OtakuBoards

Gorillaz: Demon Days

DeathBug

Anyone picked this up yet? While not nearly as good as their debut album, it's pretty solid. I wish it had the same variety of styles as before, (I'd thought "La Man~ana" would be a salsa similar to "Que Pasa Contigo"), but it's still got the unique blend of rock and rap that is the Gorillaz's trademark.

My personal favorite tracks are "Last Living Souls", "Dare", and, of course, "Feel Good Inc."

Your thoughts?

I have to say I disagree with you. I think Demon Days may well be overall a more solid album than their self titled original. "Gorrilaz" had some great tracks, but also some pretty bad ones, with Clint Eastwood and 19/2000 as it's best, while even at first listen 5/4 and some of the other tracks grated and never really grew on you. On the other hand, I've been listening to "Demon Days" fairly regularly and struggle to think of a single track I don't like. On your other point though, that their are fewer genres represented, I agree with you.

I picked it up and had the leak for awhile. I actually think this album is better as well. I'm not a huge Gorillaz fan to begin with, but I do have this and the original LP. Fell Good Inc. is easily a better single than what appeared off of the last album (obviously just my opinion) which I think speaks well for the rest of the album as a whole. I think its more cohesive and just better applied. There's a far better division and utilization of the different members too, I think.

[size=1]I haven't bought it [i]just[/i] yet (broke teen -.-) but I've had the leak a while too. On my first listen I thought this was a more out-there album than the first one but yeah. Once you get into the groove of it, I think it is a much better album than the first. It just all fits together better.

Favourite tracks? Feel Good Inc, All Alone and Dirty Harry, probably.[/size]

Demon Days is the only Gorillaz album that I like; I just prefer Danger Mouse over The Automator. The spacey-synthesizers, sequenced drums, and trashy guitar are much more appealing (in my opinion) than the raw sounds of their debut.
When it comes down to which album is "better", it just depends on personal preference.

I thought Demon Days absolutely, totally, unequivically PWN'd the self-titled, G-Sides, [I]and[/I] Laika Come Home. The music was just much more interesting, the production was way better, and the lyrics cover more topics in a more engaging way. I think it dabbles in just as many styles as the self-titled, so I disagree with you there, DeathBug. The self-titled was a good album, but like Leofski said, there were a few songs that just never grew on me. I think that overall Demon Days is their best album. But then again, what do I know? I'm a metalhead. \m/

I picked up Demon Days yesterday, with barely any past knowledge of the Gorillaz, however I was not disappointed in my purchase at all. (It doesn't stand up to The Arcade Fire I bought the day before, of course, but hey: nothing does.) I guess I was drawn in by how utterly adorable the art on the cover is. The art inside the book is highly cute, as well, for the most part. : )

My favourite track would probably be "Don't Get Lost in Heaven", but the whole album is fun and unusually diverse. (I had always thought there had been three separate songs in the orange iPod commercial, until I listened to "Feel Good Inc.", at which point my head might have exploded if it weren't for my having heard Plastilina Mosh in the past.)

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype]I just happened to notice this thread while listening to "Feel Good Inc." I picked up the album when I was down in North Carolina about two weeks ago. I really like this ablum a lot more than the past ones, there was a lot of improvement in this particular album.

I'm curious, did anyone watch the DVD that came along with it? There was the Music Video of "Feel Good Inc." on it with commentary.

I like Murdoc's comments. Heh.

As for my favorites on the album, I would have to say "Feel Good Inc.", "Dare", "El Manana", and "Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head".[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Palatino Linotype][quote name='Leofski']If its the same one I've got there are a lot of British references in though, so others might not "get it" as much.[/quote]

Yeah. I just like the very end with the choppers and Murdoc freaks out.

[SPOILER]"Oh! The Choppers! Ah...back in 'Nam..."[/SPOILER]

Vietnam...that dude is REALLY weird. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

i'll def. agree that demon days is a good album. I don't know if it's because i haven't warmed up to it so much yet, but the first album seems to be better. I mean come on...the variety of music styles spanned from reggae and salsa all the way to hip-hop, rock, and even ragtime...sometimes even combinations of styles. i'll end with this...demon days is a solid album.

[size=1][color=slategray]I have actually not been fortunate enough to get this album yet. But I have been a Gorillaz fan for quite awhile, and I absolutely loved their first album. I've heard a lot of good things about this, and I expect a lot from it. One of my friends got me hooked on "Feel Good Inc", and since I heard that song and heard of the release of this album, I have been eager to get my hands on it.
I really need to just ask someone to take me to the store. I haven't really been outside my house all summer. Unhealthy, I know, but like I care. >>[/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]PPL that listen 2 ALL of Gorillaz song kewl 4 u Ive recenly notic that ppl are whorin the Feel good inc. song that bad cause ppl will kill it fast there are other good songs the have 4 example did any1 listen 2 El manyana in the demon dayz cd if so its a good sond all im sain is if ppl keep whorin of Feel good there gonna ruin the song 4 every body, and besides I bet sum ppl didnt actually listen 2 the 1st cd of Gorillaz LMAO to the new followers that dont kno actually kno the GORILLAZ[/COLOR]

I like [i]Dare[/i] a lot and find that I can listen to the whole album besides the one thats all narration, [i]Fire coming out of the Mountain[/i] I believe its called. Its good to sit and just chill to but other than [i]Feel Good Inc.[/i] I don't think they have much they can make into radio and video singles. That doesn't hurt them in my eyes but It helps for an artist to get promotion and radio play.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][quote name='grecords] [I']I like Dare a lot and find that I can listen to the whole album besides the one thats all narration, Fire coming out of the Mountain I believe its called.[/I][/quote]

I have the CD in my hand...it says [B]Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head[/B]. And I think Darker Alucard meant [B]All Alone[/B].

But yeah, this is one of the few albums that I've bought where I can listen to the entire thing. That makes me happy, you get all your money's worth out of it.[/FONT]

[color=blue][size=1]I picked this album up, along with their self-titled "Gorillaz", only a few days ago, and I've been in love with it ever since. I would've picked up "G-Sides" instead, had it been in stock at the time, because that was the album my cousin had gotten me addicted to. There are a lot more songs on "Demon Days" that I like than on "Gorillaz". I listen to the entire CD over and over (and isn't it weird that I'm listening to them right now, as I type this post?).

My favorite tracks have to be Last Living Souls, O Green World, November Has Come, and DARE. Feel Good Inc., I think, is a good radio single, but not one I need to listen to repeatedly. I love the whole CD, but those are by far the ones I like the most. ^_~[/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#990000][SIZE=1]Gorillaz...I gotta get me some of what they're smoking, lol. Me and my friends agree, and I hope everyone else does as well, but doesn't the intro sound like you're being invaded by little aliens?

Anyway...I love this CD. My best bud loves the Gorillaz, he let me listen to Clint, and I became a major fan. Luckily for me, he owns Demon Days, G-Side, and their self-titled CD, so I burned them. Yays! My fav. songs on Demon Days have to be:

[B][U][[#4]][/U][/B] O Green World (listening to it now...[I]don't desert me now...[/I])
[b][u][[#6]][/u][/b] Feel Good Inc.
[B][U][[#7]][/U][/B] El Manana
[U][B][[#8]][/B][/U] Every Planet We Reach Is Dead (love that beat)
[U][B][[#10]][/B][/U] All Alone
[U][B][[#11]][/B][/U] White Light (alcohol? this song makes no sense.)
[U][B][[#12]][/B][/U] Dare (now I'm listening to this.)
[U][B][[#14]][/B][/U] Don't Get Lost in Heaven ([I]crack on the corner and someone dead, and fire coming out of a mokey's head.[/I] Lol.)

Seems that I've named most of the songs. o_0; Oh well.[/SIZE][/color]