OtakuBoards

Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament

Dagger

[CENTER][B]Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament[/B]

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/OBGFXofficial.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Welcome to the first annual OB Graphics Tournament! This contest is open to everyone, and there will be no qualification round. Your participation is encouraged; all you must do is post a reply stating that you plan to enter the tournament.

[B]How it will be organized:[/B] First of all, there will be no limit to the number of entrants. Brackets are going to be organized by the Tournament Committee, which I will discuss in greater detail later. The brackets will be posted here several days prior to Round One. The tournament will formally begin on ([i]date to be determined[/i]), at which point I will create all the threads for those competing in the first round. Thread titles will resemble the example below:

[CENTER][I][B][OBGT] Retribution v. Rising Sun[/B][/I][/CENTER]

Keep in mind that not everyone will have a first round match; it is possible that there will be bye-rounds (bye-rounds are rounds where you do not have a match, and automatically progress to the next round). After your designated thread is created, you will be given two days to create your submission and post it therein. The Tournament Committee will decide upon the following fields: Date Due, Dimensions and Theme.

Once you have posted your submission (fulfilling the mentioned criteria), other members will vote on your work. We permit those who are participating in the tournament to vote as well. There will be no poll option – you will be required to post a paragraph at least four sentences in length, explaining why you voted the way you did. If you fail to type a complete paragraph, your vote will not be counted, and you will receive a PM saying so. The Tournament Committee will count votes, and their final tally will be the official result.

[B]The Tournament Committee:[/B] A group of three anonymous OB members who are not participating in the tournament. Syk3 has hand-picked them, and no one knows who they are (except me, obviously). Their role is to officiate the tournament, as previously described, and also settle disputes. Their verdicts are final.
[B]
Bracket Layout:[/B] The bracket formation will be set up by the Tournament Committee and posted by me. The method is single elimination, and there will be no losing bracket. I will edit this part of my post to include those who sign up before the [B]August 12th[/B] deadline.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/OBGT-winbrac.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

Thank you to all who plan to sign up and to those who are working on the tournament behind the scenes. I hope that the tournament will be enjoyable for everyone. Best of luck to all the entrants!

~Dagger~

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1]Well, even though most of my time after the 15th shall be eaten up by school, I yearn to enter with a passion. lol

[/size][size=1][b]I wish to enter OBGT, no matter what my prior engagements are.[/b][/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1][B]I would like to enter the Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament.[/B]

I hope that this tournament is the largest yet in OB history, as the first annual Official Tournament. Good luck to all![/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=royalblue]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Ditto[/B]. I'm always open to take part in any form of graphics tournament, and I look forward to the competition.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#003aaf][SIZE=1]Aha! I am the master of all things PC! .. Er.. Maybe not. >_> But I got PaintShop Pro working on my computer, so I can makey stuffs! x3 Soo..

[b]I would like to join the Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament.[/b][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]This will be fun. Since i haven't really had a chance to be apart of an OtakuBoards tournament.

[B]I would like to enter the Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament.[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ha, I'm glad someone finally started this. It was something Charles and I discussed several times way back when we were both mods here. Man that was a long time ago.

Too bad the people are already picked to "moderate" it. I'd be more interested in that, myself. Oh well.

[COLOR=blue]#3, you don't know if you've been picked or not, though. It's more than likely that Syk3 has picked members with good taste such as yourself. I wretch at the thought of people unlike you moderating it. "Oh, I really like the picture he used: doesn't matter if he just cropped it onto a premade background." XD

Anyway, how are the rounds themselves performed? A picture is given and an order? That is, "here is a picture of Nash, make a wallpaper out of it." Or is it like, you just make graphics?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=blue]#3, you don't know if you've been picked or not, though. It's more than likely that Syk3 has picked members with good taste such as yourself. I wretch at the thought of people unlike you moderating it. "Oh, I really like the picture he used: doesn't matter if he just cropped it onto a premade background." XD

Anyway, how are the rounds themselves performed? A picture is given and an order? That is, "here is a picture of Nash, make a wallpaper out of it." Or is it like, you just make graphics?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]I believe that it's more theme-oriented. So it's more like ... "The theme's water, now run with it." Hope that helped.[/SIZE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=DimGray] This sounds like a lot of fun. Count me in on attending the [b]Otakuboards Graphic Tournament[/b] (everyone else was bolding the OBGT, so I thought what the hell I might as well.)

I know that I'm a new member to these forums and new members always seem to bail out when times like the time comes to submit something. But I will personally promise you that I will try my best to meet the deadlines, and participate in this tournament to my fullest and best ability.

Have a good one,
[color=Silver]-Cheezy .[/color]
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Retribution][SIZE=1']I believe that it's more theme-oriented. So it's more like ... "The theme's water, now run with it." Hope that helped.[/SIZE][/quote]

Yeah, that's what I'm understanding. My original idea was to have separate categories for things like drawing, layouts and just random images because they take different skills. I'm not sure if this is working like that or not, but it still sounds interesting.

I'll sign up.

[font=times new roman][size=2]Hm, a tournament? Graphics? Cooli-o. I'm not the best person to go for when it comes to graphics, but who cares? At least I can make stuff, right? = / I just hope I'm not booted on the first round..?

[b]I would like to participate in the Official OtakuBoards Graphics Tournament.[/b][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=gray]I don't like working with a time limit at all, but Retri convinced me to [b]join the Official Otakuboards Graphics Tournament[/b].

[u]Tony:[/u] This contest is just in the direction of Banner making, I think. Something like
[i]"make it 400x400 pixels, theme: love, text: cheese is good"[/i] [/size][/color]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I hate to disappoint some of you, but [B]I would like to drop out of this tournament [/B]before it begins.

I seem to be losing more and more time as each day passes. I can't find the time to open up Paint Shop and work on something. The passion for creating graphics has faded out and I can't find the will to spend a decent amount of time to create something. I could use this as offical OtakuBoards tournament as motivation, but I'd like to sit in the stands on this one. On top of all that school is starting soon and once that hits I will be retired from PaintShop until summer starts up again. It disappoints me somewhat to not take place in this first offical tournament. I'm sorry for those of you who would of liked to see me participate; I know it's heartbreaking, but you'll just have to manage without me. Maybe next years (If there is one). Good luck to all of you, You all are very skilled and have your own unique styles which I'll be looking forward to viewing.

The best of luck to all of you,
- Stuart[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Deucalion][color=darkslategray][size=1]I'd also like to take part in this tourament, with all you fine people.

[b]No matter what, I wish to participate in the OOGT.[/b][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

Indeed!

[b]I would love to participate in the Otakuboards Graphic Tournament, and will post to the best of my ability.[/b]

[font=times new roman][size=2]Hm, I don't wanna do this, but since I'm too busy to really even go on the computer now... [b]I'd like to withdraw from this tournament[/b]. Time... something I don't have.[/size][/font]