OtakuBoards

My banners (made in Microsoft Paint)

Zhara

[SIZE=1]*bows*

I'm extremely surprised no one has commented on these yet. Let me take the time now to tell you that [b]THESE ARE THE GREATEST THINGS EVER.[/b] I mean, they're made in MSPaint, and the quality is extraordinary. I'm really at a complete loss for words. I love the last one the most.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Garamond]"You like me, you really, really like me!" -tears up- Wow, thanks so much! I was really worried no one would like them, since I can't use any of those fancy backgrounds or blend pictures together or anything...And if I continue to talk about how little you can do with Paint, I'll never stop. So now I'll make some new ones(and edit them in when I'm done)![/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=gray]...They are still pictures with only a border added to them. And then again, I myself don't like border art unless it's superb.
They are nice for MS Paint, nothing less, but certainly not more.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Boo']...They are still pictures with only a border added to them. And then again, I myself don't like border art unless it's superb. [/quote]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Garamond]Well, yeah. I mean, how much else can you do with Paint? I need to beg my parents for Photoshop or something...And since all of you guys posted, I guess there's no need to edit in my new banner and avatar. I really like these two, and I do realize that the name of this thread is "My BANNERS", but I felt the need to make a matching avatar for "Another Banner" when I saw the sun-looking template on [URL=http://silveroracle.com/template100.php]SilverOracle[/URL] [/FONT][/COLOR]

I have mixed feelings on using paint for any type of Digital Manipulation or Graphic Design, I myself am A Photoshop Person. I also use Illustrator every now and then as well.

I also am a fan of original art, made by the person. To be honest I think that if you made art yourself, then put a banner around it might be cooler. But I dont think you could really critique images that have banners around it that all you contributed to the picture was the banners. But for what it is, Its good, because the artists have outstanding work and well, the banners make them fancy? I dont know if that is the right word...

[size=1]Even if it doesn't seem like much has been done, I'll commend you on them. Why? Because the quality is pretty damned good for Paint. I've tried to make banners from Paint, and failed miserably. They always came out pixely and choppy. The only one I didn't like was the first attachment. The circles and shapes that were put in there just stick out and kind of make my lip curl. But, other than that one, amazing job. [/size]

[QUOTE=skyatyourfeet]I have mixed feelings on using paint for any type of Digital Manipulation or Graphic Design, I myself am A Photoshop Person. I also use Illustrator every now and then as well.

I also am a fan of original art, made by the person. To be honest I think that if you made art yourself, then put a banner around it might be cooler. But I dont think you could really critique images that have banners around it that all you contributed to the picture was the banners. But for what it is, Its good, because the artists have outstanding work and well, the banners make them fancy? I dont know if that is the right word...[/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]I agree with you to some extent -- Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are alot better than MSPaint. But you're saying that in order for a banner to be good it has to be complicated, heavily edited from a stock image, and whatever else constitutes a 'good' banner.

Completely wrong. Sometimes the simplest things look the best, and they took a long time to make. Complexity means nothing in the world of art, it's the end product that matters, really. Now, these banners that she made have only been modified with an addition of a border. So? What's wrong with that? I'd say that a few of them look darn good, and I might even use the last one myself. Compared to your edited, flashy, photoshopped look, her art very well might blows yours out of the water.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Garamond]Um...That picture is pretty bland, and what I believe is two people hugging wouldn't make a very good image, no one would be able to make any sense of it...So I can try to do something with it, but whether or not it looks good or makes any sense by the time I'm done is pretty far-fetched.

EDIT: I just tried to fit the image (I even went to the base site and founf a larger version of that picture!) into a 500 by 100 box, and, like I said, it doesn't look right...So I'm going to try and find some other image to use to make it up! And I'm assuming that it was a Chrono Chrusade pic you wanted...

Another EDIT: w00t, I had such a fun time making this banner! I found out that if you open up an image in Microsoft Office Picture Manager, you can change a bunch of things! Who needs Photoshop when you have Paint and Picture Manager? -is so in denial-[/FONT][/COLOR]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Zhara, that last one is Just. Simply. Amazing.

The borders match perfectly, the image is superb and (somewhat) crisp... Lovely!

I have an (ever so slight) beef with this, though. Why are all of your borders plain black? I mean... I few would look nice if they matched the pictures. This one? Back is perfect. I think (If it were me) I may have gone with a dark gray, rather. But that's just me.

I'd also comment on the text if I didn't suspect that it was simply cropped out of the original image... If you texted it too, than that's simply amazing.

I've spent alot of time in Paint (And still do, as a matter of fact) and I know haw difficult it is to work with (And how unforgiving the tools are >.<)

Kudos to you![/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1]Very ingenuitive! You're really something -- I've never seen an [online] artist operate with such scanty materials, and have the skill to make banners this good.

I definitely enjoy the red tint/hue you've added, and the white background is perfect. However, I think the border is a bit superfluous. If you made the banner into a rectangle, you could have "Chrono Crusade" in a completely white area, instead of awkwardly overlapping the stock.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=ChronosDevil]may i ask for one? i would like a signiture please [url="http://tomiko-manga.skyblog.com/pics/41683486_small.jpg"]http://tomiko-manga.skyblog.com/pics/41683486_small.jpg[/url] i hope you could use this :animeswea and are you able to put words? and if so can you put on it Chrono Crusade in red please
thanks alot dummo origato :catgirl:[/QUOTE]If you want a graphic made for you, please feel free to go to the Art by Request forum and make your own topic. As it is, this is just cluttering up this artist's thread and shifting the focus away from the artwork at hand. ;)

[quote name='Hayama]Wow, your banners are really pretty! I too am stuck with just microsoft paint and even though my banners and avatars suck they're MINE and I feel attatched to them. So, yay for MS Paint and all its cheapness! :catgirl:[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Zara']Wow... Nice. let me, too, say that those pictures are beautiful. That's a great job, Zhara! Sorta hard to even belive they were made of Microsoft Paint... :) Keep it up! ;) And, show me when you come up with some more! Another thing... sometime, could you make something like that for me? I'd really love it! :);) Well... See ya 'round! Bye![/quote]While your critiques are appreciated, it isn't quite to the level that we would like on OtakuBoards. ~_^ Please elaborate on the constructive criticism and what you liked about the piece in the future.

[COLOR=Purple][FONT=Garamond]Well, well, my pretties, I have a few of treats for you tonight...this morning...Whatever it is wherever you live! And they aren't anime, but old (Emphasis on OLD) pictures of myself and one of my cousin's and my eyes, and one of my best friend Sarah twirling around. I'm still deciding whether or not I don't like "Me4" because of the text or because I really, [I]really[/I] hate that picture.

And, yet again, those three were all made in Paint and Picture Manager.

I would also like to point out that any of the banners in this thread are adoptable, except these four...To see banners of myself and my friend and my cousin in someone's signature would just be...creepy.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Qman1]Very good! I like all of them. I also use MS Paint. I like the fact that you use something so simple as MS Paint instead of something like PhotoShop.

I also made an attachment to one of my MS Paint thing a ma jiggers.[/QUOTE]Please try to stick to the topic at hand and avoid showing one of your own pieces for any kind of feedback. Constructive criticism is always a must.

• 3 months later...
[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=Purple]Well, I haven't updated this in forever...Check my MyOtaku if you wanna know why. I haven't made very many, but here they are.

The Nightshade ones werre ones I planned on using for an Art Request thread, but I was too lazy to finish texting and post them.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I was just looking at all the posts and banners that you made and I, for one, am very, very amazed. All of them look really nice especially for Microsoft Paint. I was wondering how you did the borders and stuff because all of them look really nice.

I really like the first one of your previos thread with all the people, very nice.

I totally love all your banners and I can't wait to see more of your cool designs[/COLOR]![/SIZE] ^ ^[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Garamond]I just used the line tool for the borders, but it really helped to look at avatars on the web and get ideas for what I was gonna do. Anyways, here are somemore that I've made. Oh, and I made all the Weebl stuff I'm using right now.[/FONT][/COLOR]