OtakuBoards

A good anime site

Ice Dragon v2

I was pretty bored at this time until I came up to this site. This section of this site can tell your name in Japanese. I'm guessing that some of you came up sites like this but hey, let's start something here.

So what's your Japanese name??
It can be your real name or your otaku name. it doesn't really matter. So, post your name up on what it means. (Note the fact that there can be no one word posts, so pleeeeaaassse, don't get yourself in trouble)

[url=http://www.animenext.com/megukai/japanese.cfm]Anime Next[/url]

Heh, well Seph its probably wrong
---------
[quote]
Michael is... Maikeru[/quote]

Ehh, I KNEW IT! Actually i didnt.... But i was kinda sure... Because i think i asked you that once before TN..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]since it is wrong, does that mean what they said for sephiroth is wrong too.... [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Lol, they're all supposed to be wrong!!! :laugh: It says it right there on the page! I quote : [i]"This javascript is not an actual representation of what your name would be in Japanese. This is only for fun and does not work in every case. It will make your name SOUND Japanese but it will not tell you the actual equivalent of your name in Japanese."[/i] That's probably why these spellings are wrong :rolleyes:[/SIZE]

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]Well, lets see. .

Real name - Aaron Ciesliga (it's Polish, insult away ^_^)
Japanese name - Aaron Shiesuriga (think I have heard it called that. . LOL, since no one can pronounce it usually)

SN for Otaku - Noryko Angelcry
Japanese name - Noriko Anjirukuri
(Noryko is very close to the Japanese name of Noriko . . didn't know that at the time when I made the name. . so this made me laugh)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

i punched in my otaku name and it said Unibusu

Univus=unibusu
Palmer(my name)=Parumeru

:flaming: Im looking for fight for a worthy oponent:flaming:

You aint worthy punk sit back down:devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Heh, this actually made my day a little better. Well, I very seriously doubt this thing translated my name corectly but, here goes: Jusuchinu.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

lol... thats not even close...

Yours would be something along the lines of: Jasuten

This things problem is that it goes with character matches.... like if your name is, lets use Justin for example....

Ju - should be pronounced Ja... no Ju (jew, lol) as it is said, but it just matched those two up.
S - since ST is not in the Japanese language, it has S as Su.... Su is generally never pronounced "Su (Soo)"... just really fast that all you hear is the "s" then then next consenant. (ie: Sanosuke is pronounce Sah-No-Skeh)
Ti - should be pronounced Te... as in Ten... however since your name has Ti, the program matched it with the Japanese Ti, which is pronounced chi in this case. Yes, there is a Ti, but it's a special combination of symbols. Generally, Chi is used to respresent the sound Ti (as in tee or tea)... the I in Japanese is always long... pronounce "E" as in the letter "E"
N - which should be the same, they just matched it up with Nu... because alot of words generally end in vowels... apparently they forgot about the symbol for the sylable "n".. which is the only pronounced symbol which doesn't have a vowel.

There ya go :p Thats why that program doesn't work correctly

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

lol... thats not even close...

Yours would be something along the lines of: Jasuten

This things problem is that it goes with character matches.... like if your name is, lets use Justin for example....

Ju - should be pronounced Ja... no Ju (jew, lol) as it is said, but it just matched those two up.
S - since ST is not in the Japanese language, it has S as Su.... Su is generally never pronounced "Su (Soo)"... just really fast that all you hear is the "s" then then next consenant. (ie: Sanosuke is pronounce Sah-No-Skeh)
Ti - should be pronounced Te... as in Ten... however since your name has Ti, the program matched it with the Japanese Ti, which is pronounced chi in this case. Yes, there is a Ti, but it's a special combination of symbols. Generally, Chi is used to respresent the sound Ti (as in tee or tea)... the I in Japanese is always long... pronounce "E" as in the letter "E"
N - which should be the same, they just matched it up with Nu... because alot of words generally end in vowels... apparently they forgot about the symbol for the sylable "n".. which is the only pronounced symbol which doesn't have a vowel.

There ya go :p Thats why that program doesn't work correctly [/B][/QUOTE]
I didn't think it was very correct. I'm taking a course in Japanese but, I should say its not my best course -_-;;...

-Justin