Bullet Theory Posted July 4, 2005 Posted July 4, 2005 What do you listen to to get pumped up? When I am on the way to a soccer game/tournament or sitting in my high school's soccer locker room before a big match, I listen to either As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Hawthorne Heights, Norma Jean, or something along those lines. What about you?
Morpheus Posted July 4, 2005 Posted July 4, 2005 I go with the tried-and-true song: [I][B]Eye of the Tiger.[/B] [/I] It's one of the few songs that never really gets old. I can get pumped with just the version I can play in my head.
grecords Posted July 4, 2005 Posted July 4, 2005 I can get pumped listening to KoRN, Rammstein, Fear Factory, or Static X. Usually I tend to listen to Static X or KoRN as I can't find either my Fear Factory or Rammstein cds.
Otohime Posted July 4, 2005 Posted July 4, 2005 Good old Just a day by Feeder is a good one to get me moving about. Gorillaz' Feel Good Inc gets me on my feet too. But I do not know if that is what you mean by 'pumped'? Otherwise: 36 Crazy Fists, Kill Switch Engage, Lamb o', and anything else that is in my cd player gets me wired up and raring to go.
Bullet Theory Posted July 4, 2005 Author Posted July 4, 2005 What I meant by "pumped" was like energized or excited. I've just found that Fall Out Boy is oddly good for getting hyper. Strange...but welcome! One song that would get anyone angry/pumped/energized, no matter if you're into the music or not, is Unearth's song, Zombie Autopilot. The solo is just amazing. My band listens to it before we play.
Fall Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 Metallica, KoRn, Spineshank, Adema, Marilyn Manson... Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"... Mushroomhead's "Becoming Cold"... Geez, there's so much music that gets me "pumped up", I'd be up all night listing all of it.
Jake of Bodom Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 As I Lay Dying, Children of Bodom, Bloodbath, or Finntroll usually get me pumped for whatever it is I need pumping for (Karate tournament, golf, etc.).
instantramen14 Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 It depends on what I'm getting "pumped" for. If it's a punk consert, it'll be stuff like The Dead Kennedys and the Germs. For going to the goth club, it'll be Sex gang children and Christian Death. And strangely enough, Blood Brother's "Pink tarantuala" gives me lots of energy to just run around and do stuff.
Box Hoy Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 Statix-X or Murderdolls. Each of them has the rise in speed and heaviness in their music that gets you pumped. Mainly I use it for mosh pits or backyard wrestling. Heavy metal is really good for those type of things.
TheShinje Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 Green Day's St. Jimmy gets me pumped up, not anything to do witht the lyrics, just it's hyped-up superpace. Aynthing else in that hard-fast punk category would do as well. Offspring etc.... :animeswea
Otohime Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 "Baby Got Back", by 'Sir Mix-A lot', gets me pretty pumped:P... Only because it gets me fixated with cooking: replacing the word 'butt' with 'cakes', and such likes. I usually unnerve anybody around as I know the words up to the first chorus, compared to some others who only know up to the first verse, due to having seen Shrek.
Sinistra Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Getting pumped for a sports game, such as soccer, I'll listen to the full version of "READY STEADY GO", [B]Full Metal Alchemist[/B]'s Opening Song by [U]L'Arc~en~Ciel[/U]. I remember getting ready for final exams a couple of weeks ago, I listened to "Dare" by [U]Gorillaz[/U] nonstop along with "THE RAGE BEAT" from [B]Gravitation[/B], an insert song by the main band, [U]Bad Luck[/U] and "Sleepless beauty" from [U]Nittle Grasper[/U], another band from Gravitation.[/FONT]
Kamuro Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [SIZE=1]Hatebreed usually gets me going if need be. Songs like "I Will Be Heard" just make you angry lol.[/SIZE]
GreatBird Posted July 7, 2005 Posted July 7, 2005 The song that gets me amped is Lets go by lil jon :cool:
apiekind Posted July 7, 2005 Posted July 7, 2005 [FONT=Arial]the only sort of music that get me all excited/energetic/not angry tho is DnB!!! :animesmil the likes of [B]dieselboy[/B], [B]ak1200[/B], [B]andy c[/B], [B]sibot[/B], [B]counterstrike[/B] ... and the list goes on and on, but one song in particular is [B][COLOR=Orange]Can't Let Go[/COLOR][/B] by [B]counterstrike[/B] that realy gets you 'pumped' up for somethin![/FONT]
Jake of Bodom Posted July 7, 2005 Posted July 7, 2005 [quote name='Box Hoy']Statix-X or Murderdolls. Each of them has the rise in speed and heaviness in their music that gets you pumped. Mainly I use it for mosh pits or backyard wrestling. Heavy metal is really good for those type of things.[/quote] Yes, metal is good for these type of things. So why don't you actually try listening to [I]metal[/I]? [QUOTE]Hatebreed usually gets me going if need be. Songs like "I Will Be Heard" just make you angry lol.[/QUOTE] That song makes you angry? It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside! :D It's actually a really positive song, as far as lyrics go.
nolimits Posted July 8, 2005 Posted July 8, 2005 [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Gray]i get relaxed rather than pumped when i listen to music ... i usually sleep before games and shows ... weird, i know ... [/COLOR][/FONT]
Kamuro Posted July 8, 2005 Posted July 8, 2005 [quote name='Jake of Bodom']That song makes you angry? It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside! :D It's actually a really positive song, as far as lyrics go.[/quote] [SIZE=1]It has a positive message, but it just sounds so angry lol. His voice is so scratchy and there's so much feeling within the song, you can feel his pain and his new found pride with each and every word. It definitely gets me going, I can't help but scream the words or jump around franticly lol.[/SIZE]
Jake of Bodom Posted July 8, 2005 Posted July 8, 2005 :laugh: Hey, whatever works! I feel uplifted when I listen to that song. It's so, like, inspiring and stuff.
Kazuhirou Posted July 9, 2005 Posted July 9, 2005 Gah...anything Heavy....Slipknot, Machine Head, Nothing Face, Static-X, Meshuggah, Mastodon, Avenged Sevenfold, Cradle of Filth...anything like that.
KitsuneGirl14 Posted July 10, 2005 Posted July 10, 2005 Well when i'm getting ready for a softball game I listen to Papa Roach,Green Day, The Offspring,Simple Plan Any punk band. That include the car ride to the Field. It depends on the mood I'm in and what Cd I want bring with me. I either put it in my CD player or my mom's car CD player.
ShadowFaintZero Posted July 11, 2005 Posted July 11, 2005 [COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]I listen to things like Coheed and Cambria, AFI, System of a Down, maybe Linkin Park every once a while.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] :catgirl:
AnimeFront Posted July 11, 2005 Posted July 11, 2005 I listen to Wait and bleed, and instead of saying air i say game "i felt the game rise up in me, kneel down adn clear the stone of leaves" or I listen to lets Go by lil jon, YEAH!.
Jake of Bodom Posted July 11, 2005 Posted July 11, 2005 [QUOTE]Gah...anything Heavy....Slipknot, Machine Head, Nothing Face, Static-X, Meshuggah, Mastodon, Avenged Sevenfold, Cradle of Filth...anything like that.[/QUOTE] \m/ MACHINE HEAD \m/ You get props, dude. [QUOTE=KitsuneGirl14]Well when i'm getting ready for a softball game I listen to Papa Roach,Green Day, The Offspring,Simple Plan Any punk band. That include the car ride to the Field. It depends on the mood I'm in and what Cd I want bring with me. I either put it in my CD player or my mom's car CD player.[/QUOTE] :laugh: Green Day, Simple Plan... punk? I think not, my friend. Not saying they're bad or anything, it's just that that's sure as HELL not punk.
Pumpkin Posted July 11, 2005 Posted July 11, 2005 [QUOTE=Jake of Bodom]\m/ MACHINE HEAD \m/ You get props, dude. :laugh: Green Day, Simple Plan... punk? I think not, my friend. Not saying they're bad or anything, it's just that that's sure as HELL not punk.[/QUOTE] [COLOR="#CC3366"][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][b]Green Day I would describe as soft rock. Bands like Simple plan and Good Charollete are not pink but pop rock, a new genre created by the media. Anyways back on topic, I like listening to metal songs as well, but hiphop songs can really get you pumped! Especially rap, even though most here probably from what I get the jist of it dispise it. It's definately a great way to bring out some energy. Also Mortal Kombat lol. No seriously. If you just listen to that song, you instantly feel more awake. Works everytime.[/FONT][/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now