use them anymore. Their premiere is still on [url]www.rathergood.com[/url]. (DeathBug is not responsible for the vontent of rathergood.com...)

I also miss the Taco Bell Dog. "Here, leezard, leezard, leezard." Good times.

[QUOTE=Generic NPC #3] anything involving McDonald's

I think my least favorite one is about DJs and how these guys hang out at a club all day and then super early in the morning they eat some McGriddles for energy. There's also that one about a drumteam that eats McDonalds after their performance. It's McDonalds and soda. It gives you nearly zero nutritional value and soda is dehydrating. How would that be a good idea?

I can't even choke down their food, personally, so maybe that is part of the reason I dislike the commercials so much. They make it seem like you need to be reliant on their food at all times. That it's "cool" to be so. Don't ask me.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I used to work at McDonalds so I can't understand how anyone can eat the food (Ok, the parfaits, and ice cream are good) but like you said, grilled cow parts (ok it [i]is[/i] 100% USDA beef I've seen the boxes) and soda is [i]not nutritional.

Those apple walnut salads are good for you, but the ads are so dumb!

I also don't like the Wendy's ads about the salad. You know the one where the people are sitting around eating lunch and asking about eachother's salads. Then the one lady says her salad is mmm not eh. Well, if everyone else had made their salads from romain, green and red leaf and oak leaf lettace instead of iceberge they'd have good salads too.

And I agree with Death Bug *world comes to a crashing halt* about the old taco bell commercials. I miss 'Here leezard leezard leezard.' And how he'd/she'd say "Yo quiero Taco Bell which technically means I I want Taco Bell. I alsways wondered if he was stuttering.[/color]

I don't know how recent these comercials are, but there are some foreign (outside of US) commericals that my friend sends me.

One is a car commercial which is basically a "Singing in the Rain" remix, where the guy's in the street, singing the song, the beat turns to a remix of the song, and the guy put his umbrella down and starts break dancing.

There's two other car commericals that are incredibly evil, they advertise a Sport-ka, I don't know the maker of the car though. One has the car in a driveway that is opening its sunroof all by itself and a cat jumps on top of the car, looks down and and the window closes and... beheads the cat. Fake of course. THe other one has a pidgeon on a tree branch right up to the camera. The car is parked in the street nearby. The pidgeon starts flying all nice and pretty. It flies towards the car... WHAM! The hood of the car flies up and sends the pidgeon sailing.

There's a few shorter commercials advertising an energy drink called K-Fee, where they make you stare at something really small and quiet, then BOO! Zombie, haha... that was so funny... yeah.

There's a dutch commercial about a dutch-to-english school. There's a nice older family and their two young kids getitng in a car. They strap their seatbelts and turn on the radio to hear "I wanna F you in the A" to a techno beat. They're all smiling and bobbing their heads to the beat as they ride up the hill. At the bottom of the screen, "Want to learn English?" appears.

That's it. I got sent these, so there's probably somewhere online where you can find them.

The new Carl's Junior advertisement is the best I've ever seen.
Paris Hilton just cracks me up. This sent me into hysterics for 10 minutes.

I think any company that can sell a product (in this case, a burger) without showing it [frequently] in the add is genius. (Abercrombie, anybody)

Car-wishing, rich, beautiful, blonde, and ditzy celebrities.
What more does someone needs? [A burger?].

[size=1]Hands down the best advert ever is the (I think) Volkswagen Golf one where they show that clip from "Singing In The Rain" (whatever it's actually called) and they make the guy breakdance. It is too awesome..

[URL=http://www.nathanpitman.com/images/vw_golfGTI_medium.mov]Quicktime link to ad (click here)[/URL]

[b]My best advert's better than yours; I win[/b][/size]

[SIZE=1]The erectile dysfunction commericals piss me off, because they're so awkward to sit through, and don't come out and say what they mean.

Same thing goes for those tampon/sanitary pad commericals. Only those are worse. Because they never, ever say anything about menstruation or periods or what not. They rarely have the pad, but [I]if you're lucky[/I], they'll show you the tampon.

>_>[/SIZE]

I don't watch very much TV because I just can't stand commercials, they go beyond annoying. But I do remember seeing a commercial for a type of truck several years ago, though I forget what type of truck it was. Anyway, it showed a cop using the truck trying to pull over a speeder in a very expensive sports car that could outrun the truck. So the cop drives over the mountain and waits for the sports car on the other side since it had to go around. It said something along the line, it's not how fast you can drive, but where you can drive that matters. :animesmil

The most annoying commercial I remember was actually on the radio. It was for some stupid vacum where the idiot was saying, "Look honey! It's so powerful it can suck up the inversion!" Excuse me while I gag here, but that was so ridiculiously stupid that when ever I hear it again I turn the radio off. :animeangr

Personally I think advertising has gotten so far out of hand that it bothers me to pay for cable as I am paying for that garbage to come to my home. And I noticed the other day that even the movie channels are editing out part of the movies they show so they have a longer slot between shows to advertise. And lets not forget all the new DVD's that won't let you skip all the annoying preview and commercials for their products, like it's not enough that you bought it they have to try and ram more stuff down your throat! :animeangr

*end of ranting and raving* Too bad most commercials aren't cute anymore.

[QUOTE=AJeh][size=1]Hands down the best advert ever is the (I think) Volkswagen Golf one where they show that clip from "Singing In The Rain" (whatever it's actually called) and they make the guy breakdance. It is too awesome..

[URL=http://www.nathanpitman.com/images/vw_golfGTI_medium.mov]Quicktime link to ad (click here)[/URL]

[b]My best advert's better than yours; I win[/b][/size][/QUOTE]

Check my post, it's the first one I mentioned. Thanks for providing a link, lol.

[quote name='Retribution][SIZE=1]Same thing goes for those tampon/sanitary pad commericals. Only those are worse. Because they never, ever say anything about menstruation or periods or what not. They rarely have the pad, but [I]if you're lucky[/I'], they'll show you the tampon.[/SIZE][/quote]

"If you're lucky." Ahahaha.

I adore the PSP commercials, even though whenever I say so, my cousin is there to say, "Too bad it's a faulty product. If I have to listen to one more customer complain at me about their dead pixels..." The one of all the people looking down on the screen is, frankly, one of the best adds I have ever seen. Truly taking the art of advertising and keeping it that way: an [i]art[/i].

I actually forget what it was an add for by this point, but there used to be this one where a guy got into a conversation with a police officer or hospital worker or some one telling a bunch of kids on a field-trip about the cars. He read the word "AMBULENCE" backwards, like it's written on the ambulences, themselves. "ECNELUBMA." He yelled it, too.
It was just funny, in a weird way.

I hate Christine McGee and her Sleep Country ads with a passion, however. Her voice is simply fingernails-on-chalkboard-esque. "IF WE STACKED THEM IT WOULD BE THREE CN TOWERS HAHA LOLZORZ!!!!111one" *shudder*

They used to have those shampoo commercials for L'Auriel (I probably spelt this horrendously, but hey.) Kids. I always thought they were yelling, "We like hamburgers, too!" It made no sense to my seven year old mind, until I realized they were actually saying, "We're worth it, too." Go figure.

Guest Dicky Barrett
That goddamn Jamster Crazy Frog add. No other add is more annoying than that. [url]www.jamster.com[/url] for referance.

[quote name='Pumpkin][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR="#990033"][b]I think it would have to be the Vonage commercials that sing that song from Kill Bill. Something like "Woo hoo woo hoo hooo" and it keeps going on and on and on till it gets stuck in your head. The best one is when these people are having a race with their legs tied and the guy runs into the shed. haha. classic. But yeah, that song, gets especially annoying after the 50th time you've heard it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT'][/B][/quote]

I love those commercials, haha. They always make me smile. Just to let you know, up to this day, I have not gotten tired of that song.

The commercials I find the most annoying are Sonic's. They're just so annoying and kinda pointless.

That guy on the Burger King commercials, well I'm guessing he's [I]the[/I] Burger King, just plains disturbs me. The way how his face is so plastic looking with that very scary looking smile on his face.

That talking baby on that Quizno's commercials also disturbs me.

[color=darkslateblue] Most of the Burger King/Star Wars commercials annoy, except for one. The one where Darth Vader and the King are just standing there, breathing. Oh gawd. I love that commercial. I laugh everytime I see it.

As for ones I hate... The Jamster Ringtones commercials. I [i]hate[/i] them. With a passion. And the Sonic commercials are lame, too, because the food doesn't even look good. It looks fake and nasty. At least Burger King and McDonalds can make their food look really good-tasting (and it is good-tasting :D). [/color]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=darkslateblue] Most of the Burger King/Star Wars commercials annoy, except for one. The one where Darth Vader and the King are just standing there, breathing. Oh gawd. I love that commercial. I laugh everytime I see it.

As for ones I hate... The Jamster Ringtones commercials. I [i]hate[/i] them. With a passion. And the Sonic commercials are lame, too, because the food doesn't even look good. It looks fake and nasty. At least Burger King and McDonalds can make their food look really good-tasting (and it is good-tasting :D). [/color][/QUOTE]

Every Jamter commertial needs to be taken from the TV, burn, and sacrifised to satan! THEY SUCK! How DARE they put the Used and that other horrendous band on the same commercial as Disturbed's Down with the Sickness? Travesty! If I here "text f1 for flames" 1 more time Ill puke!

The Burger King commertials are my favorite. The King rules. The window one scared the crap out of me. I also love the radio commercial. "I loved that enormous egg sandwhich. It was... enormous." Awesome. I also love, "Dave, I am your father." "No your not, you just want my money." "Dave, I am your uncle. Hey, wait dave!"

Guest Dicky Berrett
[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude]Every Jamter commertial needs to be taken from the TV, burn, and sacrifised to satan! THEY SUCK! How DARE they put the Used and that other horrendous band on the same commercial as Disturbed's Down with the Sickness? Travesty! If I here "text f1 for flames" 1 more time Ill puke!

The Burger King commertials are my favorite. The King rules. The window one scared the crap out of me. I also love the radio commercial. "I loved that enormous egg sandwhich. It was... enormous." Awesome. I also love, "Dave, I am your father." "No your not, you just want my money." "Dave, I am your uncle. Hey, wait dave!"[/QUOTE]

I think you mean how dare they put the Used on the same commercial as Disturbed's Down with the Sickness and other horrendous bands.

[quote name='Godelsensei] The one of all the people looking down on the screen is, frankly, one of the best adds I have ever seen. Truly taking the art of advertising and keeping it that way: an [i]art[/i'].[/quote]

Too bad they followed it up with an absolutely terrible one where the guy playing the PSP turns into all sorts of different characters and creatures. Incredibly lame. I think they pulled that one pretty quickly.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah count me down for one of those "How the hell did Jamster get so popular?" people.

Anyways, I'd have to say the absolute strangest commerical I've seen in awhile had to be that controversal Paris Hilton commerical for Carl's Jr.

First time I saw it, I was with my girlfriend and me and her both kinda mouthed "WTF?" after it was over. We even saw the longer-than-needed-be one minute version of the commerical. Such...a stupid commerical.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Garamond]My most hated is either the Sylvan commercials which are played constantly now because its summer.
"Mark, what have I told you about skateboarding in the house?!?" :animeangr
---
Kid: "This is from me, mom...It's something you've always wanted."

Mom: "It's your report card..." *GASP*

Kid: "I thought you'd like it."

What the heck? Its his mom's birthday. The mom wants a present FOR HER! not to benefit the child's future! That's what report cards do! Get real please.
--
Girl:"Thanks mom..you know...for everything..."
Mom: *tears*
---
Closely followed by The In Charge Commercial:

*telephone rings*

Women: Hello?
Guy: "Mrs.Anderson?This is Mark Brown...I'm with the collections department... "
Mrs Anderson: "Oh Hi, Listen I'm sorry I haven't been sending in my payments..."
---
My Favorite commercial is Capital One... : I wuv David Spade.

David Spade: "Oooh, I predict a "no storm"
"You'll have to check with our C.E. NO."
"L.A.?-- N.O. maybe"
"San Jose?--Sain't Happen'n"
"Hawaii?--Ahnoha"
"Nein, Neinte, No...NUNCA!!!"
"Tic-Tac-no"
"E, I, E, I.. No"
"Marco?--Polno"

What's in your wallet?
:D

[/FONT] [/COLOR]

I could go on and on about which commercials I hate, but I don't feel like it.

I will say however, that I love the New Jetta commercial. The one where the couple are dancing in the apartment and then the landlord yells at them. They got to the store and buy these huge speakers and their own house and blast music through the house. I don't really like the commercial as much as I do the song. It's "Molly's Chambers" by the Kings of Leon. Love the song. Anyways... yeah, maybe I'll post some dislikes later, but seeing as it's late, not tonight.