OtakuBoards

Which anime u think has the best story

egutsu

Omgies... so many good animes and mangas so little time!

Fushigi Yugi has an awesome storyline and awesome characters and character development.

Paradise Kiss has a great storyline and hilarious characters with development

Marmalade Boy is awesome

Kodocha is fantabulous

Legend of Basara is wowwow awesome!

and Red River and is omgiesfantabulous!

I'm Going to talk to you about some Animes Pointed out here, and then talk about my opinions.

About Digimon: Digimon is... not deep. with the background story a bit like Hack's Online game story and the storyline a misture of Pokemon (these 2 digimon and pokemon keep tryin to outbest each other) and DragonBall (there's allwaya a Bigger, Larger, or Fatter enemy)

About Rourouni Kenshin: It's a good samurai story with a very nice plot and some character development

About R.O.D : I never saw but if KG is ssimilar than is preety good. in a ship travel universe with a policial organization of people with extra-sensor powers. very nice plot.

The anime with the Best Plot is Medabots!!! i'm kiddin'. The anime with the deepest plot, storyline and twists is Last Exile wich is at the beggining thinking as the life of two messenger in a future world wher pure water is rare [spoiler] Becomes a twisted plot that messes with the gods themselves [/spoiler]

[CENTER][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][i]My Top 5 Favorites[/i]

5.) Naruto. Ninjas are always a plus to any storyline, but I think Naruto puts a cool lil' twist on Ninjas in general. Very nifty plot here.

4.) FMA. I like how it shows from time to time that no matter how much you sacrifice, certain things just aren't meant to be.

3.) Fushigi Yuugi. Very good character depth, nice storyline, and romance. That's two thumbs WAY up in my book.

2.) Chobits. I really like the entire idea of the show and manga. I won't give away spoilers or anything, but I feel that it's a very sweet anime with amazing characters, mysteries as to Chii's origin and a case deeper than just a regular memory loss. I really REALLY love it to death.

1.) Any and all Miyazaki movies. (i.e., Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Tortoro, Castle in the Sky, etc...) They are simply amazing storylines that take you on great adventures and involve amazing magic and in some cases, even romance. Each and every movie is unique but they're the same in a way that makes Miyazaki movies different from all others. Definately my favorite storylines are any of the the Mayazaki movies. :3[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

• 5 weeks later...
If I were to pick the best anime storyline it would have to be Neon Genisis Evangelian

It wins my vote because of how they take a simple story, destroy attacking monsters in giant robot, and made it amazingly deep and involving. They have numerous plot twists, every character has some kind of back story and the whole idea of where it ends is a little creepy in a lose-lose kind of way.

That's not to say that it's the only good one, it's just my favorite. I also enjoy Outlaw Star( can you tell), S-cry-ED, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, FLCL, Madlax, and I even like DBZ

[quote name='egutsu']Hey i just wanted too know others opinions on what anime has the best story. I think in my opinion berserk the anime has a good story and great character devolopment. Im hoping for a second season.[/quote]
wel if ur talkin bout the STORYLINE then i woul say Inuyasha.itz pretty deep..but i would say the best anime iz probably ruroni kenshin/samurai X cuz the storyline iz great!!n i like th way they put some history of japan in 2 it.itz pretty cool n i hav watched som japanese history dramas in japanese cuz im japanese n RK/SX plot rely fits!!Fruits Basket iz great 2 made me cry n Gundam Seed made me cry so does that mean they're good? or iz it jus me?

• 1 month later...
I'd have to say my favorites include S-cry-ed, Evangelian, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

S-cry-ed just has amazing characters and my favorite is Kazuma ( No last name neccesary). Heres a guy who relies entirely on himself. Any charater that can such absoulute faith in himself is a true bad *** in my book and deserves recognition. Plus Shell bullet is the coolest alter power ( Try and deny it).

Next is Evangelian. Heres a series with deep involving plot where true evil exists. And not that fake evil you get in most anime, I mean real world dark hateful evil. I mean any anime where a grown woman strangles a small child to death is pure evil. enough said, this series has one of the deepest plots of any anime, and is noted for the rather controversial opening to the end of Evangelian as well. Those of you who have seen it know what I talking about.

Finally we have Fullmetal Alchemist. this is yet again a series with great identifiyable characters ( Where as S-cry-ed had more inspiring characteres). this is one where you can relate and feel the pain of the characters even if your not anime otaku. Their are no simple or boring characters everyone has a story to them and it's anime like that that ends up getting rememberd for times to come.

That about sums it up. Story wise these are some of the best there are in my opinion. If you haven't seen them yet, Find and watch them. I command you.

I could not decide on the best part, but my favorites are definitely samurai x, ngevangelion and elfen lied. The reasons i think were already explained for samurai x and ngevangelion, but noone mentioned about elfen lied.

Elfen lied's story feels so complete despite the fact that it was a 13 episode series.
The characters are diverse and interesting each with a sort of tough childhood period. Questions about friendship, love, being a family fills the air while tons of blood spills around. Each episode is breathtaking, never slow, never too emotional. I especially loved the way they did not over-dramatized what happened to mayu. One of the best things was also they didnot make the main characters to be complete evil or saint-like. I would love it even more if the "bad" people of the story could be explained more (like how the son got those horn like things as lucy). The ending was one of expected and yet it was never boring and dissappointing.

I really think that Neon Genesis Evangelion takes the Sushi on the best storyline........ The Move End of Evangelion warped my mind and blew me away with all it's crazy theories and philosophy.. Wouldn't it be cool if the world really ended that way? I mean, who wouldn't want to see a huge, angel-Rei in the sky, kinda Hott!!! J.k. ^^ hehe

[QUOTE=Darker Alucard]

The anime with the Best Plot is Medabots!!! i'm kiddin'. The anime with the deepest plot, storyline and twists is Last Exile wich is at the beggining thinking as the life of two messenger in a future world wher pure water is rare [spoiler] Becomes a twisted plot that messes with the gods themselves [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

No way, it is so Yugioh! lol, I can't believe you're the only one who said Last Exile! Come on. That show is awsome, on every note. I mean, I haven't seen too many anime, but this one really stands out to me. The whole plot, storyline, and everything is amazing, let alone the animation. Holding back spoilers is hard for me, with this show especially, but I'll manage. lol