OtakuBoards

AMD3: The Reason for Life [M-LVS]

demonchild781

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Silent tears rolled down her cheeks. Those words comforted her only but a little. It was what she had wanted to hear ever since she began feeling attracted to him, but it didn't give her the comfort she was seeking for. For her to feel at peace, he would have to be true to his word, and stay at her side.

Pulling the sheets off herself, Raven made her way into the bathroom. She shut the door behind her softly, her green hair running over her shoulders. She saw a fresh pair of clothes beside the sink. The hospital staff must have been kind enough to find something for her. Taking off the horrible hospital gown, Raven mindlessly pulled on her underwear and bra, then her jeans and then her shirt. she automatically sort for her gun holster only to find it wasn't there.

Sighing, she looked at herself in the mirror. Some of Rubedo's words rang true with her as well. About their purpose. She was starting to wonder whether this was just a game - a game using human and immortal lives alike - or if it really was a war?

" What is our purpose? What is a Zodiac's purpose? We're supposed to be the balance. But when the sides change, when good turns to evil, or evil turns to good, or there is no good and evil, only grey area, whose to say who lives or dies? We're supposed to be the balance. But what exactly are we supposed to balance out?"

Straightening up her hair, Raven walked back out into her room. Rubedo was still sitting on the chair beside the table. It felt so strange having him near her, like it was really just a dream. Like he was just an illusion that Zane had made up. But she knew he was here.

She walked over to the flowers, stroking them with a light finger.

" Where are the others?" she asked softly.
" They've gone to interview Reoan," Rubedo replied, standing up.
" Interview?"
" Reoan has agreed to answer their questions. Kariz has decided to take it upon herself and you other Zodiac to choose who is in the right and wrong."
" Right."

Rubedo came up behind her. Raven's skin tingled with how close he was to her. It was almost unbearable to be this close to him, without touching him. All she wanted was to feel his warmth, but she had to steel herself and wait to see if his words were true, or not.[/color][/size]

OOC: Kairi, you can take Rubedo and Raven and find the others if that is what you desire.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed]Kariz walked in silence beside Zane and Ima. They were all on edge, [I]and they should be[/I]. [I]This thing was big, much bigger than the difference between right or wrong, good and bad. This was a war after all. [/I]
Kariz looked up the street and then stopped walking. Zane and Ima paused and looked back at her.
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][B]?You alright??[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?Yeah Ima, I?m fine? Zane, I suggest you two go back to Raven?s.?[/B]

[COLOR=Navy][B]?Where are you going??[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?I?m going to find Reoan. I?ll be on my cell if you need me?[/B]

Zane hesitated and then nodded, giving Kariz an understanding smile. They walked away up the street. Kariz crossed the dark street and hotwired a motorcycle that was leaning outside a closed down store. She hopped on and blasted down the street. She knew where Reoan was? [I]she could feel her?[/I]

She whipped the bike onto the sidewalk in front of the girl and Reoan, blocking their path.

[COLOR=Gray][B]?Zodiac!? [/B][/COLOR] the girl screamed and rushed the motorcycle. Kariz put out an arm as the girl flung herself on her. [COLOR=Gray][B]?Run Reoan!?[/B][/COLOR]

Kariz knocked the girl on her ass with a quick push of her arm. She climbed off the bike and pulled off the helmet,shaking out her short black hair and looking at Reoan. Reoan nodded.

[COLOR=purple][B]?It?s alright Amber, she won?t hurt me.?[/B][/COLOR]

The girl looked up at her in confusion, then back at Kariz [COLOR=Gray][B]?No matter, we have to get to Kraven!?[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=purple][B]?You go ahead Amber, call me if things get bad. There are things to be discussed here.?[/B][/COLOR]

The girl looked like she wanted to object, but only stood, nodded, and ran off down the street. Reoan walked over to the curb and sat down.

[COLOR=purple][B]?So zodiac. You?ve found me, yet again.? [/B] [/COLOR] She looked up at Kariz and smiled [COLOR=purple][B]?You?re animal must be quite the hunter?[/B][/COLOR]

Kariz looked at her, considering for a moment, then joined her on the curb. [I]Reoan didn?t look like someone heaven and hell would give up the world to stop. She didn?t look much older than Kariz herself. But then, she?d seen a lot of strange things over the past couple years.[/I]

[B]?Who started this??[/B]

Reoan sighed and shook her head [COLOR=purple][B]?That one I?ll take upon myself, fair or not.? [/B][/COLOR] She stared off into the distance [COLOR=purple][B]?I fell in love. Guardians aren?t allowed to do that.?[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?So now we have a war? How does that figure??[/B]

[COLOR=purple][B]?We?ve had two because of it actually. The first, God ended it by sending my love to kill me. All for the sake of the balance. And this, this is vengeance. Pure and simple?[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?It?s not that simple anymore.?[/B]

[COLOR=purple][B]?It sure isn?t?[/B][/COLOR]

They sat in silence for awhile. [B]?Rubedo thinks balance can only only be brought if all the angel and demons are gone?[/B]

[COLOR=purple][B]?Sent back to their realms??[/B][/COLOR] Reoan nodded [COLOR=purple][B]?Yeah, that sounds about right.?[/B][/COLOR]

Kariz stared off ahead of her at nothing. She still had one more thing she needed to know. [B]?Who ordered the demon attack on the hotel? Who would want us dead other than you??[/B]

Reoan shook her head[COLOR=purple][B] ?I don?t know. I honestly don?t. Even I don?t want you dead, so I don?t know who else would have that motivation.?[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?Maybe Ben?[/B]

Reoan looked at her sharply[COLOR=purple][B] ?Ben? You?ve seen Ben? When??[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?Two years ago just before the slaughter. He bailed out of the car and I haven?t seen him since. Other than the people in that hotel room, he was the only one who knew where we were.?[/B]

Reoan considered her for a moment [COLOR=purple][B]?no? I don?t think Ben did that. He was in everything for himself and he would have had nothing to gain from it.?[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?So what now??[/B]

[COLOR=purple][B]?You?re asking me? Believe me babe, I will get my revenge. And when that happens, only when that happens, all beings who don?t belong here need to be sent back ? including me.?[/B][/COLOR]

Kariz looked at her. [I]This wasn?t about random killings. This wasn?t about causing people pain. It was about causing God pain. And she did intend to end things and balance things out when she was done?[/I]

A cell phone ringing broke the silence [COLOR=purple][B]?Amber? Yeah, yeah, ok I?m on my way.? [/B] [/COLOR] She hung up the phone and stood [COLOR=purple][B]?I have to go, Kraven needs my help?[/B][/COLOR]

[B]?Wait?[/B] Reoan turned and looked at her. Kariz stood [B]?We?ll take the bike. Hop on?[/B][/COLOR]

[size=1]Kraven took a step to enter the building where he would meet his fate. The building where he would find his maker, and where his story would most likely end. He took a deep breath, and pushed the door open.

[b]"Wait!" [/b]came a voice, [b]"Kraven, wait!"[/b] The demon turned around, and saw Amber running towards him. He knelt down to greet her.

[b]"What is it, Amber? Why are you here?" [/b]he asked.

[b]"You cannot go up there alone. The power of Sartael and Beelzebub combined is far too much for you to fight alone. I am here to help, and if we are lucky, Reoan should be here soon too."

"Amber," [/b]replied Kraven, [b]"I may die up there, but that is what must happen. I must die to restore balance, and if I can destroy Beelzebub while I am there, then all the better. It is my time, and I cannot help that."

"Then let me come with you," [/b]she replied.

[b]"You can't. You said yourself it is too dangerous. Sartael and Beelzebub would kill you before starting on me. I can't let you die, Amber."

"Then wait for Reoan. She can help."

"No," [/b]replied Kraven softly but firmly, [b]"This is something I must do myself."

"I'm still coming, no matter what you say," [/b]the girl replied, [b]"you can't stop me."

[/b]The demon sighed.

[b]"Very well. Seeing as you give me no other choice, I will allow you to accompany me."

[/b]He entered the building, with Amber following, and began to make his way up the stairs. He climbed slowly and purposefully, not making any noise. He checked his swords were in place, and psyched himself up for the battle ahead.

Soon enough he reached the very top floor. Behind the double doors that lay in front of him was Beelzebub. He took another deep breath and pushed them open. He gasped. There was a beautiful-looking female angel and a dark male demon standing in a room, with the bodies of many Guardians lying on the floor, twisted into any number of bizarre contortions.

[b]"Ah, Kraven," [/b]said the demon, [b]"I wasn't expecting you so soon."

[/b]With these words, the demon merely drew an axe and hurled it at Kraven, in such a swift motion that Kraven had no time to deflect it. The weapon crunched straight into his shoulder, and knocked him backwards. Blood leaked from the wound, and he slowly got to his feet, blood dribbling from the corner of his mouth.

[b]"Amber," [/b]he said, his breath gurgling from the blood that was building up in his lungs, [b]"Call Reoan. I need her here now."

[/b]He turned back to the fight, and drew his swords. Beelzebub laughed.

[b]"You always were a strong one, Kraven," [/b]he said, [b]"You never gave up."

"Why should I, when scum like you still exists?" [/b]gasped Kraven, stumbling forwards, leaving the axe in his shoulder to cut off any blood from escaping. His swords hung limply in his hands, and Beelzebub drew his own sword.

[b]"I have been waiting for this moment for so long," [/b]said Beelzebub, laughing, [b]"And now I finaly get to kill you." [/b]He walked towards Kraven, swinging his sword...
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Arial]

Sartael saw the girl move away quickly and remove a phone from her pocket. Sartael ran over to the human and flung her whip at her.

[B]"Reoan? Help! its Kraven! He's..."[/B] Silence. The phone lay shattered on the floor between Sartael and the human called Amber.

Amber glared at Sartael but was surprised when the whip was drawn back into Sartael's body. Sartael turned her attention from Amber and back to the fight between Kraven and Beezlebub.

[B]" Why did you not kill me?"[/B] Amber continued to stare at Sartael. Sartael's eyes were still glued on the two opponents. Her conclusion about the fight overwhelmingly leaning to Beezlebub. [B]"ANSWER ME!"[/B]

Sartael turned and looked at the woman and begn to move in closer. Her hands at her sides, but the site of blood still evident on her face. A smirk going across it as she looked the human up and down.

[B]"I have no reason to kill you."[/B]

Amber only stared as Sartael stopped only a few feet away from her and turned back to the fight.

[B]"No matter how you see it...Amber. My job here is to kill Reoan, or make sure she is dead before I go. Besides you did not threaten me. You're killing would be miniscule and unneeded. Nothing would be gained or lost if you died. So why waste my energy?"[/B]

Sartael turned to the fight between Beezlebub and Kraven and looked on as the minor demon held his won for a good moment before being overpowered by Beezelbub.

[I]Stop toying with him Beezelbub.[/I]

She looked on. Amber remained still as she could do nothing but watch.

[B]"I suggest you leave this place."[/B] Sartael said breaking the silence. Ambers eyes focusing on her face and wild flying hair as the angel spoke. [B]"Although I won't kill you, it might not stop Beezelbub from doing it."[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]Beelzebub's sword smashed down on Kraven's a ringing sound echoing throughout the room. The Duke was far too powerful, he had immense physical strength and technique far greater than Kraven's own. Kraven could feel his arms beginning to weaken as the Duke smashed his sword down again and again.

Kraven's knees buckled, and he dropped to the floor. Beelzebub threw away his sword, letting it clatter to the ground, and began beating Kraven with his fists, raining punches down on him without mercy. Kraven felt bones snap, blood vessels burst, and bruises form. He was being beaten, and he had not even put up a fight.

Finally, Beelzebub was done, and he stood up straight, leaving Kraven beaten half to death on the floor. He saw Sartael standing next to the girl that Kraven had brought in.

[b]"Ah, Kraven," [/b]he said, picking up Amber by the scruff of her neck, [b]"You bring an innocent young girl to our battle? Have you no respect? Just for that, I am going to kill her in front of you. That's right, Kraven, you get to watch a small child die in front of you."

"No..." [/b]said Kraven weakly, [b]"I won't let you..."

"What was that, Kraven?" [/b]asked Beelzebub mockingly, [b]"I can't hear you!"

"You will not hurt the girl as long as I am alive," [/b]gasped the lesser demon through painful breaths.

[b]"And who is going to stop me?" [/b]said Beelzebub. When no-one answered, he smiled sadistically, and turned his attention to Amber. He picked up his sword and held it to her throat.

[b]"I'm going to slit her throat, so her blood will spill. You will die in her blood, Kraven."

NO[/b], said a voice, a deep, booming voice from behind Beelzebub. The demon turned and saw that Kraven was now on his feet, and apparently even floating a couple of inches off the ground.

[b]"So you're ready for another beating, are you, Kraven?" [/b]said Beelzebub, dropping Amber and turning his attention to Kraven. He launched himself at him, trying to punch him, but Kraven caught his fist in a hand that had been down by his side a few second previously.

[b]"How?!" [/b]said Beelzebub, shocked, [b]"No-one is that fast!" [/b]Kraven looked at him with cold, dead eyes, no emotion showing on his face, and squeezed down on Beelzebub's fist, crushing bones in his grasp. The demon groaned, and Kraven slammed him down to the floor.

[b]YOU ARE WEAK, BEELZEBUB. YOU WISH TO HARM A YOUNG GIRL, AN UNARMED CHILD? YOU ARE WEAK AND A COWARD,[/b] said Kraven, his voice huge now, [b]AND YOU SHALL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.

[/b]Kraven looked upwards, and his body became wreathed in black fire. His eyes turned completely black, and he pointed a hand in Beelzebub's direction.

[b]IT IS YOUR TIME, BEELZEBUB, [/b]he said, dropping to the floor and picking up his swords, [b]NOW, FIGHT ME...[/b]
[/size]

OOC: Oh come on, Beezlebub isn't that twisted and honorless......wait nevermind he is lol.

[size=1][color=darkred]Beezlebub erupted with laughter, as soon as Kraven's swords were in hand. Reaching out his hand he summoned his sword to him and drove it into the floor in front of him. His laughter still echoing his ebony wings sprouted from his back showering the room in the warm crimson liquid. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Turning to Sartael, he spoke [b]"Leave now, for this battle may take us to the very pits of hell, take the girl with you, she is no longer needed, I have gotten what I want. You must find Adiol and deliver him to Reoan, he needs to witness the truths of Karma. Reoan should be ready for her fate at that point, and that should restore this so called balance everyone strives for"[/b] He finished drawing a strange look from Sartael.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][color=indigo][b]"You do not command me!"[/b][/color] She spat back at the demon.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"GO or I will slay you myself"[/b] He roared back at her, as she reluctantly grabbed the girl and made her exodus.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][color=indigo][b]"Don't die, I haven't fought and killed you yet"[/b][/color] She said as she left the building[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Turning back to Kraven he smiled, [b]"I see the fires of hell burn strong within you, not just the normal fires of hell, the black fire of the pit, it was my gift to you when you were brought into existance"[/b] He continued placing his hands on the hilt of his sword.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"You use it well, and it brings you closer to me everytime, that which you seek to destroy me with is that which I was reborn in, in essence it is what I am, Now let me show you how a DUKE OF HELL WIELDS IT!"[/b] [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Beezlebub's eyes faded to blood red and his skin to pitch black, as black fire seemingly began to pour out his chest engulfing him. He seemed to draw more flames from the ground as they rippled up his legs and sword. Spreading his wings he fanned them as they were taken by the unholy flames.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][color=black][b]"The only difference I see is unneccesary theatrics"[/b][/color] Kraven spat charging at the demon.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Swiftly Beezlebub began to charge drawing his sword from the ground on his way past. As their swords connected, a black shockwave of energy shot from the blades, crippling the foundation of the building. The continued to strike back and forth, Beezlebub's power and technique matched by Kraven's speed and determination. As thier swords met and stuck again they both tried to thrust, Kraven taking a small cut on his hip, while Beezlebub recieved one on his shoulder. They both jumped back and began circling each other.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][b]"Kraven, what are you fighting for?"[/b] Beezlebub asked his eyes stuck on his opponent.[/color][/size]

OOC: I hope that is ok Wraith and Hinata, let me know if I need to change anything.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]
[I] Damn him![/I]

Her temper was flaring as she held the humans hand tightly almost draining it of blood as she ran from the building. The tension within those walls building up quickly as she managed to break away from the powerful forces built up by those two.

The human barely keeping up, but she was managing to hold her own in these circumtances.

As they stood on the outskirts of the building she felt the clash in power between Beezelbub and Kraven. Kraven's power gaining on Beezlebubs but the Duke may have held more in store for his lesser half.

[B]"LET GO OF ME!"[/B] Amber grabbed her hand away from Sartael and began to approach the building.

[B]"Stop where you are or you will die.[/B] Sartael said, some concern escaping from her voice for the mortal. An experiece she rarely showed to anyone, and most definetly not a human.

[B]Kraven is in danger and Reoan will be here soon. I must go in and do what I....[/B] Before she could get out another word Sartael hit her behind the neck causing the girl to pass out quickly. She scooped the mortal up and took her along with her to find Adiol.

[B]Sorry little one. You're collateral now. Besides that is Kraven's fight. You'd only get in his way. [/B]

She flew off into the sky with the mortal Amber in her hands. Reoan's any many others power slowly getting closer to the spot she just left. She needed someway of getting Adiol back and quickly. Things needed to be settled. And it seemed the hell pit beginning to materialise was going to be where things really gotheated, figuratively and literally speaking.

Amber may be just the pawn needed to draw Adiol out. The time for him to confrotn Reoan was soon. She felt it in her the possibilities numerous as she soared away from the battle site.

[I]Adiol.[/I] She flew off and called his name hoping that she could reach him someway somehow and soon. She needed not be late. Beezelbubs chances would dwindle once Reoan and the other gathered, and she needed him for this plan to work out.

She smiled to herself as she thought of it.

[I]An angel needing a demon. My my my. How ironic[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Reoan smirked as she climbed onto the back of the motorcycle behind the Zodiac Aries. The firey woman, started the engine and threw it into drive, squeeling the tires as they julted forward. Reoan held firmly to her waist, both women's hair rushing backwards.

The Zodiac drive down the busy streets, zipping back and forth between the two cars. Kraven's energy pulsed within Reoan's body. Her breathing staggered as they took a sharp turn to the right. She regained herself quickly as the Zodiac slid to a stop.

Reoan swiftly jumped off and looked over at Asariel and David, their vague expressions leaving her to worry. She turned back to the Zodiac.

"Thank you," she lowered her head softly. "I wish you and your companions the best."

Kariz nodded as she watched Reoan and her companions rush down the street.

"Where's Amber?" Reoan growled as she prepared a summoning spell.

"I...uh..." David stammered.

Reoan growled as she called out and her sword hilt slid gracefully into her hand, the blade jutting down towards the side walk. The innocent by standers rushing from her way.

Asariel rose to the sky, his massive black wings extending out and around Reoan as he lifted the ex-Guardian off the ground.

"Find Kraven, and don't fail me, David." Reoan called down from the sky as the two of them disappeared into the sky.

[CENTER]************[/CENTER]

This is where it all ends
The price for vengence
Is the death of both the accused
And the one doing the transaction

"I can feel Sartael is not far," Asariel said softly as they floated in the air, hovering over a massive moutain range covered in forest.

"Set me in the forest." Reoan said sharply.

"Miss Reoan?"

"Yeah..."

"What happened on the cliff ledge?"

"A moment of realization," Reoan's voice was soft as she stared down at the forest. Her breath catching in her throat as her body was flooded with an energy all too familiar.

"There!" Reoan shouted, pointing towards the center of the moutain range.

Asariel dove, both him and Reoan's feet flying behind them as crisp wind rushed over them both.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]?Zane, It?s Kariz. Yeah, I?m fine. Listen, Rubedo is right, the balance can only be restored when all forces from Heaven and Hell are sent back to their respective realms.
No, Reoan agrees actually. She said that after she gets her revenge, she knows she has to go back as well.
I don?t know, I?m almost leaning toward letting her get her revenge, I think she?s earned the right.
Look, I know that but I? shit, Zane, I got to go. I?ll meet you back at Ravens.?[/B]

Kariz clicked the cell phone shut and looked around. Sirens. [I]The cops.[/I] She was on a back ally, no one else around, and the sirens where headed her way. She hopped on the bike and blasted through the alley into traffic. Weaving in and out of cars at top speed, she knew they couldn?t keep up. [I]She?d lose them in no time[/I]. And then she felt it. An energy serge from one of the cop cars. [I]Demons. Damn it, they weren?t after her because she stole the bike, they were after something else?[/I][/COLOR]
(OOC: I know it's short)

[color=Navy][size=1]Zane cflipped his phone shut. Ima looked up at him.

" Was that Kariz?" she asked hoepfully, for the first time, remembering who Kariz was. Zane couldn't help but smile and nod.
" We finally know, as Zodiacs, what to do now. We have to send all that don't belong on this plane back to their own realms. That way.... we can restore the balance, like we're supposed to."

Ima looked a bit bewildered but nodded, agreeing with him. " Did Kariz say anything else?"
" No... just that we meet her back at Raven's. We should be able to come up with some sort of strategy there."
" Right."

The two Zodiac quickly made their way through the city of Athens to Raven's apartment. Taking the elevator to the top floor, Zane used his key to get inside. Night was falling quickly, as if the world knew that this war was going to get worse before it would get better, and that darkness could hide all the tragedies that were about to occur.

Walking over to the balcony, Zane opened the glass doors, leaving the screen there so the insects couldn't get inside. Ima sat down tentatively on the couch, looking around. Zane walked to the kitchen and looked in the pantry, selecting some items he could cook with. Before long, he had a meal for himself, Kariz and Ima on the go.

Ima sat quietly in the couch. Her eyes caught the sight of a bookcase with a lot of books stored within the shelves. She got up and moved towards the bookcase, looking at the titles. Zane left the cooking, letting a bodied illusion finish up the meal.

" I wonder if Rubedo is right...." Zane muttered.
" Hm?"
" Oh... Kariz said that Rubedo was right, and this is what we had to do.... I can see the logic in it.... but I can't help feeling that this war is going to get much worse before it will get any better.... and that some of us.... indeed perhaps all... will perish in these endeavours."
" Do you really think that might happen?"
" It's possible.... it's better to prepare for that... just if the need for ours lives to become forfeit became a reality...."[/color][/size]

[size=1](OOC: Sorry about the confusion, shadow)

[b]"Kraven, what are you fighting for?" [/b]asked the Duke of Hell goadingly. They circled each other, both burning with the flames of Hell. Kraven spat a reply at him.

[b]"I fight for what I believe in. And what I believe in is Reoan. You may not like that, Beelzebub, that I have turned from Hell to fight against you, but that is the way things have turned out. Now, enough talking. Let us fight."

"If that is what you wish, Kraven, but be warned, just because I created you, doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you."

"I wouldn't expect anything of the sort," [/b]replied Kraven, [b]"Not from a Duke of Hell, at least."

[/b]Beelzebub snarled and leapt at Kraven, his sword swinging at the lesser demon's neck. Kraven was glad that Sartael had removed Amber from the scene, but he couldn't help wondering where she was taking her.

But he had more pressing issues on his mind. He blocked Beelzebub's swing, his arm jarring. He fell to one knee, his sword loosening in his grip. He struggled to keep a hold on it, and he felt the power of the Hell-Fire ebbing.

He pushed back with all the remaining strength of the fire, and blasted Beelzebub across the room, into a bookcase, which shattered.

[b]"You want to play with fire?" [/b]shouted Beelzebub, leaping back to his feet. He clenched his hands, and blasted a column of Hell-Fire at Kraven, who hurriedly, with the last dribble of power left to him, erected a barrier of Hell-Fire around himself.

As flame hit flame, a thunderous explosion rang out across the city, and the floor of the building the two demons were in exploded outwards, shards of glass and mortar blasting across the street. The building could then no longer support the weight of the roof, and it collapsed, in a cloud of black flame and dust.

Two figures burst from the cloud of dust, as thick and choking as it was, and fell to earth, even though one of them had a pair of vast, jet-black wings protruding from his back.

They seemed to be fighting as they fell, surrounded by a strange aura of black fire, and as they smashed into earth, only one of them emerged from the cloud of black fire, smoke and dust...
[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=darkred]Beezlebub slowly rose out of the dust, smoke and unholy flames, a layer of dust and soot covering his battered body. His clothes hung loosly, full of holes revealing small trickles of crimson blood. Stretching his massive wings revealed several small cuts in the ebony skin. Slowly the demon's eyes glanced up at the sky.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"Where are you headed Sartael, I will be able to see this through after all" Beezlebub thought scanning the skies for her angelic aura.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Slowly he began to flap his wings clearing the dust that hadn't settled yet. As the veil cleared Kraven's unconscious body became visible. Holding out his hand Beezlebub summoned his charcoal grey sword to him and slowly sheathed it.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"I must take my leave, how I would love to finish this now, I must see through what I came here to accomplish" The demon said in a monotone voice.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Before he could rise off the ground he felt surrounded by the energy of many guardians. They circled around the two demons, growing in number with every second. "Damn so the tides have turned once again" He thought drawing his sword. Quickly he let out a mental shout, hoping it would reach the angel.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"Sartael, may you wings be swift, I feel the end is near, or perhaps just the beginning. I hope our paths cross again, in this life or the next, I would enjoy that, though as friends or enemies shall be the question............visit me in hell anytime" Beezlebub finished with a laugh.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Turning to the unconscious demon he roared, his voice shaking the ground.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"KRAVEN.......IS YOUR BLOOD THAT THIN, RISE AS A DEMON AND LEARN WHAT IT IS TO BE A DUKE OF HELL"[/color][/size]

[size=1]Kraven heard these words and rose to his feet, almost as if under a spell. He walked slowly, silently over to Beelzebub, who stood with his sword drawn and his wings spread wide, waiting for the Guardians to come.

[b]"What do you say, Kraven? We work together to destroy these pathetic Guardians, so that we can end this the way we choose?" [/b]asked the Duke. Kraven nodded, and drew his weapons.

[b]"Come on, now, Kraven," [/b]said Beelzebub with a half-smile, [b]"If you're going to die, you may as well go as you were born."

[/b]Kraven looked at him, then returned his half-smile, and allowed his wings to emerge. They ripped the back of his jacket open, and burst forth from underneath, jet-black and smooth, shining in the moonlight.

[b]"Let's show them how demons fight," [/b]he said, looking carefully at the circle of Guardians that surrounded them now, from them to his enemy, the one he now stood beside.

The two demons rushed the Guardians, swords flashing. Grey-cloaked figures drew their own weapons, but were cut down by the strength of the two demons. Blood splashed to the ground, staining weapons as the Guardians fell.

Soon there were few Guardians left. Beelzebub grabbed one and slammed him to the ground, breaking his neck, as Kraven rammed his sword through another.

Thunk.

An arrow flew from the bow of a young female Guardian, and slammed into Kraven's stomach. He was knocked to the ground, and Beelzebub hurled his axe at the girl. It lodged itself in her head, killing her, and Beelzebub picked Kraven up, pulling the arrow out.

[b]"Now that the Guardians are gone," [/b]said Beelzebub, [b]"You must be fit and healthy for our battle. Your wound is healed."

[/b]Kraven looked down, and saw that the wound had closed up. He felt fitter than ever, ready to fight Beelzebub.

[b]"Let's finish this..."

[/b]OOC: Alrighty, shadow, if you want to begin the battle proper, then I will finish it with my next post)
[/size]