OtakuBoards

AMD3: The Reason for Life [M-LVS]

demonchild781

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][CENTER][SIZE=1]The frustration within Rubedo was enough to erupt the pits of Hell themselves as he clutched his fists together in rage...in the distance Asariel began to rise from the ground after Rubedo's quick attack earlier.

He quickly looked up and recognized Kariz who made a glance at him as well. With a calm and peaceful face to her surprise Rubedo nodded in acknowledgement and respect of her presence...something no one had done since she met the demons.

With a sudden sigh from his part, he looked at Kraven and Reoans little reunion and shook his head. Brushing the dust off of his boots and trench coat from his little fight with Kraven...Rubedo..without saying a word...just turned on his heel and vanished.
[B]
[CENTER]***
[/CENTER][/B]

Finding himself on the shores of Italy on it's eastern coast, Rubedo looked out towards the horizon while he continued to bleed from his palms as he pressed harder and harder with his fingernails...

As the blood trickled down towards the sand...fires began to errupt around him once more as the rage began to build...

Blasting from underneathe the sands...the three flames surrounded him and stretched up towards the heavens as a flame burst from within his chest...not damaging to his innards...but you could see a glow coming forth as his hands lit on fire as well.

His red eyes darkening...glowing as one of the flames burned in front of him. The sand around him turned to glass from the heat...then died once more...the flames around and part of his body subsidded as he let out a deep breathe and sighed...
[B]
"Demons...they're all the same..."[/B] he smiled to himself as he lifted up the collar of his trench coat and snapped it forward to make more room around his neck and back.

[B]"I dont have time to waste on people with such ego...sorry Reoan...but have your fun with the likes of those...was looking forward to fighting with ya for a little while before you died...oh well...no loss to me...the world goes on..."[/B]

With that he walked alongside the beach...taking in the rays of the sun as they warmed him inside and out.

[B]"Now...what to do...what to do...I'm in the mood to kill something...angel...demon...or human...hhmmmm...what to do...so many thing to kill...so much time" [/B]he smiled to himself, laughing on the beach with that tone of his that echoed all around him. [/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]
[RIGHT]OOC: Sorry Seibzeihn for what my character Rubedo did too you in Fallen's post...was not my intention for that too happen at all. [/RIGHT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][b]OOC: No worries. Just remember that Asariel is not weak by any means.[/b]

[color=darkred][i]At last...[/i]

Asariel picked himself off the ground, cursing inwardly at his overconfidence. Blinded by rage and aggression, he had launched an attack without considering his tactics, or the powers of his intended enemy. [i]Serves me right for being a fool,[/i] thought the fallen angel. [i]That will not happen again, I will make sure of it. Not to mention I looked like a fool in front of Miss Reoan -- little good that will do for my reputation. Time will earn me my name once more, however. I will see to it.[/i] Leaning idly on his glaive, Asariel watched as several paces away Reoan and Kraven exchanged a few words, and then the Guardian -- Rubedo -- vanished without a trace. Despite the truce between the demon and the Guardian, Rubedo was bad at hiding his anger. Or perhaps Asariel was more attuned to it; at any rate, the fallen angel knew that the Guardian was not happy about the way things had unfolded.

That was no concern of his, though.

Studying his tattered overcoat disdainfullly, Asariel removed it and cast it to the ground. The long leather tunic he wore beneath it was sleeveless and open at the chest, revealing black straps crisscrossing Asariel's well-muscled physique. Choosing one, the fallen angel severed it with a quick spell, allowing his black wings to unfold and stretch to their full length. Asariel flexed them powerfully, his rage feeding the infernal power within him, his jaw set in a thin line. Pulling his glaive from the ground with one hand, he twirled it expertly and sheathed it across his back. His gaze returned to Reoan, and a familiar smile blossomed once more.

Three long strides took Asariel to her side...or her back, rather, as she was still facing Kraven and the direction Rubedo had vanished. Allowing his wings to expand and encircle her in an angel's embrace, the fallen angel looked her over as Reoan turned to face him. She appeared to be in good health, which was excellent -- she was as beautiful as he remembered, dark hair framing her high cheekbones and pale skin. Placing one hand against his chest in a salute, Asariel bowed his head once.

[b]"It is a pleasure and blessing to see you well, Miss Reoan."[/b][/size][/color]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Reoan's heart skipped a beat as she stared up at the fallen angel, his massive wings drapping over her like a protective sheild. The warmth that engulfed her whole body made her shutter and then she remembered what had just happened upon hearing Asariel's seductive voice.

She growled and pushed the fallen away, a look of distaste and anguish creasing the fallen angel's face, but rage had taken over Reoan. She stormed towards Kraven, arrogance written all over his face. Her sword was back in its shealth again as she stormed towards Kraven. The demon swirled around just in time to recieve a fist into the side of his face. A loud crack sounded as Kraven stumbled towards the left.

It was only a short second before Kraven shot up, his brows creased and his face twisted with anger. "What the hell--" he started only to be cut off by Reoan, who was posed to hit him again.

"You idiot!" She growled at him as he took a step back. She could hear Asariel stepping towards them. "I've been searching for Rubedo for nearly a year and a half, only to have a hot headed demon send him away." Kraven opened his mouth to chime in when Reoan spoke again. "And you've endangered my life!"

"Ho--" Kraven stammered as Reoan pulled her head down just in time to miss a ball of flames flying in her direction. The ex-Guardian new that the Zodiac had not aimed to kill or even harm her, for if she was, the Zodiac would have not missed. Kraven shot around to see a smirk upon the Zodiac's face as she tossed another ball of flame in her right hand.

"Not only have you under estimated the Zodiac's power, you've lead her straight to me. She's been searching for me since she awoken in that hospital bed some two years ago." Reoan stared at the demon's vacant expression. She then turned to face the zodiac. "And you best wait until you find the others before you dare attempt to take my head. I may not be almighty, but you and any other God's creatures will need more than one to have my head." Before the Zodiac can make a move or protest, Reoan was marching towards the distance.

"Miss Reoan..." Asariel's fant voice echoed in her ear as he hovered over her shoulder.

"You will find Amber and David, and bring them here, Kraven. You'd best stay out of my way for awhile." Reoan growled over her shoulder, paying no attention to the erge to turn and face Asariel. "Take me...to the beach." Reoan whispered.

"Of course, Miss Reoan." Asariel wrapted his arms around Reoan's waist and lifting her off the ground, spreading his massive wings and taking to flight.

"Help Kraven," Reoan said simply as Asariel placed her gently on the sand.

"As you wish." He lowered his head softly.

[CENTER]*********************[/CENTER]

"That was some display." Reoan said as she slowly approached the back of Rubedo, his laughter slowly fading away.

"You've found me again."

"Its not hard. You don't mask yourself very well." Reoan said simply.

Rubedo chuckled. "And what would be the point in that?"

Reoan rushed forward across the sand, her sword drawn. Rubedo waited patiently until she was nearly upon him, swirling around just in time to block her blade. A wicked smile played across his face.

"When was the last time you were touched, Guardian, because it looks like its been awhile." Reoan stared deep into his eyes. "Don't think I shall fall so easily into your embrace of friendship, either. I've had enough betrayal to know better than that." She shoved off his sword and swirled around to hit Rubedo's blade again. There was a bit of a struggle as Rubedo shoved against Reoan's blade, moving quickly through the sand grabbing a hold of Reoan's arm before she could move to avoid him. He pulled her against his body, his sword held under her chin, the other hand wrapt firmly around her waist.

"You'd have to die too, Guardian. With the rest of us, for the balance to truly return to this planet." Reoan said calmly as if she was standing next to a tree, the waves crashing in the distance. "Wouldn't you rather have my blade go through you, then that of another?"[/COLOR]

OOC: Hope this is ok, Kairi, and every one else :) Hope the slight changes were to your liking Astdis...sorry that there was a problem.[/FONT]

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Raven sat at her desk, twirling a pen in the air with electricity spinning it around so fast that it became a blur. It was the same thing, day after day. Paperwork, lunch break, and then more paperwork. It was all she ever did anymore. She stared outside to the Athens' landscape. Ruins of an ancient but civilised race popped up here and there throughout the modern setting of the city.

[color=Navy]" Raven..."[/color] Zane stepped into her office. She didn't even hear him come in.
" What is it Zane? You know you shouldn't be up here. How did you get in without a clearance pass?" Raven scolded.
[color=Navy]" I exercised some of my powers... but that is nothing compared to what I am about to tell you...[/color]

Zane looked deadly serious. He even had his purple-lensed sunglasses off, his icy blue eyes staring straight at Raven. If his glasses were off, he meant business. Raven sat up in her chair.

" What is it?" Raven asked.
[color=Navy]" He's in Italy Raven... [i]him[/i]"[/color] Zane said cautiously. He dared not say his name. Raven was bound to go crazy.

But instead, Raven's eyes widened a little before going back to normal. She swivelled around in her chair, the back of it facing Zane.

" Why should I care? [i]He[/i] has not even thought about me since he left. Now, is that all you have to say?" Raven replied from behind the chair, an icy tone to her voice. This maddened Zane. He slammed his hands down on her desk.

[color=Navy]" You should care! [i]He[/i] is nearby and alive! Doesn't that say something?!! At least yours is alive!!"[/color] Zane shouted, his spikey brown hair flailing around wildly. The office around the two of them began to distort. He was losing control of his illusion powers.

Raven swivelled around rather violently. She stood up and looked at him, her eyes glowing neon yellow. " How dare you say that!! Take it back you bastard!! [i]He's[/i] not alive to me!!"

Zane couldn't take how stubborn she was being. [color=Navy]" Stop being childish! You're acting like a teenager that's having a tiff with their boyfriend!!"[/color]

Electricity crackled around Raven's body. The lights flickered in the whole building, computer screens distorted and flickered.
" How... dare... you!!"

Feeling her getting close to the edge, Zane thought it best to back down. He wasn't going to have a fully-fledged fight with her in the vicinity of innocent bystanders. He breathed in deeply, heaving out a large sigh.

[color=Navy]" If you are going to act like this, that's fine by me. You must like the pain of knowing that [i]he[/i] doesn't think about you. Anyway, I've sensed the others. Ima is in England. I'm going to get her. Kariz is in North America. You go after her. I'm sure your boss won't mind an unexpected holiday... especially since he knows about our powers."[/color]

Raven hissed at Zane as he left. The room stopped distorting, as did all the electrical equipment. Glaring at the retreating Zodiac's back, she told herself she didn't enjoy the pain of what [i]he[/i] was doing to her. But, the realisation of him never coming back, even though he promised he would, was all too real.

However, now she had a mission. Kariz was out there somewhere, like Raven knew she was since they got separated at the hospital. It was time to pack up and leave.

[center]===================================[/center]

An hour later...

Raven walked around a grungy city street, Kariz's presence strong and near. She could also sense demons and angels. What was happening?

Morphing into her animal form, a raven, she flew around the apartment building that was to her left. Circling upwards, Raven looked into each and every window, seeing some things she didn't want to know about, seeing other that made her curious. Finally, she came to a window that felt like it was the one. Perching herself on the sill, she looked inside.

[i]Kariz...[/i]

Kariz was inside, held by someone she couldn't quite get the feel of. Her eyes turned neon yellow. Electricity shattered the window. Raven flew through into, morphing into her normal self as the glass flew out like throwing daggers. Raven hoped against all odds that she was going to rescue Kariz.[/color][/size]

[center]=====================================[/center]

[size=1][color=Navy]Zane arrived in London after a few hours in the air. He was surprised that Raven took up the mission so willingly, and with much conviction. He felt the same about getting Ima. Hopefully, she wasn't going to be too hard to find.[/color][/size]

OOC: For Raven, someone can catch her. Maybe it'd be a good chance that she'll meet Rubedo. As for Zane, Ozy, can you make him find you? Thanks. And you guys post so fast!!

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]

She looked over his body. Minutes, maybe hours passed as she saw how totally peaceful he was. Peaceful in the sense that he had no worries on the outside. Everything was attacking him from within and she felt for him. She brushed back a strand of his hair and got a better look at his face. She bent down as though she was going to kiss him on the forehead but just put his forehead to hers.

[I]When you are ready Lucifer... Find me.... I will be waiting for you....Hopefully things can be done to restore you to your formal glory.[/I]

She broke away the chaos within unable to be delved into. She just tossed her thoughts in with the others hoping that one day he would recognize it and come back. She stepped back into the shawdows and moved to a location seen many times by her but she did not care. She needed a trump card. But she wasn't sure as how to do that now. The clear plans in her head now muttled. She needed to clear her head.

[I]Sartael what are you planning?[/I] He was interfering again.

[I]You're all knowing you tell me...[/I] With that she ended the conversation and moved on looking for one to talk to.

She thought about what she really wanted from the battle with Reoan. She actually didnt care for either side and she hated being lumped in with Adiol at times. She was no longer one he cared about. She did not inhabit the same realm as him. Although she is an angel she lives to look after many of the things here on Earth.

[I]Why didn't I stick with being neutral?[/I] She growled to herself. But she wanted.. NO needed things to end with Reoan. She wanted things to be the same, but Reoan had to be stopped or the balance would be off and her domain totally f*cked up.

Many people were walking past her. Many of their thoughts poping into her head. She just pushed them out as they walked by. Before she knew it she felt a strange power coming up. But she did not let it faze her. She ignored it, for there were many demons and angels alike walking among the normal humans.

She kept her head down and kept walking the laden power becoming more intense as she got closer to the being. She looked up as she passed the source. It was neither angel or demon. It was a young lady.

[I]Zodiac...[/I] Sartael quickly lowered her head as the young lady looked around. She may have noticed Sartael's power as well. But Sartael calmly walked passed the girl and down the street. She had no need to interact with a mere mortal.

Sartael kept going as the thoughts replayed in her head. The young lady's face flashing once again in her mind. It struck her quickly. She stopped in the walking crowd and laughed to herself.

[I]I found my answer.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

OOC: The Zodiac chara Im refering too is Raven before she gets all gun ho and breaks in the window.... Do not add my chara to your post if you plan on to meet Reiku's character. Reiku if you wish to post about us meeting you may more than do so but only a brief intorduction between us. No fighting please.
Sorry for any confusion. PM me if you still are confused...

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]Rubedo sighed to himself and slowly let go of Reoan from his grasps and stepped back away from her. She turned around to meet his gaze as she withdrew her weapon, knowing that he wasn't going to attack she...she obviously had hit a button.
[B]
''You are right of course Reoan...''[/B] he proclaimed in a suttle tone of voice. [B]"The balance will never truly be satisfied until we all are gone; Guardians, Angels, and Demons alike. Everything not of this plain should be stripped from this place."[/B]
[B]
"So wouldn't you rather have me kill you than that of another..."[/B] she said again, driving the point home that she had made...but Rubedo held strong to his conviction of the matter and responded back quickly.
[B]
"No...because that is between you and Adiol. Mine is between myself and God. My mission in this entire scheme of things I've finally realized is...none of us should be here. The earth is for the humans, not us...and it is wrong for us to be here. However, power is certainly hard to loss...and many will not do as such."[/B]
[B]
"So...I will do what I as a Guardian was trained to do...to kill and protect the humans. In the end of this game, I...or someone else should kill every supernatural being, or at least send them back to where they came from for all time. And if I'm blessed to live through all of this...I will ask God with all my heart to make me mortal."[/B]

[B]"If you killed me Reoan, I would still come back to live again...as would you. I may be crazy..."[/B] Rubedo said with a smile as Reoan returned it as well...both Guardians knowing the truth of their kind. [B]"But I wish to live...a mortal life...but not yet...not yet."[/B]

[B]"You still care for her...don't you?"[/B] replied Reoan...pressing the button once again. She respected Rubedo for who he was...but wanted to know where his loyalties were.
[B]
"It that is to be...then it shall...but in its own time Reoan...until then I do what I've been doing for the past 2 years. Hopefully you understand what I am saying..."[/B] he said with a hoping and encouraging kind of tone. Rubedo knew the hatred and determination that Reoan had against Adiol and all other who were against her...he just hoped she didn't lose the essence of being a Guardian.

The wind blew from the ocean against them both as their hair danced in the wind, each other just taking in the moment. It was wonderful to be amongst another Guardian...the power...the aura that was of their spirits...intertwined and so much alike.

[B]"So this is what you want Rubedo...this is the purpose and destiny that you see for yourself?"[/B] she questioned...boiling down the issue at hand.
[B]
"I will follow you Reoan...to be a support to send back those not of this plain...and to become a friend. And if necessary, to finally end it all. I know you dont trust easily...but I respect you as a fellow Guardian...even if you are not one now, and I'd hope you'd come to trust me...for I will not do what others have done in the past."[/B]

Reoan stood silent while she examined him as he approached with an open hand to shake...she took it openly when he was close enough.

[B]"We should spare sometime again in the near future...one doesn't truly know someone until they fight them...don't you agree.''[/B] he said with a smile as he let go of his grip.

OOC: there ya go DC...continue to conversation at hand if you'd like.

[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Garamond]Cordelia Huges was on the late shift again. She rather liked it, and rarely complained of it, because, well, she had a secret. She padded quietly down the hallways, wearing her assigned pale green scrubs and pristine white sneakers. Her bright shock of blonde hair was tied high on her head, a simple ponytail swinging back and forth between her shoulders. Curled in her arms and pressed against her chest was an old yet fairly interesting book. Across the cover, in bold gold letters was [i]Romeo and Juliet[/i].

She walked into the far east wing, where the coma-status patients were kept, slipping silently into the first doorway on the left. Through the dim light, she could see him, her dark-haired angel. Cordelia remembered the day he came in, broken and bruised, two large lacerations on his back. Although he looked worse for the wear, she was instantly smitten. The poor man hadn't even a name. She didn't give him one either, but the nursing staff was adamant on calling him 'John' to fit with the John Doe theme.

There seemed to be a flickering of shadow at the bedside, but upon second glances there was really nothing. Just her imagination. She crossed the room silently, smiling down at the sleeping man. She couldn't really stand that long hair he came in with, so dirty and tattered. When they had cut his hair he seemed to look younger, more innocent even. The short frock lay spread and smooth against the pillow, a few stray strands laying ashen against his milky forhead.

Cordelia dipped for a moment to brush her fingers over his forhead, clearing his hair away. She smiled brightly, taking a seat at his bedside.

"Hello, it's me again." She spoke cheerily, setting the book in her lap, "You're looking well today, I hope you wake up soon, I really can't wait to meet you."

She blushed delicately then. Cordelia always had trouble talking to boys she knew, but not 'John', he always listened, never laughed or pointed fun at her for being too shy. No, he was the perfect gentleman.

"I brought the book again tonight, I thought I'd read you some more of it." She said, opening the book and beginning to read. It was about twenty minutes later when she stopped on a peculiar passage of Juliet's speaking.

"[i]Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.[/i]"

She sighed girlishly at that, closing the book for a moment and leaning over the sleeping man next to her.

"Oh what a lucky girl," She gushed, then turned to the bed, "I wonder if anyone ever said anything like that to you..."

She leaned lower towards the bed, rater close to the patient now. She hadn't noticed the moment before, that he was stirring.

"I hope, that maybe..." She blushed again, bitting her lower lip, "That I could call you Romeo, just onc-"

She didn't finish her sentence as a hand shot out at her, crushing her windpipe. Cordelia watched with horror as the man she and others had called 'John' opened his eyes and rose from the bed. He turned to look at her expressionlessly, his hand giving no slack to her slender neck.

"That is not my name," He spoke flatly, and watched as the young Cordelia Hughes' eyes closed forever. They were the last words she heard.

Lucifer looked at his surroundings mildly. He was currious as to how long his human body would sleep. It turned out that it was quite a while. He ran a hand to his hair, most of it was gone, but what remained kept him happy enough.

He slilently pulled himself from the bed, and slipped out of the room in nothing more than his hospital shift. He had quietly snuck by most of the staff, and eventually made his way into the street. The rain and cool air seemed to waken him, bringing him back to life and flooding his mind with memories of what had happened.

Lucifer winced, placing the heels of his hands on either of his temples, dropped to his knees and screamed.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Kraven walked along the footpath, slowly brewing his anger over what had happened in the park. Reoan had changed. There had been a time when she would have been happy to see him, but now this. And the girl, Kariz, she would have had a hard job killing Reoan anyway. Kraven had never managed it, and he had been trained by the best.

Asariel slowly drifted down to stand beside Kraven, and matched his pace with ease.

"It looks like we're in the doghouse," said Kraven, "I knew I shouldn't have rushed in there like that."

"I can't believe I allowed myself to rush into a battle foolishly, without thinking," said Asariel.

"We all made mistakes back there, don't be too hard on yourself. But for now I think we'd better try and find Amber and David. We don't want to get Reoan angry again, do we?" the demon said, trying to pick up Amber's energy signature.

Suddenly, a blast of pain shot through Kraven's head, making him drop to the floor, holding his head. He shouted in pain, the noise echoing across a huge space.

"What is it?" asked Asariel when Kravne had stopped shouting. The pain was gone now, "Is it Amber?"

"No," said Kraven, "There's only one thing that can do that to a demon." He got to his feet.

"And that would be...?"

"My creator has returned."

"What do you mean? Who's you creator?"

"The Duke who created my soul. He's on Earth, and he's looking for me. He wants to kill me."

"Which Duke is it?"

"Well, technically there are two. One is Beelzebub, but we already knew he was back on Earth. The other one...no, it's impossible. It can't be him."

"Who is it?"

"Lucifer..."
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]She sat in the park, sketching as she watched the children play.

When she'd first become aware, she'd sketched - maybe - twice a month. That had grown; now hardly a day went by without her touching a pencil to paper.

Today it was birds and bears. The bluejay, to be precise, its small wings spread as it flitted over an incredibly confused looking black bear.

She smiled as she shaded in the bird's intelligent eyes. It was nice to draw something that didn't involve those fires....[/COLOR]

[CENTER]
=====================================[/CENTER]

[COLOR=Navy]
"Excuse me, ma'am, do you happen to know this woman?"

Zane was in his fifth hospital, showing off the one picture they had of Ima...it had been taken closer to the beginning of the War, before everything had gone wrong...they all looked so much happier...the nurse he showed it to smiled.

"Yeah...the blue-jay girl."

And it seemed as if he finally had a lead. He smiled at the elderly nurse politely.

"Blue-jay girl?" The nurse nodded.

"Blue jay girl. She comes here, once, maybe twice a week...just sits in the lobby and passes out pictures of bluejays. Darndest thing, too, sir...we never can get a name out of her, she just smiles, says that the pictures will help...and leaves."

Definatly a lead.

"May I see one of these blue jays?" The nurse shuffled through her papers, pulling out a small sketch of...himself, morphed. Zane grinned slightly. [i]Finally[/i]...

"Do you happen to know where I could find her...?"[/COLOR]

[CENTER]
=====================================[/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]She was just adding the last lines to the bear's claws when she felt [i]it[/i], a prescense like she hadn't felt in so long, but that had once been second nature to her. She froze, turning, eyes wide.

Standing behind her was a man; painfully familiar, yet...different. She frowned, fighting the pain that suddenly appeared between her eyes.

"Do...do I know you?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][CENTER]
=====================================

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Tag, Reiku...and inform me if I got anything wrong for Zane, and I'll fix it.[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Arial Narrow]Reoan allowed a brief smile to play across her face. "I'm sure are next match will be anything but a friendly spar," her voice stayed calm and almost monotoned as she slowly walked towards the grassy knole above them. "Come, we must return to Amber and David."

The Guardian nodded his head and slowly followed behind her.

[CENTER]*********************************[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Careless bruises of shame
Dance across your pretty face
You wanted her love
But you turned that into hate
Walk now
On your lonely road
Pretend nothing bothers you
When your world comes crashing down
Upon your broken chest
Breaking away every thing you knew
Into unreadable regrets[/CENTER]

"I don't trust him," Reoan said softly to Jacob, placing her head upon his shoulder.

"Why?"

"They've changed too much. Its not like the ways of old. How can they be forgiven for things that I was punished for?" Reoan allowed Jacob to wrap his arms around her waist and rest his hands softly on the small of her back.

"But he can help waver things in your direction. A beautiful assest to your side." Jacob protested her distrust.

"Something doesn't feel right, Jacob. Somethings just not right." She paused for a moment, allowing her mind to wander from place to place as she allowed her soul to take in the comfort of the supposed man before her. " Even if he is one of us, it just doesn't seem right."

"Time, time Reoan. You will come to see him as a friend, a companion as you did me." Jacob slowly ran his fingers through her long hair, wishing desperately that both of them could really feel it.

"I wish I had more of it." Reoan pleaded as she felt her soul startin to slip from the world Jacob had created.

[CENTER]*********************************
Day 2[/CENTER]

"Ladies and Gentlemen, your captain has turned the faston your seatbelts, we're preparing to land." The flight attendents voice ran loud and clear over the loud speaker, stirring Reoan from her restless sleep.

"You ok?" asked the man sitting next to her.

"Fine," she replied to him.

As Reoan exited the plane and made her way through the terminal, she thought lightly on her dream. Was it going to be possible to let in another Guardian into her life? Another creature that was given divine gifts from the thing that had condemned her to the fate she suffered now. She shook her head, it was best not to think about it now.

Amber and David were outside waiting for them when Reoan and Rubedo stepped outside the airport building. The two travelers allowed the demon and the Grigori half breed to load their luggage, however few it was, into the trunk of the cab that sat waiting for them before climbing into the vehicle. David rode in the front while Amber sat next to the window behind him with Reoan in the middle and Rubedo on the other side. The car ride to the small apartment was an eerie quiet for the whole two hour trip.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]Asariel felt his stomach turn.

[b]"You're sure of this?"[/b] he questioned Kraven.

"I just know what I feel, Asariel," a frown creased Kraven's features. "There's no other explanation for it..." He trailed off and glanced south-east, Asariel following his gaze. The fallen angel spoke what was on both their minds.

[b]"Reoan's moving."[/b]

Kraven nodded. "I think it's time to go, then."

[b]"I agree. What of the girl, Kariz?"[/b]

"If she desires to come, she'll find her own way. Like us."

[b]"So be it."[/b]

--------------------

[b]"I still don't see why this is necessary,"[/b] muttered Asariel darkly to Kraven. They were waiting on a long line to board their flight, bound for...well, wherever Reoan was headed. Neither had bothered to look at the plane's specific point of landing -- they had simply booked the second flight behind the one Reoan had taken with Rubedo. Crossing his arms over his bloodred longcoat, the fallen angel eyed the line of humans before him disdainfully. [b]"I can probably fly faster then these human machinations, at any rate."[/b]

Kraven sighed and his eyes rose to the ceiling, as if seeking patience. "That's out of the question. Not to mention you have no idea where we are going anyways."

The fallen waved one hand impatiently. [b]"You know I can just follow the signature of Rubedo's energy, he's bound to be where Reoan is anyways."[/b]

"Just give it up, we're taking the plane whether you like it or not."

[b]"This is an insult to my ability--"[/b]

"Asariel, [i]get on the damn plane.[/i]"

The line filed absently forward, and in a few moments, Asariel presented his ticket to the attendant with a cold expression on his face. Moments later, the demon followed.

Choosing a seat beside the window, Asariel was silent through the runway and takeoff of the plane. Kraven glanced at him sideways once the plane had reached cruising altitude; the fallen angel was staring absently out the window at the darkening sky outside. His brows were drawn together somewhat, giving the demon the impression that he was deep in thought. Kraven had not figured Asariel to be the contemplative type -- but then again, he didn't know much about the fallen angel. Crossing his arms, Kraven attempted to do the same...after all, he too had much to think about. Lucifer...could he really have returned? And what of Reoan...?

But despite his mind's wanderings, a cross between annoyance and curiousity over what could cause Asariel to brood so much drove him from silence.

"What are you thinking, Asariel?" he murmured, without looking at the fallen angel.

Asariel blinked a few times and shook his head slightly, as if to clear it. His eyes, somewhat glazed from thought, quickly solidified into crimson-purple orbs once more. Leaning back in his chair, the fallen angel sighed quietly.

[b]"About a lot of things, none of which I should be thinking about..."[/b] He touched his forehead with one hand and closed his eyes.

"I see." Kraven's response was neither a statement nor a question, but something in between.

[b]"Miss Reoan has changed, hasn't she?"[/b]

This time it was Kraven's turn to sigh. "Yes. There was a time when she would have welcomed back her old allies..."

Asariel nodded. [b]"I can't begin to assume what's happened over these past years, but it would take something significant to inspire changes of the kind we've seen."[/b]

Kraven shook his head. "I don't know what it is...We're going to have to keep our guard up from now on. Nothing's as it seems anymore." Something tugged at the back of Kraven's mind. "...Why would that matter to you? As a fallen angel, I'm sure you're used to not being liked. What consequence is it if Reoan doesn't welcome you with open arms?"

A shadow passed across Asariel's face. For a brief moment, Kraven could swear he saw tears in the angel's crimson eyes...Asariel averted his gaze, and returned to staring out the window. When he spoke, his voice was so soft that Kraven had to strain to hear it.

[b]"I don't know. It shouldn't matter..."[/b]

[b]"....should it?"[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1][b]OOC: Hope that's OK, Fallen. PM me if you need me to change anything.[/b][/size]

[color=Navy][size=1]Zane cast a look down at Ima. She was nothing like she was. The presence of the Zodiac's soul within her had greatly diminished, either from being hidden from anyone, or she had forgotten about its use.

" Do...do I know you?" Ima asked, trying well hide the pain in her eyes. A frown creased her lips. Zane knelt in front of her, being a tall man, he could look at her perfectly in the eyes as she sat.
" Ima..." was all that Zane said. He took off his purple-lensed sunglasses, wiping away a tear that started to trickle down his cheek. He was so happy that he had found another Zodiac - Raven and he would not be alone any longer.

But there seemed to be one problem amongst all the happiness - Ima could not remember who or what she was. Zane was told by various hospital staff of Ima's condition. He had been counting on just his appearance to make her remember. However, it seemed that failed. He would have to resort to other means.

The day was sunny and warm. Ima had chosen a good spot to sit in the park - under the shade of a large tree on a comfortable wooden bench. Zane moved to sit next to her, his brow furrowed in thought. Ima just stared at him, knowing that this man was so familiar to her, but she honestly couldn't remember. In fact, the harder she tried, the further away the answer seemed to get. In the playground before them, children played a game of swashbuckling pirates. Zane smiled a little as he thought that at least, the children retained their innocence and naivety to knowing what was going on around the world at this moment.

[i]How should I do this? It has to be fairly subtle, because we are in the presence of other innocent people. Maybe...[/i]

An idea sprouted into his mind. He turned to Ima whose face had softened a little, but he could feel her mind working on overtime. He smiled at her comfortingly.

" Ima..."
" Ima... was that my name?" Ima asked, wide-eyed.
Zane nodded. " Yes... that is your name. Ima... I'm going to show you something - "
" Are you someone I know?" Ima interrupted.
Zane smiled and again nodded. " Yes. I am someone you know. You know that - you can feel it."

Ima looked at her sketch book. There was a bear drawn on the page. Zane's gaze looked down and his eyes widened a little. [i]A bear...[/i]
" Ima... why do you remember blue-jays and bears?" Zane asked. He already knew the answer to this, but he wanted to know if Ima knew the answer.

[center]==============================================[/center][/color][/size]

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]An hour after Raven's attack, she and Kariz sat in a diner. Raven sat on the opposite side of the table of Kariz, sipping a cup of espresso coffee. It was well made, the bitter taste a minimum. Kariz had eaten a hot warm meal slowly, gazing up at Raven every once in a while. Raven finished her coffee as Kariz swallowed the last piece of her meal.

There was only silence between them. It had been two years since they had seen each other, even sensed each other's presence. The sounds of the busy diner echoed around them. Raven looked outside. It was a cold chilly day, even for summer. The winds were chilling to the core.

" Kariz...." Raven spoke softly. " I'm going back to Greece to meet up with Zane. If you want to come with, now that we've fought each other again, then that's fine with me."[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]As Adiol's eyes opened he saw the figures of all his enemies standing just before him. At the sight of Reoan he could feel a deep drop in his stomach, quick to regain his composure and shrug off the awkward pain. Everyone turned to him abruptly, their faces glazed with anger. He brushed himself off slightly and smiled, [B]"sorry I'm late,"[/B] he spoke jokingly.

[B]"What are you doing here?"[/B] spat Rubedo. [B]"Didn't I tell you to stop bothering me or I'd kill you,"[/B] he continued, moving his hand just above his weapon's hilt.

[B]"Not here Rubedo, there's to many people,"[/B] Reoan spoke up, walking to the front of the group and stopping just before Adiol. [B]"Leave, now,"[/B] she spoke sternly.

[B]"You know me better then that Reoan, what happened, didn't you miss me?"[/B] Adiol spoke menacingly. [B]"No matter, if you don't wish to speak here then we'll go somewhere else."[/B] He rose his fingers slightly and snapped, instantly the scenery changed. City streets were enveloped by flowing green plains and the middle of nowhere never looked so beautiful. [B]"Remember this place Reoan?"[/B] Adiol asked.

Her face went blank as the rest of her group turned to await her reply. [B]"How dare you bring us here Adiol,"[/B] she spoke angrily. [B]"Do you truly wish to corrupt this place as you have so many others? You have changed..."[/B] she continued.

[B]"Of course I've changed! After everything that's happened, the places I've been, the things I've seen, would you expect any different?! Did you think things would be the same?! That we'd return to the very hill where we sat as children and everything else would disappear, don't be naive Reoan."[/B] he shouted.

[B]"Enough of this, draw your weapon,"[/B] Rubedo spoke, unsheathing his sword and slightly wincing as the sun glared from it's blade. [B]"Lets go."[/B]

[B]OOC: Figured it'd be fun to start a fight between Adiol and everyone else, since he's so powerful and all lol. DC knows what this hill means, so if she feels necessary she'll explain.[/B][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Kariz watched Kraven and the fallen one walk away. [I]Heading for an airport no doubt. She knew a short cut. She?d get there before them and then follow them onto the plane.[/I] Kariz turned and started to place her knife in her boot and received a sharp blow to the head.

When she awoke she was in a warehouse. She had no way of knowing how much time had past or where she was for that matter. Three demons, who looked oddly familiar, stood around the room grinning at her.

She cracked her neck and stood up, her guns and knives were gone, however they had failed to bind her in any way. [I]Amateurs.[/I]

[COLOR=Black][B]?So you?re that fire breathin? bitch we?ve had so much trouble with.?[/B][/COLOR] One of them walked toward her, cocking a gun in his hand. [COLOR=Black][B]"You don't look all that tuff to me"[/B][/COLOR]

She just looked calmly at them through her short hair as she scanned the place with her peripheral vision.

[B]?Why did you bring me here??[/B]

Her guns were on a table to her far left past one of the demons.

[B][COLOR=Black]?Because you?re trouble maker, and we?d like to get rid of those.?[/COLOR][/B]

The demon with the gun walked closer and another started to approach.

She saw her gap.

[B] ?Maybe you should have tapped this fire breathin? bitch?s mouth shut then boys.? [/B] A ball of flame transferred from her hand to the demon between her and the guns in a mere second. He ignited and started to scream. The others didn?t know how to react,[I] apparently they hadn?t believed the rumors about the fire.[/I]

She flipped over the demon who was now crouched on the floor aflame and made a grab for her guns. Placing them quickly in the holsters, she reached for her knife, turning the blade white with the heat from her hands. Kariz turned and flung the knife at one of the still standing demons, who had just raised a gun with the return of his senses.

The knife pieced him with it?s heat straight in the heart and he fell. Two more demons entered the warehouse. [I]They must have been guarding the doors and heard the screams[/I]. She prepared a fire ball in each hand [I]and prayed she?d be fast enough to duck all the bullets with her name on them?[/I]

There was a sharp shatter of glass above her head and a raven flew in and landed in front of her in the form of a dark haired Zodiac?

------------------------
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]" Kariz...."[/B] [/COLOR] Raven spoke softly.[B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen] " I'm going back to Greece to meet up with Zane. If you want to come with, now that we've fought with each other again, then that's fine with me."[/COLOR][/B]

Kariz leaned back in her chair at the café and looked out the window.

[B]?I saw her Raven?[/B]

[B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]?Who??[/COLOR][/B]

[B]?Reoan.?[/B]

Raven?s coffee cup hit the table with a sharp click.

[B]?And she?s got a new recruit.?[/B]

[B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]?Dare I ask??[/COLOR][/B]

Kariz turned and looked at her. [B]?Rubedo.?[/B]

Raven froze for a moment and then regain her calm face. [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?Huh. So, you met Reoan. Is that how you ended up in a demon trap??[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?No. Though I could have killed her?[/B]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?And you didn?t?! Why not??[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?Because I don?t think that?s the answer Raven, you know that. I want to talk with Reoan, I want to find out her side of things. I think it would help a great deal in our mission of restoring the balance if we knew both sides.?[/B]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?I think you should have killed her when you had the chance.? [/B] [/COLOR] Raven turned back the window and shut her eyes. This was obviously a lot to take in all at once.

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?So, are you coming with me??[/B][/COLOR]

Kariz leaned back and looked Raven over. [I]Raven had stopped fighting and gone back to her cop job, like nothing had happened. Now there she sat, willing to start up the fight for balance again? or maybe a fight for something else...[/I]

[B]?Alright, count me in.?[/B] [/COLOR]

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Raven nodded. She was glad that Kariz agreed to come back to Greece with her. It would mean one more for the fight for balance. However, the news that Rubedo had joined Rubedo in her fight had shocked Raven more than the news that Kariz didn't kill Reoan when she had the chance. But Raven never thought that killing Reoan would bring balance. It was far more complicated than that.

" Our flight is two hours away. It will take us about half an hour to get to the airport. I suggest we leave now."
Kariz nodded, trying to read what Raven was thinking. She had indeed changed over the past two years, but then, so had she. But what had happened between her and Rubedo? Had they seen each other over the two years? Or did he just disappear into thin air, not giving Raven any notice of when he'd be back? It must have been hard. But Kariz had had a rough time too these last two years.

Raven got to her feet, leaving money for the cheque. Kariz stood and followed her outside into the bone-chilling wind. Wrapping her coat around her tightly, Raven called a cab and got in, Kariz getting in on the other side. Soon enough, they were on their way to the airport.

[center]==========================================[/center]

Two and half hours later, Raven and Kariz sat next to each other on a Boeing 747, heading for Hethrow Airport in London. They had to catch a connecting flight to Athens. Raven was hoping that she could meet Zane and Ima in the airport. She hadn't told Kariz about Ima, just in case things didn't turn out right. They were good friends when they first started fighting. Hopefully.... hopefully... things would turn out ok.

" So," Raven started, turning her head slightly towards Kariz, not taking her eyes off the in-flight movie, " What have you been doing these past two years?"[/color][/size]

OOC: Tag Astdis

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]?Hunting,?[/B]
Kariz braced a knee against the back of the seat in front of her and brushed her hair out of her face with a careless hand, [B]?and training, yeah, I guess you could call it training.? [/B] Kariz ran a hand absentmindedly over a four-inch scar that ran across the bicep on her left arm. [I]It was covered by the leather jacket, just like the rest. Things had defiantly changed in two years.[/I]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?Have you been home at all??[/B][/COLOR] Raven asked, since obviously they were headed now to her home.

[B]?Yeah, yeah I went back about a year ago.? [/B] Kariz turned and looked out the window, remembering.[B] ?The house was empty, abandoned. I was able to find out from neighbors that there had been an attack while I was gone. My family fled."[/B] She spoke matter-of-factly, like she was talking about a dinner she had had one night. She turned and looked back at Raven. [B]?I know at least on of my brothers is dead, but there?s a possibility that two are. I didn?t bother looking for them.? [/B]

Raven gave her a questioning look [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?You didn?t go searching for your family? Why not? Don?t you want to know where they are??[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?I?ll look for them when this fight is over. Until then, they just aren?t my priority.? [/B] Kariz looked up over the seats at the in flight movie and then sank back down again because it wasn?t worth watching. She looked up at the over head rack and sighed[B] ?Wish they?d just let us bring our weapons on board, it would make my life a whole lot easier than having to sneak shit.?[/B]

Raven smiled and nodded [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][B]?Yeah, that much hasn?t changed and probably never will. So, you?ve been hunting for Reoan all this time??[/B][/COLOR]

Kariz smiled [B]?Not just Reoan?? [/B] [/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][CENTER][SIZE=3]Chapter 2[/SIZE]
[B]The Truth within the Girl[/B]
You may all may continue where you are at this moment. In this chapter I would like you all to focus on your characters backgrounds. I'd like to see some flashbacks of past events, maybe from the two years or from earlier than that. Show why you were choosen to be part of this "great" story. Be creative![/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]"You stay out of this," Reoan growled, thrusting a hand in front of Rubedo. The Guardian stopped, resting his abdomen gently against the ex-Guardian's arm. He allowed his sword to drop to his side and took a deep breath.

"Of course, forgive my hasty reaction." The Guardian lowered his head slightly before backing away, shealthing his sword once more.

Amber and David knew they would be no help to the ex-Guardian so they joined the other Guardian's side. Amber looked up at the dark man, wondering what ran through his mind, if he was anything like Reoan. Did he know of Jacob or Ben, or the Zodiac? Why was he here with them now?

David bent town towards the young girl, she had grown a great deal since she first came to them at the beginning. Though she had grown more silent then she had been before, she was stronger, able to hold her own. Fifteen, nearly sixteen, she was beginning to look like a woman. David touched her nearly black hair.

"Quiet your mind." He whispered to her.

David, too, had grown much since he first came to Reoan. He had been silent and naive, and some saw him as retarted. But now he had grown beyond his years and was a proud warrior standing next to the much fragile looking Reoan. He was always looking after both girls, even if he really didn't need to.

Amber looked up at the massive man and nodded softly.

Reoan did not turn to watch him back away, into the imaginary sceneray. She growled, wrinkling her nose and exposing her teeth. It was as if she had become a dog or a snarling beast of some sort. Hatred poured from her darkened eyes and power pulsed from her trembling body. It fueled her, the apparent distaste that laid so very baren in front of her.

"How dare you bring us to a place of solace and pleasure," Reoan spat at the angel. "I thought Oriel and Pedael had been the most ignorant of your special little clan, but now..." she paused briefly, allowing a smile to dance across her face as she slowly slid her massive sword from its shealth. "But now you have shown me that [I]you[/I] are the foolish one." Reoan ran her blade across her hand, drawing crimson blood to wash over, not only the blade, but her hand as well.

Reoan could feel Rubedo stir, not because he was uncomfortable watching the ex-Guardian drawing her own blood, but for some other reason. Before her, she watched Adoil wringle in disgust as Reoan ran her tongue across the fresh wound, devouring the metalic liquid. She smiled brightly at him, her teeth covered in her blood.

Reoan threw the massive sword into her freshly cut sword and rushed foward, sword held at the side and towards the ground. Adoil quickly switched from a cocky demeaner to one of defense. He brought his own weapon up just in time to recieve a heavy hit from Reoan's sword, shoving him back lightly.

"You've grown weak, Angel. Fight me, or die now!" Reoan hissed.[/COLOR]

OOC: Hope this is ok for every one as of this moment.[/FONT]

[size=1]"So, tell me how you know that Lucifer is back," said Asariel, apparently very uncomfortable with sitting on a plane for several hours.

"You really wanna hear that?" asked Kraven.

"There's nothing else to do on this god-forsaken flight. You may as well tell me how he's returned."

"Fine," said the demon reluctantly, "When my soul was created, it was forged from the very fire of Hell itself. Now, when a demon is created, the creator marks his soul with his own symbol. I was supposed to be the ultimate weapon against Heaven, so all the Dukes wanted to take credit for my creation. However, Lucifer truly created me, so he branded my soul with his own mark. But then, Beelzebub branded my soul with his own symbol secretly, so that Lucifer could never get full control over me. Beelzebub distrusted Lucifer, you see. He could never understand why he spent so much time in the mortal world. So he didn't want Lucifer turning on them. That's why he branded my soul with his own mark.

When a demon is marked, he has a certain link, a bond with his creator. He can always sense when his creator is in the mortal world. Now, I have been able to sense Beelzebub's presence for some time now, but the feeling I got earlier indicated to me that Lucifer was back."

"But you and Reoan cut off his wings."

"Exactly. So he is mortal now. When my soul went back to Hell when I died on that rooftop, I saw the Dukes. Lucifer's soul no longer resides in Hell, and there is about to be a competition for command of the Dukes, and at the moment it looks likely that Beelzebub, or Satan is going to win the competition. They are stonger than the rest of the Dukes, or at least the others that are still alive."

"So we now have Lucifer and Beelzebub on our hands."

"Yes. But one thing we can be thankful for is that they are never likely to form an alliance. Each is deeply distrustful of the other." Kraven looked down at his feet.

"There's something else, isn't there?" asked the Fallen Angel, "Something you're not telling me."

"Perhaps. But that is for another time. For now, we need to get off this plane and find Reoan."

(OOC: Hope this is ok for everyone, especially shadowofdeath and Angelus)
[/size]

[SIZE=1]Adiol flipped back as Reoan's sword struck his own, knocking him awry for only a second. Both of his swords had instantly appeared, and showed glimmering in the sunlight as he took a stance and a slight breath to ready himself. His eyes closed and everyone was silent, only the wind over the hills could be heard at a distance. Soon enough Reoan's feet pounded the ground as she lunged towards him in another attack. Swords struck and the hills rumbled with the loud clash of metal.

Both fighters slid back on the damp grass and took the time to regain composure. [B]"Is that all you've got Adiol?"[/B] he heard Reoan shout from across the field. This time it was Adiol's turn; he burst from the ground with tremendous speed, blowing grass to the air, leaving vacant ground where he once stood. He swung violently at Reoan, who stepped back in defense as the swords met repeatedly. Adiol floated in the air just a few feet above the ground, swinging down massively at his opponent, searching for a way to land a blow.

Reoan found an opening and thrust her sword through it, grazing his shoulder ever so slightly as he dipped back to dodge the attack. She was left open and in an instant Adiol's hand was wrapped around her neck, squeezing tightly as the crisp clean air escaped her lungs. He looked down at her and smiled just before raising his arm and slamming her to the ground with immense force. She slid across the grass, rolling and bouncing wildly before coming to a stop quite aways from where Adiol stood.

[B]"Reoan!"[/B] the group shouted, running to her aid and kneeling next to the fallen girl. Adiol rose his hand to the slight wound on his shoulder, running two fingers along it's length. [I]Hmph, it's nothing[/I] he thought to himself, lowering his arms and crossing them in front of his chest. [B]"Come now Reoan, I thought you would've been more of a challenge then that,"[/B] Adiol shouted across the field. Reoan began to rise from the ground, coughing slightly as drops of blood escaped her lips. She stood up straight, wiping the fluid from the side of her mouth. [B]"I'm not done yet."[/B]

[B]OOC: Off to you DC. I'll probably add a flashback next time around.[/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][B]"Ima... why do you remember blue-jays and bears?"[/B]

Ima - the name fit; whatever else was going on, it [i]did[/i] fit - shook her head.

[b]"B-because they're my friends...I think... "[/b]

[i]My head...[/i]

[b]"But...they're animals, aren't they? Don't you have any human friends?"[/b] Ima opened her mouth to say something, trying to ignore the sharp jab that appeared in her temple.

[B]"I...I can't remember."[/B] Zane leaned closer, eyes gentle.
[B]
"Don't try too hard, Ima...I'm sure the memories will come.."[/B] Ima growled, closing her eyes.

"I want them now, but m-my head hurts..." Zane raised a hand, gently brushing it against her temple. There was a flash -

[I]There was a trickle of cool water down the side of her face. She opened her eyes a crack to see Zane smiling slightly, the water seeming to run from his fingertips.

"Cool water is good for headaches." He eased her into one of the nearbye seats, sitting down nest to her, one hand maintaining gentle contact with her head, keeping the water in motion. "Just stay focused..." The soft voice helped, as she kept weaving the air together. The plane seemed to be slowing; ironically slowing slowly. She closed her eyes again, trying to pay attention to the voice and the air, and not the sounds of fighting from the front of the plane...[/I]

-And she sat up straight, eyes widening.

[B]"Was there a plane?"[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]The plane touched down and the two damned beings got off the vehicle. Asariel was still moaning about how he could have flown here in half the time. Kraven seemed a little preoccupied as he left the airport, but Asariel didn't mention anything.

"Reoan should be somewhere near," said Asariel, "Or at least Amber is. I can feel her energy pattern very close by. There's no way of knowing whether Reoan's with her, though."

"Good. We'll follow the energy signature, and try and find her," said Kraven.

"Rubedo's definitely there, wherever they are, and there's another. Their energy signature is huge, immense. It almost blocked out the signatures of the other two, its so big."

"So we're looking at them facing someone powerful?"

"Hugely powerful. It's strange. I recognise it," said Asariel.

"Can you tell whose it is?"

"I think it belongs to Adiol..."

"Adiol! He's found Reoan?"

"Yes."

"This could be bad. We have to get there as soon as possible," said Kraven, starting out at a run to try and get to Reoan.

[i]Adiol was powerful, Kraven knew that. He had never faced anyone as powerful as that angel before.

"Is that the best you can do, demon?" spat Adiol as Kraven staggered to his feet.

"You will never get what you want from me, Adiol," replied Kraven, wiping blood from his mouth. His hair in this state was sandy brown, his eyes shocking blue. His face was round and friendly, although right now it was covered in bruises, and splattered with blood.

"Oh, really. Well, I'll just have to keep trying then, won't I?" said the angel mockingly. Kraven had just got to his feet, and Adiol waved his hand, throwing Kraven back on an invisible wave of force, hurling him into the wall behind him.

"Had enough yet, demon? Or can you stand just a little bit more?" The angel was now slamming Kraven repeatedly into the wall, clouds of plaster dust flying up into the air.

"You...will never get...what you want from me..." said Kraven weakly. He then relinquished his own hold on life, just letting himself die. His body slumped, and his soul escaped, flying away from Adiol quickly, seeking out a new body...

[/i]That had happened many years before, a long time before the war. Adiol had wanted information about the locations of the Dukes of Hell, and had stumbled across Kraven, a high-ranking demon. He had tortured this demon for days, trying to get the information out of him, until Kraven had let himself go.

However, the last time Kraven had seen Adiol was not so long ago...

[i]"The body-hopper," said Adiol, "Last time we met, you couldn't even hold on to your own life. What maes you think you can face me now?"

"My ideals have changed, Adiol. I am a different demon to the one you once knew," replied Kraven. His eyes were now deep green, his hair black and shoulder-length.

"Ah, yes, your friendship with Reoan has blossomed. But what makes you think that she will welcome you again once you find her? She has changed, too, since your death. It came so soon after Jacob's, she couldn't handle it any more. She is now focused, all she wants is to kill me. She doesn't care about you."

"I know what you are trying to do, Adiol. You are trying to make me forget about Reoan, trying to make me turn against her. It will not work. I am stronger than I once was, I will not kill her. She holds the Key to ending this war."

"Very well. We shall meet again, demon," said Adiol, before disappearing...

[/i]Kraven had known that Adiol was wrong before, when he was taunting him, but he could not be so sure now. Reoan had changed since he had been away. Two years of fighting can change people like that. But to say that she didn't care about him any more. That couldn't be true.

Could it...?

(OOC: Hope this is ok with everyone. Kamuro, I hope you don't mind me saying that Adiol and Kraven have met before, PM me if its a problem and I'll edit)
[/size]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]As everyone rushed to Reoan side...Rubedo continued to stand motionless with his arms crossed as she slowly picked herself from the moist ground of the hilltop.

All he could do was shake his head as Reoan and Adiol engaged themselves once again...the other standing apart from her again feeling completely powerless. But he wasn't...and she commands him to stay out of it.

In a sense...he was disgusted...again, merely placed as a watcher when this fight could easily fall into their favor if she left him fight.

[I]...why in God's name did you seek me out anyway if I'm not even allowed to do anything...[/I]

Rubedo continued to watch the battle unfold...their anger towards one another was obvious...[I]you truly don't know someone until you fight them[/I]...and just by watching them fight, it was like their story unfolded before him as clear as day.

Betrayal...love...lust...manipulation...pain...anger...it was intreging to see Reoan like this who was once a fellow Guardian. Certainly a great asset to tap into the emotions of the human body for power...and yet a weakness in itself.

Arrogance...rage...all this which benefit none. He knew this...and he thought Reoan knew this as well...

Suddenly a power spike entered the area and Rubedo turned his attention behind him as he turned head to look over his shoulder.

[I]...why in God's name did you seek me out...you have enough allies to do what you've set out too do...you once told me you'd give me a purpose...and you still have not set one for me...what am I to do...[/I]

Falling into a state of boredom, Rubedo bent down and sat himself upon the ground...looked up into the sky and took a deep breathe and brought his attention back to the battle.

[I]...they're coming Reoan...[/I]

Amber stood next to David and looked at the Guardian...still questioning who this man was. Pulling herself away from David's hand as the battle continued in the distance, Amber ran over to Rubedo's side despite David's protest and sat down next to him.

[B]"Hello young one."[/B] replied Rubedo without turning his attention away from Reoan as she looked at him in curiousity...David hesitated to approached but instead looked at Reoan fighting Adiol.

[B]"Are you a Guardian...?"[/B] Amber questioned...her black hair blowing in the gentle breeze against Rubedo's red trench coat. His own hair blowed in the wind as he turned his attention to her finally.

[B]"Yes"[/B]

[B]"Are you going to help Reoan?"[/B] she questioned again...remembering back the pain that was in her face when she ran to her.

[B]"No...Reoan has decided to fight this alone...which is foolish in my mind.''[/B]
[B]
"Why do you think that?"[/B] Amber continued to question as the dark man stirred...
[B]
"You're a curious one aren't you..."[/B] he said in a deep tone of voice. She was fearful of him...but she was brave...and Rubedo admired that in such a girl.

[B]"Are you here to help us...?"[/B]

[B]"Yes..."[/B]

[B]"Is Reoan going to die?"[/B] she began to shiver as the wind picked up due to the power and impact of the battle upon the earth.

[B]"I don't know..."[/B] and he turned his gaze back towards the battle. Amber continued to shiver from the cold...and without even thinking she opened up Rubedo's long trench coat and wrapped herself in his long coat. His warmth was incredible...it seemed that he wasn't affected at all by the weather.

Rubedo's eyes burned red as he tried to contain himself from interferring the battle, but then felt Amber touching his body. Without turning his head his looked down at her as this young girl began to snuggle next to him.

He felt compelled to pull away...but her presense was calming...and so he pulled his arm out of the coat sleeve and held her close in his arms. He hadn't been this close to anyone in a long time...and even though he despised it and felt uncomfortable...for her sake he kept her warm and using his powers he soothed her into a relaxing state, to protect her...as he used to do in days of old.

In her mind...he calmed her as if she were a child...[I]...do not worry...all is well...rest young one...do not worry...all is well. [/I][/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]The two stared each other down with such focus, Reoan panting heavily and Adiol breathing just as he had before. The scenery had turned much darker, as rain began to drizzle from the tainted sky. It was only natural, the battlefield where two such conflicting energies would meet could never sustain a wholesome environment. This is what Reoan had feared, turning the very hill from her childhood, a living memory, into nothing more then another collateral wasteland.

She was tired, tired of sacrifice, tired of giving everything away and getting nothing in return - not this time. Suddenly she let out a piercing cry, her muscles tensing and knuckles turning a bright shade of ivory. Adiol stepped back in awe as her power increased dramatically, her aura pulsating through the air nearly knocking everyone from their feet. Rubedo held the small girl close, his feet sinking slightly as he regained composure. Adiol did the same, throwing a hard shoulder to his opponents force and holding his ground against the power.

[B]"What's that??"[/B] Asariel asked, astonished by the abrupt change in power. [B]"It's not Adiol, no, this time it's different,"[/B] he spoke, recieving no answer. Kraven sat silently, shaking his head [B]"It's Reoan."[/B]

[I]Flashback...[/I]

[INDENT]Adiol and Reoan sat adjacent atop a beautiful green hill, both gazing up aimlessly as the sun began set. Reoan's attention drifted from the sky to the angel sitting beside her; it was one of the first times she'd actually seen Adiol's entire face. He'd moved his hair to the side in an attempt to gain a better veiw of the landscape.

The bright colors of the sky played across his pupils, entrancing her even further to their definition. As beautiful as the shifting horizon might have been, it was so much more so through his eyes, as most things were. Whenever her vision of life was distorted, she could find that sparse clarity in her lover's eyes. Her hand moved to his and as their fingers began to interlock, she felt safe. It was as though their souls fit in suit with their hands, finding a worthwhile vindication.

[B]"I love this place,"[/B] Adiol spoke softly, still gazing out among the progressively brighter stars.

[B]"Me too,"[/B] spoke Reoan, leaning her head slightly to the side and resting it on the angel's shoulders.

[B]"No matter what happens, we'll always have this place,"[/B] Adiol continued. [B]"The wars won't last forever, but this memory will. And I'd gladly trade my life to protect it."[/B]

Reoan sighed at the thought of the ongoing war between Heaven and Hell, and the realization that Adiol may be forced to participate. Hearing his lover's heave of uncertainty, Adiol drew his attention to the women beside him, placing his finger just under her chin and raising her eyes to meet his own. [B]"It'll be alright, I promise,"[/B][/INDENT]

[I]End Flashback...[/I]

Adiol fell to his knees as the pulsating aura ceased it's violent pounding. [B]"Do you remember now?"[/B] Reoan shouted across the field, anger plastered across her face.

Adiol rose slowly from the ground, hunched over slightly. [B]"Did you think that silly vision would change my mind?"[/B] he shouted back. [B]"Stop wasting my time with useless memories, the time is now, and you will die!"[/B]

[B]OOC: There's a little flashback for you DC.[/B][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Reoan took in a deep breath heavily as she relaxed her shoulders, allowing her sword to drop. Adiol had used such a childhood memory against her, and now it was backfiring. She cleared her mind and allowed her power to drop back to normal.

"This is not the time," Reoan said softly as she turned her back on the Angel and started towards David, Amber and Rubedo. She could hear the angel rushing at her, but before he could strike, Reoan destroyed the vision he had so perfectly conjurred up.

The busy city streets of Cairo suddenly came into view. The irrating noise of motor vehicles, and the massive jets and aircrafts landing and taking off all flooded back into every ones senses. Rubedo stood now, the young girl wrapped in his coat still as David slowly approached Reoan. The Angel had stopped his attack upon noticing his surroundings and grit his teeth.

"This isn't over, Guardian." Adiol cursed as he took one last look at the bustling city before disappearing into the crowd.

Reoan wavered a bit in her steps as she felt Kraven and Asariel nearing her again. Her head swam with the roar of voices in and out of her head. She reached out to grap a hold of David's arm, but missed and began to stumble forward. Before David even had time to react, Asariel had scooped up the ex-Guardian into his arms and was cradling her close to his body.

"Miss Reoan," the fallen angel whispered softly.

"Cluttered with the voices of many, my Asariel. I can feel both yours and Kraven's pain and concern for my recent behavior." Reoan replied to her name, but did not look at him.

"Miss Reoan--." Asariel began again when Reoan brought her head up and placed a single finger on his tender lips. Their warmth flooted quickly through her finger and into her arm. She shuttered softly with unexplainable pleasure as she allowed herself for a brief moment to enjoy his body against hers.

"You and Kraven will follow David, Amber, the Guardian and I back to our apartment. There we will rest for a moment, gather ourselves together, and then find Beelzebub and Sartael before we face Adiol again." Reoan slowly pulled herself from Asariel's grasp and made her way to David's car that was still parked in front of the airport entrance.

Asariel nodded and told Kraven of their orders. Reoan did not bother to watch if they had gotten their own transportation when she climbed into David's vehicle, along with Rubedo and Amber. They drove off into the crowded streets and deep into the city. The ride was a quiet one as Reoan regained her strength and thought out their next plans. It was time for her to do something she had not in some time.[/COLOR]

OOC: Sorry for such a short post...I have more...but its 2am and I really think its time for me to sleep :sleep:[/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]"This had better be good," frowned Kraven absently.

[b]"At least she knows we're concerned."[/b] Asariel shrugged his shoulders. [b]"It's a start."[/b]

"Whether or not she'll [i]address[/i] those concerns is another matter." The demon turned his eyes scornfully to the main road, his gaze following David's car speeding away from the mass of humanity that surrounded them. "Who knows..."

Allowed a brief moment to collect his thoughts, Asariel couldn't contain a quiet smile that spread across his face. Her very nearness, her touch, had reminded him of the times long ago when things had been simpler...only a bit simpler, but enough so that Asariel was able to be closer to Reoan on a regular basis. Now, it seemed that he was constantly being sent to run errands, away from her -- maybe they'd have some time together at the apartment. If he was lucky. He couldn't help but wonder if she knew what had happened to him, why he had sought her out to begin with. Asariel doubted it, considering that it wasn't widely spoken or known of, even in Heaven's ranks. But still, it was advantageous for a leader to know why her followers fought, no?

--------------------

[i]Is it...a sin now? What I've done...?[/i]

The young angel cradled the lifeless body of a demon in his arms. All around him, the eternal fire roared, crackling and writhing about the small platform of rock suspended over a sea of inferno. His fingers ran through her long dark hair, along the curves of her high cheekbones.

[i]Loving is...a sin?[/i]

His armor torn and his body covered in the wounds of past battles, the angel's long silver hair draped across his face like a veil as he wept, clutching the body of his beloved tight against his chest. And the more tears came forth, the more the pain in his heart intensified.

[i]How could this have happened? How...how can this be?![/i]

He ground his teeth as the pain within him seared his veins, burning nerve endings to ash and laying waste to the sanity in his mind. The sadness and hurt over his loss turned quickly to hating and the angel tried desperately to reason out why his love had been slain, and he, condemned to Hell for loving a demon...

[i]There is no justice left in Heaven! God's laws have faded into nothing, they are NOTHING![/i]

The armor ripped from his body. With his own two hands, the angel wrenched at his tunic, allowing his pearl-white wings to burst free. Almost instantly the flames surrounded him, scorching feathers and flesh and sending Asariel cowering to the ground beneath him. Still, his grip never loostened on the one thing he had cared for above all else.

[i]WHY?! WHY WAS I CREATED?! DO I EXIST JUST FOR YOUR SICK AMUSEMENT, MASTER OF PUPPETS?! [/i]

His cries shook the foundations of Hell. Deep within him, he turned from the last remnants of his loving and took Hatred like a firebrand, searing its mark deep into his flesh. With that power he stained his features in darkness, his silver hair becoming a deep violet and his eyes to iridescent crimson. His blackened wings unfurled as he roared out his defiance to the Heaven that had condemned him.

[i]NO LONGER SHALL I BE THE ONE WHOM GOD HAS BOUND! I AM ASARIEL, AND FROM HENCEFORTH, THEY SHALL CALL ME THE ONE WHO BEARS FANGS AT GOD! I WILL NOT REST UNTIL ALL YOUR WORLDS ARE WASTELANDS, AND YOUR KINGDOM A RUIN! I SWEAR IT![/i]

--------------------

Asariel took wing instantly, surrounding himself with an aura of illusory energy so that those nearby would take no notice of him. To Kraven, he shouted,

[b]"I am certain you can take care of yourself. I will see you at the apartment."[/b]

With that, he winged high into the sky. The past always brought back the most horrible memories...and even now, the present was of little comfort. His eyes scanned the landscape below for a location of quiet and solitude, one where he could work out his thoughts for a moment in peace. The first fifteen minutes of his flight was rather uneventful. Spotting a rather perilous-looking clifftop jutting out above the ocean, Asariel descended rapidly. Set in a rather inhospitable area of the wilderness, the fallen angel touched down lightly on the pinnacle, looking out across the horizon.

There was a sudden weakness that washed through his veins, a light-headedness that forced Asariel to his knees. A vision danced unbidden in his mind, unclear and hazy.

[i]Reoan.[/i]

Was it Asariel's own voice he heard in his head, calling to her?

The angel doubled over, gasping for breath. He could feel his strength waning, as if several thousand years of battle had finally caught up with him. The muscles in his body turned to ash as Asariel knelt on the ground, clasping his head in both hands.

[i]Reoan.[/i]

An unseen energy laid waste to his senses. Before all consciousness was lost, Asariel sent forth a desperate cry though his mind, one he knew to be his own.

[b][i]Reoan![/i][/b]

The angel lay limp, unmoving. His eyelids fluttered briefly for a moment, and then all was silent. His breathing slowed, so that it was difficult to tell whether Asariel was alive or dead. Across the empty clifftop, the breeze cast his hair across his face, gently tugging at the edge of his longcoat.

His hair, rather then being its normal violet color, was now silver. [/color][/size]

[size=1][b]OOC: The usual. PM if you need anything changed ^^[/b][/size]