OtakuBoards

Best anime fight

Howlingvampire4

[color=darkslateblue] The fight between Naruto and [spoiler] Sasuke in episode 133[/spoiler] was stunning. I know that a lot of people complained about it for some ungodly reason, but I thought it was the most amazing thing I ever saw in anime. Really. It was so fluid and action-packed and just WOAH, can I marry the guy who directed this fight? Amazing, really. [i]So[/i] fluid... *sighs of happiness* Sometimes I just watch it becuase it's animated so well. And this animation lasts the whole episode, which is even more amazing.

Second place, I'd have to put Edward Elric against [spoiler] Greed[/spoiler]. It was great to watch for the .00038582 seconds it lasted.[/color]

Really slick, nice-looking fight scenes are fun while they last, but I tend to forget about them pretty quickly, haha. I guess I should mention that pretty much every battle scene from [b]Jubei-Chan 2[/b] is eye-popping in one way or another, though.

Mm... you know what? I think I'm going to go with Utena versus [spoiler]Jury[/spoiler] in episode 29 of Revolutionary Girl Utena, "Azure Paler Than the Sky." Partly because it's fresh in my mind (I just finished re-watching the series) and partly because the episode as a whole is amazing, definitely one of my favorites from any series. The duel does such an amazing job of bringing the various forces built up in episodes 28 & 29 to a brilliant climax.

It isn't especially well-animated, although the animation is somewhat better than what you'd see in RGU's average duel scene. But it's meaningful, well put together and [i]so[/i] painful to watch. It also may have made [spoiler]Ruka[/spoiler] become my favorite Utena character.

~Dagger~

For long, drawn out fights? Yu Yu Hakusho completely crushes DBZ, especially in the Dark Tournament saga. Its much more interesting to watch the character manipulate their spirit energy in different way to create unique attacks rather than seeing DBZ character use their energy to create the exact same effects over and over again in either the form of energy blasts (in various shapes, colors, and sizes) or some sort of power up. Naruto seems like it might be pretty cool too.

For short, intense fights, both Fullmetal Alchemist and Cowboy Bebop are pretty good. The fights versus the homunculi and Vicious and the fght against the assassin guy with the regressing mind are the best.

[COLOR=Blue]I've seen A LOT of good fights in anime. It's hard to pick which ones I like best, but I'll fill you in on a few I like.

Amuro Vs. Char-Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
This was a very unquie fight. It had everything. Guns, swords, and fisticuffs. I thought it wasn't going to be so dramatic, but with Gundam, they always seem to surprise me.

Alucard Vs. Incognito-Hellsing
We really get to see Alucard cut loose in this. I don't even know if this is the full exstent of his power. I like how it ended with the impalment. That was a nice touch.

Goku Vs. Kid Buu-Dragonball Z
Wow. That was a cool fight. Goku calls on all the people of Earth to lend him his power, and creates a spirt bomb about the size of a small moon. I wish I could do that.

There are many other, but if I listed them all, it would be half past March. :)

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[quote name='Bloodseeker']For long, drawn out fights? Yu Yu Hakusho completely crushes DBZ, especially in the Dark Tournament saga.[/quote]
This reminds me of Bleach, which is just starting to hit its stride (it hasn't had any super epic YYH style battles yet, but I'm sure they'll be coming eventually). It's actually being made by YYH's director, which is rather cool given that Yu Yu Hakusho is pretty close to being my all-time favorite fighting series, and that Bleach has started threatening to overtake it.

Some of the more memorable battles in Bleach include [spoiler]Ichigo versus Renji (both times), Ichigo versus Kenpachi and Ishida versus the captain whose name I always forget (heh).[/spoiler]

Hunter x Hunter, based on a series by the manga-ka of Yu Yu Hakusho, is smaller in scale than YYH but has some breathtaking fight scenes. I actually like it better than YYH in many regards, although the production quality of the last few OVAs hasn't been so good.

Any battle involving Kuroro is guaranteed to own--I especially loved seeing him take on [spoiler]Killua's father & grandfather.[/spoiler] I also have a fondness for the Celestial Tower fight between Gon and [spoiler]Hisoka.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

I'd have to say that I have a few favorites they are...

Ryuhou vs. Kazuma in episode 11 of S-cry-ed, It don't get much more extreme than that. It's not long but it's very satisfying.

Yusuke vs. Toguro From the dark tournament in Yu Yu Hakusho. Not only a long battle but a heated one as well, definitly a 10 in my book.

Unit 2 vs. The 9 eva series units from The end of Evangelian. Not only intense, but bloody as well. A truly blood pumping moment all the way to the end.

Vash vs. Knives from Trigun. A perfect climax to one of my all time favorite series of all time.

Kenshin vs. Aoishi 2 from Ruroni Kenshin. I just love both those characters and that was there be all to end all fight ti the finish, any true fan of the series can appreciate that fight.

[quote name='ThoraxtheImpaler']Ah, how could I forget of End of Eva? That battle could only be described as ******* crazy. Also, does the battle between Oren's dad and the thugs from Kill Bill count? It was technically anime...[/quote]

[color=darkslateblue] Ah, yeah, I forgot about Asuka's fight [spoiler]with all those other Eva-machine things[/spoiler]. It was bloody...but also fluid. :D It was still cool to watch, in general. [/color]

[QUOTE=Starwind]
Kenshin vs. Aoishi 2 from Ruroni Kenshin. I just love both those characters and that was there be all to end all fight ti the finish, any true fan of the series can appreciate that fight.[/QUOTE]

Oh yea! That battle was CRAZY! All of a sudden when everyone just started attacking Aoishi, and when that guy....um.....I don't know his name, the other batosai :animeswea came out of no where, and just came out and attacked Aoishi head on! Yea, I'd have to say that is second to Reyuho and Kazuma in S-CRY-ED.

[QUOTE=Dragonboym2][color=blue]

Goku Vs. Kid Buu-Dragonball Z
Wow. That was a cool fight. Goku calls on all the people of Earth to lend him his power, and creates a spirt bomb about the size of a small moon. I wish I could do that.

There are many other, but if I listed them all, it would be half past March. :)

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/color][/QUOTE]
Just on the record, it was Vegeta's idea to do that. And it was Hercule that convinced Earth to send all of their energy to create the Spirit Bomb...

Goku VS Vegeta (Uncut): For those who have been watching the uncut eps on CN, you know what I mean. This has to be the bloodiest battle throughout the series. And the only one where the main character gets the crap beat out of him to the point his entire body is broken. It's very high tense, but with the new episodes, the voice acting kinda sucks in some scenes...-_-

Edward Elric VS Armor in Lab 5: I can't remember his name, but its the armor guy in Lab 5. His body has a spirit in it and so does the helmet. They were brothers for who so ever can remember his name. But on to the battle. I liked how they went back and forth at each other with comments as well as actions. And the random intervention scenes with Al and Barry were kinda funny too. And the final strike from Ed was awesome as well.

>>Matthew Duffey

Kenshin vs. Saitou is one of my favourite fights... The mood completely turns the series around and prepares it for the Kyoto arc.

Edward vs. Roy was just hilarious... I love how Roy was exploiting all of Ed's weaknesses, yet Ed [SPOILER]won in the end [/SPOILER] :D Any fight that can mix humor and action is good on my list :D

(Dub ver.)
Al: "So what's your strategy?"
Ed: "I TOLD YOU: A FIST TO HIS FACE!" :catgirl:

Lunox basically read my mind. Those two fights were the first that came to mind for me. Though, I wasn't aware that people didn't like episode 133 of Naruto. Heck, I thought it was fantastic. I even went and downloaded a higher quality version so the fights could look even [I]better[/I].
The fma fight with Greed was really good too. I didn't like how the plot was going at that point in the series (and onward), but the moves were so goos *_*

Most anime I watch don't consist of many fights....ones worth noting at least. Though I do know I dislike the drawn out kinds of battles unless all the really good moves are reserved for one (maybe two) episodes.

I'm not sure what my favorite anime fight scene is, but I think I might opt for Spike vs. Vicious in The Ballad of Fallen Angels. In fact, all of Shinichiro Wantannabe's fight scenes are awesome. You can definately tell that guy has a great time figuring out so many cool ways for cool guys to kick each other's *****.

I haven't seen much Ghost in the Shell, but from what I've seen whenever they do fight scenes they end up looking awesome.

Saito vs. Kenshin is a given, but the Shishio fight scenes towards the end of the Kyoto arc were some of the first things to get me really obsessed with anime. Seeing Kenshin's shoulder bitten off (and this was supposed to be the editted version!) was something I never expected to see in a cartoon back in mid-2003.

Coming from someone who never saw the anime beyond episode 1, the fights during the Zabuza arc of the Naruto manga were incredible. Great artistry matched with a dark and gripping plot made quite an envolving read.