OtakuBoards

Would anyone actually play a Digimon RP?

Sheath

I want a start a Digimon RPG, but my last one completely flopped, so I decided to check around and see how many Digimon fans are willing to RP.

I was thinking something like Digimon World 3, like a video game concept of sorts.

Please reply if you wish to participate.

Well, depends on the specifics. I won't just join any Dogomon RPG that I see. I don't want something that feels like there wasn't a whole lot of thought put into it. Also, I won't join anything that's just anther basic Digimon RPG. I want something interesting. Obviously, the human-Digimon partnership thing has to stay the same, but other things can be different (for example, I once tried a Digimon RPG about a seccret government organization that conducted research on Digimon and the Digital World). One that's just the same as other Digimon RPGs simply won't grab my intrest.

Now, if you need help making the RPG, feel free to ask me. I'd be happy to assist.

• 2 weeks later...
I of course would join if the storyline was good and there were some orginal ideas instead of like bringing back the idiot myotismon who died and came back how many times? Yeah to many.

So yeah if it doesnt copy the games or the tv shows and its a completely new and original idea i would go for it.

Personally, I like digimon RPGs, but they have a tendency to go out of their way and have an unclear storyline.

That and I have a personal issues with allowing made up digimon. I think it does virtually away with canon. I mean, I'm sure there are enough amongst the hundreds of different digis to get somethign that you like?

I agree with Circéus on that note. There are over 800 digimon (from baby to mega) And I find it rather confusing when a ton of people join as superfroggydoggymon and other fictional digimon.

Sure I have a fig digimon line myself but I hardly use her. She is mainly for ideas when I wanna do fanfiction however right now im doing a pokemon one so digimon is out in all areas of my life except Rpgs.

I personally have several already made digimon (from the shows to manga) that I like and can easily use. I go to this site often that has a picture for mostly each and every digimon their names attacks and such so Its not to hard to find something.

Anywaysid join one, If the storyline and plot was put together well.

I never expect as many responses as I have recieved! The people have spoken!

I'll see what I can do to make my RP at least half decent. I'm trying to think of a good concept, and I thought I had it... but then... it went away and now I'm back to square 1.

So if you guys could help me think of a good concept... Takuya your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Takuya]Well, depends on the specifics. I won't just join any Dogomon RPG that I see. I don't want something that feels like there wasn't a whole lot of thought put into it. Also, I won't join anything that's just anther basic Digimon RPG. I want something interesting. Obviously, the human-Digimon partnership thing has to stay the same, but other things can be different (for example, I once tried a Digimon RPG about a seccret government organization that conducted research on Digimon and the Digital World). One that's just the same as other Digimon RPGs simply won't grab my intrest.

Now, if you need help making the RPG, feel free to ask me. I'd be happy to assist.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Indeed.

If you have an excellent plot, one that is completely original and only alike to the show/manga in small ways, I'll probably join. Which Digimon would we be able to use?[/size]