OtakuBoards

Which anime u think has the best story

egutsu

Hey i just wanted too know others opinions on what anime has the best story. I think in my opinion berserk the anime has a good story and great character devolopment. Im hoping for a second season.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I'd say the best story would be in Cowboy Bebop. Sure, they have the random bounties everywhere, but it's fun to watch the trio go out and see what they can catch. ^.^ Also, [spoiler] near the end of the series, after Julia dies [/spoiler] the character development is amazing. All throughout the series, in fact, the characters do grow, in their own ways. Not only is the animation some of the best out there, but the plot and events and, yes, the storyline, are all very interesting. [/FONT] [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
I would have to say that Rurouni Kenshin has a really good storyline, especially the first two story arcs, Wandering Swordsman and Legend of Kyoto.

It has its share of action, it's set in the Meiji era, which can give you some insight of the historical sense, and the characters are so good that you fall in love with them the minute they appear and you watch the whole series watching them grow. As someone who has seen all the series, even Samurai X, I can safely say that this is one of the best stories in anime history.

[size=1]Out of the 'kiddy' animes that I have watched, Digimon Tamers (Season 3) had the best storyline and character development. Sure, some of the eps seemed to be below average, but the originality of it is rather amazing. The way that Guilmon doesn't Digivolve to the Champion level till a good ways into the series was a new kick to the series.[/size]
[size=1][/size]
[size=1]Another good anime series storyline WAS Dragonball Z. It seemed almost amazing up till around the Garlic Jr. Saga. After that, it kinda went downhill. More powerful enemies come up. Some Saiyan becomes stronger than them and beats them. The only good thing about the rest of the series was the battles. I'm not downgrading the series, but the Saiyan/Namek/Frieza Sagas were the best, especially with the history of the Saiyans. The battle of Goku and Vegeta was the best through the series, in my opinion, and the pure adrenaline that I get when I watch Goku go Super Saiyan while fighting Frieza. The beginning series was one of the best.[/size]

[font=Times]One of my favorite storylines in anime/manga is Ranma 1/2's. I just like how original it is. A boy and his father fall into cursed springs in China and from then on turn into a girl and a panda? It's great how many adventures and enemies they make just because of this alone. It's not the best story, but it's really entertaining and funny.[/font]

Guest Stealth_Knight
Wolf's Rain had an excellent story. Great character development. The story moves along at a good pace and doesn't feel rushed or dragged on. Just what the characters do to get by and reach paradise is moving.

I would have to say my favorite story would have to be Samurai X. It was made shortly after the show "Rurouni Kenshin." Samurai X is based on the time when Kenshin was a little boy,to the time he was a man slayer, then a wanderer, and then to his death.

I have to say, it is the SADEST OVA I have ever seen, but the greatest. You really begin to love the characters and feel as if they are all real. I recommend everyone to see it. But I must warn you, if you are sensitive to shows with killing and splattering blood every where :animeswea.....then just dont watch "Trust" but "betrayal" and "reflection" are safe enough :catgirl:

Tsubasa Chronicle. Syaoran, an archaeologist, and Sakura, the princess of the Kingdom of Clow, are the best of friends, perhaps even more than just friends. Not having the chance the day before to tell Syaoran that she loved him, Sakura made a visit to the excavation site where he was working. A symbol of gigantic proportions had been found on the ground of one of the underground tunnels. Sakura, upon touching the strange emblem, lost all of her heart and memories. She became an empty shell, unconscious. Syaoran's mission: journey through different worlds and dimensions in order to find Sakura's memories. -^^- yeah, it is really cool.

I cannot BELIEVE that no one has said Fullmetal Alchemist! Ach!

If this show doesn't make you cry or at least feel sad, you are friggin cold. The horribly realistic things that happen to these charachters are crazy. Its like playing a survival horror game, but with good voice actors and some funny moments. The charachters majorly develop from carefree hopefull junior alchemists, to hopless terrified masters of Alchemy, to all powerfull.. I think you get it.

Think Berserk without the insane amouts of gore.

[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude]I cannot BELIEVE that no one has said Fullmetal Alchemist! Ach!

If this show doesn't make you cry or at least feel sad, you are friggin cold. The horribly realistic things that happen to these charachters are crazy. Its like playing a survival horror game, but with good voice actors and some funny moments. The charachters majorly develop from carefree hopefull junior alchemists, to hopless terrified masters of Alchemy, to all powerfull.. I think you get it.

Think Berserk without the insane amouts of gore.[/QUOTE]
Full Metal Alchemist did have a great story, but I think the best belongs to Gungrave. It's got revenge, plot twists, and even a little romance, what's not to love?

[quote name='Midboss']Full Metal Alchemist did have a great story, but I think the best belongs to Gungrave. It's got revenge, plot twists, and even a little romance, what's not to love?[/quote]

I didn't really like Gungrave the show as it doesn't live up to the game its based on, which is all about shooting everything and fighting huge bionic freaks.

I would also like to nominate S'cry'ED as it has lovable charachters and a great, twisting storyline. I don't like the manga though...

[quote name='ThatOneOddDude']I didn't really like Gungrave the show as it doesn't live up to the game its based on, which is all about shooting everything and fighting huge bionic freaks.[/quote]
Yeah, but if it did that, it would be Trigun...sans the dead guys. Then he'd be further ripping himself off

Samurai Champloo and Rurouni Kenshin are great, but I'm gonna have to say Fullmetal Alchemist is the best. It is very realistic. Trust me, I know.) And I don't care if you criticize me about saying this(because I'll just criticize you back), but, anyways, I'm a State Alchemist, and I am completely 100% honest. The alchemy in FMA is [I]real[/I] alchemy. I know what you're going to say, though, but This definition, the art of making cures and other elixirs and making base metals into gold,
is the definition for the Ancient Egyptian practice of [I]Al-khemi[/I] which was made an art by priests who wanted to become powerful and rich. But, when common people saw this word, they mistook it for the word [I]alchemy[/I] and used that definition. Almost every website, text, and other source says this. How do I know this? Because, like I said, I'm a State Alchemist who is stationed in Germany. You nver hear about them on the news because two reasons:
1: The American Military doesn't have a State Alchemist force.
2: We are elites, so our work is highly confidential(we can tell you what we are, we just can't tell you what we [I]do[/I].)

Anyways, that's why FMA's story is the best.

i'd say...azumanga daioh and mai hime

both shows have got an original storyline. as you watch the entire show, you watch as they grow up(or remain the same) and mature yet keep the child in them. as the show ends, you feel sad that you can't follow them longer and for azumanga daioh, although the drawing sucks, you feel depressed that they actually have to face the real world and stop living in their dreamworld where they have been till graduating from school

[quote name='Stealth_Knight']Wolf's Rain had an excellent story. Great character development. The story moves along at a good pace and doesn't feel rushed or dragged on. Just what the characters do to get by and reach paradise is moving.[/quote]

Is it April Fools' Day late? Because that certainly sounds like the polar opposite of what I saw in Wolf's Rain.

[quote name='egutsu']Hey i just wanted too know others opinions on what anime has the best story. I think in my opinion berserk the anime has a good story and great character devolopment. Im hoping for a second season.[/quote]

I would have to say the anime with the best story would have to be Full Metal Alchemist. That story actually has meaning and sacrifice where they are sacrificing so much to gain something. I think it is one of the most realistic stories because we all do that everyday and they took an anime and did it. Not to mention the anime is just good. I had it on cd before it ever came out in america and if you think full metal alchemist is a bad anime than you dont know what good anime is.

Another anime that had an excellent story is Wolf's Rain that story is just fricken amazing that whole anime is just amazing.

Guest juzzam
I would have to choose Evangelion or Akira.
Evangelion starts off with your typical mech storyline, but every 10 episodes thee story seems to get a whole lot deeper. Alot of people say the endings bad, but I disagree. The series wasnt about the Angels it was about Shinji and his emotional struggle.
[QUOTE]'And the evil, invading Angels? Oh, they've gone. This was never about them, it was about Shinji, the pilot sent to fight them. These episodes take place inside his head, as he thinks through his place in the universe.'[/QUOTE]

Akira is another one people complain about having gaps in the storyline, but theyre there to make you think about it and not just have all the answers laid out in front of you, espeacially the ending

[QUOTE=juzzam]I would have to choose Evangelion or Akira.
Evangelion starts off with your typical mech storyline, but every 10 episodes thee story seems to get a whole lot deeper. Alot of people say the endings bad, but I disagree. The series wasnt about the Angels it was about Shinji and his emotional struggle.[/QUOTE]

Um, if you are going to quote something, you should at least attribute the quote to that thing. You don't want to sound like a bad school lunch menu.

And you're right. The show was about Shinji's emotional struggle. And the last two episode did not resolve his emotional struggle. They were just wallowing him in self-pity and expect us to believe that his mental defeat is positive. The first 24 episodes and movies allowed us to view Shinji from an outsider perspective and thus gave us more sympathy for him because we knew that he was only destroying himself.

[QUOTE=PAche]i'd say...azumanga daioh and mai hime

both shows have got an original storyline. as you watch the entire show, you watch as they grow up(or remain the same) and mature yet keep the child in them. as the show ends, you feel sad that you can't follow them longer and for azumanga daioh, although the drawing sucks, you feel depressed that they actually have to face the real world and stop living in their dreamworld where they have been till graduating from school[/QUOTE]Azumanga Daioh strikes a lot of people as a bunch of random scenes which simply share the same characters and follow a linear timeline... but there is a very nice story in there about Sakaki and Chiyo and how and why they become friends.

My favorite story is R.O.D The TV because it gives out with straightforward action in the style of American comic books (Kiddy Grade is similar). I get kind of cranky when I have to sit through the umpteenth mystical leveling-up scene in the average action series. R.O.D doesn't have that stuff.

Outlaw Star had a very good story line in my opinion. Gene forms his quirky crew and keeps his promises and becomes a better person, but not yet wholly complete because as a grappler pilot, he still has to earn a name for himself, but his reputation already exceeds him.

Similar to Outlaw Star is Cowboy Bebop as someone once earlier said.
Pick any Gundam series, my favorites being the original and the G Gundam (0080 was meh, but enjoyable), and you'll find philosiphical undertones on war and atonement as well as bad *** mechs.

As a last resort, refer to the many highly acclaimed Miyazaki movies being distributed by Disney: Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service and his latest Howl's Moving Castle, which i havent seen yet :animecry:

I can't beleive all this crap anime you guys are talking about evangelion Yes, Fullmetal Alchemist yes, but Wolfs rain? please you people make me all sick to my stomach. I watched one epsiode of wolf's rain which my friend showed me as i was highly amused :animesmil (What a load of crap)

Where all the GOOD anime or the unknown anime like Sukisho? that was a good storyline and Gundam wing?. There are so many good storylines out there, like excel saga, even thought were not quiet sure what the storyline was there but it shaped it's self up in the end. Sakiono seems to have a good plot as well. I would say Fooly cooly but gods knows waht happened in that anime.

And can i just say one thing about evangelion, it was not about the mechas it was about shinji and his relationships with the people around and how a them see him as a person and how people thunk. I see a review about evangelion on theotaku saying it was basically in lamens term all about the mechas that shows like Raxphon or whatever it's called are just copy it. Well does this show have a sad little boy who was dumped by his father when he was a kid and a mum that got her soul joined with a eva?, i highly think not.

Guest Kakashi-San
[quote name='Lolita Izumi][COLOR=Blue][FONT=Arial]I love Full Metal Alchemist's story line. :animesmil[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

I totally agree Fullmetal Alchemist has a great Story ;) but i think for me one of the best Story has[B] Konjiki no Gashbell[/B] (up to 51 episodes that i saw)