OtakuBoards

Armored Core: Rewired [M-LVS]

Deadpool

The year is 3029 and the world has gone through major technological advances. Mechs have become the new weapons and are constantly becoming stronger and stronger with new armor and weapons of mass desruction.

A new military force has grown into power called the Armored Scion Federation or ASF. Led by a direct descandent of a powerful dictator and took over the country when he died, Filn has dedicated himself to cleaning up the world by riding cities of terrorsit organizations, gangs, and other unjust rulers. The only problem is that they don't care about the famlies of the gang and terrorist members from the cities that they target that have done nothing wrong and were shot on sight along with every person doing wrong. City by city, country by country the ASF took them over and impsed a new rule, where no one had any rights and had to do as they were told. By doing this they are going against the very thing the stand for, justice and freedom. In thier mind they are doing a better thing for the world by creating everyone equal. The rich and the poor are gone and have no distance. Everyone has to pay the same taxes and everyone makes the same wage. Every resistatnace force has been wiped out completely, not a single member of each remains. They defend themselves by saying that they are 'cleansing' the world.

As they moved across the world the came across the country of Shevr, which was acutally one giant city that houses five extremely brutual gangs. These five gangs are called the Deadly Five and have the reputation of being the five worst gangs in the world. Each controls a portion of the city and constantly fights the other four, some have allainces with others and some are still carrying on wars that have lasted many years, the Talons west, the Gravediggers are south, Angels are east, Devils are north, and the Rogues are the central gang. The Rogues have been instigating wars between the Angels and Devils for years and cover their tracks very carefully. Now with the help of mechs the gang wars have reached a new level in the city and caught the ASF's attention. After several attempts of sending a small control force in to take care of the gangs and haveing them completly demolished, the ASF have focused all of their attention on this one city-country and are intent on 'cleansing' it of all impurities. Now with the presence of the ASF, wars have taken on multiple sides, since the gangs are still not working fully together to drive out this new threat that has invaded their home.

You will be playing as a member of one of the gangs of your choice. Each gang can have up to two members. No one is allowed to play as the SAF since they are the main enemy in this.

Each mech has a Animal Chip. the chip increases one of your attributes like speed or sight. Each is a different animal and has its own personality. It is in the mech and talks to the pilot telling it necassary information. They can be very loyal or complete jerks to the pilot. These chips run your mech so without them you would just stand there and look pretty. So if you have nothing better to do you can agrue with your mech.

Gangs-Symbols-Alliances
Talons- three slash marks-Gravediggers
Gravediggers-bone cross-Talons
Angels-angel wings-Rogues
Devils-bat wings-Rogues
Rogues-skull with flames-Devils and Angels

Fell free to tell me what you think of this and give me anything that you would like to see changed or something you think I should add. After I get some insight then I will but this up. If you are going to join and want me to reserve you a spot in one of the gangs then post it here.

Each mech can have a maximum of eight weapon spots but you would be heavy and slow. Please base your weapons on what class you are. A Sniper wpouldn't have a bazooka across his back. There are not really any limitations on weapons so you can have a nuke or a very destructive laser but you are trying to save your home city not destroy it so keep that in mind. Below are the classes and preferrred weapons. Some weapons are mandatory for a class such as a Sniper has to have a sniper rifle.

Classes
Argon: Basic mech with standard weapons and armor. Good speed and can carry a variaty of weapons.
Blazer: A close combat Mech with light armor. It is faster than an Argon and always carries some sort of machine gun.
Photon: A mech that uses only energy weapons. Standard armor and is about as fast as a Argon. Preffered mech of the Rogues
Holy: A very fast mech but has very light armor. It is the preffered mech of the Angels and has a beam sword.
Nemesis: A very strong mech with strong armor, preffered by the Devils. It comes with a engery devil's spear which is a two pronged trident.
Sniper: Sniper mech with light armor and is as fast as a Blazer. It always has sniper rifle. Preffered mech of the Talons
Launcher: A heavy mech with very strong armor. It comes with a bazooka and missle launchers.
Riven: Preffered mech of the Gravediggers. A upgraded Argon with stronger armor. Same variety of weapons.

Here are the remaining open spots
Talons-1
Gravediggers-1
Angels-all full. Sorry
Devils-2
Rogues-1

This should be right now.

Hey, you finally got his up. You had been talking about it for a while. Now, for me to get to teh insight part.

it is a good concept, but what are the restrictions? What types of mechs are there, and what are the limitations are there for them?

I think thats about it, oh yeah, what are the weapon limitations? How many can a mech ahve?

Alright, thats it. I would like to reserve the leader of the talons.

Yes... I like the concept of an Armored Core RP, since I absolutely loved AC3 on the PS2. (Despite getting my *** kicked constantly on the last mission)

I'm not completely sure about the Animal Chip thing though. It doesn't sound like something I'd expect to find in AC, but I've got no major problems whether that's in or out.

Other than that, just the same sort of questions as Raze, for example would you be limited to a certain selection of weapons for every Core/Leg type, or would it be restricted by the total weight/energy drain of the weapons you choose, as it is in the games?

Anyway. Other than those few little things, I can't wait to see how it turns out. If you can, please save me a spot in the Angels, if not - no worries.

Laters.

I am going to have this edited into the thread.

Loco your question about the animal chip. It is from a game called Phantom Crash. I would personally recommend this game as would Raze. In phantom Crash each mech has an animal chip that serves as its computer and runs all of its basic functions. Each chip has its own personality and adds some life to the mech. So you can basicllay argue with your mech if you have nothing better to do.

Raze here are the answers to your questions.
Each mech can have a maximumn of eight weapons but keep in mind that you will be very slow. I would advise you to have weapons based on your class. A sniper would not have a bazzoka on its back.
The classes of mech are Holy, Photon, Argon, Sniper, Launcher, Blazer, Nemesis, and Riven. I described the classes up at the top
On weapon limitaions there are very few sine you are piloting a weapon of mass desruction. You can have weapons like nukes or chemical weapons but the object is to save your hometown, not blow it up. er to be chosen for the rp I will be looking at who is keeping in line with the class that they choose.
No one is the leader of their gang that they choose, I did that so basically everyone is equal. I don't need someone for every gang to start this either.

I just want to go ahead and say that I am reserving a spot on the Gravediggers for myself.

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I thank you for your consideration. However, I am still quite unfamilliar with the events occurring and would like a more thorough explanation, if that's not too much to ask, before I make my decision. (In other words, this is the first time in my life I have joined an online community, and I just need to know what's going on.)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey, I like the story, Still needs a little depth though. The animal chip concept seems interresting and I like the idea of the mech interacting with the pilot. If you decide to put it up you can count me in. I'm a fan of mechs and I like a good war RP so I'm totally in. On that note, just add some depth and reason to the wars in the gangs or you leave yourself open to people taking liberties, just think about it unlees you want people to do that.

Me man I want to be with the Angels with a Holy class mech.

Interesting idea, this one. I always did like stories with Mecha, but it can be tricky finding a Mecha RP that isn't wholly military based. I like the idea.

You can count me in.

Of course, I'm not that familiar with the game that everyone seems to be talking about--Armored Core, right? But, that shouldn't be too big of a problem.

I'd like to be a Rogue, if possible. And thank's for PMing me about this.

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Alright, I have decided to join in on this.

I just need an update every once in a while so I won't lose track of things, seeing as I have slow dialup, and I can only be on for so long before someone uses the phone.

Other than this, I am looking forward to progression on this rp.

P.S. - Do I get to choose gangs now?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Alright, I have decided to join in on this.

I just need an update every once in a while so I won't lose track of things, seeing as I have slow dialup, and I can only be on for so long before someone uses the phone.

Other than this, I am looking forward to progression on this rp.

P.S. - Do I get to choose gangs now?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Yes and I will send you an update everyday if that is okay. You can choose any gang except the Angels since it is already full. I just put it up in the Aventure inn so you can go there.

[quote name='silverwolf_fang']I have reserved a spot for you on the devils[/quote]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Could someone please describe to me the different Mech models, weaponry, special equipment, animal chips, appearance, and other?

If someone could get back to me on this I would very greatly appreciate it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Derald][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Could someone please describe to me the different Mech models, weaponry, special equipment, animal chips, appearance, and other?

If someone could get back to me on this I would very greatly appreciate it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
I described the mech models above. You can make your own weapons but nothing too extreme. ex. beam rifle, machine guns, missle launchers, gattling gun, grenade launchers, rail gun. Special is something like enhanced weapons system, cloaking deviece, transforamtion, very powerful weapon.
Animal chips are described above.
Appearance is optional
Weapons are optional.

Go look in the inn and browse some other rps so you can get an idea of what I mean