OtakuBoards

Suicide(Common Topic <.<)

Persona

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid][B]Suicide is supposedly a ticket to freedom for those who wish to leave their body. But truly?is it really that way? Anyone who commits suicide has been either raped, abuse, neglected, outsider, etcetera?some are just sick of life, but is committing suicide truly an easy way out of life issues? Also, do you believe people should be allowed to choose life or death? I mean, with their own life. If someone believes their life is crappy and not worth living, would you okay their choice to die? Or do you think its unacceptable. See I type this, because I was once in a situation?many times. I had a friend once, serious issues?told me she wanted to die. I took it seriously and told her not to do anything stupid?told her parents and counselor in school. She knew it was me and hated me ever since?I would never forget her final words towards me, ?It?s my right to choose life or death?not yours.?. She was still alive afterwards; went to counseling. Few years later (11th grade)?I received a phone call from her (She knew my other fiend and got my #), my heart dropped when I heard her voice. She told me thank you and then and there I cried. She had hung up after that and never heard from her again?until 2 days ago?I received another phone call?this time it was her mother, she was gone?died the day before. Cause of death suffocation. I cried all night, not only for her death...but it got me thinking, what if I was able to pull my suicide off? See I was in that position?many times. [/B]

[I]I was raped when I was six years old, by my mothers boyfriend (x). Also abused, told my grandmother?promised me she would handle it?never did. He slept with my three aunts and granny. I could never tell my mother, cause he was always around. Anyhow long story short when I was 12, I tried to slice my wrist?couldn?t. By then he was gone?but holding inside so much pain and a horrible secret drove me mad. Eight years later, I told my mother (10th grade), went through court?.family against us (and they all knew it was true). I was in the same position again and again I failed to kill myself. He got 50 yrs, but still it wasn?t enough for me?I was scared for life, suffered all those years because of him (2 years, stood in family and had a baby with the youngest?so he stood in the family and kept an eye on me). I know this may be long so I will cut it short, last month I tried to kill myself again?told my mother this time and it created an uproar?I still couldn?t let go of my childhood self, that was the most I ever cried. Then there I realized that I was being ignorant, people cared for me?I couldn?t leave them?I couldn?t give up on myself?I could still make a future and was. Then and there I let go of my past and began to finally heal and be happy, suicide wasn?t the answer and it never will be. [/I]

[B]I probably rambled on here, but give your opinions upon my questions in the beginning, thoughts, etcetera. [/B] [/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I strongly disapprove of suicide. My friend tried to commit suicide twice, and ever since, I've disapproved.

The reason I do is because the person who says that they want to commit suicide are, in my opinion, selfish. They only think invertly and about how bad [I]their[/I] life is. They never think "It could be worse." If they would have considered that, they would have never committed suicide.

I also think of suicide as the coward's way out. Life is one big, pissed off lion, growling at you, shoving you down, and tearing you apart. The people who are too scared to push back commit suicide.

I become reather annoyed at the large percentage of teenagers that the notion of suicide has affected. Every other day, I hear someone saying "I want to die" for no reason. Don't even start to tell me that I don't know the person, because most of the time, I do. They're usually really rich and spoiled and say that they want to die because their mom and dad won't let them go to a party.

Sorry if that got a little long winded. Near the end, I think I got a little angry too. But that's my stand on it and I'll stick by it.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed] :animecry: :animecry:
Wow, sad story :( I'm really sorry for you, I know that I've had a similar situation but notihng that extreme... Let's just say that, if it wasn't for the fact that it is notoriously difficult to shoot oneself in the face with a shotgun (And I am far to lazy to rig up a pully system) I wouldn't be typing this. It was for my own selfish reasons and I know now that was a dumb, dumb thing to do.

I know you've probably heard this a thousand times, but suicide, no matter how good and fluffy it might seem to just end all the suffering and the bad memories, but, unless your a selfish person, it is most definatly the wrong thing to do. I don't think that somone should have the right to kill themselves, especially if they've bound themselves to anothers life (i.e parents, close friends etc etc) their death would create a black-hole of sorts that would drag their lives down into it...

Point of order: Suicide. Do. Not. Attempt.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I strongly agree with to both of yous about being selfish and you Kenshinsbae have every right to be mad, there is no wrong or right answers. Selfisness is what people think...when things don't go there way...they look for an easy way out. About rich kids, I won't touch that subject. but anyhow, just to think there are people far off worse than the person who is about to or think of doing suiced and you have to look at that, becaue those who have gone through worse...the majority have lived on and made a life. People shoudln't end there life, becuase everything is all wrong....you and only you can make adifference upon yourself. It took me a while to learn that..but at least I find out...before I actually went through something so rediculious. (Had something else to say...but forgot!)[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I think I was only angry because this is one of the subjects that gets me really emotional. I spout really weird, stupid things when I get emotional. That's probably where the "rich kids" thing came from. ^.^;;; Sorry, just felt I had to say that. Continue with the subject.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I had a very close friend who commited suicide by [spoiler]stabbing herself right in the heart[/spoiler]. She was abused by her parents non-stop and her friends, including myself, constantly "kidnapped" her for the day or even let her stay a few nights. Eventually, it just became too overwhelming and she just gave up. None of us obviously got a call from her parents, one of my friends called her house because it was her "turn" and her 'mom' answered and told her that her daughter had died. My friend said that her voice sounded very cold, but not sad, angry, or upset. That's basically the end of that story.

I have two other friends, one that I've previously dated, who are in the same position (but perhaps a little better off than the above girl). They're both suicidal and I've adopted the "kidnapping" thing with their friends, most of which are my friends as well. We're just hoping that this time will work out better...

Anyways, obviously, I'm completely against suicide. I got a bit upset typing this, but it also makes me feel better, just knowing that my experience is here and maybe someone else can learn from it.

[QUOTE=kenshinsbabe][SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I strongly disapprove of suicide. My friend tried to commit suicide twice, and ever since, I've disapproved.

The reason I do is because the person who says that they want to commit suicide are, in my opinion, selfish. They only think invertly and about how bad [I]their[/I] life is. They never think "It could be worse." If they would have considered that, they would have never committed suicide.

I also think of suicide as the coward's way out. Life is one big, pissed off lion, growling at you, shoving you down, and tearing you apart. The people who are too scared to push back commit suicide.

I become reather annoyed at the large percentage of teenagers that the notion of suicide has affected. Every other day, I hear someone saying "I want to die" for no reason. Don't even start to tell me that I don't know the person, because most of the time, I do. They're usually really rich and spoiled and say that they want to die because their mom and dad won't let them go to a party.

Sorry if that got a little long winded. Near the end, I think I got a little angry too. But that's my stand on it and I'll stick by it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on some respects. How is saying "Your life could be worse" going to help a suicidal person? If anything it will push them over the edge. So what if someone's life is worse off then yours? That's suppose to make everything better? I'm not trying to sound mean here, but just open up your eyes to a bigger image. A person could be rich, live in a mansion, and still not be happy with themselves. You don't always have to have a troubled past, and how do you know their life isn't screwed up? Just because they got money and a mercedes they drive around they should be happy? There is a big difference from the "I want to die" in just saying it as a phrase then actually meaning it, I hope you know the difference. This does not mean I agree with suicide keep in mind.

[i]I say this because when I was younger I was very wealthy. Everyone use to tell me I was so lucky because I would get this and that the second it came out. True I was showered in material items but my life at home was way worse then any of the kids at school imagined. And I'm suppose to be thankful? Every day people would tell me "Your life is perfect, just be lucky it could be worse. Your dad could molest you etc.". Well he didn't, but does that make my life perfect? No. [/i]

I don't believe suicide to be selfish. Because most are confused about what they could do. They just need guidance. Calling someone selfish after suicide, I think is the biggest insult you can do. Also, you say that everyone has someone that cares about them? Sadly, this is not so for everyone. What about orphans who have no one? There are truely people out there that no one would care if died. It's up to the person to continue to live and believe me it takes a strong person to pull out of a deep depression (if obviously they are contemplating suicide). I know I didn't have the hardest life, but that still doesn't mean I had the easiest. I'm a stronger person because of that. But don't disrespect the people who committed suicide, you can only do so much to help. In reality, it truely is making the decision. You can't stop someone, but like I said, you can help. It's okay to disagree with what I just said, but I was just trying to state my opinion.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest bloody-blades
[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua]Hi, I've thought of suicide before, but I didn't do it. I figured someone had to stay and raise my little brother, seemed no one else was. sure my parents were there, but not. My parents are divorced, and my fathers job took him every where you could think of outside and inside the US, and my mother was going to College full time. SO that ment no time for my brother and I, we were neglected, but I stayed there for him even when I felt that there was no there for me. I know that they love me, But some times it doesn't feel like it and I keep thinking if i should take the knife and use it on my own flesh...

Selfish I know, but the thoughts still plague me, the temptation. My family has... I don't know settled I guess. Both of my parents are remarried, having kids with those spouses, and my mother is out of school. I have been diagnosed with crohn's Disease and I'm figfhting it... with them at my side. It feels awkward now, having them near me, I'm used to burying myself in a book or drawing tucked inside my room far away from them. I'm used to the ingoring they used to give, not all the attention to the paleness of my skin, or the amount of time I spend sleeping, or my homework. I'm used to being a shadow amongst the people at home and everywhere else I go. It's painful all the attention, I'm used to dealing with any pains I have by myself, Not everyone, and it really is everyone and it scares me an awful lot.

But, the one thing it tells me that's helping me to cope with the attention. It's actually there and I am loved, I may be a shadow but people are attached to me and I can't hurt them like that with suicide. I'd be taking away from them as well as the life that lays before me. I know that, but still the temptation resides, the question is, Can I quell it, Can I control it, Can I live with the knowledge of it? I'm working on it and I have help, But this is truly a matter I have to work out alone.[/FONT][/COLOR]]

Don't you think it's your own life? If you want to end it, nothing should stop you. I had my issues *looks at his cut wrists* but I personally didn't really think it was worth it. But, in my opinion, if someone wants to commit suicide, they should be given freedom to do it. It's one's choice, after all.

My mother tried to commit suicide a few times, too [well, long story]. I was pretty much a kid the last time it happened [I was about 13-14], so I didn't think of anything better than to call [our analogue of] 911. She was really heavilly sliiting her wrists around at that point and even with that managed to kick some fuss to the medics; anyway, they drove her away to an asylum for a few months, and she returned a nice person. She never has any kinds of these thoughts now, she doesn't drink at all [that was a ~problem too], she has success in dropping smoking, she holds an orderly life. That sucks =_=. I had a really fun later childhood hitchiking over the whole Europe, some years living in Switzerland, all without ever a visa or something - nice memories, it was pretty crazy and sweet. Now I see a mechanical person with an abused past who only comes to work and gets from work, rarely saying hello to me, and sitting all her free time off in ICQ chatting with guys from those 'find-a-partner' sites. If I told her that some 3 years ago, I would be seriously kicked and laughed at. And at nights, I hear her cry. Pretty loud. Other than that, we live in a nice house and stuff. I just finished school and happened to enter a pretty prestige uni last monday, whee. Now I'm going to shoot movies like my whole family did and probably become an uber cool rocker if my band *kicks lazy ***holes* won't be such a bunch of do-nothing-good crappers, all hail JRock. Don't know why I wrote this, anyway.

As for being selfish...yes, selfishness is part of the formula. But sometimes I think it is just desperation. They want so much for someone to pull them out of this feeling that they have...and they don't know how to ask for help. So they commit suicide....some try desperatedly to get the attention of people (which is why most suicidal people leave signs and clues that they want to commit suicide)

I had a friend of mine. Little by little her friends started commiting suicide...and while talking to her, I began to notice that it was in fact a suicide pact and that she had made it as well. I talked to her and tried to tell her that there is always a way out...that to end your life isn't right. I even gave her various hugs and allowed her to cry until she couldn't no more.

She never did commit suicide and is now married and quiet happy with her life. She called me the other day to thank me for helping her...that I was the only one that gave her the time of day (her parents were oblivious to the fact of what was going on in her life)

Sometimes, you have to think of the people you are leaving behind and whether it REALLY IS worth ending your life. Usually there are so many good things that you are leaving behind (even as simple as a rain drop falling down the petal of a flower) that nothing is EVER worth ending your life....or causing those you love so much suffereing.

[FONT=Arial Black]my great uncle commited suicide when I was little. He did it for a rather unselfish reason. He had developed a brain tumor and didn't want the family to be burdened by him deteriorating.

But what my great uncle DIDN'T understand was that....it was a burden we were all willing to take if it ment him being by our side. We wanted to be with him...and he had no right to take that away from us...simply because he ASSUMED that is the way it had to be.

The people he tried so hard to keep from getting a burden...ended up with the greatest burden of all ....the "what if I was there". My grandmother and aunt (who loved my great uncle very much) blamed themselves for him doing that. My aunt cried in her own wedding because she wanted for my great uncle to be there to see her...but he took his life away.[/FONT]

so, even for what seems to be unselfish reasons, suicide is NEVER the answer...and at the end you will ALWAYS end up hurting the ones you love

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [B]ChemAngel[/B]
so, even for what seems to be unselfish reasons, suicide is NEVER the answer...and at the end you will ALWAYS end up hurting the ones you love[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I agree.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [B]Pumpkin[/B]
Also, you say that everyone has someone that cares about them? Sadly, this is not so for everyone. What about orphans who have no one? There are truely people out there that no one would care if died.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]While respecting your opinion, I have to disagree with you on this account. While I never said that everyone has someone that cares about them, I do strongly belive it. For the orphan situation, there are other orphans in orphanages and chances are they've made a friend or two. Even if that's not true, the matron would most likely miss them.

I belive that there's no such thing as a justified suicide. But that's just me.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I'm torn on the suicide issue.

99/100, Suicide is a terribly selfish thing to do, hurting those who love you more than you realize. When done for attention, it's completely ironic, as you're not there to recieve the attention anymore. The whole "they'll be sorry when I'm gone" is stupid, selfish, and utterly blind. However, for the rare occasion, where the person's life is living hell, they've been treated like a diseased mutt, raped, missing two parents, living with a drunkard/abusive set of grandparents, I can [i]almost[/i] see those people's points.

But I guess after fleshing out my thoughts more, I'm against suicide. Those who do commit suicide are short sighted, not seeing that they're free when they become old enough to move out. Their gates swing open. Their life becomes beautiful.

[B]However, I say that we don't all go preaching that suicide is shameful and stupid and selfish, until you walk a mile in that person's shoes. You'd probably only want to walk a foot or so, before you realized how painful and terrible their life may be.[/B][/SIZE]

I'm answering to this thread on the way out the door, so I didn't have time to read the rest of the posts... sorry if I repeat anyone else. Anyway, here it goes:

First of all, your story is certainly a tragic one... I'm deeply sorry. I have more than a few friends with stories like that one, believe it or not. It's a messed up world sometimes, no?

Anyway - suicide. Tried it. Bad. I won't go into detail. Just know that I've totally and completely been there! I've felt that pain, that feeling that festers inside, eating away at every ounce of your compassion and lust for life... that internal darkness that shrouds any slight glimmer of hope, creating a cacoon of despair that grows deeper and deeper with each dreary, colorless day... I know how it feels. But hey, I'm here, and glad as FUCl< my parents found me before I died. (Not at all proud of this, but hey, I'll never actually meet any of you. And for some reason, some people brag about it... no. Not here.)

Now none of this is directed toward you, Ceres, because toward the end there you figured it out :animesmil :animesigh . This is just generally speaking.

First of all, while it sounds really, really harsh, I think suicide is very selfish. It was hella selfish of me to attempt, and I admit that. Anyway, here's the thing:

[SIZE=3][B]Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.[/B] [/SIZE]

That's the bottom line. No matter how hard things get, no matter what kind of messed up sh!t happens, the problems are transient. We all feel hopeless at times, just some feel more hopeless than others. If you kill yourself, there will be NO CHANCE AT ALL for things to get better! None. Because you're dead. At least when you're alive, things have the chance of getting better!

And there's at least one person out there who loves you deeply and truely. Whether it's a parent or a friend - whatever. Someone loves you. If you commit suicide, you will be putting the people you care about through insurmountable pain and agony. That's stopped me before... I just can't imagine doing that to someone I love that much.

Also, another good reason for me personally because I'm a Christian is that, according to my personal set of beliefs, one goes to hell for comitting suicide (it's considered extremely selfish and technically it's murder). I'd rather suffer for 80 years on Earth and go to Heaven then suffer 17 years on earth and then suffer much worse for eternity in Hell. But to many people that's all just religious hogswash.

[color=crimson]It's idiotic to ask someone to compare their situation to something worse as if that would make them feel better. If you are maimed, you don't find satisfaction in the fact that someone out there might be more maimed than you- you still have a sense of loss. You lost something important to you. It might not be that big of a deal to other people [and it usually isn't], but for whatever reason it is to you. A person more scarred, more bloodied, more torn up than you will not ease your own pain. They are on a different path- just the fact they are more butchered than you doesn't solve much at all, does it?

Committing suicide for melodramatic reasons is a waste of a human- teenage angst is in high supply these days, so I rarely see anyone who has a 'valid' reason for being on the brink of self extermination. It's quite horrible if you do find someone who has a valid reason to want to die- if you ever experience that feeling, it is something you will not forget. Is it selfish? I don't know. It might be. It might not be. I know that if I was about to do it, I would lament the pain I was about to cause my peers- but if it was such a horrible sensation to exist, then I would still do it.

Suicide is an answer. It will always be an answer no matter how much society is dedicated to saying it isn't. It's your choice if it's an answer for you, but you cannot make that choice for anyone other than yourself.

P.S. Jeez. Dramatic stories of the past are so popular these days. *rubs forehead*[/color]

A lot of sob stories here. Tch.

Suicide is a weakling's answer to a problem. They can't do anything for themselves at all, can't fight back, can't resist, can't find some help, and so they take the quote-unquote easy way out. In whatever form of the afterlife or nonexistance there is beyond our feeble understanding, you will burn for it. No matter what happens, no matter how bad, you're just a coward in my eyes if you take your own life. Nothing is bad enough to kill yourself, to waste the potential you've been given. And if you believe otherwise you deserve whatever you get for being a foolish EMO child.

*awaits the onslaught*

[SIZE=1]Wow, it was really hard not to flame some of the people in this thread but I shall reserve my anger for another time.

Suicide varies, as much as we'd love to be able to generalize all cases instead of going from person to person, it just isn't possible. None of us have the right to speak for anyone else, let alone everyone associated with suicide. I think it's very narrow-minded to simply assume that everyone has people who care about them. In some cases, there truly isn't. And even when there are people who care about you, isn't it their job to make sure you know? So what if people care about you, if you don't know that they care, then it's the same as being alone. And speaking from this point of veiw, how can you call it selfish? Sure, the person is thinking of themselves, but in their mind thats all that needs to be considered. No one has extended a hand to aid them in their perils and no one has given them any chance whatsoever, so why give them the chance? Why consider those who never did the same for you?

To each his own, and no matter the case it varies between each. No one has the right to call suicide selfish and claim it fact rather then opinion. You asked for the onslaught Chaos, and you shall be given it. Some events in peoples lives, the pain they feel and the hurt they've been put through, you could never fathom. It's easy to call them weak, sitting upon your own high horse and looking down among those who thought the world best without them. They've been left with no other choice, people like you blinded by your own ignorance mocking them rather then lending a hand to your fellow man. "Nothing is bad enough to kill yourself," you say? Really, have you experienced every pain there is, mental or physical, and brought us this final conclusion to support your veiws on the subject? I don't believe you have, and I don't believe your opinion should even be considered valid after not only what you said, but the way you said it.

An "emo" reference, is that what emo is? I seem to remember posting a thread on the very same subject and coming up with quite different results. "Emo," another way for you to generalize about a subject not meant to be cluttered and packed together as one. It's ridiculous.

Karma will come around, and you will be dealt the hand you deserve. Mocking those who know true pain, you'll wonder where everyone is when you've fallen. As strong as you may be I'd like to see you go through life with no one there to comfort you, and you'll deserve every ounce of pain you're given, and we'll see just how strong you are. What you may veiw as whining could be simply someone's life, the things they've been through and the trials they've endured. Perhaps you'd understand if you took time to listen rather then boast your own strength by putting down those you deem "emo." I'd rather someone kill themselves then have to suffer the ridicule of people like you.

I will provide no sob story, and I don't expect sympathy from any of you. I only wish that you might open your eyes and see the big picture rather then the one thats been provided for you. With so many conflicting opinions and beliefs on the subject, how can you merely classify yourself on one side of such a large issue? Especially without hearing all the details on each.[/SIZE]

This thread has gotten out of hand...I don't appreciate insultant remarks...you shouldn't post nor read if you know your problems with stuff like this...This topic will be closed once I pm a moderator...Simply phatetic for people to come in here and insult one another.

[quote name='Ceres][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrchid][B]Suicide is supposedly a ticket to freedom for those who wish to leave their body. But truly?is it really that way? Anyone who commits suicide has been either raped, abuse, neglected, outsider, etcetera?some are just sick of life, but is committing suicide truly an easy way out of life issues? Also, do you believe people should be allowed to choose life or death?[/B] [/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

Please don't say "Anyone who commits suicide has been either raped, abused, neglected, outsider, et cetera..." (even though some of that didn't make sense), because that's stereotyping.

People who commit suicide aren't always the subject of any abuse, sexual or otherwise, any type of neglect, or anything that would drive a person to kill themselves in the mind of society- sometimes, a person with a happy life kill theirself.

Why? Because they're not happy with who they are.

To be unhappy with oneself is usually something personal, something that isn't triggered by someone else.

So when you talk about suicide, do not stereotype.

*rolls eyes*

I'll make this brief, because apparently people can't deal with someone expressing their opinions. What is it with people these days? You ask for someone's thoughts and when you get it you complain. The fact of the matter is that there is ALWAYS something you can do, no matter WHAT has happened or what will happen. In some shape or form you can help yourself or get help. That's the point I was driving for.

And yes, I do think suicide is something that only someone looking for an escape will do. But I never said I wouldn't feel for them. I would and have gone to funerals mourning those that took their own lives, and you know what? I still feel the same way. If you can't deal with that, I'm sorry for seeing the point.

Kamuro, I'd like to make the point you've made; have you live my life? I doubt it, so how exactly can you know what I've been through enough to judge me? I have very few options to deal with my own problems, but do you see a gun in my mouth? Tss.

As for insulting anyone, I do not recall putting any specific names down. I was generalizing my comments. Granted, I can be a royal pain in the ***, but if you could take a second and realize that perception is also part of the problem, we might not have so much trouble.

PS, just to return the favor: It's 'pathetic'.

Not in anyway have i named people who have insulted in anyway...nor was it directed to your posts. Everyone is allowed to post their opinions without bering sarcastic at some points. I have read the majority of postings here and have found few members flamming one anthoer all because opinion was expressed. No one should be saying that they are sick of people saying this or that...or people wanting attention...ectectera...stuff like that. Nor was I complaining aobut what people say upon this...I only complained about certian members ignorance towards others....debate is a thing people should undestand and take it without insults.

Edit:BTW Mr.P....the one who quoted my beginning post. The word ectectera was put in there..so it continued, I just named common ones.

Well, I have to say, I didn't [b]intend[/b] on insulting anyone... It's just that I consider suicide a sin and an abomination. And I expressed that. ...Quite vehemently, too. >_>;

Either way, you shouldn't let that get you distraught. Since when should you care what I think? Or anyone, for that matter? You can make up your own mind. Why pay attention to a blockhead who takes no consideration to the details and just generalizes.

See my point?

YOU have to be the person to let someone get under your skin. If you take a step back and look at what people say, you can pretty much find out, a lot of the time, they do it in regards to themselves, without much genuine care of others' feelings. So, please, don't take my inane statements too closely to heart.

Well hun I don't know whos skin you got into, but certianly not mine. i'm not mad...I'm just quite upset about how people take things overboard...Plus if your opinions were expressed...than people would be reading your post and replying to it...so your post wasn't to be ignored. This is a discussion. But just to clear this all up I have no issue with this seriously...I'm am quite short tempepred that is all. But just watch what you post...because others can also put in a few words and start somwething, now i do apologize if I myself have insulted anyone upon my thread...I merely wanted a formal discussion and view upon what other members think that is all.

[font=Trebuchet MS]As much as I'd like to be pro-choice about suicide, I can't say I'd agree with a friend or someone in my family killing themselves just because they've decided their life is worth living. There are, however, a lot of factors that can drive someone to commit suicide. A person could be, for instance, clinically depressed, which is something that can't be solved alone (at least not immediately).

A lot of people look at suicide as a cowardly and selfish way out of a problem because a person isn't thinking of the people who care for them. But don't you think that the people that care for them could be just as selfish for [i]not[/i] wanting someone they know to kill themselves? After all, it's easy for someone who isn't suicidal to say that life isn't so bad.

Saying suicide is selfish and cowardly is a generalization. There are too many reasons people kill themselves to say that's it's a "weakling's way out". With that in mind though, a lot of people [i]do [/i]commit suicide without really thinking it through. For instance, in some abuse cases, the abused will kill themselves without ever seeking help.

I'm undecided on the topic. I suppose I could just blame it on society for causing the problems that lead to suicide in the first place. :p
[/font]

[QUOTE=Kamuro][SIZE=1]
Karma will come around, and you will be dealt the hand you deserve. Mocking those who know true pain, you'll wonder where everyone is when you've fallen. As strong as you may be I'd like to see you go through life with no one there to comfort you, and you'll deserve every ounce of pain you're given, and we'll see just how strong you are. What you may veiw as whining could be simply someone's life, the things they've been through and the trials they've endured. Perhaps you'd understand if you took time to listen rather then boast your own strength by putting down those you deem "emo." I'd rather someone kill themselves then have to suffer the ridicule of people like you.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]*blink* Wow... Kammy... some of those comments were not needed.

First of all, with the karma thing. That is [b]not[/b] acceptable, to wish pain and anguish upon someone's life. Just because they put you down does not mean you are given the permission or the right to wish pain and strife upon their own. You should want to comfort that person, to forgive them for their blindness. Think Jesus... whether you believe if He was real or a fairy tale, the general principle behind the lessons he gave are still applicable to this world.

Secondly, it is not a good thing to want someone to die, rather than be brave and courageous and stand up to scathing ridicule. Someone wisely said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It took my breath away how it summed up my views on it. I understand that living in a dark world, devoid of all warmth and hope is hell. Perhaps I don't understand it, but I see where you're coming from. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that if the person happens to have some sort of strength and resolve to want to live through the pain and suffering, it's a beautiful thing. Doors open after you get through the dark times. Life is good again. It's hard to see that when everyday is living hell, but if someone does happen to see it, it's admirable and courageous.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]Bravo, Retribution. My thoughts exactly. That's how I got out of my recent bout with depression-knowing that when I finally got through it, everything would be alright again. Once I left that part of the road behind me, I was very proud of myself for sticking to life when the going got rough.

But back to the subject- Reading the previous posts, I do see where alot of you are coming from and how you can defend those who have committed suicide. But if it was someone close to you who actually did it, didn't you feel sadness and even a little bit of anger? I did, when my friend tried to commit suicide. I was a bit angry with her because after all the work I did to make her feel happy, she still tried it.

There's my two cents. *clink* *clink*
P.S: My friend promised me she'd never try it again and we've never been better friends. ^.^[/FONT][/SIZE]