OtakuBoards

Delacroix's Studio

Ezekiel

[SIZE=1]Rawr, cheap-forum-rip-off-title :3

I had Syk3 close my old thread so I could start a new with my latest PSP9 sturff. Now I've only had PSP9 for...two weeks? So I'm still getting used to the awful text options. Not to mention the brushes are so few I have to make my own ^_^; So, without further ado, I give you Delacroix's graphics.

[B]?Revolution[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Revolution.png[/IMG]
[B]Artist:[/B] Garbage
[B]Song:[/B] Sex is not the Enemy

[B]?Radiate Happiness[/B]
[IMG]http://img164.echo.cx/img164/2980/happiness16nv.png[/IMG]
I thought it looked like radioactive waste O_o;

[B]?There's a Time to Lead and a Time to Follow[/B]
[IMG]http://img212.echo.cx/img212/8474/wogcon782231qv.png[/IMG]
[B]Artist:[/B] Papa Roach
[B]Song:[/B] Stop Looking, Start Seeing

[B]?Pretty Girls Make Me Nervous[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/blarg23.png[/IMG]
[B]Artist:[/B] Prozzak
[B]Song:[/B] Pretty Girls

I usually use quotes from the songs I'm listening to as I make the banner, hence the Artist and song title beneath each banner. c&c pwease, and if that bloody .gif hasn't worked I must be missing something >.<

Gah, I just checked the thread and it hadn't worked ;_; I editted the image to match the OBs background colour. Anyone have a clue what's going wrong?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Hmm... well, I'm using Photoshop CS. I find it funny that CS 2 is not only harder to use (as far as texting goes), but there's less to work with than CS, or whatever you were running. Here's the steps I follow to make a .gif transparent.

[1] Save file as [B].gif[/B]. It won't work otherwise.

[2] The prompt "Indexed Colors" should come up. When it does, make sure you have the following settings (They work for me all the time...)

[I]Pallete:[/I] Local (Selective)
[I]Colors:[/I] 256 (I don't think this matters much though.)
[I]Forced:[/I] Black and White (I don't think this matters much either.
Transparency: Checked on.
[I]Matte:[/I] This really doesn't matter. You actually get some awesome effects depending on what it's set on. *makes mental note of this*
[I]Dither:[/I] Diffusion
[I]Amount:[/I] 75%
[I]Preserve Exact Colors:[/I] Checked on, unless you want a messed-up banner.

I'm hoping your version has the same options to select. Hit save. Then, another prompt [should] appear.

Select "Normal." I dunno what "Interlaced" does, and it probably doesn't matter. I'm just giving you the way that works for me.

The file should now be saved. If it's still white, either I messed up, the programs aren't the same, or your background was white, and not checkered (Like it's supposed to be, to represent transparency). I hope it works for you -- it came out looking like this for me:

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/Revolution.gif[/IMG]

---

Now I crit your banners, mu-ha.

[b]Type Revolution[/b] is good. I like the colors scheme and the stock placement. Everything matches, but the only thing bothering me is the little pixel-font, a wanna be Pac-Man imitation which seems to have nothing to do with the banner's theme. I also don't like how you added in hyphens to break up "Revolution." It messes with the word flow, and in general looks less appealing that if it were without them. Did you use the font "04b_21" or something like that? I have it. ^_^

[b]Radiate Happiness[/b] has skillful image extraction, yet again. I don't like the color clash. The girl has a yellow thing going on, while the banner is mostly green. Maybe you should fix it so that the girl's highlights are less yellow, and more green? The next problem is the line on top of the standard banner area. It's kinda white, and lowers the quality of the finished product. But I loooove the background and the typography. What font did you use? I need that one. And did you use brushing for the cloud-like patch on the left? Looks awesome.

[B]Time to Lead//Time to Follow[/B] was probably the lowest of the bunch, as far as quality and aesthetics go. I know it was your intention to make the image blurry and such, but it ended up looking confusing and messy. The blood in the background looks pretty rushed, and needs more patches in the coloring so I can see that it's actually blood, and not a solid red background. The only thing giving it away is the speckles of blood on the left side. Finally, the general rule on banners is all-or-nothing in regard to borders. There is occasionally one who can pull it off well (coughjamescough), but usually it looks confusing and incomplete. Check out Rising Sun's brushy Naruto banner to see what I mean. I love the way the expression matches the bloody hands in the background, and you really ran with the theme of sadness or whatever...

I can't finish the post now, but know that I love your last banner. ^_^[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Thank you dear Retri for your comments. ^_~

I've just finished this and....I like it, kind of. Something looks a little off with it though. Not wrong per se...but...missing. I dunno what it is though. O_o; Retri knows what I'm talking about; I don't think he can place what's missing, either.

Anyway, the first one is the completed image. Second is what it was like when I really thought it looked like something needed doing with it. Also, the actual image of Daisuke (of DNAngel) wasn't really edited then.

I hate the text "options" for PSP9. They must burn and come back like the brilliant, amazing, orgasmic options you have for CS.

?[B]Just to see you smile.[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Seeyousmile2.png[/IMG]

?[B]Not quite finished version.[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Seeyousmile.png[/IMG][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I love the second "Unfinished Version". The colors fit well instead of just all being one color. I can see that you're blending your images a lot better. This one has been one of your best by far.
[B]
Rating: 8.5/10[/B]

I also can not see anything you can improve. But maybe i haven't looked at it hard enough. If i find something i'll message you about it. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I effing love the first one. Much better than the non-finished version.

The way the hair blends to the background is masterful, and the monochrome is a good effect to get rid of the yellow in the second 'unfinished' image. Finally, the typography is simple, yet clean. I absolutely adore it. What's the font name? I [B]need[/B] it.

The second image (can't really call it a banner or a splash) is alright, but the yellow is clashing with the reds, which makes it seem awkward. I'm glad you figured out what was making the image seen off balance on your own.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I'm glad you both like the image, even if your opinions are split, haha. I like both of them, even though the first is preferred because of the way the colours blend. You guys are such a help in making my things better, at least this way I know when I'm doing things right ^_^

The font I used is "Miss Brooks" I got it in the Calligraphy section, I believe.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]Hmm... well, I'm using Photoshop CS. I find it funny that CS 2 is not only harder to use (as far as texting goes), but there's less to work with than CS, or whatever you were running. Here's the steps I follow to make a .gif transparent.

[1] Save file as [B].gif[/B]. It won't work otherwise.

[2] The prompt "Indexed Colors" should come up. When it does, make sure you have the following settings (They work for me all the time...)

[I]Pallete:[/I] Local (Selective)
[I]Colors:[/I] 256 (I don't think this matters much though.)
[I]Forced:[/I] Black and White (I don't think this matters much either.
Transparency: Checked on.
[I]Matte:[/I] This really doesn't matter. You actually get some awesome effects depending on what it's set on. *makes mental note of this*
[I]Dither:[/I] Diffusion
[I]Amount:[/I] 75%
[I]Preserve Exact Colors:[/I] Checked on, unless you want a messed-up banner.

I'm hoping your version has the same options to select. Hit save. Then, another prompt [should] appear.

Select "Normal." I dunno what "Interlaced" does, and it probably doesn't matter. I'm just giving you the way that works for me.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

All that stuff is still in CS2. I'm not sure what you're referring to. The save for web and text stuff remains largely unchanged from previous versions.

Anyway, I like this last image, particularly the one without text. It seems to radiate as if it had a light of its own, which I think is a nice quality.

As for the others, I like the idea of having the character stick out from the banner some. In some cases I think it makes the banner a bit too tall, but it works nicely in others. It does help make them not look like just another square banner you see all the time (like mine lol).

The last one's text is extremely hard to read, though.

[SIZE=1]It's taken me three days to get this image just right ;_;

My PSP9 has also been plotting against me. Twice it's frozen when I'd done a load of work and I hadn't saved >.<

But finally, it is done. The gift for my wonderful, charming, loving partner-Unborn Lord Xion.

You deserve it baby, I just wish I could give you something more.

[B]?Gift for the Master[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/GiftfortheMaster.jpg[/IMG] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I [I]hate[/I] .jpg files. They are Satan incarnate. *grumbles*[/SIZE]

[color=indigo][font=tahoma]Oh. My. God. That is f***ing hot. I love the contrast and brightness, yet the dark and morbid reasoning. She's pretty damned sexy too. The ol'cat and mouse routine is very classy, and very satisfying ^_^ I absolutely love this, Jamies. The colors are amazing, the contrast is a bit pixely (but it adds character), and the cat girl's expression is cute. It's like she's posing with that "Next?" attitude. Beautiful.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]I don't know what to say...other than it's completely badass. Seriously, you rock my world, babe. The background is just...awesome in so many ways. The color scheme is great, and so is the contrast. Also, the extracion is excellent. The catgirl herself is very hot, too, and it's just an cool image overall. Plus the text on my name is...stellar. I need that font for everything, now.

To sum up the above: Thanks for the awesomeness.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1](On ULX present) O_O Geez, Jamie, she competes with Imric! (And you know that coming from me, that's saying something.) I love the colors and the roughness of it. It isn't a sharp image in the sense that the lines are even, but that is a good thing. I lurvs it! You make me envious.[/size]

I Like the image banner whatever you want to call it but you over did the blood effect and almost took away from the wonderful backround. Some parts of the render seems a poorly removed there are white spots that should be touched up but I love it other than that. Im not really feeling this piece and Ive seen much better from you. Thats a harsh post trust me their are also many many many good things about this. SO here I go, I like the Girl she is quite cool the mouse sortof takes away from her "BadAss" Feel but what can you do? I really like that green backround you had but that brush you used for the blood is atroshis, You overdid the stamp and you did not feel. The blur effect is cool and the part at the left bottom the light spot is nice bring that out a bit and I would give you 2 more stars just for that. But Im telling you that blood or red effect is just not working it is taking away from the banner and Its making everything messy in my eyes..... If you just lightened that part up then it would be fantastic.

Id Give it a 6/10 Not bad

Edit: Now I feel bad for saying all those mean nasty things :( Damn now I wont sleep well tonight sorry I hope you don't hate me :) :P ^_^

[SIZE=1]While I can see what you don't like, Ima, all those things (believe it or not) were intentional.

The piece is called "Gift for the Master". Cats are known for bringing mice to their masters as gifts. Ergo-we have a mouse in the pic. It's also a bit of irony thrown in, I guess.

The BG was majorly boring, I wanted quite a bit of the blood effect to make it more interesting, though I probably could have used a better brush.

Pixelly edges suck, and so does being lazy. 'Nuff said.

Now, Sun seemed shocked today when I told him I hadn't been in a graphic making mood...this is why:

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/CrucifixCG.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

I seriously can hardly move my right hand now, but it was worth it.

This is my second ever CG and I think it's a vast improvement on my last one. Only thing I don't like it the line-art, I need to find out how in the world to make it less bitty...maybe Epsilon (my goddess and idol) can help me if she sees this. I am investing in a tablet soon, though, maybe that will help me keep my lines smooth instead of this awful mouse >.<

c&c very much appreciated.

Note: The character is called Crucifix and she is a variation on my Imi character. She was especially created from an idea Unborn Lord Xion had, I hope she came up to his initial expectation of her. (Original design colours modified, of course.)[/SIZE]

[color=darkslategray][size=1]I should of looked at this thread earlier...^_^; I really like the artwork in here. So, I'm going to comment on your latest piece, like it or not.

[b]Crucifix:[/b]
For your second CG, I'd have to say good work. I'll agree, the edges are a bit grainy, and sometimes uneven (If just by the smallest mark...). But if you don't focus on that, and the art inside of it, you'll see that you did a great job, especially with the texture, and the hair.

Good choice of colors too.

[b][i]Overall Rating:[/b][/i] 7.8/10[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Thanks for bumping up the thread, Ichigo. Everyone's been ignoring me *sad*

Anyway, I've recently been obsessed with both Anji Mito and Yakushi Kabuto, so I done a couple of images for the latter.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/naruto_kabuto0010.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/naruto_kabuto0017.png[/IMG]

c&c please. I actually have quite a few more graphics I made...but since no one's been commenting I can't post them all.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I luff the CG babe. Why didn't it turn up in my dA watches? I should spank you. But I won't cause your boyfriend is around and he might get ******. :-P

Your work is gorgeous dahlink, I especially like your CG (like duh _^_; ). The cut-out effect is a bit tedious after a while on the starting banners, but they rock anyway. Your two latest don't do much for me, but, alas, one will get that. Overall you do [i]good stuff[/i]. ^_^

Also: Come on AIM more often.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]I'd just like to say that I absolutely love the first one (Of Kabuto) It's amazing how you used such a character with pink and made it look good.

But on a not-so-happy note, I noticed a few... Mistakes? Or were they on purpose? Well, I notice there are a few random, pixelated splotches on his hair and on his face. That could have been used to make it look grungy, but how it was done just doesn't fit this image, if you even meant to do that at all.

Another thing, look around the edges of his face. The background is kinda... Leaking into his outline. You did a good job with it in his hair, but not-so-good on his face. It just looks messy.

Other than that, I just loves it. 8/10

I love the second one as well, it just isn't as appealing as the first because of the usage of pink.

This one would have looked much better if the stock would have been above the white stuff. The bg just eats him up! It's really a nice piece, but that could be worked on. I'll comment more on it later, I have to go to work.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1]Thank you both for your comments ^_^ I really appreciate it. 'Suka-chan, I see what you're saying. I wanted him to blend in with the background, but I should have gotten rid of the majority of the white stuff covering him. I may go back and edit it again.

I've just finished this one, and I know it's simple and not the kind of stuff I usually do...but it has more of an emotional meaning to it and there's a long story and reason behind it that I'm sure none of you want to hear, heh.

[B]?Please forgive me, I carry too many scars.[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/scars.png[/IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Wooooow. This time, you need to teach me!

I don't like the blurry background much, but then again, I don't know exactly what to tell you to put there in its stead. Maybe just black would be fine. The typography is fine, but "Please forgive me" is a bit pixelly on the stroke. And the blood, please teach me the ways. That's full-out awesome. Go team you![/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Thanks Retri ^_^; I told you on AIM about the blood, next time you come online I could send you the pictures I used, if you'd like?

I went on a mad "mini-graphic" making splurge. I like them, they were fun to do... not too bothered about high levels of critique on these, and I know the typography sucks on some, there wasn't much I could do.

Anyways, these are all dedications to some of my best friends here, I'm still making more, so if you're not there at the moment, don't worry ^_^;;

[B]Rising Sun[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/sun.png[/IMG]

[B]Unborn Lord Xion[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Xion.png[/IMG]

[B]Sean[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/sean.png[/IMG]

[B]Retribution[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/retri.png[/IMG]

[B]Goddess[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/goddess.png[/IMG]

[B]Boo[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Boo.png[/IMG]

This was another random graphic, I have a load more, won't bore you with them though....yet. ^_^;

[B]Butterflies[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/butterflies.png[/IMG][/SIZE]

[color=blue][size=1]Hiya Gurt! <33 (^_~)

Ahh! So cute! x3 I'm offended that my name isn't there, though.. (Just kidding. =P) I really like them, though. I, too, had a small obsession with mini banners a while ago.. I refuse to post them, however, because they're crap. xD Anyway..

I really love them. They just.. work. It's hard to describe how well they flow together. And though they're all similar, they're all different. Gah. I love 'em. @_@ [b]9/10[/b] for the bunch. ^_~

The [b]Butterflies[/b] graphic is cool. I love the colors, and the butterflies in there are very well done (though I'm guessing you used brushes for them, but that's fine). My one problem with it is that to the left, it's a bit sketchy. Other than that, it's great. [b]8/10[/b]

You've inspired me to do something.. You shall see the results soon. Mwahaha... >:^D[/size][/color]

[font=Trebuchet MS][color=DarkSlateGray]You have PSP9?!?!?!? *dances* I have PSP8, so it's finally nice to see somebody else around here that uses PSP instead of PS.

I guess I can do some grand-sweeping critique of most all of your stuff before this set. I. Lurve. Everything. ^__^ The banners where the stock rises above the actual background are amazing. If you can ever catch me on AIM, I can teach you how to make it to where your background is clear. It's pretty easy. [b]AIM: il never forget6[/b] PSP9 should be about the same as 8. Just a few upgrades are all that is different.

I really like those last ones that you did. They are all colorful, and small banners like that are so cute. ^__^ I really like the one you did for Rising Sun. The colors and the general picture they make are really nice. I also like the colors for Sean's. Wait....hahahahahha....that effect with the dots and such....*points at her own sig* It just hit me where I'd seen it before. ^__~ I actually really like the butterfly banner that you did. It's simple, but at the same time the randomness is really pretty. So wonderful.[/color][/font]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]I use PSP, too! (I have 7. I just got 8 recently, but haven't used it out of attatchment to 7...)

Imi, I just love all of your work. You are getting better and better and I do hope you keep it up ^_^

The mini banner things are probably my favorites out of everything you've done.(I really like Xion and Retri) I have nothing bad to say about any of these banners because they absolutely rock.

Please fogive me-
Wow, I love how you did the blood on that. Absolutely amazing. I would suggest maybe having just a solid red on the Please Forgive Me font and a more clear one on the other. That is the only critique I have on these (The black bg is a teensy bit bland, but it works with the image not against it ~_^)

Keep it up![/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1]Thanks a lot for all the nice comments, all of you; I have been neglecting this thread even though I have loads of things to post. No more mini banners for now, I want to do another batch before I post them and currently I've only done two more.

Anyway, here's a few more things. One CG, a photo manipulation, one VERY random graphic and my first graphic that was almost all vector.

[B]?Hitchhike[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/forest.png[/IMG]

[B]?Post-Apocalypse[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/blarg_blarg.png[/IMG]

[B]?Renji[/B]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/renji.png[/IMG]

[B]?Nozomi Hikari[/B]-This was done for ULXs Bleach RP (check it out if you like the anime)
[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/AzureImi/Nozomi.png]Click[/URL][/SIZE]