OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy IV Advance

Desbreko

[color=#4B0082]I've been waiting four years for this. Ever since I got my original GBA back in June 2001, I've been waiting. And now the moment has finally arrived: Final Fantasy IV is being brought to the Game Boy Advance.

N-Sider posted a link to the [url=http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4a/][u]teaser page[/u][/url] that Square Enix put up for the game. Most of the text is in Japanese, but the message is still loud and clear. I can't wait to hear details.

There's a few things I'm especially looking forward to with the GBA version. First, I've wanted to be able to play the hard type version of the game without suffering load tiimes on the PS1 for a long time now, so that'll make it a lot more fun for me. I've gotten so I can breeze through most of the easy type SNES version without any trouble, so some extra challenge will be very welcome. Second, I've also been yearning for an updated translation like they did for the PS1 port, as the SNES translation is more than a bit watered down. And third, it'll be nice just to have a portable version of the game.

I'm buying this one as soon as I can. Anyone else interested?[/color]

[color=darkred]Talk about timing. I don't think I'll be getting the game straight away upon it's release like I did with Dawn of Souls, because there are other things I want to buy, but I will get it soon enough.

I never saw Final Fantasy as the best RPG series, but it excites me whenever a new Final Fantasy game is bound for the GBA, because they all tend to be a step above what's on offer for the system in comparison to the other RPGs available right now, or at least of what's available to me.

Anyway, I'm glad the release date isn't set too far off.[/color]

[color=darkred][size=1]Uhm...did...did we skip FFIII in the re-release too? I mean, I'm thrilled that they're getting around to this, but they should release them in the right order.

Poor FFIII. It just wants to be loved.

--Chris[/color][/size]

[color=darkred]FFIII is coming for the DS!

I've made up my mind; if Mario Kart DS doesn't keep me occupied until Animal Crossing Wild World comes out, then I'm definitely gonna buy FFIV once it's released to take its place. Of course, that's a big "if", though.[/color] ;)

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I'm by GBA SP hadn't developed a nasty case of dead-pixels a while ago I'd probably be more excited about IV's re-release than I am. However that is not to say I'm not interested, as I personally regard the Final Fantasy series as being one of the best RPG series out there. I never bought the Anthology nor owned a SNES so I never had the chance to play Final Fantasy IV, however this time around I may just give it a go if I pick up a DS at some stage.[/SIZE]

It was announced that also [B]Final Fantasy V[/B] is being remade to GBA, and I personally am looking forward to having those two games to my handheld. I really hope they come in the same package like FF I&II - it was very conventient and profitable. ;)

Hehee, once I play those two, I only have NOT played FF 3 and 11 (which I doubt I ever will), thus I shall become one of the TRUE FINAL FANTASY GURUS!!! Mwahahaa, my life's ultimate (or should I say ULTIMA) goal will be achieved!! >;D

Okay, just exaggerating, but boy will it feel good nevertheless! ;D

PS. Sorry about the rather non-sensical post, I'm tired and ill at this moment... X/

[color=#4B0082]Hey, that's cool. I've also yet to play FFV (again, skipped out on the PS1 port), so I'll most likely get that one too. Though I haven't played FFI or FFII either and I've yet to get Dawn of Souls, even though I keep meaning to get around to buying it. Would be good to have something new to play while on the bus, instead of playing through Zelda: A Link to the Past for a 12th time. ... Today I got into Ganon's Tower, on my 11th time through. :animestun

But nevertheless, I'm looking forward to FFIV the most. For a while FFVI managed to wrestle away its position as my favorite game in the series, but after my last time through FFIV, it regained the top spot. I was bored one day and sort of randomly picked the game up; my last save on the file I had started months ago was in Baron, just before you go through the Watery Passage to get into the castle. From there I got sucked in and ended up playing through the entire game again. After that I realized FFIV has more lasting appeal to me, as well as being more of a "pick up and play" sort of game that doesn't require any sort of time commitment in order to be fun. So now FFIV is on my list of personal classics.

Oh, and I know what you mean. I got more than a bit of a rush when I finally beat Zelda II, which marked my having beaten every (Nintendo published) Zelda game released thus far. Gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling inside.
[right]:love2:[/right][/color]

Now [I]this[/I] is crazy: apparently not only FF IV and V are coming to GBA, but FF VI as well! 8/ And they all contain material not included in any of their previous releases.

I mean, remaking old games is great and all, but isn't S-E going a bit too far? Where are the completely [I]new[/I] games? Okay, [I]Radiata Stories[/I]. Can anybody think of another recent S-E game that isn't a remake or a sequel?!

Luckily Grandia 3 and FF XII are coming pretty soon, and even those two avoid the "sequel"-stigma just barely. :P

Anyways, I'll definately get both FF IV and V when they are released, but most probably NOT VI, because I played it through only a few years ago (I'm not much of a re-player).

[size=1]Sheesh, next year will be packed with games to buy! FF XII, FF IV, FF V, Radiata Stories, Grandia 3, Dreamfall, Shadow Hearts: From the New World...Phew![/size]

A small question is what is the point of FFVI on GBA when III which is almost exactly the same (VI has added material) and is coming out on DS.

Now that my stupid question is out of the way I have to say something, Square-Enix is re-releasing its RPGs because now that it has a larger fan base than It can sell a Re-Packaged version of it for more money than it would have earlier. Worst of all is that the games themselves are exactly the same with no major differences given.

Another Rant: Thank God that that FF7 Tech Demo was just a Tech Demo and not a remake then I would have to put up with all the hype for it.

[quote name='Sage]Now [I]this[/I'] is crazy: apparently not only FF IV and V are coming to GBA, but FF VI as well! 8/ And they all contain material not included in any of their previous releases.[/quote][color=#4B0082]Yeah, I just recently heard about this. In the [url=http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/656/656170p1.html][u]IGN article[/u][/url] they said the games will be "updated" along with FFIV but I'm wondering what exactly they mean by that. It sounds like new content, but I still want my hard type mode and new translation in FFIV. We need details!

If anyone sees any specific info on how the games are being updated, I'd love to hear it. I'd think there'd at least be more details about FFIV soon, considering the game's supposed to be released on December 12.[/color]

[quote name='The Monster']A small question is what is the point of FFVI on GBA when III which is almost exactly the same (VI has added material) and is coming out on DS.[/quote][color=#4B0082]You're thinking of Final Fantasy III on the SNES, which isn't the real FFIII. In the US, FFVI was renamed FFIII since it was only the third FF game to be released there. The FFIII that's being remade for the DS is the original FFIII, which originally appeared on the Famicom (aka the NES) and hasn't ever been released outside of Japan; the DS remake will be its first appearance in the US. The FFVI that's coming to the GBA is the same game as FFIII on the SNES.

Or, in other words...

FFIII SNES = FFVI GBA
FFIII DS ≠ FFIII SNES
FFIII DS = FFIII NES (unreleased in the US)[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Yeah, I just recently heard about this. In the [url=http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/656/656170p1.html][u]IGN article[/u][/url] they said the games will be "updated" along with FFIV but I'm wondering what exactly they mean by that. It sounds like new content, but I still want my hard type mode and new translation in FFIV. We need details!

If anyone sees any specific info on how the games are being updated, I'd love to hear it. I'd think there'd at least be more details about FFIV soon, considering the game's supposed to be released on December 12.[/color][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img46.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-21765/loc44/388_FF3_compare.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

This should give you a good indication. This is the Final Fantasy 3 remake for DS. The art style looks a lot like Crystal Chronicles. To say the least, it's very impressive-looking indeed. Hopefully battles will take place on the touch screen. All of these images are taken from the upper screen.