OtakuBoards

Dance Dance Revolution- What's your favorite song?

RavenDragon

I'd like to remind everyone that all posts should contribute to the conversation at hand-- at least on some level.

rawopotato, you're free to express your dislike of Dance Dance Revolution. However, don't be afraid to go into depth to explain your reasoning. Try putting a little more effort in your posts, and maybe think twice before you do or say something that might antagonize other users. Things might escalate to a place no one wants to go.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Well, Let's see here... *looks through list of DDR songs on playlist*.

[B]Candy (Vocal Mix)[/B], [B]Speed Over Beethoven[/B], [B]Maxx Unlimited[/B], and about countless others, but I'll keep my list short. I really get into the techno/dance beat that goes along with each of these songs while playing them in the arcade. Each of them really gets the blood going, and it's just a blast to dance to them. I acutually dislike the samurai-ish songs in the game; They really trip me up, and I lose the rythm real quick. The speed mixes and techno songs are all my favorites. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]It's tough, 'cause I really like a bunch of songs from DDR. It's probably a toss-up between [U]Dive[/U] (Be For U), [U]Firefly[/U] (again, Be For U), [U]Pink Rose[/U] (Can't remember the group), and [U]Love Love Sugar[/U] (DJ Taka).

Don't ask about the Love Love Sugar on that list. I like quirky songs.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]My favorites are a couple of songs from the older game. I really like [i]Burning Heat[/i] (which is a remix of the original Gradius [Sega Genesis] theme song) and [i]Ready, Steady, Go[/i] (which has also been featured in a number of movies including [i]Collateral[/i] and [i]The Bourne Identity[/i]. There are a couple of others but those are my favorites.[/color][/font]

Yay, another DDR thread.

"You're Not Here," is an excellent song. It's actually from Konami's [i]Silent Hll 3[/i]. The steps for it on Heavy are also awesome.

"A" is awesome as well. I like the more techno-ey songs on DDR, they're nice. I also like how this is a tempo-changer - it goes really slow at the beginning and then just speeds up a lot all the way to the end of the song.

"Tsugaru." This song is wonderful. It has the best beat ever. . .I can just hear it in my head right now. The steps for it are also excellent.

Guess that's enough for now.

[color=#6699cc]I really like [i]Butterfly[/i] for some reason. It's just such a fun song to dance to (and not necessarily DDR). And I love [i]Speed over Beethoven[/i]. I also like [i]Breakdown[/i] and [i]Nori Nori Nori[/i].

I really despise [i]Tsugaru[/i]. I've never been able to do it well. No matter what level I try it at, I'm always off.[/color]

[QUOTE=Lore][color=#6699cc]I really like [i]Butterfly[/i] for some reason. It's just such a fun song to dance to (and not necessarily DDR). And I love [i]Speed over Beethoven[/i]. I also like [i]Breakdown[/i] and [i]Nori Nori Nori[/i].

I really despise [i]Tsugaru[/i]. I've never been able to do it well. No matter what level I try it at, I'm always off.[/color][/QUOTE]

Hands down my all time favorite DDR song is the Speed-Over Beethoven. I never go a round of DDR without that song. 2nd place goes to the Hyper Eurobeat. 3rd place goes to this one song. I don't know it's title, because it is in Japanese characters, but it is like a rock kind of song and it has red in the back round with like a rap samurai jamming out or something. Also, it gets faster the more you go through the song. Yeah, I know I like the fast songs, becuase I'm not some kind of slow poke.

[quote name='Lore][color=#6699cc]I really despise [i]Tsugaru[/i']. I've never been able to do it well. No matter what level I try it at, I'm always off.[/color][/quote]

I don't know how helpful I can be, but I guess my main question would be, do you know how to gallop? Knowing how to gallop is pretty much essential for Standard or Heavy of "Tsugaru." Other than that, all I can say is practice it.

I learned how to do gallops by going into Training mode and putting "Tsugaru"'s speed slower. Then I only chose the gallop part of the song and did it over and over and over and over again until I got it. Might work for you, if that's what your problem is.

I don't really get how you could be off either. . .the steps follow exactly to the beat of the song, nearly. Just like "Holic." I really like "Holic" as a song as well as its steps on Heavy, too. I think that, if I kept at it enough, I could full combo it on Heavy, actually. I've already gotten a 200+ combo on it before.

Yeah, I think "Butterfly" is a fun song, too. Its Heavy steps are also nice and jumpy, which definitely suits the song and is nice.

I think any of the "Max" songs are good songs in their own right. Although I can't yet pass any of the Maxes on Heavy, I can pass any one almost with an "A" on Standard. The exception would be "MaxX Unlimited". . .I think I've only gotten a "B" on Standard on that, heh.

What about "Afronova"? It's a fast, hard song, but it's also a great ethnic beat song as well, I think.

The version I have for my Xbox has a song called Orion something. I think there is some numbers after it, but I am not sure at the moment. I always loved this one because it was so fast and fun and none of my other friends could ever get it down.

[QUOTE=Mitch]I don't know how helpful I can be, but I guess my main question would be, do you know how to gallop? Knowing how to gallop is pretty much essential for Standard or Heavy of "Tsugaru." Other than that, all I can say is practice it.

I learned how to do gallops by going into Training mode and putting "Tsugaru"'s speed slower. Then I only chose the gallop part of the song and did it over and over and over and over again until I got it. Might work for you, if that's what your problem is.[/QUOTE][color=#6699cc]I can do the steps, I can just never quite get them at the right time. I don't really play often enough (just together at friends' houses or on rare occasions at the arcade) to really [i]practise[/i] the song, but when I do try it, I just can't get it. I start a hair too soon, or something. [/color]

[quote name='Lore][color=#6699cc]I can do the steps, I can just never quite get them at the right time. I don't really play often enough (just together at friends' houses or on rare occasions at the arcade) to really [i]practise[/i'] the song, but when I do try it, I just can't get it. I start a hair too soon, or something. [/color][/quote]

Ah, okay. You just need to practice it, then.

I still have trouble on the part where crossovers are necessary. I'm actually trying to get crossovers cemented in my head. It's very frustrating and aggravating. My body wants to move the way it's used to, but I want it to do it the way I want it. . .

It's kind of like boxing. Everything is backwards.

[font=times new roman][size=2]Haha, Boom Boom Dollar... took me forever to learn how to play that song on the pad.. it was the first I played. My favorite? That'd be either Dream A Dream by Captain Jack, or V by DJ Taka.[/size][/font]

"Boom Boom Dollar" is a nice song. However, I can't really pass it as of yet. Well, I could pass it, if I double stepped. But, I hear this was THE song to learn crossovers on back in the day, so that's what I was trying to do on it. . .with terrible results.

Well I've only got DDR Extreme right now, but it has some pretty good songs on its own, my favorites being:

A - by somebody....I forgot
Simply Being Loved - BT
Never Ending Story - DJ AC-DC
Diving - 4 Strings
Bizarre Love Triangle - by somebody else
and There You'll Be Speed Remix - DJ Speedo

Sure these might not be the hardest songs to do, but I still think they're fun. But then again...thats just my opinion. :D

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
I LOVE THEM ALL!! Even the slow ones, man, can't get enough of it!! :catgirl: but I have to say my two favorites to dance and listen to are Afronova original and Japan. They both so cool!! Although I couldn't find the Afornova midi to put on my Otaku site!! *Sadness* Oh, well, hopefully I'l find it someday.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I dislike 321 Stars because of that one mission mode mission with it as the song. In it, you have to only hit the 1/8th notes. It's a very evil mission because even if you turn on the colored arrows, the blue arrows - which usually denote 1/8th notes - don't necessarily mean1/8th notes. And, on the mission, you can only misstep three times. I don't know how many times I played that godforsaken mission over and over. I got so pissed, you have no idea. But I did pass it.

That's why I hate 321 stars.

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I have no DDR [sadness] and only get to play at the arcade every now and then, but I have many songs I like. My favorite to play is "Daikenkai," on Light mode, and even that gives me problems, so that ought to give you a clue as to how good I am....>.>

As for listening, I like "Saint Goes Marching," "Speed Over Beethoven," "End of the Century," and "Hero [Happy Grandale Mix]," the best.

And I have an obsession with watching [b]really[/b] good players dancing "Legend of MAXX 3000" and "eXotic ethnic." If I'm walking past anyplace and I hear either of those songs it's like a tractor beam...[/COLOR]