OtakuBoards

Things your city/state probably doesn't want to be known for...

PiroMunkie

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Texas... the place where the death penalty kills alot of people....[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

you sure do know your facts. and we need it, there are some true lunatics in our state

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
*We have [i]two[/i] peninsulas :p
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]LoL...heck, yeah! I'm a 'yooper.' All I really remember about my home state is lots of snow....and blueberries..... There's a picture of me somewhere when I was maybe two, and my entire face is purple...[/FONT] :eek:

Texas.......ahh home sweet home...and before anyone gets silly and ask...no I don't wear a cowboy hat or ride a horse....or drive a pick up truck......I do wear blue jeans :D......((I am from Dallas, Tx.))

Texas....ummm President Kenady was shot in Dallas......thats not cool being knowen for...

oh and a big stereo type i encounter a lot is the Idea that Texas is full of Oil Rigs....I hardly ever see those Oil Rig thingys....although their are a lot they are not everywhere.....

The micro-chip was invented in Dallas.....

umm oh and we have the Texas Rangers!!...not the baseball team the military force.......there is a story during the mexican war about how a group of Texas Rangers((10)) hunted down a group of men from the Mexican Army((stroy goes anywhere from 30-100...i think it is like 40..)) and trapped them. The Rangers sent a message to the trapped Mexicans and told them to surrender or they would come out shooting. The Mexicans decided they were outmatched and surendered....

and their was a riot at a prison (( can't remember which)) where they called in the Texas Rangers. They only sent one and the People((Can't remember which)) asked why they only sent one...the response was "One Riot, One Ranger". The riot was put down... :D (( ok so this isn't stuff i am ashamed of but stuff that i find interesting))

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anti [/i]
[B]
umm oh and we have the Texas Rangers!!...not the baseball team the military force.......there is a story during the mexican war about how a group of Texas Rangers((10)) hunted down a group of men from the Mexican Army((stroy goes anywhere from 30-100...i think it is like 40..)) and trapped them. The Rangers sent a message to the trapped Mexicans and told them to surrender or they would come out shooting. The Mexicans decided they were outmatched and surendered....

and their was a riot at a prison (( can't remember which)) where they called in the Texas Rangers. They only sent one and the People((Can't remember which)) asked why they only sent one...the response was "One Riot, One Ranger". The riot was put down... :D (( ok so this isn't stuff i am ashamed of but stuff that i find interesting)) [/B][/QUOTE]

that's cause texas rangers shoot before asking questions(it's true, most cases with texas rangers people die)

Guest Voodookanaka
Im kinda proud of this, but newspapers were payed off n stuff so know one knows, but Prince Nazeem Hamed got Ko'ed at our local chippy, thatll teach him to go to the front of the queue.

.. not much to explain, there was a poll, and oregon is the hungriest state in america :rolleyes: it might have somthing to do with housing costs being more then a single persons paycheck can support.. even two peoples paychecks, if they both have minimum wage jobs.. its pretty sad actually.. even if they got the rent payed then they would have hell of a time paying the bills, once thats over and done with, theres hardly any money for food..

[COLOR=seagreen]My town is known for... THE POST-CHRISTMAS MASSACRE!!!! My state is known for the 2 WTC planes took off from Logan International and we are home to the worst sports teams in the country. That's right: the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots all hail from wonderful Massachusetts. I swear to God, our high school football team is better than the Pats. They can actually make it to the Super Bowl...[/COLOR]

Well, i dunno, but i think N.S.W doesn't want to be known for the crappest council in the world! The council here sucks! If you call them to fix up an out of town road, they argue with you, and try to find a way to get out of getting off their big fat bif!