OtakuBoards

Nippon Ichi

MirielleChan

Ah yes I worship Nippon Ichi ^^ One of my first Playstation games was Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure and no matter how many times it gets bashed on X-play I still love it. I love all their games, the humor is strange and wonderful, the plots are the same and the battle systems usually rock. Rhapsody's battle system was meh but the story more than made up for it.

I also love Disgaea, Disgaea and Rhapsody are my two favorites. I always look forward to their games but sadly the battle systems are usually too deep for me and I get stuck ^^;; I'm not so good with strat games. I'm good with them to a point you see...then it goes downhill.

[font=trebuchet ms]Nippon Ichi, which I'm guessing means "Number One," has a very suitable name. They've made several of my favorite games, including Disgaea, La Puccelle Tactics, and Phantom Brave. I kinda missed out on Rhapsody, I've been looking for good deals on eBay. Anyways, I'm good at these games, but I'm too dependent on their main characters. In Disgaea, my Laharl is about a thousand levels stronger than any other character of mine.

I like Phantom Brave's control over abilities. You can combine characters and weapons and give any skill you want to any character, it really balances out well. I managed to make Marona my most powerful attacking character after I found the right moves for her. It just feels like they did so many right things with this game, it really makes you wonder why someone didn't come out with these cool ideas sooner.[/font]

I like their games. Out of them I've enjoyed Disgaea the most, largely because of its unique atmosphere and attitude. I feel that it's the most cohesive of their recent SRPG titles as well.

I think their style would be well suited to a DS or PSP game. I'd like to see something from them on one of those, if they're not doing something already.

[QUOTE=Generic NPC #3]I like their games. Out of them I've enjoyed Disgaea the most, largely because of its unique atmosphere and attitude. I feel that it's the most cohesive of their recent SRPG titles as well.

I think their style would be well suited to a DS or PSP game. I'd like to see something from them on one of those, if they're not doing something already.[/QUOTE]

There [I]is[/I] actually one coming out for PSP. Can't remember what its called at the moment, though.

I currently own all of the PS2 games by Nippon Ichi.

Disgaea: Great game, and the best tactics game ever. Way too much to do though.

La Pucelle Tactics: This is my least favorite one simply because its too complicated.

Atelier Iris: Very fun but very easy RPG. I love the battles in this game...

Phantom Brave: very interesting and fun game, I just hate how its speed based...

Makai Kingdom: This one is crazy and hard. I like it, but not as much as Phantom Brave.