OtakuBoards

4kids

narutobleachfan

[quote name='Killer7']Actually I was talking of region 1 or region 0 anime dvds. Nowadays thier alot of good region 1 or 0 dvds with Japanese voice and english subs. Now I don't know much about bootlegs, but I will buy it as long as it has an actual customized case.[/quote]
Region 0s are basically always bootlegs. And you can pretty much assume that anything with tri-fold packaging is a bootleg as well. And aside from a couple of scattered DVDs from FUNimation, no 4Kids series is legitimately available in uncut/bilingual form in North America. That's part of the reason people complain about the company so much.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE]Region 0s are basically always bootlegs. And you can pretty much assume that anything with tri-fold packaging is a bootleg as well.[/QUOTE]

Well that means that I have alot of bootleg stuff, I guess thats what you get when you buy a 26 episode series for $25 off of Ebay. Not that I have even close to enough money to afford the real stuff. I do have standards though, if it is a crappy plastic case I won't buy it. Anyway, when you say Tri-fold, do you mean it opens up three ways to three discs?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple] I must say that I really don't like 4Kids. They've changed their name so many times I forget what it's called until someone tells me. Wasn't one of the names TheFoxBox or something like that. I also don't like they way they changed up TokyoMewMew. MewMewPower reminds me of Sailor Moon but a poor job on the work. The manga is alot better for little kids like my sister but the anime is just awful. :catgirl: [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='BlackTigerGurl][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple] I must say that I really don't like 4Kids. They've changed their name so many times I forget what it's called until someone tells me. Wasn't one of the names TheFoxBox or something like that.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]
I'm not sure what you mean here. FoxBox is part of the channel, 4Kids is just the company that licenses and the shows you're watching. FoxBox and 4Kids aren't the same company. That's like saying 4Kids changed their name to KidsWB because they showed Yu-Gi-Oh! on KidsWB.

-ArV

yeah i dont know why 4kids always keeps on changing there name all the time but it IS the only way those who dont have cable can even get to watch anime anymore so basicly coming from me i dont like them but my friend who doesnt have cable at all basicly worships them

[color=navy][size=1]In the future, please add more punctuation to your posts (commas, periods and whatever else may be needed). As things are, they're a little difficult to read. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

I was in the middle of writing something completely different when I went to bring up the FCC. That made me remember why I hated 4kids so much in the first place.

Does 4kids pick up anime that's mainly aimed at little kids anyways? Yeah.

Does 4kids even look at the shows that the anime community really cares about? Not usually.

Would the western anime community be talking about any of the 4kids shows if they had been brought to us uncut? Probably not.

But does 4kids support and help add to the wussification of the west? Definitely.

Companies like 4kids cater to the over-protective parents... that's not a group that society should support. Their agenda, combined with the support of our schools and politicians, will ultimately help turn their kids into soft-skinned pansies that don't know how to react on their own when a problem like bullying or failure smacks them in the face. 4kids may only be a really small part of it, but the existance of groups like them encourage society to continue down the path of youth wussification.

[QUOTE=sand dragon 19]it IS the only way those who dont have cable can even get to watch anime
[/QUOTE]

So 4kids is a station?

[quote name='BlackTigerGurl']Maybe it's just down here in America because 4Kids had a different name than that. It's kinda confusing so I won't go into detail about it.[/quote]

So 4kids had a different name... being FoxBox?

Ok, I looked it up online, since you wont go into detail about it.
The Fox Network ran FoxKids and then FoxBox. Due to budget issues they had to create a partnership with 4Kids Entertainment and there is now a section called 4Kids TV. 4Kids TV shows mostly 4Kids Entertainment shows, with the exception of Ninja Turtles.

Though, I'm still not sure, is 4Kids TV on the Fox Network?

-ArV

I beleive that 4kids is scewing up anime that is amied toward little kids. They do horrible dubbing an whatnot, but only older anime veiwers care. Although, my little brother (he's ) once said, "How come they changed Horohoro and Len and Hao's names? Isn't he supposed to have a diffrent name?" He has read some manga, so he knows all of the original names of characters.
What 4kids is doing is wrong! they're taking anime that's amied towards little kids and messing with it way tooo much, until it's like palm sized peices! I can understand them censoring curse word and some blood, but they are messing with anime waaaaaay to much!

I'd say most of the hate for $kids spurs from hijacking different series and manipulating the plot. A prime example is Yu-Gi-Oh. If you don't know what I mean, then by all means pick up a copy of the manga and read a chapter. 4kids changed a series about death into a series about friendship. Friendship is important and all, but imagine the The Terminator being translated and made into a story about Happy bunnies.

They cut out the whole 1st season of Yu-Gi-Oh! ._. Must've been the whole "People dying and getting their souls eaten" and such. Neither the American anime nor the manga include Miho, which is good in a sense because she gets a little annoying after a while. -_-

4kids has killed some of my favorite anime. I tend to avoid any anime they've touched now and go with the manga/unedited version.

Guest dancer1024
4kids chopped up tokyo mew mew and threw it in the GARBAGE! :animecry: :animeangr How is it possible for Tokyo Mew Mew NOT to be cute? By having 4kids dub it, rename it Mew Mew Power, aim it at 5 year old girls, change all the girls names and their weapons, and give them voices that would make a deaf person cringe.Ichigo is now Zoey, Mint is Corina, Lettuce is Bridget, Pudding is Kiki and Zakuro is Renee!!!!! Ryou is now Elliot, Keichirou is now Wesley J Coolridge and Masaya is now Mark!!!!!!!!! Dont forget the insert songs! 4kids out in a bunch of plain awful songs throughout each episode in the place of henshin music, as well as changing the adorable theme song ?My Sweet Heart? to that hideous ?Team Up!? :animestun :mad:

4kids has never been good with theme songs, the evidence being the Pokemon and Yugioh songs. Honestly if they had somehow been allowed to translate it, they could of screwed up Spirited Away. Honeslty though I don't think I can name one good anime they have translated other then Tokyo Mew Mew.

• 10 months later...
It's sarcasm corner!
4Kids is the best company EVER!!!!!!!! Between their complete and utterly faithful adaptation of One Piece and Shaman King and their original classics such as Bratz and G.I. Joe (Sigma Sucks) this is one awesome company!
Seriously though, most people don't care how you spell Zo_o. I put L's because the American Manga does.

[color=#007520]Last warning Aceburner, necromancing threads from 2005 isn't allowed unless they're in the Official Threads Directory.

I would also suggest that you read further than the first post.

Thread Closed.

-r2[/color]