OtakuBoards

2 people post at the same time

2010DigitalBoy

Yeah, I know, theres a who's online section. But lets say I'm in an RPG. I read everything and start typing a super long post. Someone else is reading the thread while Im posting and they write a post and enter it before me. I feel stupid because we're going to have to fix it.

There has to be some way to know.

I'm sorry, but I think there's no other solution to this than to edit your or the other person's post. The problem is quite minuscule, because it happens rarely, and even more rarely the two posts conflict with each other.

Well, it [I]has[/I] happened to me in an RPG, but it's really not a big effort to correct the post. ;)

[COLOR=#503F86]If you're worried it'll happen again, it may be an idea to check the Who's Online page before posting- that way you're more likely to be able to tell if someone's already writing a reply, or may be reading the thread in preparation. But that's not always entirely accurate.

Really, as Sage has already said it's a relatively tiny problem. So long as the two of you can compromise the posts between you there's no harm done ^_^[/COLOR]

If it's really critical, I usually keep another window/tab open and refresh the thead in question (to see if any new replies have come up) a second or two before posting. Checking the Who's Online page never even crossed my mind, haha, but it's also a good idea.

~Dagger~

[color=#4B0082]Or something else that you could do is put up a little post in the thread saying "post in progress" or whatever, so people know you're already in the process of writing. Then when you're finished, edit the post and replace the "in progress" message with the actual post.

Just make sure you don't stop in the middle of writing without deleting the message. People might end up waiting a long time, heh.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion in the past, and honestly there's very little you can do about it. If the other person is willing to augment their post to accommodate yours then tit's all well and good and your post hasn't gone to waste. If they're not then you'll just have to accept it and go back to the drawing board, a trite answer but all that can be given.

Baron is right to say pre-write it, that saves an awful lot of trouble as you never know when you go to reply , there's a problem and you end up losing your post and having to rewrite it all over again.[/SIZE]