OtakuBoards

Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament

Dagger

[QUOTE=Rising Sun][SIZE=1]
Does this qualify as an entry? This seems like it was made in Microsoft Paint, and it seems like it was thrown together in a mere 30 seconds. No offense to Young Cheezy, but i've seen your work and it is much better than this, and if you just did a last minute entry just so you could stay in the contest, it wouldn't be fair to your opponent or the participants. So i'm asking you Dagger. Does this qualify? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]I'd swear that is actually a 3d model.

[b]Edit[/b]: Actually scrap that, it is a stock that has been 'shopped and stuff - it probably would have taken quite some time.[/SIZE]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite the debate over Sean & Young Cheezy's match, I'd like it to be resolved via regular voting, since both of them have created entries. I haven't really decided what to do if a match gets no votes at all--so don't make me think of a plan B. :animesmil

I'll extend the voting period until their match has at least one vote (though obviously more would be preferable). Alternative suggestions are welcome as well.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=teal]I sincerely apologize in advance if I offend anyone in this post, but I feel this needs to be said before things get worse.

OB has always boasted quality. Posts, organization, and members even, all have a standard of quality. I think this graphics contest should be no different.

That being said, I think the lack of votes for the Young Cheezay and Sean match is due to the very poor quality of both entries. Sure, you can vote and say which one is better, but even then, it gives you a dirty feeling since neither entry deserves recognition of any kind.

I'm sure Young Cheezay and Sean are great artists, and if not, have the ability to become great ones if they keep working on it. Their submissions (READ: not them) are wretched and, IMO, unacceptable in something titled as "[B]Otakuboards[/B] Graphics Tournament." Also, I don't think either artist conveyed the theme well enough for them to be valid.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=teal]I sincerely apologize in advance if I offend anyone in this post, but I feel this needs to be said before things get worse.

OB has always boasted quality. Posts, organization, and members even, all have a standard of quality. I think this graphics contest should be no different.

That being said, I think the lack of votes for the Young Cheezay and Sean match is due to the very poor quality of both entries. Sure, you can vote and say which one is better, but even then, it gives you a dirty feeling since neither entry deserves recognition of any kind.

I'm sure Young Cheezay and Sean are great artists, and if not, have the ability to become great ones if they keep working on it. Their submissions (READ: not them) are wretched and, IMO, unacceptable in something titled as "[B]Otakuboards[/B] Graphics Tournament." Also, I don't think either artist conveyed the theme well enough for them to be valid.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I am in complete agreement with AzureWolf as I too was very surprised at the lack of quality in Young Cheezay and Sean's work. Many of the others clearly put a lot more effort into creating their pictures for the contest. If a member doesn't seem to be putting the effort into the picture then perhaps they should be removed from the contest. Though I think they should be given a chance to try again first, and if you have a repeat of either no votes or comments indicating disastifaction with the entries then give someone else a chance to try.

[COLOR=#C352AC][SIZE=1]Hay guys! Who's to say that their pieces don't qualify as material for OBGT?

No matter how brilliant or unsatisfactory the pieces turned out to be, if those were their takes on the given theme, then we must honor their submissions. If you have anything against those pieces, do say so in the voting thread.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thanks to everyone for your input and for voting. :)

I'm going to post the official results sometime later tonight. The second group of round 1 matches will begin shortly afterward, with the exception of AzureWolf/Generic NPC #3, whose new match date is TBA (but I'm pretty sure they won't be too many days behind the rest of you, so it'll work out in the end).

Another question: Does anyone have a strong preference as to whether or not I should lock match threads after declaring the results?

~Dagger~

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1']Could we please get this second round underway pretty quickly? As of next Saturday I'll be absent for a week =\[/size][/quote]
By "shortly afterward" I meant "before I go to bed tonight." So no worries.

EDIT: I'm ending voting for the second batch of Round 1 matches tonight. So get your votes in! Additionally, I'm hoping to re-schedule AzureWolf's match against Generic NPC #3 sometime soon. An updated bracket will be created once the Round 1 results have been fully gathered.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]By "shortly afterward" I meant "before I go to bed tonight." So no worries.

EDIT: I'm ending voting for the second batch of Round 1 matches tonight. So get your votes in! Additionally, I'm hoping to re-schedule AzureWolf's match against Generic NPC #3 sometime soon. An updated bracket will be created once the Round 1 results have been fully gathered.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

I PMed you about this about a week ago, I think and I've not heard anything back. Originally this week was fine for Azure and I, but that didn't work out I guess.

I suppose starting us up at any time is fine by me... but if you could possibly PM me about it, that would be wonderful.

[QUOTE=Generic NPC #3]I PMed you about this about a week ago, I think and I've not heard anything back. Originally this week was fine for Azure and I, but that didn't work out I guess.

I suppose starting us up at any time is fine by me... but if you could possibly PM me about it, that would be wonderful.[/QUOTE]
Oh! My bad; I assumed you guys were going to use the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49424][u]old thread[/u][/url], heh, so I figured you would post whenever you were ready (I still need to update the dates, but I think everything else should hold). Sorry about that.

EDIT: So basically, feel free to start whenever, as the thread's already there. I'll edit the title and stuff once someone's replied to it.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger]Oh! My bad; I assumed you guys were going to use the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49424][u]old thread[/u][/url], heh, so I figured you would post whenever you were ready (I still need to update the dates, but I think everything else should hold). Sorry about that.

EDIT: So basically, feel free to start whenever, as the thread's already there. I'll edit the title and stuff once someone's replied to it.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

Oh, I was under the impression that we'd get a new category since essentially we have had like three weeks at least to do it lol. Guess not. What is our due date then?

[quote name='Generic NPC #3']Oh, I was under the impression that we'd get a new category since essentially we have had like three weeks at least to do it lol. Guess not. What is our due date then?[/quote]
Does Tuesday sound okay? And I can't say the thought crossed my mind before, haha, but I may as well change the category while I'm at it. I'll go edit the necessary stuff now.

EDIT: Alright, it's Tuesday the 11th (unless that's problematic) and "futurism."

~Dagger~

Alright, folks, just wanted to mention that I'm planning to start the second round this weekend (most likely tomorrow night or Saturday morning), and that I'll post an updated bracket image once one has been created. :)

~Dagger~