OtakuBoards

what's your favorite type of music?

MidoriWaterfall

[SIZE=1]It doesn't have to be spacific, just any. It can be rap to anime music.

My favorite types of music... hmm... it really depends on the mood I'm in. But mostly I like anything latin. Salsa, Jazz and others too like Alternative (sp?) rock like Linkin Park (my new favorite band this year), Classical, Anime music, Hip Hop, and a lot of others. I'll try to listen to about any music. I love music, especially instruments (i played the french horn, i know a little of the guitar, and i'm going to try piano again this summer)[/SIZE]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of bands that I really like

1.Kittie
2.Rob Zombie
3Marilyn Manson
3.T.A.T.U
4Postal Service

There are the best! Nuff said.

[QUOTE=Seta]I have a couple of bands that I really like

1.Kittie
2.Rob Zombie
3Marilyn Manson
3.T.A.T.U
4Postal Service

There are the best! Nuff said.[/QUOTE]How do you manage to "really like" Marilyn Manson, and T.A.T.U.? I love Rob Zombie and MM, but I can't stand T.A.T.U.... one of their video-clips is alright though... maybe I just have different tastes to you.

As for the question for starters. Heavy Metal, we all know what heavy metal sounds like. The best music out there. Full stop, no questions asked.

:smoke:

Heavy Rock, somewhat, for example, Creed (Now known as Altar Bridge, which has generated mighty confusion, hell, I'm not even sure myself whether they're all the old Creed), Adema, and Staind. Those bands are awesome.

My Sacrifice by Creed. Listen to it. Now.

cool. >.> though i don't think i'd like heavy rock or heavy metal, i'm more oldie goldies, or stuff like Stevie Wonder, I said already Linkin Park, Carlos Santana, umm... i think that's all i can say for now... i kind of also like Ciara and 50 Cent, but I only know one of her songs (1,2 step) I don't know what the name of 50 Cent's song was...

Rock, punk, Ska, J-pop.
If you don't know what ska is, it's basically a mix of rock, reggae, with trumpets/saxaphones/trombones (depends on the band) and it's great.
Band wise my faves are:
!) The White Stripes
2) The Hives
3) Rancid
4) The Specials
5) Catch 22

[color=darkviolet]Damn I was going to start this thread!

I love country music with a passion. I was supposed to go to a free concert tonight, but no one could go with me so I couldn't go :animecry: My favorite country artsist are:

Faith Hill- Jealous of her because she has Tim McGraw

Shania Twain- Proof that if you try you can do anything

Tim McGraw

Keith Urban- Did you know he's Australian?

bands:

Dixie Chicks- Don't kill me

Sugarland- I have their first album

She Daisy- I have 2 out of 3 albums

Alabama, Brooks and Dunn ect ect ect.

I'll share more later i have to sleep.[/color] :sleep:

[SIZE=1]Hardcore, Screamo, Acoustic. Hardcore bands such as Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, Avenged Sevenfold. Screamo bands such as Underoath, Dear Whoever, Silverstein. Acoustic bands such as Feeling Left Out, rookie of the year, Dashboard.[/SIZE]

To call a specific type as fav is a little bit hard as i like opera, jazz, classical, newage, metal and rock all the same :) But looking at what i really enjoy, i don't have "a" fav type of music:
Opera- Bizet
Jazz-Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock
Classical-Bach, Vivaldi
Newage-Enja,Enigma,Secret Garden
i don't know what type Within Temptation is
and the list goes on and on and on
i can not end this without mentioning Radiohead and Bjork as well :)

I love metal music, not any type of metal (because how can you catagorize metal music into subsections?) but all metal. SlipKnoT and Cradle of Filth are my favorite bands but I also listen to Murderdolls, Wensday 13, Rob Zombie, and a whole bunch of other bands that would take me forever to list all of them.

Anything other than: emo, screamo, hardcore, acoustic, and any other weird classification that the guys at school keep caling this music! Oh, and country.

I like Metal, but not Satanist stuff and I only like stuff I can understand the words to. I like Slipknot (hey, I understand them) and System of a Down, and sometimes Linkin Park. My all time favorite band is Disturbed. I also like techno-rap like Gorillaz. There are some hip-hop artists I like, but some are just annoying. I also like some alternative rock.

I mainly listen to punk, deathrock/goth rock. (And some ska. Spanish and english) I also like stuff like The Pixies, Tori Amos, Bjork, Placebo, The B-52's and Bright Eyes. Usually, when I tell people my favorite bands, they look at me confused and say "Who?"

Right now, my top 5 favorite bands (in no particular order)

1. Sex Gang Children
2. Rozz era Christian Death
3. Oingo Boingo
4. The Damned
5. The Dead Kennedys.

I am also terribly fond of The Virgin Prunes, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Sisters of Mercy, 45 Grave, The Cure, AFI, Agent Orange, The Dresden Dolls, Catch 22, Echo and the Bunnymen, Clit 45, The Misfits, Narcoleptic Youth...

I could go on forever. But chances are, most of you haven't even heard of half the bands I've listed. heh.

I like almost anything with guitar/drum/bass. Except for most metal/hardcore. Sure, I'll listen to the occosional Blood Brothers, Atreyu or Avenged Sevenfold song, but that's pretty much all I can take. I can only take so much screaming into the microphone.

I guess I have a weird taste in music.

[QUOTE=ThatOneOddDude]Anything other than: emo, screamo, hardcore, acoustic, and any other weird classification that the guys at school keep caling this music! Oh, and country.

I like Metal, but not Satanist stuff and I only like stuff I can understand the words to. I like Slipknot (hey, I understand them) and System of a Down, and sometimes Linkin Park. My all time favorite band is Disturbed. I also like techno-rap like Gorillaz. There are some hip-hop artists I like, but some are just annoying. I also like some alternative rock.[/QUOTE]
i listen to metal too.....but most of it is Satanist. and i guess i dont get any of my music artists from Fuse. heh heh.
id agree with you, Slipknot is ok and you can understand them. but my favorite bands are as follows:
1. Cradle of Filth
2. Slayer
3. In Flames
4. Unearth
5. MindGrinder
6. Devildriver
7. Nevermore
8. As I Lay Dying
9. Dimmu Borgir
10. Shadows Fall
11. Diecast
12. Atreyu
13. Dope
14. Iced Earth
This is actually my first post on these boards, so i hope that this is good enough :animeswea

[size=1][color=slategray]Thrash Pop. You know you want that genre so bad.

I have such a messed up taste in music. Seriously. I really like classical for any time of the day. I find that listening to techno/rave while I write makes me work faster and more enthusiasm, go figure. So, yes... the different genres I like...
- Classical (stated above)
- Tencho/Rave (stated above)
- Jazz
- Metal
- Alternative
- Opera
- J-Pop/Rock

You know what? One of the bands I really envy is Nightwish, because of their style and sound. They combine opera and metal, which is something you normally don't see. And I love it.
Someone who composes [I]wonderful[/I] soundtrack music for a lot of anime I watch is none other than Yoko Kanno. She is a genious. I love basically every soundtrack she has done, if I ever made a show/movie, she's the first person I'd call up and ask to do my soundtrack. On some days I practically worship this woman.
Here's another thing. Truth be told, I love Gwen Stafani and the Black Eyed Peas. Now, Gwen Stafani, I've been a fan of hers forever...some people didn't even know she was in No Doubt before she went on to do her own music. But I loved No Doubt, and I am still falling victim to her music, even if it's not quite the same Ska I'm used to. And, Black Eyed Peas... I don't know. I'm probably one of the first people that gave them a chance. I had their first CD for almost a year before they started playing it on the radio and on MTV and stuff. And I proudly say so.
I have also been fortunate to come across some new bands, such as Kill Hannah and Ash. Kill Hannah just released a CD awhile ago, and it's very good. I really like new bands, ones that haven't gotten a lot of publicity yet. They have that new sound, and they aren't stuck up about their music, or cocky. They just play it and say it like it is, haven't been poisoned by the mainstream venom yet. Ash is also a new band over in Europe. A rich sounding kind of dark band. I fell in love with them when I heard "Vampire Love". So, if you're looking for some new bands, check those guys out.
Here are some bands I like that I haven't mentioned yet, some of my favorites:
- Interpol
- Jack Off Jill
- Do As Infinity
- Daft Punk
- Gorillaz
- My Chemical Romance
- The Killers
- The Rasmus
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- KMFDM
- Muse
- Rob Zombie
- Marilyn Mansion
- Bond

I could honestly go on, my music library is huge, and still growing which I am delighted to say. If you have any good new bands, please PM me, I always love to expand my music collection and hear new things.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
well i listen to alot of differant types of music. i don't really think i could choose. well heres a bunch of bands i like to give you an idea i'm not putting numbers cause i all like them equally.

cream, ccr, the beatles, janis joplin, jimi hendrix, miss saigon, les miserables, dashboard confessional, BoA,and well classical music theres more i like but then i'm to lazy to post them.

I don't have a single type of genre that I like the most xD I've got quite a few instead;

Classic Rock
(Led Zeppelin, Rush, Judas Priest, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Creedence Clearwater Revival)

Metal
(Gwar, Meshuggah, Tool, NEW Dimmu Borgir, Primus, Buckethead)

Thrash Metal
(OLD Slayer, OLD Metallica, Kreator, Annihilator, OLD Anthrax, OLD Sepultura, Megadeth, Destruction, Overkill, Testament)

Death Metal
(Death [of course], Behemoth, Chimaera, Necrophagist, Lamb of God [also Burn the Priest], Cannibal Corpse, Arch Angel, Deicide)

Power Metal
(Manowar, Brainstorm)

I also like Guilty Gear music and tons of Rock & Metal (oddest thing about my musical preferences is that I'm a faithful Christian even though I listen to some very Satanic stuff o_o).

I like any music that has meaning to it and treats itself as it's supposed to be: an art form. I like everything except for country, rap (I like hip-hop, though) and pop. I [b]never[/b] go mainstream. The closest to mainstream music I go is My Chemical Romance and Gorillaz.

Considering music genres, I'm somewhere around (Indie) Rock and Hardcore and Metal bands. My favorites include:

Circle Takes the Square
Norma Jean
Christiansen
Beloved
He is Legend
Swift
The Sound of Animals Fighting
Between the Buried and Me
AutoDefe
Alli With An I
The Chariot
Coheed and Cambria
My Chemical Romance

If you want to know more about a band I listed, PM me.

Guest Hidden_Wingz
I really don't have any particular music I listen to. I'll give anything a shot, it depends on the lyrics is all. I do have a few faves (in no particular order):

1. Linkin Park
2. Evanescence
3. Breaking Benjamin
4. Creed
5. Incubus
6. 3 Doors Down
7. Simple Plan
8. New Found Glory
9. Green Day
10. Vanessa Carlton
11. Avril Lavigne

This is my first post on the Otaku boards ^^;;

My favorite type of music is the kind where you're listening to it and just absolutely loving it because it's simply the way it sounds that makes it so great to hear!

I'm seriously a sucker for a good beat. I simply can't resist. It can have the worst profanity and even whichever explicit lyrics; if it's got a really good beat I'm willing to excuse things that I'm usually so very against. But if a certain song has very bad lyrics that I mean are just completely meaningless then not even it's beat can make up for it.

Then there's the stuff that's sang by people with very beautiful voices to listen to. Whether the voice it very high pitched or low pitched and whatever range it happens to be, if the person can truly sing then the music is more than worth listening to.

A wonderful melody doesn't hurt either and this is really where this type of music is defined. Sometimes when I 'm listening to a song I think, [i]Quiet, so I can hear what I really want to hear, which certainly isn?t you![/i]

I also love very good lyrics. I don't care if they rhyme or not, but more of how they sound and what they're trying to say. And I love when they make sense. ^^ I mean some songs have the most senseless lyrics and the worst diction it?s just kind of awful. Some songs are so wonderfully written that they themselves give the song so much feeling.

What also attracts me to this type of music is solely the very instruments being played. While most of them sound good to me there are certain ones that I absolutely love the sound of; like the saxophone, the bass, the bass guitar, the celesta, the piano, many of the percussion instruments and a ton of others!

The type of music that is my favorite is simply the stuff that I like and that sounds good to me; I really don?t have a preference for any specific types of music. I just know what it is I love (and dislike). ^_^

[QUOTE]I like Metal, but not Satanist stuff and I only like stuff I can understand the words to. I like Slipknot (hey, I understand them) and System of a Down, and sometimes Linkin Park[/QUOTE]

Okay, but where are the metal bands you like? You said you like metal, but you HAVEN'T LISTED A SINGLE METAL BAND...

[QUOTE]I love metal music, not any type of metal (because how can you catagorize metal music into subsections?) but all metal. SlipKnoT and Cradle of Filth are my favorite bands but I also listen to Murderdolls, Wensday 13, Rob Zombie, and a whole bunch of other bands that would take me forever to list all of them.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... again, only ONE metal band (Cradle of Filth). Wednesday 13 is as metal as Cannibal Corpse is teeny-bopper pop music.

[QUOTE]As for the question for starters. Heavy Metal, we all know what heavy metal sounds like. The best music out there. Full stop, no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Hate to break it to you, Fall, but so far, every "metal" fan except one (TheAmazingZLJ) on here has proven you very, very wrong.

[QUOTE]Death [of course], Behemoth, Chimaera, Necrophagist, Lamb of God [also Burn the Priest], Cannibal Corpse, Arch Angel, Deicide[/QUOTE]

YES! Finally! I think you're the only person who said they liked metal that actually listed some ******* METAL bands! Thank you! You are my friend, Mr. TheAmazingZLJ!

As for me: [SIZE=4]METAL![/SIZE]

I mean actual METAL, by the way.

For example:

Aborted, Abortion, After Forever, Age of Ruin, Amorphous, Amon Amarth, Angra, Anorexia Nervosa, Anthrax, early Arch Enemy, Arsis, As I Lay Dying, At the Gates, Avantasia, Behemoth, Beyond the Flesh, Beyond This Flesh, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Black Steel, Bleed the Sky, Blind Guardian, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Burnt by the Sun, Caliban, Candiria, Cannibal Corpse, Carpathian Forest, Cateract, Cattle Decapitation, Carnal Forge, Catamenia, Celtic Frost, Chimaira, Children of Bodom, Circle of Dead Children, Clifton, Cradle of Filth, Cruachan, Cryptopsy, Darkane, Darkest Hour, Dark Funeral, Darkmoor, Dark Tranquillity, Dead to Fall, Death, Demons & Wizards, Despised Icon, Devildriver, Diamond Head, Diecast, Dimension Zero, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonland, Dream Evil, Dredg, Dry Kill Logic, Edenbridge, Elvenking, Emperor, Ensiferum, Evergrey, Falconer, Falkenbach, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Fireball Ministry, Flowing Tears, Freedom Call, Geasea, God Forbid, Gwar, Haggard, Hammerfall, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Human Fortress, Hypocricy, Iced Earth, Illicit Rite, Impaled, Imperanon, Insomnium, Into Eternity, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Kalmah, Kataklysm, Katatonia, Khøld, King Diamond, Kittie, Korpiklaani, Kotipelto, Kreator, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Led Zeppelin, Lilitu, Liquid Tension Experiment, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Lullacry, Lyzanxia, Machine Head, Manntis, Martyr A.D., Mayhem, Mercyful Fate, Meshuggah, Misery Index, Moonsorrow, Mortician, Mortiis, Naglfar, Necrophagist, Neurosis, Nevermore, Nightrage, Nightwish, Nile, Noctournal Rites, Norther, Nothingface, Old Man?s Child, On Broken Wings, Opeth, Pain, Paradise Lost, Passenger, Rhapsody, Samael, Sepultura, Shadows Fall, Sinergy, Six Feet Under, Skinlab, Skinless, Skyclad, Soil, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica, Soulfly, Spiral Architect, Susperia, Steve Vai, Stormlord, Stratovarius, Suffocation, Summer's End, Summoning, Superjoint Ritual, Symphony X, Theatre of Tragedy, The Black Dhalia Murder, The Gathering, The Mandrake, Therion, The Wage of Sin, Threshold, Today Is the Day, Tool, Tristania, Trivium, Tvangeste, Týr, Unearth, Vile, Vintersorg, Vixen, Warmen, Windir, Winds, Wintersun, Wolf, Zyklon, 3 Inches of Blood.

There's some good metal for you. Sorry, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, stuff like that... it may be good (for example, I love Slipknot), but it's not metal. Please please PLEASE don't parade around tainting the name of metal by calling bands like Murderdolls and Linkin Park metal! PLEASE DON'T DO THAT! It's not metal. At all. Regardless of whether it's good or not (again, I like Linkin Park just fine), don't call it metal because it's not. Sorry to rant, but I'm so sick and tired of it! Fall said earlier in one of his posts "Heavy Metal, we all know what heavy metal sounds like". Obviously, we don't. In fact, I've rarely found anyone that wasn't an actual metalhead that knew what metal sounded like. It's the number one most misunderstood genre out there, I think. For example, most people associate screaming with metal. Yeah, metal has more screaming than most genres, but half the bands listed up there never scream at all. Secondly, metal is, for the most part, very very melodic. It's beautiful music a majority of the time. It's not just banging on stuff and screaming.

The list goes on and on, but the point is this: I love metal almost to the point of a character flaw. I'm very passionate about it, and that's why I defend it the way I do. And I care so much about what is and isn't "metal" because I don't want people confusing the music I love with bands that aren't at all metal. In it's pure form, true metal is (in my opinion) the most amazing music out there. Hands down.

Did I say Arch Angel? ROFL I meant Enemy. >_<

But HOLYGOODGODALMIGHTY that's quite a list o_o I never liked the music by artists like Steve Vai and the Satch but they're easily some of the best guitarists that ever lived. I've been wanting to try more of Cryptopsy and a few other bands on that list for some time now, but I haven't gotten around to it.

I wouldn't regard Rob Zombie and Linkin Park as anything but MEtal, actually. They just fit more into the Nu-Metal genre.

Actually most people nowadays consider anything with an electric guitar and quick riffs and loud drum beats as Metal. So it's Metal, just the more publicized and mainstream stuff that kind of overshadows the rest of the genre & sub-genres.

I've also failed to mention that I left off a LOOOOOOOOT of artists on that quick list xD (I even forgot to put Children of Bodom up there and I stuck a lot of mixed stuff into just 'Metal' even though I'm aware that some of it's not that simple..except for maybe Tool, they're Alternative Metal).

[quote name='Jake of Bodom']Aborted, Abortion, After Forever, Age of Ruin, Amorphous, Amon Amarth, Angra, Anorexia Nervosa, Anthrax, early Arch Enemy, Arsis, As I Lay Dying, At the Gates, Avantasia, Behemoth, Beyond the Flesh, Beyond This Flesh, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Black Steel, Bleed the Sky, Blind Guardian, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Burnt by the Sun, Caliban, Candiria, Cannibal Corpse, Carpathian Forest, Cateract, Cattle Decapitation, Carnal Forge, Catamenia, Celtic Frost, Chimaira, Children of Bodom, Circle of Dead Children, Clifton, Cradle of Filth, Cruachan, Cryptopsy, Darkane, Darkest Hour, Dark Funeral, Darkmoor, Dark Tranquillity, Dead to Fall, Death, Demons & Wizards, Despised Icon, Devildriver, Diamond Head, Diecast, Dimension Zero, Dimmu Borgir, Dragonland, Dream Evil, Dredg, Dry Kill Logic, Edenbridge, Elvenking, Emperor, Ensiferum, Evergrey, Falconer, Falkenbach, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Fireball Ministry, Flowing Tears, Freedom Call, Geasea, God Forbid, Gwar, Haggard, Hammerfall, Heaven Shall Burn, Helloween, Human Fortress, Hypocricy, Iced Earth, Illicit Rite, Impaled, Imperanon, Insomnium, Into Eternity, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kamelot, Kalmah, Kataklysm, Katatonia, Khøld, King Diamond, Kittie, Korpiklaani, Kotipelto, Kreator, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Led Zeppelin, Lilitu, Liquid Tension Experiment, Lost Horizon, Luca Turilli, Lullacry, Lyzanxia, Machine Head, Manntis, Martyr A.D., Mayhem, Mercyful Fate, Meshuggah, Misery Index, Moonsorrow, Mortician, Mortiis, Naglfar, Necrophagist, Neurosis, Nevermore, Nightrage, Nightwish, Nile, Noctournal Rites, Norther, Nothingface, Old Man?s Child, On Broken Wings, Opeth, Pain, Paradise Lost, Passenger, Rhapsody, Samael, Sepultura, Shadows Fall, Sinergy, Six Feet Under, Skinlab, Skinless, Skyclad, Soil, Soilwork, Sonata Arctica, Soulfly, Spiral Architect, Susperia, Steve Vai, Stormlord, Stratovarius, Suffocation, Summer's End, Summoning, Superjoint Ritual, Symphony X, Theatre of Tragedy, The Black Dhalia Murder, The Gathering, The Mandrake, Therion, The Wage of Sin, Threshold, Today Is the Day, Tool, Tristania, Trivium, Tvangeste, Týr, Unearth, Vile, Vintersorg, Vixen, Warmen, Windir, Winds, Wintersun, Wolf, Zyklon, 3 Inches of Blood.[/quote]

XD Seriously, do you just have that list saved somewhere ready to copy/paste?

Also, you forgot about me, I listed some high-quality metal acts!

Meanwhile, I'm tired of people calling bands like Avril Lavigne, Linkin Park, Yellow Card, Simple Plan, etc. as Punk. They are not punk, they are Alt. Rock and Powerpop, not Punk... Thank you for (at least the last few people that posted, the list only goes so far down so I don't know about the rest) not listing any of these bands as punk, even though they are pushed by the media as such!