OtakuBoards

Have you had a pet that thinks your it's mom?

Raccoon Chick

Really?? thats so sweet and cute.. What kind of pet is it??

[COLOR=Red]Edit: Welcome to the boards OtakaMoon. Be sure when responding to a thread that you answer the question presented. If you have questions about posting quality feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators on the site. Thanks! -Panda[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well given the fact that I'm male, I haven't had any of my pets mistake me for their mother but I can see where you're coming from with the question. I suppose the closest any of my pets have ever come to close to what you're describing would be Tony, an orange tabby cat I used to have the company of. Basically I found Tony as a kitten trapped in briars near the cattle sheds of my uncle's farm which is right next to us. He'd been meowing for a day or two before that but I couldn't find him, and when I did find him he was basically a ball of fur that fit in my palm. I showed him to my family and gave him some food and warm milk and let him off.

In the beginning after that Tony wasn't exactly very friendly towards humans, but given a bit of time and some petting and spoiling he's changed his mind and became a pet. Tony himself as he grew older liked nothing more than to lie out on the grass, eat and be petted and rubbed, though not necessarily in that order. Any time I'd step outside he's amble up to me meowing and demanding to be played with, and more than once he'd come into the house and demand the same treatment. Of all the people he sought attention from, mine seemed the most necessary, he'd sleep outside my room on the windowsill and if he could come in the window and sleep in my bed.

I know that seems as if he was just spoilt, but I found him only a few days after he was born and took care of him as long as I had him, so he probably thought of me as his parent. [/SIZE]

My cat named Joy is the one who thinks I'm her mother. She is so cute. All day why I'm at school she sits in my room and crys for me to come pet her. She sleeps with me every night and theres nothing that she love more than for me to rube her. She is the sweetest thing in the world. :catgirl:

Art Master :D

[COLOR=Blue]I have two cats. The oldest is a black cat named Whinston, and she's been with us ever since we moved in our new house years ago. A month later, one of the neghibors's cat had a litter of five. Three girls, and two boys. I went over to see them a couple days after they were born. They couldn't hear or see yet, but their mom J.P. let me touch them, and pick them up.

I used to come over there as much as I could, and watch them grow. One day they all could see and hear, and they were wandering all over the house. Two were wresting, two others were trying to climb up stairs, and the other was sitting on the sofa getting a bath from J.P. There was one slight problem you see. My neighbot had three little children at home. They were picking them up when they didn't want to, and stuff like that. The youngest, a little boy who was two years old, picked up on the kittens two inches off the ground by the ear. I went over and saved the kitten just in time. She was unhurt, but a little shaken up. The kittens made a hole in the wire frame couch, and they would hide in there from the children. I desided to adopt one of them, but I had to get her out of the couch. She was the runt of the litter, a little calico I named Mitsy. We took her home, and she quickly picked me as the favorite. Whinston didn't like her at first. Whinston never hurt her, but when she gets mad, she urinates on the wall in the basement. Mitsy likes to sleep in my room, on a big blanket I have a thte foot of my bed. For some reason, Mitsy likes to suck on it, and I have no idea why. We've had her for a while.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=slategray]Normally when you get an animal at a very young age, it will forget about it's mother and you will take that place in the animal's head. Especially if you are constantly around it. I found that getting a cat while it's younger is always better than getting one that's a few years old. If the cat is younger, it can easily adjust to it's new surroundings and it's characteristics might change, depending on the person the kitten may live with. But, if you get an older cat, the cat may take longer to adjust and will basically have the same personality as it's living with you. Cats you raise from when they're younger tend to be cozier with you than cats that are older. Just an example of it.

I have a cat that I adopted when it was about six months, and it seemed to get pretty comfy with me. Always followed me around, waited for me to feed him, slept with me. All that good stuff. But, then, when I left for my dad's over the summer and I couldn't bring him along, he hadn't completely gotten used to me before I left. So, when I came home, he had formed some kind of bond with my mom. So... now he prefers her over me. ;_; Sad story. Lol. Oh well, he still likes me more than the rest of my family, besides my mom.[/color][/size]

I have a chihuahua that is extremely needy. She sleeps in bed with me (curled up next to my stomach and MUST be touching me at all times. I try to push her away, but she comes right back) When i am home, she's always at my feet, following me everywhere. My boyfriend says that during the day when i'm gone, all she does is sleep.

I guess that's what happens when you have over spoiled a pet for so long. She's just come to expect the special treatment all the time. ;)

Kilaria

my cat thinks im cool :catgirl:

[COLOR=Red]Edit: Welcome to theOB smotaku. Please be aware that we have very high requirements for posting quality on the boards. Please explain why your cat thinks you are cool or why it thinks you are it's parent. As it stands now your post is spam since it does not add to the quality of the thread.

If you have questions about posting or any of the rules of the site please feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators. Thanks!

-Panda [/COLOR]

I have four pets and I consider them all my children. But one for sure I am certain considers me his mom. My dog Heston. He was a rescue dog that I brought home and he has always been really afraid of men. Because of that he acts like a scared toddler and hides behind me when guys come over. He is such a timid little guy, well, he's not really little (weighs about 90 lbs.) but he really acts like a clingy toddler.,

If I and sitting down and ask him "Who loves momma?" he will run over to me and give me a hug. That would be him resting his head on my shoulder and smashing his chest up against mine. He is really a sweet little boy. Of all my pets I really do consider him the baby. :catgirl:

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I appreciate the effort many people have put into their responses to this thread. The beginning of this topic looked like it could turn spammy but the majority of members have been doing a great job with quality responses. Thank you. I don't think people get kudos from the mods enough. Keep up the great replies!

Guest inuyasha1
I have, it was a baby duck it's mother left it because it was sick and i took care of it for 4 days and it past away it alway followed me everywere and it slept with me,one day it niped me on my nose while i was sleeping, i miss him:animecry:

-

My grey kitten, Sephiroth, thinks I am his mother.
...or at least, his slave/food bag. :animeswea
When I first got him he hated me. He would run away and hide whenever he saw me coming. But now he can't stand to be without me. When I go into a room and close the door or put him down in the basement he cries like a little baby. And (laughs) when my mom punishes him for something, he looks at me with his huge eyes as if he expects me to save him.
Not that I mind of course. It's a lot better now than it was when he hated me! :animesmil
::runs off singing, "I'm a cat's moooootherrrrr~!"::

Well my dog definitely thinks I?m her mom. ^_^ Bichon?s are pretty much a lap dog and they have a love me, pet me, hold me 24/7 attitude. She?s always in your face wanting attention. She sleeps inside on my bed with me at night and now she thinks I?m her mom and pretty much follows me everywhere I go. She?s really quite affectionate and loves everyone in the family. But when she is sick or tired she always comes to me wanting to be held.

I really love having her, as she?s the most loving dog we?ve ever had. They only drawback is that she is so social that if you have to leave her locked up for a bit she thinks it?s punishment and gets depressed as she literally hates being left alone. So then when you come home she?s really whinny demanding attention as she missed you so much while you were gone.

Guest atouchofmist
Hi *waves* I'm new!

Um, yeah, my cat. His name's Daniel. He's a three year old gray cat. Not sure what his breed is exactly. But he's so sweet to me. I love him. As soon as I come home from school, he'll be waiting for me at the door *front or back* and he'll jump on top of me! As if welcoming me home...

Whenever my Mom gets sick *diabetes* I notice that he'll always lay down right next to her and stay there...as if protecting her...

*smiles* I love the way he cries. Even when I'm in the bathroom he'll cry for me, and when I come out, there he is either on the floor or on top of the table waiting for me. In the computer room, when I'm using the computer he'll stand up and nuzzle my arm with his head and purr...then he'll jump up and we nuzzle together.

This past weekend I noticed that he was pissed off at me for leaving him alone *mom spent time with her parents* and as soon as I came in: no meows, no licks, nothing. He just looked at me with his ears pushed back, brat. And then, he'd follow me and bite my legs and jump up and scratch my face and arms *i've gotten used to it*. But this morning he forgave me...he slept with me last night, only half the night.
He thought it'd be a good time *at 3:30AM* to play Tag and he jumped up on my back and bit my ears...whenever he could. I'm fine...I just wish he'd stop doing that.

Oh, but the most fave thing he does is that he'll get hyper mostly at night. He runs around everywhere and he knocks things over and then when he's had his fun, he cries for me. ^_^

But yeah, I love my Daniel, he's sweet!

i have a kitten it's name is faerie...my cozin Ruez got it for me when it was aboyt 3-4 weeks old and he was the one who gave it such a silly name i wanted to name it ginger..it is so cute I used to keep her with me all the time, she used to chew my books and snatch my pen when i was studying and she used to leave her bed and sleep in mine..i had a sandbox for her in my roon but she did so much --it in it that my room stinked like heck!! so now she stays outside and i sometimes bring her in she sleeps with me once in a week....yup she's my baby and i bet she thinks that i'm her mom.......you know i used to have 15 cats but they all died and when my eldest cat 9 year old pus died 2 years ago i went nuts, now i have faerie but i'll never forget my pusy....faerie licks my face and ears all night whenever she sleeps with me and never lets me sleep easily and keeps purring all the time in my ear and finally she curls on my pillow right beside my ear and keeps purring even when she's asleep!, I love my faerie baby :D

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Well right now I have two dogs. I must tell you that they think I am their mother. Espically after what really happened to their mother. She was dying after she had her pups and the other seven never made it *sigh, tear*. However they are kind of strange in the way they have affectiong for me...They wont listen to anyone else but me. Its like this basicly. So I went out to feed them this one time, My moms friend had been trying forever to get them to eat but yet they absolutly refused to until I was around with them to watch them eat. Its like they know im their mother in some kind of an alternate dimension...They keep on folllowing only me around and they act likemy mom and the rest of my family are like......ennemies or something. I am the only one who really looks out for the wellbeing and all. So if this is what being a mother feels like...I like it [/COLOR]

Well, I have a pet too,but...erm...how should I put it?....my pet is a baby boa! I love him dearly :D His name is Rocky and he follows me only. that can get kinda scary at times but I know he doesn't mean me any harm. When I sit down, He'll curl around my ankles...its so cute! He's extremely people friendly (way,extremely) so much so that my friends don't even come over anymore because they don't want Rocky coming anywhere near them.. :animeswea I love him and im proud if he really does consider me his mother

• 3 weeks later...
My Burmese Cat, Leamer thinks im her mom but shes a lil idget most of the time today she was chasing her tail cuz i pointed the lazer on her tail and it was funneh. also mt HAMSTER thinks im mom cuz ive had her 4 about 3 years. also my kitten Mingo Duo thinks im his mom its sooo cute cuz he follows me areound all day he loves anyone who pets him but he follows me

I have a nine year old beagal-mix, Blaze, that loves me more than any dog I swear I have had before him. If I'm watching tv and sitting in the floor, he's in my lap, and even if I'm working on my college work and such, he's in the middle of it wanting play time. Even when I'm at the computer, he's curled around the base of my computer chair sprawled out asleep like a little puppy. He's so adorable *grins* :D! I know I'm loved when Blaze is around.

StarSword17

When I lived in Nth QLD, Australia, we had a small farm and there was one case where one of our chickens had been eaten by a snake, and its baby chicks had just hatched, so I ended up being the mother of three baby chickens... 1 died, though (eaten by a goanna, lol). But yeah, they followed me around, slept outside my bedroom window, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest silver9333
[quote name='Raccoon Chick']I have. Tucker. He is just like my lil baby. :catgirl: He even sleeps right next to me in my bed. :animesmil He's the sweetest![/quote]
My dog Bella is like that. She's soooo cute. she's a rottweiler and she thinks of me as her mom. Then again she also thinks our black cat is her puppy... :animesmil