OtakuBoards

ph4k -r me senselss. [warning included +img heavy]

Annie

[color=red][font=tahoma][b]Warning[/b]- Some of these images will be upsetting, disturbing, grotesque, and many other obscene adjectives. Please don't look at the images if you are easily upset with blood and/or lewd morbid/gothic themes.
[/color][/font]

[color=black][font=tahoma]I want to let everyone know right now that this is art, do try and look at the images with an artistic mind. Each of them have a meaning. Though, it may be upsetting to look at (some of them), think about what they mean to you. They may seem negative, but I am looking for a positive meaning (and one is quite humorous, if you really think about it XD). All of the graphics I'm posting now are influenced either by things that I've been struggling with in my personal life or what I've seen others going through. [b]I also would like to add, to all who take this personally, please PM me.[/b] If you feel you want to talk deeper beyond the PM, I'll give you my AIM/MSN screen name and we can discuss our problem/questions there.

Some of these, I'll just post without the link because they aren't as dark and depressing ^^ The ones that are just linked, that's where the warning jumps into play. If you see just a link, and don't want to see why there's a warning, then don't click it.

[list][*][url=http://img171.echo.cx/img171/9982/kom4oz.jpg][b][color=red]Kill the Moment[/color][/b][/url]

[*] [b]Your Christ (in my heart)[/b]
[img]http://img94.echo.cx/img94/4564/love3ym.jpg[/img]

[*] [b]Mr. Superstar[/b]
[img]http://img94.echo.cx/img94/6445/oranm5wy.jpg[/img]

[*] [b]Target: Engaged[/b]
[img]http://img270.echo.cx/img270/619/pinkmanson0gt.jpg[/img]

[*] [url=http://img94.echo.cx/img94/4016/seeme27cu.jpg][b][color=red]See me?[/color][/b][/url][/font][/list][/color]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#332E1D]Nice stuff, Annie-chan. I'll comment on each one seperately I think.

[b]Kill the Moment:[/b] I'm not really sure what to say about this one. It seems like a very bleak image to me. It [i]almost[/i] seems to be referring to someone who had their innocence stolen...or who has been forced into a situation where they've lost their dignity. It comes across like a wounded animal, or something along those lines. Something innocent that's been harmed.

[b]Your Christ (in my heart):[/b] This one has some nice editing and I like the fusion of the heart and the cross. The fact that the cross is backwards is perhaps telling...maybe suggesting that you could only love that symbol if its meanings are reversed.

Alternatively, it looks as though the cross might be piercing the heart and causing it to bleed. Christianity causing heartbreak? I can relate.

[b]Mr. Superstar:[/b] This one seems more simple than the others, in terms of message. But I like it - I like the colouring and the silhouette-type effect that you've generated here. It's simple but bold and well-emphasized.

[b]Target: Engaged:[/b] This one's great. I assume that this refers to Marilyn Manson as a target, particularly of the religious right (funny how the targeting reticule is a cross, hm?) That particular image of Manson is from The Beautiful People, I believe. And that song obviously relates to a rejection of religious dogma, among other things.

At the same time, he looks somewhat innocent in that picture. There is almost a sad inevitability about this image. It reminds me of the line "nothing's gonna change the world". That thought is a little depressing.

[b]See me?:[/b] The editing on this image is great - good use of colour here. It looks as though this character's wrist is pierced and they are sitting in front of a cross...which has obvious connotations. The fact that they're holding a camera is also interesting.

To me, it suggests a kind of commercialization of religion, for lack of a better word. Or perhaps the way religion can commercialize/trivialize people. I'm really not sure, but there does seem to be some kind of indication there - a meaning beyond what is obvious. Perhaps you can clarify your intentions about that for me. ~_^

Anyway, these are all great. I'd love to see more work like this in this forum - stuff other than banners, anyway. I mean, it would be nice to see more experimental work in general. Very good stuff[/color][/font]

i dont really [I]get[/I] what your pictures meant.all i saw was a gothic and depressed feel with a few crosses around.my guess is you're christian, right?maybe not after all, considering the way you put the crosses...

anyway one thing for sure, they are great work, requiring a lot of effort and time, i can see that.you have a unique style others will find hard to copy, unlike others you set the style, not follow it.

:D not a very good review, i know, but hey, i tried.keep it up, you can go far :p

[font=tahoma][color=navy]First of all, thank you, Jeh-sempai. Hearing back from people really helps out; it gives me motivation, and urges me to do even better in what I'm tyring to accomplish. So, to give you more of a clarification behind the meanings:[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium][color=#332E1D]
[b]Kill the Moment:[/b] I'm not really sure what to say about this one. It seems like a very bleak image to me. It [i]almost[/i] seems to be referring to someone who had their innocence stolen...or who has been forced into a situation where they've lost their dignity. It comes across like a wounded animal, or something along those lines. Something innocent that's been harmed.[/font][/color][/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]Although that was very interesting, and I didn't even think of that, that really wasn't what I was aiming for. Bravo for bringing up that idea! That probably had a deeper meaning than what I had in mind creating this one ^_^

My thoughts behind this one were kind of comical. As wickedly morbid as that seems, but it's visible when I explain. All right, it's basically hitting at how ironic lust/passion can be if you simply forget/ignore the possibility that you cannot have that set lust/passion. I used this image to symbolize the menstral period in a woman's body because it was the simplest way to explain that reason. Let's say you and this chick are getting all worked up, aroused and playful. In her lust, she overlooks--or is unaware (which happens)--her bodily functions.

It kills the moment, yes? Most definitely. It was an (as Retribution said over an AIM convo) "in your face", disgusting, and disturbing symbol.

Your thoughts on the image were rather innocent and slightly cleaner than mine, hehe. Which, would suit more people better than my ideas, lol. [/color][/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium][color=#332E1D][b]Your Christ (in my heart):[/b] This one has some nice editing and I like the fusion of the heart and the cross. The fact that the cross is backwards is perhaps telling...maybe suggesting that you could only love that symbol if its meanings are reversed.

Alternatively, it looks as though the cross might be piercing the heart and causing it to bleed. [u]Christianity causing heartbreak?[/u] I can relate.[/color][/font][/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]The cross being upside-down is one of many symbols of anti-christ/sacrilege. Being that, along with the tainted heart, this image gives off sort of two messages. One of which, and the main one, you pegged right on the head, and I'll explain that a bit later. The other message pertains to the upside-down cross and bleeding/tainted heart. And you can understand this, James, as I've discussed this with you a few times. Being tempted by the Anti-Christ has tainted me. Yet, the heart bleeds, or cries. All the signs are there, darkness, blood, horns portruding from the top of the heart, the upside-down cross. But, there is that halo that still resignates. Confusion. Which leads into the main point.

I underlined "Christianity causing heartbreak?" because it's just that. No matter where I ran to for comfort in Christianity, I found myself running away after I got there. I received no comfort in any religion I saw into. It seemed as though it couldn't help, and I started to walk down a darker path. How funny, religion is supposed to save you? When in some cases, like me, it only turns those who seek it into demons for their ridicule. Heartbreaking, yes? I thought so.

That's my reason behind that graphic.[/color][/font]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium][color=#332E1D][b]Mr. Superstar:[/b] This one seems more simple than the others, in terms of message. But I like it - I like the colouring and the silhouette-type effect that you've generated here. It's simple but bold and well-emphasized.[/color'][/font][/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]Hehe, yeah. There wasn't a message behind this one, lol. I was just playing around with brushes I made, and a new font trick I learned from Jamie ^_^ (thank you, sweety). I love orange, and the original picture of this is him in a grey suit, black shirt, and orange tie. So, I just played around :p[/color][/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium][color=#332E1D][b]Target: Engaged:[/b] This one's great. I assume that this refers to Marilyn Manson as a target, particularly of the religious right (funny how the targeting reticule is a cross, hm?) That particular image of Manson is from The Beautiful People, I believe. And that song obviously relates to a rejection of religious dogma, among other things.

At the same time, he looks somewhat innocent in that picture. There is almost a sad inevitability about this image. It reminds me of the line "nothing's gonna change the world". That thought is a little depressing.[/font][/color][/quote]

[font=tahoma][color=navy]Precisely, and yes, it's from The Beautiful People..which works well with the message, in a twisted way. Manson is probably religion's biggest target, next to Lucifer and all his "evil" deeds, feh. And it's sad to think that Manson (Brian Warner) is such a target because, inadvertently, religion was somewhat responsible. It's not fair to attack and attempt to destroy something that was created by your own fear and hate; and that's what I meant for this image.

Yes, it happens all the time to anyone around any part of the world. But I wanted to focus on Manson because 1) I'm a fangirl, and 2) it's easier to signify (well, for me to signify). [/color][/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium][color=#332E1D][b]See me?:[/b] The editing on this image is great - good use of colour here. It looks as though this character's wrist is pierced and they are sitting in front of a cross...which has obvious connotations. The fact that they're holding a camera is also interesting.

To me, it suggests a kind of commercialization of religion, for lack of a better word. Or perhaps the way religion can commercialize/trivialize people. I'm really not sure, but there does seem to be some kind of indication there - a meaning beyond what is obvious. Perhaps you can clarify your intentions about that for me. ~_^[/font][/color][/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]I wanted to touch on suicide with this picture, da'ling. ^_^; Let me make this statement clear, I do [b]not[/b] agree with suicide, and I do [b]not[/b] support the idea. That is to say, I won't support it if the person is idiotic with the ideal. Which is the meaning of this picture.

"See me?" is hinting at the idea that some kids/people commit suicide to grab attention. That is a moronic ideal because after you're dead, you can't gather that attention. Then, you leave all these people to suffer, and that idea is spiteful and selfish. The girl in the picture has a punctured wrist and stares up at you with a camera in hand. "See this? See what you've done? Now you can see how anguished and pained I am! Now you will suffer with that 'guilt', because you can't save me now. Take that." That's what I gather from most suicides. And that's what I meant for this picture.

Killing yourself, especially for attention, is the worst possible way to die, I think. It's selfish and spiteful, and completely cowardice and immature.

I hope that cleared things for you, Jeh-kun. And thanks again for your critique.[/color][/font]

well from your own analysis, i think i was kinda too used to blood and gore to actually notice those parts :D i've seen roadkills, one girl dead from a successful scuicide attempt and pretty bad injuries that might need the body part to be amputated if possible.so a punctured arm(in see me?)...is rather minor.maybe you could make it a slit?

[quote name='PAche']my guess is you're christian, right?maybe not after all, considering the way you put the crosses...[/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]O_o...no, I'm not Christian. It's something I'm struggling with, that is the reason behind that graphic. [/font][/color]

[quote name='PAche']well from your own analysis, i think i was kinda too used to blood and gore to actually notice those parts :D i've seen roadkills, one girl dead from a successful scuicide attempt and pretty bad injuries that might need the body part to be amputated if possible.so a punctured arm(in see me?)...is rather minor.maybe you could make it a slit?[/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]I would think that a puncture wound would be just as effective as a slit. If not more damaging. Anyway, the message wasn't supposed to be "OMG! Gore!!". It's a subtleness that has to be looked into. Well, my last post kind of gave it away, but I hope you get my drift.

Thank you for your complements, and I'll try to put out some more graphics soon.[/color][/font]

I like the images quite nice indeed deep but it seems like youve just messed with filters in PS added a few brush strokes maybe some curves and color balance. Don't get me wrong these are very nice and are of great skill but as I said a little, how should I put this? Not of my style. I like bright vivid colors, black is a good color if used right and it has to have another bright color backing it. Black can represent two things, Darkness, And Light yes I know what light? Yes it can if you just look at banners. This Black represents Darkness and It is not of my style. Great job I would for sure give you a 7/10 Each image is unique and shows a certain perspective.

[quote name='Ima']I like the images quite nice indeed deep but it seems like youve just messed with filters in PS added a few brush strokes maybe some curves and color balance.[/quote]

[font=tahoma][color=navy]Oh, don't tell me you've never tinkered with the filter option, lol. Not everyone knows the tricks/works of the program. I'm still learning it. And I think I'm doing good for a Photoshop virgin, thank you.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Ima'] I like bright vivid colors, black is a good color if used right and it has to have another bright color backing it. Black can represent two things, Darkness, And Light yes I know what light? Yes it can if you just look at banners. This Black represents Darkness and It is not of my style. [/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]Black is neutral, and can be used anyway it is seen fit. I happen to take on a darker theme.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Ima']Great job I would for sure give you a 7/10 Each image is unique and shows a certain perspective.[/quote]

[color=navy][font=tahoma]Thank you, kindly. They do show certain perspectives, and mean something to me, even if they are merely filter tinkers and a few brush strokes.

[list]
[*]T+JTHM

[img]http://img229.echo.cx/img229/4089/tny2gra2cq.jpg[/img][/list]

You might recognize this from DW's Graphica thread..you may have guessed that from the fontage, hehe. I don't know how this one came to be...honestly, lol. I was just surfing for pics of Johnny (the Homicidal Maniac), and I couldn't resist. I saw the original pic of him holding his blades and wearing his shades and thought of Terminator O.o. Don't ask why, I just did. So, with some [b]filtering[/b], I added the little lense flare on top of a free form design.

The rest of the graphic just came together. Did lots of layering and brushing for the background..more free form tooling..Rising Sun tried to explain how to do the funky border thing, but I didn't figure it out. So, it's just a plain ol' square graphic that has lots of funky things altered to take the attention away from the block-sized form ^_^;

I still can't fully explain to you why I decided to put the two together. It seemed right at the time, lol.[/color][/font]

[color=blue][size=1]Hey Annie! Sorry it took so long to reply to your thread. I had planned to a while ago. Meh.. I'm posting now. =P

Your Graphica entry is okay, but it looks choppy. The blockiness of it all just doesn't fit, I guess. And Johnny needs to be higher up so his eye is equal with the terminator's. I dunno.. I'm just picky, I guess. ^_^;; [b]7/10[/b]

For your first post images.. What's so disturbing about them? o.O Tell me.. did ya get any PMs? xD

[b]Kill the Moment[/b] I don't particularly like. Eh. It looks like just a picture. Maybe I'm going blind, but I really don't see anything "special" about it.. >_> Sorry? [b]5/10[/b]

[b]Your Christ (in my heart)[/b] is awesome. I love it. The upside down cross blended with the heart is imaginitive and out of the ordinary. Great job. The background and border suit the image so well. And the little droplet falling off the heart is b*tching, too. Ooh! I <3 it soo much! x3 [b]9/10[/b]

[b]Mr. Superstar[/b] lets your mini-obsession shine through. (^_~) The orange just.. works. The border is well done, too. There's not much to say, really. ^_^;; I don't like the font(s)? very much, though.. If you fixed that, I'd like this image a lot more. [b]8/10[/b]

[b]Target: Engaged[/b] is a cool image, too, and it again uses a great shot of Manson. The colors (pink and blue/purple) are used well. The problem with this one is the lack of a border. Not having a border really bugs me (for some odd reason >_>). But other than that, it's pretty cool. [b]7/10[/b]

And lastly, [b]See Me?[/b] is a neat image. I like the girl you used, along with the well-placed red throughout the pic. And it works as a nice border, too. x3 My only two problems are: 1) the girl doesn't seem to have a lot of contrast to her, so some of her features are hard to see/invisible, and 2) the font again. Sorry, but it just doesn't seem to fit... I wish I could suggest something, but I'm not so good at naming fonts (even though I've downloaded tons.. >_<). [b]8/10[/b]

Very nice Annie. I must see more of your work. <33 And sorry about all the smilies. *obsessed*

Oh yeah. [spoiler]*humps your leg* Mm.. Tasty.. [/insidejoke][/spoiler][/size][/color]

[font=tahoma]Thank you, Leg-humper. ^_~

[center][URL=http://img217.echo.cx/my.php?image=oro7rw.gif][IMG]http://img217.echo.cx/img217/9634/oro7rw.th.gif[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Anyway, this one was something I started a long time ago, and since I can't really do much with my hand, I toyed around a bit with this out of boredom. It is grainy, and I'm upset about that. I wasn't looking for the shadows on his face to mesh, I wanted them to be the abrupt layers that they are. As you Naruto fans already know, this is Ororchimaru. And strangely, I happen to like him....>.> So, there he is; in all his creepiness.

So, I bought a digital camera yesterday/last night. Here's a manipulation from one of several pics I took. If you have a hard time making it out, this is a shot of my legs in the sexy boots I have ^^

And as a disclaimer, if anyone says that "it's too grainy" or "it's got too much contrast" or "it's really scratchy", I'll personally stick my 4 inch heeled-boot in your backside.......unless you like that, then I'll have to think of something else :p But seriously, there's no real reason/meaning behind the pic. I am bored, and was having some fun. [/font]

[center][URL=http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oo76qq.jpg][IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5278/oo76qq.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

[SIZE=1]First of all, great stock. Secondly, awesome blending there. The typography is appropriately positioned, with a matching 'mood.' The only thing wrong I see with the first is that "I doubt it" is kinda hard to read. Finally, the colors are very fitting. Yay for Goddess!

As for the second... it looks too grainy. *bitchmoanwhine*[/SIZE]

well goddess the Ororchimaru one is wicked looking i personaly like it and the only thing wrong with it is the "I doubt it" its kinda hard to read mabye a brighter purple or a bright out line.

your boot picture looks great alittle bright for me but hey i just woke up so it might be me lol. nice work.

ps. I like your boots

[color=purple][font=tahoma]Haha, yeah, my work just keeps getting more vivid O_o. So, you might want to put on sunglasses for these next pieces.

And Retri, bend over, baby.

[b]Devil Dog![/b]- This is a manipulation (I'd certainly hope so!) of my puppy. He's a Boston Terrior, and his name is Butch. He's a great dog, but he's freakin' spaztic..this is my interpretation of him. It's like looking through a special pair of glasses that allows you to see what's on the inside. That's the idea I had going into my head, and here's what came out.
[URL=http://img38.echo.cx/my.php?image=devildog0fn.jpg][IMG]http://img38.echo.cx/img38/8066/devildog0fn.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[b]Pixy Daisy[/b]- I love daisies ^-^ I love the little sparkly thingies I did..kinda reminds me of a whimsical theme. For some reason, a wave of nostaliga sweeps over me when I look at this picture. I can't figure out what it is...
[URL=http://img38.echo.cx/my.php?image=pixydaisy6ii.jpg][IMG]http://img38.echo.cx/img38/274/pixydaisy6ii.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/font][/color]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=#003faa][SIZE=1]Eh.. >_> Long time, no post. xD Mesa is back, however! And with critique! >:3

[b]Devil Dog[/b] is absolutely ADORABLE! I love dogs (surprise, surprise, lol), and this type of dog I just think is so cute! x3 However, I do prefer the big dogs, but that's getting off topic. ^_^; The picture'd be great, even without the manipulation, but this, as you said, is just an interpretation, so it works. =P I give it.. an [B]8/10[/B]. *nod*

[b]Pixy Daisy[/b] may just be my favorite picchu done by you! OO: It's just that wonderful! x3 I love everything about it! The colors contrast perfectly, so they all pop out at you. Gah.. [b]10/10[/b]. I have nothing else to say.. *drool*[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Sorry that I coudn't find the time to comment on your images in the past, but if you continue to update after this I'll do my best to reply more often ^_^.

[B]Devil Dog :[/B] AH! It's evil >.>. What can I say? It has a somewhat "stary" appearance. I really don't know what to say. "It's like looking through a special pair of glasses that allows you to see what's on the inside" Is pretty much all there is to say. lol. I also noticed the Jonny 5 (Is that right? <.<) symbol. Nice touch.

[B]Pixy Daisy :[/B] Pretty. First off I like how the daisy on top casts it's shadow down on the one below it. Much like the dog one there isn't much to be said. It looks a bit sketchy, but I guess that can't be avoided. And again-- I notice the Jonny 5 symbol.

I'm lovin it <3
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Aww, thank you ^_^ I'd continue to update, if people continued to post, ahem. Lately, I haven't had the motivation or inspiration, so my graphic works have fallen to the way side. Anyhow, yes Helba, the John 5 symbol is something that flows within my graphics..or at least I've tried to put into every piece. Something I picked up half-way into making graphics.

So, I've come up with something! Not a graphic, but a drawing! Dun dun dun..I guess I'll show you, and explain where it came from, hehe.

As you might have guessed, this is our newest moderator Hack Helba. The dead give away is that silly jester hat he wears. I just think it's adorable; some mods have mod rods, but Helba's power comes from that jester hat.

The reason behind the pic? Well, I eventually want to make a crazy graphic of this jester hat-wearing mod, but on Saturday, I wasn't at my computer. So, I drew a picture to get an idea of what I might be looking to do..it didn't turn out how I had originally thought up. But I really love this picture, and it was so fun to draw. He's sitting in a computer chair that has a piece of paper that says "dunst" (but you can't see the entire word because it wraps around the chair). As for what he's playing with......it's a baby toy. You know how in the begining of The Simpsons, Maggie is acting like she's driving? Yeah, that little toy is what Helba's playing with in this drawing. I don't know why that got put in there...but it just ended up in his lap.

It's my understanding that this pic circulated through a few people over AIM. But I'd like to see what you have to think here.[/size]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkGreen]Ah yes, Excellent picture. It's a bit sketchy but it only adds to the essence of crazy[I]ness[/I]. Altough I don't look quite as insane, my hair isn't that long and I don't own a toy steering wheel; The drawing looks great. I'm honored that you've made something involving me, and it gives me a warm 'n fuzzy feelin' inside. If you're still interested I can provide you with some pictures that you can ph4k[I]ishly[/I] manipulate. Now that you've drawn this I need to set up a real life picture of this scene. Despite the fact that it gives me the appearance of a manic, I love it [B]<33[/B].[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 5 months later...
[size=1]Boy, been a very long while. Sorry for bringing this thread back to life after months, Syk3--but I didn't want to start another art thread. Well, in my dormant time, my style [in art and personal style] has somewhat changed. Plus, I lost inpiration, and am still lacking some. But, I have a few I toyed around with, and would like some feed back. Click on the images to enlarge them.[/size]

[center][URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/red.png][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_red.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/lips.png][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_lips.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/floor.png][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_floor.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I'm surprised nobody has replied here yet. Your newest post has been up for a few days, and considering the content and the new look...shame on them!

Annie, you look gorgeous. I've said this to you a lot, lol, but it's a perfect look for you. My favorite picture there definitely is the third one. The eyeliner, the red dress, the stockings, the look on your face...it all clicks.

The pictures kind of remind me of an edgier glamour photo. Very schway.

Wow...thats you? You look totally different from what I remember.

Anywyas the pics are nice, like most of your work. My favorite out of these 3 has to be #2. I like the way you cropped it....sorta gives it more of an emotional feel.

Heh...for some reason the first one reminds me of a White Stripes album cover. Guess its the restricted color scheme.
Good job. :D

[size=1]I like the ideas and general execution of these, and there's only a few comments I'm going to leave. Firstly, I think you look too washed out ... I know it was the intent to make you look stark white, but I think it's a bit overexaggerated in this. You lost features and detail in doing this. Next, the contrast of your hair (specifically the second picture) makes it look over-sharpened, perhaps even grainy.

Good ideas -- I'd say they're original with the special Annie flair. Keep it up.[/size]

[size=1]click on the images to enlarge:

[center][URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/redguitar.png][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_redguitar.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]
[b]No Words, No Voice, Just Music[/b]- I'm not sure what inspired me exactly, but I think it has something to do with my love of guitars. I can't play one, but I love to listen to them; and admire the musician who can master the difficult art. My father plays guitar, and ever since I can remember, it's always brought me comfort. I don't need to hear lyrics, I don't need to hear a lead singer's voice--I'd rather just listen to the music.

The splatter brush covering the guitarist's eyes is a bit bolder than the rest of the picture, I just realized this; and it's bugging me now, lol. Other than that, I'm pretty content.

[center][URL=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/puppet2.jpg][IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/anne-mae/th_puppet2.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]
[b]Puppet[/b]- I drew this picture last night and felt like it needed something more than just being a plain ol' drawing. So, with a couple of hours of trying to figure out the best look, I came out with this. And I'm absolutely proud of myself. I think my favorite part of this picture is the vinyl-like wrap around him. That turned out much better than I was thinking it was going to look. The next part that I like is the mouth and stitching--really sort of hard to make it look realistic, and I think I did a good job. Now, the hand coming out of his head was supposed to look like one of those wood model things that the art teachers use to show you movement and the joints--in the original picture, you can see all the strings I attached to the fingers, but not so much in this. The bandage and wound on the hand is in the shape of the Cross of Lorraine--look it up for the meaning. Let's see....oh, the tattoo on his forehead and shoulders, well...if you haven't guessed, or don't know, it's Marilyn Manson--so, that should pretty much explain everything that I put into the picture.

Please, comments/critiques/questions.[/size]

[Color=Indigo]I'm not great at giving good advice art-wise, but let's see what I can come up with.

[B]No Words, No Voice, Just Music[/B]:

The first thing that pops up in my mind is, the entire word "Music" can't be read. I know that most people would just assume that it was music, but I personally would make it so that the entire word was readable.

Actually, to me, it looks like the splatter is the same hue as the guitar which could be bad and good. If you want to be empahsis on it, then it's good, but if not, then I would suggest toning it down a bit.

Other than that, I really like this piece. Good job.

[B]Puppet[/B]

The only thing that pops up here are the chains to the head, is the thing chained to the table by its head?

Other than that, I really love the background, it looks so awesome. Another great job.

All around, a great job. ^^[/color]