OtakuBoards

what's your favorite type of music?

MidoriWaterfall

[SIZE=1]My favorite type of music? Perhaps techno (like Daft Punk?), electronica, a dash of rap here and there, and rock. I seem to like a bit of heaviness to songs, but not even close to what metal has -- more like AT THE HEAVIEST Linkin Park. Haha. Lame, right?

And jazz roxors.[/SIZE]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen]Im glad to see that, with a few exceptions, everyone doesnt like the super popular stuff like linkin park and evanescence like i thought everyone did.

my music tastes are all over the place. Ive been called a metal head at times and people have said I listen to crap and people have said my music is wierd, Ive heard it all, or at least a lot of it. I pretty much like stuff dating back to the animals and beatles all the way to stuff today like the mars volta and Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails.

Im also really big on lyrics, as you will see in my fave bands.

Hokai, so here are my favourite five bands, the first three are my absolute favorites.
-The Clash
-Pink Floyd
-Elliott Smith
-Children of Bodom
-Porcupine Tree

Here are some bands from all genres to give u a little sample of what a listen to. Ill try and list some of the more popular bands too cuz im not think im cool by listing some super unknown bands for people.
Reel Big Rish, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Specials, The Beat
Mnemic, Lamb of God, Avenged Sevenfold, Unearth
AC/DC(who doesnt like their music?)Led Zepp, Queen, Steve Miller Band, Yes
Sex Pistols, Misfits, Green Day, Rancid, Alkaline Trio
Beck, Soundgarden, Pixies, My Bloody Valentine, Scarling, Alice in Chains
Jeff Buckley, Muse, Radiohead, Kaiser Cheifs, Secret Machines
Thrice, Thrusday, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. RHCP, Rage, Interpol
others that im forgetting right now...hey im tired, what do you expect?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]My favorite type of music? Perhaps techno (like Daft Punk?), electronica, a dash of rap here and there, and rock. I seem to like a bit of heaviness to songs, but not even close to what metal has -- more like AT THE HEAVIEST Linkin Park. Haha. Lame, right?

And jazz roxors.[/size][/QUOTE]Try listening to Celldweller, or even Collide... Celldweller combines the electronic stuff with the heavy stuff.. Collide are softer than Celldweller, though still have the electronic sound and the heavy sound in their music.

...or maybe even Godhead?

There's also a band called SEXYDEATH, they're awesome with the electronica sound of music, though they also have the "heaviness" in there.

Zeromancer also do an awesome job of mixing "heaviness" with an electric sound (electronica wise) in their music. I actually own 2 CDs by them.

Maybe you'll like these bands. :smoke:

I could list some more bands that are influenced by techno and trance, but they're alot heavier than Linkin Park. :eek:

[QUOTE=Jake of Bodom]Okay, but where are the metal bands you like? You said you like metal, but you HAVEN'T LISTED A SINGLE METAL BAND...

Hmmm... again, only ONE metal band (Cradle of Filth). Wednesday 13 is as metal as Cannibal Corpse is teeny-bopper pop music.

Hate to break it to you, Fall, but so far, every "metal" fan except one (TheAmazingZLJ) on here has proven you very, very wrong.

YES! Finally! I think you're the only person who said they liked metal that actually listed some ******* METAL bands! Thank you! You are my friend, Mr. TheAmazingZLJ!

As for me: [SIZE=4]METAL![/SIZE]

I mean actual METAL, by the way.

For example:

Aborted, Abortion, After Forever, Age of Ruin, Amorphous, Amon Amarth, Angra, Anorexia Nervosa, Anthrax, early Arch Enemy, Arsis, As I Lay Dying, At the Gates, Avantasia, Behemoth, Beyond the Flesh, Beyond This Flesh, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Black Steel, Bleed the Sky, Blind Guardian, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Burnt by the Sun, Caliban, Candiria, Cannibal Corpse, Carpathian Forest, Cateract, Cattle Decapitation, Carnal Forge, Catamenia, Celtic Frost, Chimaira, Children of Bodom, Circle of Dead Children, Clifton, Cradle of Filth, Cruachan, Cryptopsy, Darkane, Darkest Hour, Dark Funeral, Darkmoor, Dark Tranquillity, Dead to Fall, Death, Demons & Wizards, Despised Icon, Devildriver, Diamond Head, Diecast, Dimension Zero, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonland, Dream Evil, Dredg, Dry Kill Logic, Edenbridge, Elvenking, Emperor, Ensiferum, Evergrey, Falconer, Falkenbach, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Fireball Ministry, Flowing Tears, Freedom Call, Geasea, God Forbid, Gwar, Haggard, Hammerfall, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Human Fortress, Hypocricy, Iced Earth, Illicit Rite, Impaled, Imperanon, Insomnium, Into Eternity, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Kalmah, Kataklysm, Katatonia, Khøld, King Diamond, Kittie, Korpiklaani, Kotipelto, Kreator, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Led Zeppelin, Lilitu, Liquid Tension Experiment, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Lullacry, Lyzanxia, Machine Head, Manntis, Martyr A.D., Mayhem, Mercyful Fate, Meshuggah, Misery Index, Moonsorrow, Mortician, Mortiis, Naglfar, Necrophagist, Neurosis, Nevermore, Nightrage, Nightwish, Nile, Noctournal Rites, Norther, Nothingface, Old Man’s Child, On Broken Wings, Opeth, Pain, Paradise Lost, Passenger, Rhapsody, Samael, Sepultura, Shadows Fall, Sinergy, Six Feet Under, Skinlab, Skinless, Skyclad, Soil, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica, Soulfly, Spiral Architect, Susperia, Steve Vai, Stormlord, Stratovarius, Suffocation, Summer's End, Summoning, Superjoint Ritual, Symphony X, Theatre of Tragedy, The Black Dhalia Murder, The Gathering, The Mandrake, Therion, The Wage of Sin, Threshold, Today Is the Day, Tool, Tristania, Trivium, Tvangeste, Týr, Unearth, Vile, Vintersorg, Vixen, Warmen, Windir, Winds, Wintersun, Wolf, Zyklon, 3 Inches of Blood.

There's some good metal for you. Sorry, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, stuff like that... it may be good (for example, I love Slipknot), but it's not metal. Please please PLEASE don't parade around tainting the name of metal by calling bands like Murderdolls and Linkin Park metal! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT! It's not metal. At all. Regardless of whether it's good or not (again, I like Linkin Park just fine), don't call it metal because it's not. Sorry to rant, but I'm so sick and tired of it! Fall said earlier in one of his posts "Heavy Metal, we all know what heavy metal sounds like". Obviously, we don't. In fact, I've rarely found anyone that wasn't an actual metalhead that knew what metal sounded like. It's the number one most misunderstood genre out there, I think. For example, most people associate screaming with metal. Yeah, metal has more screaming than most genres, but half the bands listed up there never scream at all. Secondly, metal is, for the most part, very very melodic. It's beautiful music a majority of the time. It's not just banging on stuff and screaming.

The list goes on and on, but the point is this: I love metal almost to the point of a character flaw. I'm very passionate about it, and that's why I defend it the way I do. And I care so much about what is and isn't "metal" because I don't want people confusing the music I love with bands that aren't at all metal. In it's pure form, true metal is (in my opinion) the most amazing music out there. Hands down.[/QUOTE]

You yourself seem very confused about metal itself, either that or you're making the rules to your own game up as you go along (which is confusing to me). I'm not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, so please don't get upset. In fact, many of the bands you listed are very good and I thik you have a respectable taste in music (as if my opinion on your tastes matters at all). However, you are being very adamant about something that you seem confused on as well (such as listing Dredg under you "uber-metal" list), and it isn't very becoming of you.

[QUOTE](such as listing Dredg under you "uber-metal" list)[/QUOTE]
:animeswea Oops, Dredg isn't supposed to be on there... that's a list of music I like from an online profile of mine. I copy/pasted it into there and then deleted everything that wasn't metal. I'm sure I probably missed a few, and Dredg was definately one of them. Thanks for catching that (and don't worry, I'm VERY well aware that Dredg is NOT a metal band).

Second of all, that's no an "uber" metal list, it's just some stuff I like. If it was an "uber" metal list, a few bands would be missing, and a couple that [I]aren't[/I] included would be.

And if you're going to claim that I'm "very confused about metal", you better damn well give a reason to back up that claim, buddy. You didn't say [I]why[/I] you thought I was confused. If you're going to say I'm confused about metal because I said that Korn, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson and the Murderdolls aren't metal, I probably won't want to discuss this with you anyway. Go talk to Fall. If you can intelligently and legitamately back yourself up, that's fine.

[QUOTE=Seta]I have a couple of bands that I really like

1.Kittie
2.Rob Zombie
3Marilyn Manson
3.T.A.T.U
4Postal Service

There are the best! Nuff said.[/QUOTE]
kittie scares me...but i like it thank you for knowing who she is no one knows any artistd i like

[quote name='Jake of Bodom']If you're going to say I'm confused about metal because I said that Korn, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson and the Murderdolls aren't metal, I probably won't want to discuss this with you anyway. Go talk to Fall.[/quote]"NuMetal".

If you're suggesting I think those bands are metal, you're completely wrong, and should learn not to judge and assume things of me, and don't mis-interpret me.

I said "NuMetal" is [i]"related"[/i] to metal. Not [i]"is metal"[/i]. "Related" does not mean "is".

Have a [u]think[/u].

Though Gen. Andronicus, feel free to contact me if you have anything relating to Marilyn Manson and Korn and the like, that you wish to raise or talk about. I love 'em (not Murderdolls though, not into them).

Really? Then why were you getting all up in arms for me saying that Korn/Nu-Met aren't metal? And I actually SAID that Nu-Metal had metal influences! I know that! Don't try to change your entire damn viewpoint [I]now[/I] to make yourself look good.

And don't try to be all condescending either. Also, stop throwing out this whole "oooh, don't judge me! Poor me, I'm being judged" bullsh!t. No-one feels sorry for you.

And yes, I am, in fact, an @$$hole.

[QUOTE=Jake of Bodom]Please please please please PLEASE tell me you're just mocking me. I'd be really relieved if you were making fun of me. If not, you're a disgrace, and should slap yourself.

In other words, I take it you're joking to try to get me to flame again... :animeswea[/QUOTE]

:animeangr You talkin to me or the other guy? Cuz I didn't do nothin' :animeswea :angel:

Reading this metal thing is rather ridiculous. I've not seen someone so preoccupied with what has to fit inside what label in quite some time. I thought people into punk were bad. Every review and music site (such as Allmusic) would fit every last one of those bands under the general "metal" container term. I mean, honestly, what could you possibly call some of these supposed non-metal bands otherwise? Some random offshoot of metal? It's all in the same generic set, regardless of the subgenres like alt metal, nu metal, industrial metal, thrash metal, speed metal, black metal, whatever metal applied. It's all metal in some facet.

Tool seems very out of place in that list, especially compared with some bands that have been left out of it and bands you're saying don't belong under "metal" in the slightest. Hell, Unearth, for example, is more of a metal-influenced hardcore group than some sort of pure metal, if you want to be [i]that[/i] picky... so why include them? I don't understand the point of getting worked up this much over something like this.

The only thing I can figure out here is that you seem to think metal has to contain certain themes and ideas, which isn't necessarily true. Otherwise, I have no idea how you're determining what fits under this decriptor and what doesn't... you really haven't listed any reasons other than giving a shitload of band names.

First of all, regarding Tool: Tool is considered to be "progressive metal". Progressive metal isn't always a very "heavy" subenre of metal (Porcupine Tree being another example of this). But you'll usually find prog-metal mixed with something else, for example: Nevermore, a prog-power metal band, or Opeth, a prog-melo-death metal band. But anyway, just because Tool doesn't sound as heavy as Mr. Nu-Metal Band doesn't mean that Tool isn't metal and the nu-met band is. It's not just about how heavy it is.

People seem to associate any form screaming and heaviness with metal. While both qualities are definately part of the genre, this doesn't make up the whole thing. Plenty of non-metal bands scream or use distorted guitars, and plenty of metal bands never scream once.

Many of the bands I was ragging on as being "non-metal" are nu-metal. Nu-metal, I will say again, is not metal music. Sure, metal influenced the sound of nu-met, at times at a great degree. But look at it this way: rock n' roll music was very strongly influenced by the blues - but does that make rock n' roll a subgenre of the blues? No. While they're similar in many ways, they're not the same thing. I can't see anyone saying that Led Zeppelin and John Coltraine (sp?) are the same thing. Led Zeppelin was deeply rooted in blues music, but they're not a blues band. Same thing goes for metal: for example, Korn is [I]influenced[/I] by metal, but this does not make them a metal band.

And just because Allmusic says that a band is metal doesn't mean it is. The media has been out of the loop as far as metal goes for as long as I've been into it (I've seen big-name company websites call My Chemical Romance a metal band). If you want a [I]real[/I] metal reviews site, check out the guys at [URL=http://www.metalcrypt.com]Metal Crypt[/URL]. They know their stuff.

As for Unearth, they're a metalcore band. Metalcore is a touchy subject, as the line between hardcore and metal can be quite thin. Most metalcore bands are more metal than hardcore - and some are barely hardcore at all. Take As I Lay Dying, for example. They're called a metalcore band, but their song structure is much much MUCH closer to melo-death than hardcore. Unearth is very similar in this way - most of it is metal, they've just tossed in a few breakdowns.

As for my being obsessed with the whole label thing, I think I've come across in the wrong way. You see, it's not the label I'm concerned about, it's the integrity of metal as a whole. Like I've said many, many times before, bands like Korn and Ill Nino and Otep and all the rest of the nu-met family are just fine, some are even great - but it shouldn't be associated with metal. It's not because I'm an obsessive catagorizer. Think of it like this:

[I]Your family lives in a small village. Your aunt and uncle live just nextdoor. Your family is famous for their beautiful paintings. This tradition has been in your family for years, and you are very proud of it. Your aunt and uncle are famous for their delicious honey bread. Because they are of similar heritage, your aunt and uncle wear similar family crests.

You go out into town one day, and someone points you out. He and his wife walk over to you.

"Hey sonny, you're one of them breadmakers, huh?"

"No, sir," you reply. "I'm one of the painters."

The man's wife just laughs and says "eh, your family crests are close enough".

This is frusturating. You are proud of your heritage as a painter. You have nothing against the breadmakers, but that's not who you are. Painting and breadmaking are much different.

He turns to the crowd and yells "hey, we got a breadmaker over here!"

This is where there is a problem. Some of the people who would have otherwise asked you for a painting are not interested in the bread at all. They don't approach you, turned off by what they think you are.[/I]

I know this analogy is strange, but I hope you see the point. Sure, some of those bands might sound a bit like metal - some screaming here, some distortion there. But you can't go on throwing everything that sounds remotely like what everyone thinks is metal into the hodgepodge. If that were the case then there's plenty of emo, punk, industrial and hardcore bands that would suddenly bare the title of metal. This is not OK. It has nothing to do with the label. Rather, it's about the integrity of the music itself.

You'll probably (not saying you[I]will[/I], I'm just guessing here) tell me that it doesn't matter as long as people think it's metal, or that I'm obsessed with labels, or that nu-metal is metal because it sounds close enough, or whatever. You may not say this, but it's the general reaction I've gotten on this website. Look, I realize I'm not going to change what people think, Fall being a good example (though I truly respect his ability and affinity for debate - I know you probably hate me and think I'm a total elitist prick, but I actually had a great time discussing this with you, Fall. Stay passionate, dude). I also realize, with a certain degree of sadness, that most people won't realize what metal truly is. I guess my point is, I tried as best I could to get my point across. I doubt anyone agreed with me at any point, but I a least feel a little better for having defended the name of metal as best I could manage. \m/

[font=Verdana][size=2][font=Verdana][size=2]Flame-war and a half, here.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I never once said that KoRn was metal. I said NuMetal was related to metal. Learn how to read.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Mmm...? Yeah, ok. First, you say this.[quote name='Jake of Bodom]Just like the fact - FACT - that NuMet isn't metal. It's not a matter of opinion at all. It's a fact. It's not my opinion that NuMet isn't metal, it's just a simple fact. I just wish it didn't have the word "metal" in the title... that really confuses people.[/QUOTE]And now this?[QUOTE=Jake of Bodom]Really? Then why were you getting all up in arms for me saying that Korn/Nu-Met aren't metal? And I actually SAID that Nu-Metal had metal influences! I know that! Don't try to change your entire damn viewpoint now to make yourself look good.[/QUOTE]...?[quote=Jake of Bodom']You regard "Nu-Metal" to be Metal? No. Nu-Metal is it's own genre entirely, completely seperate from the almighty holiness of metal. Yes, you're right: they're Nu-Metal. But no, you're utterly wrong, that doesn't make them Metal.[/quote]...but of course, NuMetal isn't in any way a sub-genre of metal, even when NuMetal is "influenced" by metal..:nope:[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]The only thing making me look good is you. I don't even have to try.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Saying I've changed my "entire damn viewpoint" is a load of ********, and it seems like you're trying to draw the attention away from yourself. You've clearly demonstrated that you can't hold your anger in and are in need of some serious anger-management treatment.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][quote=Jake of Bodom]And don't try to be all condescending either. Also, stop throwing out this whole "oooh, don't judge me! Poor me, I'm being judged" bullsh!t. No-one feels sorry for you.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]And yes, I am, in fact, an @$$hole.[/QUOTE]You didn't have to say you were an aѕѕhole yourself, I'm sure I could've said it for you if you gave me the damn chance. "Condescending", what the f_ck. ....no, man, no.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]KoRn is related to metal, is closer to metal than anything else at all. NuMetal is closer to Metal, than anything else at all. It's so obvious, I'd tell you the same thing by looking at a photo of KoRn with my eyes shut.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]You were too busy trying to make sure everyone was listening to you about "NuMetal being a completely different genre from Metal" all-together...[quote name='Jake of Bodom]Many of the bands I was ragging on as being "non-metal" are nu-metal. Nu-metal, I will say again, is not metal music. Sure, metal influenced the sound of nu-met, at times at a great degree. But look at it this way: rock n' roll music was very strongly influenced by the blues - but does that make rock n' roll a subgenre of the blues? No. While they're similar in many ways, they're not the same thing. I can't see anyone saying that Led Zeppelin and John Coltraine (sp?) are the same thing. Led Zeppelin was deeply rooted in blues music, but they're not a blues band. Same thing goes for metal: for example, Korn is [i]influenced[/i'] by metal, but this does not make them a metal band.[/quote]...when clearly, [i]I dare say[/i], they're not, if they're "influenced" by metal. That's a relation in itself. Even if you say so yourself.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][i]You're[/i] the one, trying to change [i]your[/i] viewpoint. As I've clearly pointed out, [u]twice[/u] (omfg), in this same post.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I thought you said KoRn were "influenced" by Hip-Hop, anyway?[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]You never said NuMetal had Metal influences, until now. You changed your viewpoint. [/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]You don't tell me.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]So why lie.[/size][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Verdana][size=2]------[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][size=2][quote name='Jake of Bodom']Look, I realize I'm not going to change what people think, Fall being a good example (though I truly respect his ability and affinity for debate - I know you probably hate me and think I'm a total elitist prick, but I actually had a great time discussing this with you, Fall. Stay passionate, dude).[/quote][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=2]Woah... wasn't expecting that.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I don't hate you man, I don't even know you... all I know, is that metal is a real big thing for you. I mean, so big, I've never heard of anyone defending their music as hard as you do. [/size][/font]
[size=2][font=Verdana][/font][/size]
[size=2][font=Verdana]I [i]can[/i] see that metal means more than alot to you, and yeah, we have our disagreements about it, but it happens. We were both smarta[size=4][size=2]ѕѕes, and both got retaliation from one another. [/size][/size][/font][/size][size=2][font=Verdana][size=4][size=2]Good stuff, good stuff. [/size][/size][/font][/size]
[font=Verdana][size=2]It's all good.[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Jake, you came into this thread and started attacking people because their opinion of metal differed to yours. Then you start trying to pointlessly telling people nu-metal isn't even remotely metal, even though it has 'metal' in the name and has obvious roots in the metal genre. Personally I don't see why you care so much. What other people think about a genre shouldn't matter to you in the slightest, it's only an opinion afterall. I suggest if you have a differing opinion of metal or nu-metal or whatever you just deal with it and move on. Noone's forcing you to accept these people's more blanket definitions of music, geez.

Anyway, yeah. To the thread point.

Personally, my favourite kinds of music can be summarised in two words: [b]hard[/b] and [b]fast[/b]. As such you'll get a lot of hard rock and punk in my playlist, as well as copious amounts of KoRn and Manson. Things with a slower beat tend to depress me, so I like things with nice fast tempo.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Aiyisha][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Jake, you came into this thread and started attacking people because their opinion of metal differed to yours. Then you start trying to pointlessly telling people nu-metal isn't even remotely metal, even though it has 'metal' in the name and has obvious roots in the metal genre. Personally I don't see why you care so much. What other people think about a genre shouldn't matter to you in the slightest, it's only an opinion afterall. I suggest if you have a differing opinion of metal or nu-metal or whatever you just deal with it and move on. Noone's forcing you to accept these people's more blanket definitions of music, geez.

Anyway, yeah. To the thread point.

Personally, my favourite kinds of music can be summarised in two words: [b]hard[/b] and [b]fast[/b]. As such you'll get a lot of hard rock and punk in my playlist, as well as copious amounts of KoRn and Manson. Things with a slower beat tend to depress me, so I like things with nice fast tempo.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yea! I completely agree with this person! :D

[color=darkviolet]* hits Jake with a frying pan* You get on my nerves

*Ahem* Okay my cd case is just one mini music shop. I like Alternative, 'punk' (because not everyone's defination of punk is the same) metal (not mine I have to send that back!) Jazz, R&B, Country, mild rap, pop, light stuff and soundtracks.

For example, I get to play my music where I work and during last weeks 8 hour shifts I played Dixie Chicks (still waiting for a debate with a co-worker) Terri Clark, Ataris ( a guy 2 tables back knew who they were) Michelle Branch, Sarah McLachlin (sp?) Chicago, Blink182, Papa Roach, and STP. Then there was the Girl band Punk rock compilation CD today.

No music defines me, I have a local college station, a local country station, a mixed music station, an alternative station a station that plays a small combo of stuff and a Rap/R&B station programmed on my car radio. I listen to whatever fits my mood (or in the case of radio stations, what ever doesn't have commercials :D )

Okay rant done... my elbows hurt.[/color]

[font=Arial][/font][font=Arial][size=2]I like most different types of music, but I've found that I lean towards alternative music (mostly British alternative, from what I've heard it called before, such as Coldplay, Oasis, Muse, etc.). I'll like pretty much everything except for most contemporary Christian music and country (except for Nickel Creek, in which that country 'twang' is absent). I'm not that crazy about hip-hop though, but it's great to dance to if it's Good hip-hop. and I've never had a problem with R&B, I just hadn't looked much into it up until a couple of months ago. [/size][/font]

100% Born and Bred Rock N' Roller meself, preferable Classic Rock from the Golden Age of Music (Around 20 Years, now) including my all-time favourites, Rush, Trooper, Pink Floyd, Triumph, Queen, and the beloved Tragically Hip.

In my humble opinion Rap, well, ok, anything to come around in about 5 years, is the worst music a man can be exposed to and still draw a (Shakey) breath. Death to new age music! :)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Gray] "I listen to Kidz Bop because the loud drum beats and the shouting of 50 year old men in metal hurts my ear drums."

Put your guns down, Im just joshing you. I listen to Alternative Rock, R & B, insturmental, and whatever fits the mood. So If i'm 'madly in love' I'll put on some R&B, and if I'm having a bad day I might listen to some Metal (I never listen to Satanic or Death) and Alternative Rock. If I'm trying to go to sleep, or clear my mind I'll listen to insturmental music.

Nowaday though, I'll listen to Foo Fighters, Incubus, RHCP, and stuff like that. There really is nothing on my mind, so I just put on anything because silence freaks me out.[/color][/font]

I like classical, Bond*, Japanese music**,and metal***. I listen to them all at any time. I usually choose one of the above, then pick a song depending on my feeling.
If I'm angry, it's usually a very loud, rage-like song, like [I]O Fortuna[/I] by Carl Orff
or [I]Symphony No.5 in C minor Op.67 'Fate'[/I] by Ludwig van Beethoven. Nothing else to say.

*Bond is a string quartet of four women who re-do classical music with electric instruments and MIDI, etc. [URL=http://www.bondmusic.net/]Click here to learn more about Bond and hear some of their music[/URL]

**Usually anime themes. [URL=http://radio.keiichi.net/]Click here for anime radio[/URL]

***The type Jake described. [URL=http://www.danceage.com/media/202-Children-of-Bodom.php]Click here for that type of metal[/URL]

For classical music, [URL=http://www.classicalmusicarchives.com/]Click here[/URL]