OtakuBoards

AMD3: The Reason for Life [M-LVS]

demonchild781

[b][size=1]"We can take you there. Asariel, take David and Reoan. I'll take Amber. You go, I'll catch you up," [/size][/b][size=1]said Kraven softly. Asariel nodded, and unfurled his wings, and, taking hold of David and Reoan, he took off, flying out of the window.

Kraven watched until he was out of sight, over the horizon, then turned to Amber. She was sitting on the bed, smiling. Kraven knelt down beside her.

[b]"Tell me," [/b]he said softly, but with an air of menace, [b]"You house Fate inside your body. What effect does this have on your own soul? Because I must know whether or not your soul is going to remain pure, Amber. An impure soul is not worthy of following Reoan, do you understand? So if I see you making one wrong move, I will kill you myself."

[/b]Amber nodded, and Kraven got to his feet.

[b]"Now you might want to look away. This process can put people into shock."

"I may look like a girl, but I'm a demon, Kraven. I've seen much worse things than what you're about to do," [/b]she replied coolly. Kraven nodded, and drew one of his swords. He placed the blade on his hand, and drew it across quickly, cutting a shallow gash in the flesh. Blood dribbled out, and Kraven clenched his fist, allowing droplets of blood to fall to the floor.

As soon as they hit the ground, bright red light engulfed Kraven. His bones began to shift as two new organs appeared in his body. Amber shielded her eyes as this process took place, the light almost blinding her. When the light faded and she removed her hand, Kraven was still stood there, but different. Now, two huge, ebony wings protruded from his back, not quite as grand as Asariel's, but very impressive none the less. There were still a few wriggling tendrils of red light dotted around the room, but they were fading quickly.

[b]"You ready to go?" [/b]asked Kraven, panting, slightly exhausted from the transformation. Amber nodded and ran over to Kraven, who took her in his arms, and leapt out of the window, his giant wings flapping.

[b]"So, Kraven, tell me what its like in the Pits," [/b]she asked when they were somewhere over West Africa.

[i]That's an odd question, [/i]thought Kraven, [i]surely as a demon she would know what its like down there.

[/i][b]"There are things you've never seen. Demons running to and fro, always busy with some diabolical quest. The fire burns so hot you can feel it in your bones, and it burns with a strange, deep red colour that you will never see on earth."

"But you saw it on earth. And so did Asariel," [/b]she said softly, [b]"Do you remember, Kraven? Up on that rooftop, that fateful night. You took something that wasn't yours to take, and absorbed it into your body. You killed a Duke of Hell, but he wasn't supposed to die that night," [/b]her voice was changing now, [b]"You altered Fate, Kraven. You were supposed to be killed by those demons on the rooftop, and so was Asariel, but you managed to change it. And change it for the better, Kraven."

"Fate, leave her. I wish to talk with Amber, not you," [/b]said Kraven.

[b]"Very well," [/b]said Fate, and her voice vanished, Amber left sleeping in the demon's arms, looking as peaceful as could be...

-----------------

A few hours later, they arrived in Greece. Kraven flew around for a while, searching for familiar energy signatures, and finally found one. But it was not the one he was looking for.

He swooped down, and landed on a rooftop. He placed Amber gently on the floor and folded his wings away.

[b]"Rubedo," [/b]he said, walking towards the Guardian, [b]"Tell me what you've done!"[/b] He grabbed Rubedo by the shirt collar and hauled him to his feet, [b]"What have you done? I felt the massing of the Guardians, Rubedo! You're bringing them to destroy all of us!"

"I am only doing what needs to be done to restore the balance," [/b]the Guardian stated calmly.

[b]"Shut up about your god-damn balance! I know all of us have to die to make things right again, but you are doing this far too early! Allow Reoan to fight Adiol, then you can put right this universal error!"

"You underestimate us, Kraven," [/b]said the Guardian, grabbing Kraven's hands and pulling them from his shirt collar, [b]"If you belive I am going to let all this happen straight away, you are wrong, demon!"

[/b]With that, Rubedo grabbed Kraven by the neck, and slammed him against a wall. Plaster dust floated down.

[b]"Do not interfere with matters you know nothing of, Kraven!"[/b] shouted Rubedo, dropping the demon and walking away.

[b]"At least tell me what you have done! It's all I ask!" [/b]shouted the demon...

(OOC: Hope this is ok, Kairi, PM me if its not and I'll edit)
[/size]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][CENTER]Stopping in his pace away from Kraven...Rubedo glanced over at Amber and smiled when the memory of the young girls warmth had comforted him before...

He looked over his shoulder at the fallen one who began to rise and turned around to confront him. Taking a deep breathe and calming himself...he softly cleared his throat and approached Kraven.

[B]"Forgive me for my temper..."[/B] this shocked Kraven as Rubedo came closer.
[B]
"You follow Reoan with great passion and devotion...I commend you for that. Believe me I've made it perfectly clear to both Adiol and Reoan that they may have their war with one another...but I will not allow it to spill onto this world and involve others...it isn't right nor proper."[/B]

Amber walked closer to the two towering men so that she could listen more clearly...Rubedo looked at her again and so did Kraven.

[I]Does he know who she is...does he know that this is fate itself...[/I] Kraven thought to himself as he brought his attention back to Rubedo who was already gazing at him deeply.

[B]"So...this is Fate..."[/B] Rubedo said with a smirk...but didn't take his eyes off Kraven...[B]"we'll get to that later."[/B]

Kraven sighed deeply at his error but quickly discarded it...he wanted answers that were far more important at the moment.

[B]"What have you done Rubedo...what is it that you're planning?"[/B] he asked calmy in a socially acceptable manor to try and lighten the mood. Rubedo unexpertedly took a seat and crossed his legs as he responded.

[B]"I'm acting Kraven...I want this war to end...one way or thee other. We Guardians are tired...and so am I."[/B]

Kraven took a seat in front of him as well; Amber followed suit.

[B]"But does that have to include the deaths of so many angels and demons...as well as so many other Guardians."[/B]

[B]"They're given a choice whether to leave or not before we kill them...but it is quite apparent that you all will not leave like that."[/B]

[B]"What else would you expect Rubedo...you didn't possibly think that it would be that easy did you..."[/B] asked Kraven as he shuffled himself on the pavement of the roof.
[B]
"Of course not...but the fact still remains that you all need to leave. This world was given to us humans...and in the end we will be judged during the times of the Apocalypse. But not before then...you should know this Fate"[/B] proclaimed Rubedo as his made a quick glance at Amber.
[B]
"But why all the Guardians?"[/B]

"Because we all are ready to die for this cause...because when this is all said and done...we wish for God to release us from our powers...to make us human."
[B]
"If you do that you wont have any power...you'll be mortal...no more coming back to life...you'll never have all that you have now again."[/B]

[B]"I know"[/B] Rubedo said confidently...[B]"I've had...a change of heart..."[/B]

[B]"Raven"[/B]...confermed Kraven...[B]"it's Raven that you want."[/B]

[B]"Yes...I've always wanted her...but as a Guardian...and with this war going on...I can't be what I want to be for her. We all want to become human...to have a life of our own...and with no war...there would be no reason for us to be who we are on this plane. Fight anywhere else for all I care...but it can't be here...not anymore."[/B]

[B]"Is there any other way?"[/B] questioned Kraven...fearing the potential death and chaos that would result from this.
[B]
"None that has occured to me...neither God nor you Fate have given me such a purpose. And with the death of my master Albedo...all I feel is to fight for the humans. Everyday I fight to remain sane...but I can't wait anylonger...as I've said so many times before....I'm bored."[/B][/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]
[B]"He told you to leave."[/B]

She face was unfamiliar. Sartael could only stare her down as the other three came to her on all sides. Her anger frowing but it was kept subdued as she surveyed the scene.

[B] "I told your conrade I would not abandon my position. Too bad you weren't smart enough to leave me alone."[/B]

The one on her left attacked first and she sent her whip flying at him. It wrapped around his neck and she broke it quickly.

[B]"Leave."[/B] She released the whip from around the dead man's neck as he allies stood around Sartael her whip dissolving back into her hair ans her aura beginning to glow darker.

The humans around her began to also reach into their souls and bring out their own hidden power.

[I]Guardians.[/I]

The one to her front drew her sword and charged. She dodged the attack only to be attacked at the side. She flipped over the male on her left and landed crotching looking at the three left to reposition themselves.

She only smiled. It had been a few years since she had such a challenge but she knew she could not take this situation lightly.

Immediately senseing that Sartael was ready two attacked from either side. Their weapons going for her torso. She blocked them with both arms as they came in their power combined jolting her for a moment but she lost no momentum.

Trying to take advantage of the opening the lady came at Sartael face first the sword pointing at her torso. Sartael grabbed each mans arm quickly and threw on in front of the lady knocking them both off balance for a moment while she held the other man to throwing him in the other direction. Her flesh was cut slightly from the sword attacks but luckily the wounds healed quickly.

She stared at the man and lady who were once again coming at her. She moved her hand through her hair quickly withdrawing the whip and cathing one opponent on the leg. She yanked quickly. The man fell and she attacked the woman head-on punching her directly in the face. The ladies weapon cut her arm.

The other mans blade went through Sartael's hair her head moving quick enough only to leave a small cut on her right cheeck. Her hair and whip wrapped around the sword removing it from her opponent hands and she grabbed the mans arm throwing him to the ground and choked him with one hand. The other man quickly jumped up seeing Sartael suffocate his ally and he came at her. The man was only a few feet away when a sai was ejected from Sartael's arm hitting the guy between the arms his corpse falling to the ground and his blood spilling out of the wound.

The lady also began to attack but Sartael withdrew the sword from her hair and also threw it at her. Hitting the lady in the abdomen. She finally snapped the mans neck and got up going over to the lady who remained alive.

[B]" I hope this is what you wanted?"[/B]

The lady smiled then laughed at Sartael.

[B]"A fallen angel?! Showing compassion?!"[/B] She continued to laugh and she began to cough up blood. Her eyes sson glassing over as her last breathe escaped her.

Sartael laughed as well as she looked over the lady's body.

[I]Maybe I am...[/I][B]"Maybe I Am...."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[b][size=1]"Remember, Rubedo," [/size][/b][size=1]said Kraven calmly, [b]"We all have a purpose. Every single person, human, demon, angel, Guardian, Zodiac, every person involved in this war in one way or another, we all have a purpose. Fate here knows this all too well, as she will know how it will all end before any of the rest of us. We all have something to offer in this war, whether it is to save lives, or to take lives, or to sacrifice our own lives. I sometimes believe that it has all been engineered, right from the very beginning. I have come to believe that my creation was ultimately a part of the great plan. I was created to be killed by Reoan, and thus to end up joining her, and become part of the solution. You have a purpose too, and unless I am very much mistaken, that purpose is not likely to be to kill all of us. It may be to restore balance, but you should not take this burden entirely upon your own shoulders. Others will help you in this struggle, Rubedo. You are not alone."

"I understand this, Kraven," [/b]said the Guardian, a hint of sorrow creeping into his voice, [b]"But if my purpose is not to kill as many as I can before I am gone, then what is it? Why do I continue to be reborn, to live and to die over and over? What is my purpose?"

"None of us truly know our purpose, but there is one who knows the purpose of all of us." [/b]Kraven nodded towards Amber, who was sitting quietly on the gorund by Kraven's feet.

Rubedo nodded, and knelt down in front of the small girl.

[b]"Fate," [/b]he said, [b]"If you can hear me, my name is Rubedo. I must know what my purpose is upon this earth. Why am I reborn every time I perish? Why am I not allowed to die in peace?"

[/b]Amber looked up, her eyes clouded over. She spoke, but her voice seemed to come from all over the place, all at once.

[b]"Guardian Rubedo. What you ask of me is something I cannot provide. None are supposed to know their own purpose. If one knows their own purpose, then that purpose proceeds to be meaningless, and thus that life is pointless, and must be wiped out. You must find your own purpose, and only then will you truly know the reason for life," [/b]replied Fate, [b]"And Kraven," [/b]she said, turning to the demon, [b]"You must know this. Your purpose still remains vague. Even I cannot see the full extent of your existence. You will only know your purpose at the very end. But I know one thing of your future. The power you store within your body, that energy which you are too afraid to release in fear of what it could do, that is the energy you must use to end this. That is a part of your purpose. The rest is up to you to find out."

[/b]Amber slumped backwards, against Kraven's leg, and then her eyes opened, and Amber was back. She looked up at Kraven and smiled.

[b]"What is this power that Fate spoke of, Kraven?" [/b]asked Rubedo, [b]"You have a power within you that can end this war?"

"It will not end the war, Rubedo. It will only end that which I allow it to end. It is not a power of peace, as should be used to end the war, but instead it is a power of death and destruction, one not to be used lightly under any circumstances. But I suppose I may have to use it in the end. We shall not talk of this any more."

"What happened to you, Kraven?" [/b]asked Rubedo softly, [b]"What has caused you to fear yourself so much? Why have you changed so much?"

"That is not a story for now, Rubedo," [/b]he replied, turning away, and picking Amber up, [b]"You shall know the reason before the end, but now is not the time for it..."[/b]
[/size]

[color=Navy][size=1]Zane didn't know what Kariz was up to, but the tone of her voice was enough warning to tell him that something was happened. Ima stood beside Zane, looking bewildered and flushed. Kariz just stared at Ima. Ima was quite blind to the fact that Kariz was once her valued companion. Her memory was in a far worse state that Zane had previously thought.

" Kariz," Zane started.
Kariz just stared at Ima, who was now getting a little unnerved by it. [color=DarkRed]" What?"[/color]
Zane looked at her with hard eyes. " We need a place to stay. Raven's apartment is nearby. We should go there. By the way, where is she?"
[color=DarkRed]" She's gone somewhere on her bike."[/color]

A loud cracking sound of thunder rolled in the sky as dark clouds started to come in from the sea. Zane and Kariz looked at these clouds suspiciously.
[color=DarkRed]" Reckon it is Raven's doing?"[/color]
" Mm..." Zane mumbled. " She has got a new power. Best get Ima back so I can explain everything to you."
[color=DarkRed]" Before we got back, I have to tell you something."[/color]
" What?"
[color=DarkRed]" Rubedo's here. And he's planning something."[/color]

Zane's expression went as cold as ice.
" I hope he realises what pain he has put that girl through. I can't handle being in her presence for more than a couple of hours otherwise her pain starts to affect my body."
[color=DarkRed]" You've been through your share. We all have."[/color]
" I know. But I'm just scared that this pain will last until when Rubedo decides to cut the strings on her. Then her whole personality will disappear forever."
[color=DarkRed]" Lets go then... to Raven's apartment."[/color]

As they walked to the apartment building, rain started to pour down.[/color][/size]

[center]============================[/center]

[size=1][color=DarkGreen]Screaming along stationary cars, trucks and other motorcycles gave Raven that rush of adrenaline she needed to stay alive - that shot that kept her from going truly crazy. She felt Zodiac energies around the city. Zane and Ima must have caught up with Kariz otherwise their energies wouldn't be mixing like they are.

Also, larger powers are in the city, not bothering to mask their might. Raven growled to herself. She used to be one of them. One that used to live for the fight. Now she just lived for a lost cause..... yes..... lost cause.

Rain all of the sudden started to pour down. The tires of the motorcycle began to lose the grip to the road. A red traffic light blared at her. She put on the brakes but the motorcycle slid out from underneath her, crashing into the intersection. A loud blaring noise signalled Raven was too slipping into the busy intersection.

A sudden dull thump and a large jerk made Raven realise she had just been hit by a car. It stopped immediately after. Raven slid onto the road, looking up at the sky that rained. She smiled a little, blood dribbling from her mouth.

" It's..... crying...." was all she muttered before an ominious gurgling sound signalled her lungs had now filled with blood and they needed to get there soon. If they didn't, she would surely die.

Raven's last thought as she heard the ambulance scream towards her was the face of Rubedo - that elusive character that she was trying to find, and get back into her life.[/color][/size]

OOC: Kairi, I suggest you help out here.

She walked the streets alone now. She probably looked crazed but she needed to find him. Whoever it was. Her first thought was Beezlebub and she went with it but for some time now he wouldn't answer her call.

[I]WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BEELZEBUB?![/I] She screamed out of her mind and hopefully into his. Hoping that it caused him even the most minimal discomfort. Luckily that earlier run in with those humans, hadn't hurt her too bad. The wounds had healed and her weapons lay where they were intended to be hidden on her being.

She looked at her clothes though and knew she needed to change. Maybe a change in appearance would give her some help from another run on with them. Luckily she maintained her own place in a secluded place. She was happy she was in the area so she could stop there.

She arrived at the door to her home and phased through the door. It was quiet and dark. The house had no furniture. But it was well maintained, thanks to a housekeeper who visited once a week. She moved quickly through the house. Started a fire and burned the clothes she was wearing. They were of no use to her now that they were damaged.

The house had a chill in it but her skin was boiling hot. She stared into the fire. Its flame mimicking the heat inside her. She stood looking at it. The flame hypnotising her as it licked the walls of the fireplace. She barely sensed him as he came into the house Her body giving off no responses to his presence.

[B]"Now you should know that when you invite company over you should be dressed Sartael."[/B] He spoke mockingly at her as he stared at her nude body her wings suddenly appearing and covering her backside. She looked pale, and innocent as she continued to stare at the fire. He had almost let his guard down when she flicked a sai from her wrist and directly at his head he caught it in time.

She growled at him as her hair hid her breasts. Her eyes flamed brightly.

[B]"You betrayed me!" [/B]She started.

[B]"I did no such thing." [/B]She growled and lunged at him her hands gripping around his neck. She dropped him to the ground and prowled over him.

[B]"THEN EXPLAIN THIS!"[/B]

She withdrew the note and showed him. He only smiled and forced his body weight on pushed her off him. She fell on the ground and stared over at him. His face smiling as he brushed himself off[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

OOC: Tag beezlebub!

[size=1][color=darkred]Beezlebub stared over at the fallen angel, a sinister smile on his face. The smile soon grew to his deep menacing laugh, though this only angered the angel worse. Standing up he unfastened his cloak and quickly flung it around Sartael's nude body. She began to protest but he cut her off.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"I am impressed, you came at me with every intention of taking my life" He whispered in her ear standing behind her, "though your accusasions are rather misplaced" With that he pulled out a piece of parchement and held it out in front of Sartael.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"Though it seems your encounter was more fruitful than mine" He added smelling the faint aroma of blood.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=indigo]"How do I know that you aren't playing me for a fool?" She asked coldly taking the letter from him.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"You don't but it is the fool who asks to be played, though tell me this, your attackers where human correct?" He said running his hand through a lock of her hair, as he slowly stepped back.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=indigo]"Yes" She replied softly.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"That is something I wouldn't do, you see my dearest Sartael if I really wanted you dead, I'd do it myself" Beezlebub answered amusingly turning his back to the angel.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"You can dress yourself, I won't look, even the Dukes of Hell have some respect" He said still turned away from the fallen angel.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]OOC: Sorry for the shortness, lol TAG Sartael, your It![/color][/size]

[B]"Cut the crap, Beezlebub."[/B] She said walking towards her closet. [B]"There isn't a chivalrous bone in your body."[/B] She took the cloak off and threw it back to him, leaving him alone by the fireplace for a moment as she went into the room.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Your words sting me Sartael."[/B][/COLOR] He started turning back to the fireplace and listening to Sartael move about her room. He rouched his neck for a moment. Her hand prints leaving a slight sensation around his throat still. [COLOR=DarkRed][I]Damn her...[/I][/COLOR] He growled a little bit. He had forgotten how cunning she could be. Thoughts going through his head of fighting her one day. Maybe killing her if this war didn't.

[B]"Not if I kill you first."[/B] He looked up to see her standing in the doorway of her room. Her eyes still raging, but her demenour more relaxed. [B]"Besides you may die before I do."[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"It's not nice to read others thoughts without their permission."[/B] [/COLOR]

[B]"It's a curse and a gift. You know that. Besides you do the same yourself from time to time."[/B]

He nodded in agreement, and continued to look over at her. Her eyes again hypnotised by the flame. They stood in silence for a moment before she broke the silence.

[B]"You know I was ablout to risk my life for this war...Before I was attacked i should say."[/B] She continued to look at the fire.[B]"I saw two Zodiac members, bothe in Greece, I think they all are there. I was going to sacrifice myself and plea that they kill Reaon. Only thing is Is I have the blood of their own on my hands, not that I regret it. He was a great fighter."[/B] She thought back to that moment before she stared at him. His eyes directly on hers.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"The point?"[/B][/COLOR]

She laughed and leaned back against the wall. [B]"The point is. If I live to see the end of this. And you indeed do too. I'd love nothing more than to engage you in battle. Till then I guess we're stuck with three clues."[/B] She moved closer to him. [B]" Do you believe this is a plot by Adiol?"[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Why don't you find out?"[/B][/COLOR] He countered quickly.

She shook her head. [B]"It'd be more polite if both of us did."[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Arial Narrow][CENTER]What is this burning
This yearning
Could it be
Oh yes, could it be
You dying in my arms tonight

Right when you thought
Nothing else could go wrong
I turned my back
On everything you fought for

Now ain't it a pity
When every one seems to be decieving
And you have no where else to turn
My hands no longer there

Remember that night
When I begged for salvation
My dreams all coming undone
And I found you with some one

How the tides have turn
And no ne will see
Just how much pain your in
No one to hold you, but me

Now look up to the sky
And pray to your God
He won't save you tonight
As you bleed

I have just one thing to say
Before your on your way
Tell me, Love
How does karma feel?[/CENTER]

"Where's Kraven and Amber?" Reoan said as Asariel placed her and David on the ground before he, too, landed.

Reoan watched as Asariel tucked his wings in and hid them from sight. She couldn't help but allow her eyes to wonder over his structure. Even from the short feet that seperated them, Reoan could feel the Fallen's warmth swirl around her. His lucious scent rushing into her nose and choking all other smells out.

Reoan pulled her head away from him and brought her gaze to the sky. "I can faintly feel Kraven and..." she allowed a low growl to escape before she declared the name, "Rubedo. But I am unsure of to where they might be."

"The Zodiac aren't far as well," Asariel spoke up.

Reoan brought her attention back to her companions in time to see David nod and shift uncomfortably under his bag. The massive man had grown rather quiet in the last couple of years and was never far from Amber. If his mother only knew the real reason why he was sent to be with her.

As if from no where, rain began to pour down on them in the small alley way. Reoan shivered from the strange cold as she started towards the busy streets, David and Asariel following behind her. Reoan reached the end of the alley way and instantly found a wall, nearly falling backwards if Asariel had not caught her. She was about to shout something when she realized who stood before her and what she had actually run into.

"Fancy running into three of the four remaining Zodiac." Reoan smirked as she regained her balance, brushing a few soaked locks of hair from her brow.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]They walked in silence to Raven?s place. [I]Ima was alive. She couldn?t believe it. But there was a large chunk of Ima missing, a huge piece of her identity that Kariz could feel like hole in her soul. [/I] The rain dripped off the short pieces of black hair that fell in Kariz?s eyes, she didn?t care. She reached up and pulled one of the guns from it?s holster and handed it to Ima.

[B]?Here?

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]?What?s this??[/COLOR]

?It was yours before?well anyway, that doesn?t matter. It belongs to you.?[/B]

Ima looked at her questioningly and took the gun into her hands and turned it over, examining it.

The rain was pretty heavy, Raven must be pissed. They turned down an alley and dodged the deepening pools. Kariz felt someone bump into her.

[B]?Easy Ima you almost??[/B] Ima was on the other side of the alley with Zane. Kariz looked over to see a women being held up by a man. The women stood and shook the water from her hair, walking up to Kariz.

[COLOR=Indigo][B]"Fancy running into three of the four remaining Zodiac." [/COLOR]

?Reoan, nice to see you again.?[/B]

Zane straightened up and took a fighter?s stance. Ima looked slightly confused but took Zane?s lead and raised the gun.

The man with Reoan took a defensive stance toward Zane. Kariz calmly stepped between them and looked at Reoan.

[B]?So, you got something to say to us this time? Or are you going to run again, desapareça??

[COLOR=Indigo]?Aren?t you going to try to kill me??[/COLOR][/B]

Kariz shrugged [B]?Why would I do that??

[COLOR=Indigo]?I thought the entire Zodiac wanted me dead?[/COLOR]

?não, you must have been misinformed.?[/B]

Reoan smirked [B][COLOR=Indigo]?So you wish to join me??[/COLOR][/B]

[B]?I never said that.?[/B]

Reoan paused and looked at Kariz, taking her in. Kariz met her gaze and didn?t blink.
[B]
[COLOR=Indigo]?So what do you want??[/COLOR][/B]

[B]?I want to know what started this. I want to know why there?s a war so I can figure out what action will truly bring a balance. I?ve seen enough death in the past three years to last a lifetime, now I?d like to see a solution. Your turn...? [/B] [/COLOR]

-----------------
(OOC: I'm going away for about a week. I'll be back the monday after thanksgiving. PLaese don't kill my character b4 I get back :catgirl: )

[SIZE=1][CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Already deep inside Rubedo was sicken by Kraven all over again[I]...everyone always has something to hide...[/I]

[B]"You shall know the reason before the end, but now is not the time for it..."[/B] concluded Kraven as Rubedo sensed his rage building inside him again...

[I]Deception...pridefulness...pathetic...[/I]

Then in an instant...everything melted away. Logic nor reason dwelled within him for that brief moment in time...his mind trapped in a state of panic and exileration[I]...raven...[/I]

Without a second thought, Rubedo rose from his sitting position and jumped off the roof, and just as quickly...he vanished.

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

[B]"Someone get a stretcher out here now!"[/B] yelled out one of the nurses within the ambulence. Raven was bleeding internally, and several of her bones on her right side from the impact of the car were broken.

The nurse kneeling down beside her took her pulse and turned away from only a moment only to find Raven's body gone from his grasp. He frantically stood up and looked around for the body in a panic and bewilderment...yelling at the other staff members within the ambulance.

Already a great distance from the crash sight...Rubedo held Raven in his arms continued to run towards the hospital. Teleportation would bring great risk to her in her current condition...so he had to settle for the old fashion way...to run.

She was much different then what he remember...she was still more breathtaking than ever. She was lifeless however as he held her close and continued to make his way towards the hospital...using all of his power to revive her...to heal her wounds. ...

Finally Rubedo arrived at the ER entrance and pleaded with the staff at the front desk to help her. He had healed the internal wounds of her ribs which pierced into her lungs...but the blood still needed to be pumped out.

The nurses placed her on a bed and quickly hooked Raven up to all the proper equipment. Rubedo was still shirtless at this time...so one of the nurses brought over to him a white shirt.
[B]
"How are you related to the patient?"[/B] questioned the nurse as they began to transport Raven to the surgery room.

[B]"I'm a close friend of hers..."[/B] he replied...[B]"she may have blood flooding in her chest...and..."[/B] Rubedo continued to ramble on...trying to help in anyway that he can...but the nurse cut her off.

[B]"Don't worry my boy...''[/B] the nurse was quite old...and placed a calm and comforting hand on his shoulder...[B]"we'll take good care of her."[/B]

Rubedo smiled...knowing that his powers were still working within her...however the doctors would probably be very suspicious and curious at her rapid healing...but he didn't care. He believed this nurse...

Watching Raven unconciously being rolled away into surgery...Rubedo took a seat in the waiting room and picked up a magazine...trying to blend in and look "normal"
[COLOR=Black]
[I]Rubedo...we've found the two...and they're together...shall we act?[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue][I]
Do what you wish...we both know that you may certainly die...so it is up too you...have them fight each other if you can as well...I sense a bitterness between them[/I]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black][I]We fight...[/I][/COLOR] the voice said in a strong voice.
[COLOR=Blue]
[I]As you wish...good luck...and may God be with you...in whatever is to happen...[/I]
[/COLOR]

[CENTER]***[/CENTER]

[B]"now where the hell did he run off to again?"[/B] questioned Kraven as Amber remained still...sighing to herself in a calm and peaceful smile at Rubedo's departure.

[B]"do you know where he went off too Fate?"[/B] asked Kraven...who expected a different response from Rubedo then to have run off like that...what could have been more important?
[B]
"he's chosen..."[/B] Amber simply replied...

[B]''chosen what?!"[/B] continued Kraven...somewhat aggitated that somehow the attention was shifted away from him once again.

[B]"to be human..."[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][RIGHT]
[SIZE=1]
OOC: Have fun Hinata and shadowofdeath:)[/RIGHT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]Asariel allowed Reoan to walk forward to...greet...the three Zodiac reluctantly. His steps mirrored those of David as the two took positions at either of Reoan's shoulders, close enough to intervene should things take a turn for the worst. Tapping into his energy, the fallen gave David the equivalent of a mental poke.

[b][i]Do we...?[/i][/b]

The Grigori shook his head slightly. [i]Wait. Reoan wants to see what they desire.[/i]

[b][i]I thought they wanted her dead.[/i][/b]

[i]So did I.[/i]

As the two other Zodiac -- Zane and Ima -- raised their guns, Asariel drew his glaive and spun it quickly, pointing the tip at the offenders. David stiffened suddenly, ready to spring into action. But Asariel had already brought his weapon to bear, and was covering the situation as best he could. Kariz walked forward to address Reoan; Asariel did not let his gaze stray from Zane and Ima as he delivered an ultimatum in a low voice.

[b]"You're free to start shooting, but I assure you it will be your blood that stains the pavement when I am done with you. Let Reoan speak, if she chooses to do so, before we start attempting to destroy each other. Though I consider it blasphemy that you should dare ask anything from her."[/b] Asariel resheathed [i]Ashen Hand[/i] across his back, but did not allow himself the chance to relax. He withdrew a few paces, placing him behind Reoan's shoulder. The fallen's eyes were chips of crimson granite as he gazed at the Zodiac impassively, ready to place himself between Reoan and any harm that should befell her...[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Reoan smirked at the confertation. The Aries Zodiac had become quite a woman since this whole game began, and she much admired her. The bond so apparent between her and the woman standing on the other side of her. And the cool, collected demanor of the male was thrilling, making Reoan yearn to make him tremble.

"There will be plenty of time for me to tell you everything you inquire, but not now. I am here for a Duke and an Angel, and you three might want to find your fourth, I sense something unfortunet has happened to her." Reoan's voice said soft and calm as she turned around.

"Hold it," the dark haired zodiac said firmly.

Reoan smiled as she took in Asariel's crimson eyes. For a moment she lost her self in them before she turned back to the others. "When you rejoin with the other zodiac, seek me out. I won't be far, and I'm sure Rubedo will be able to track us down. Only then will I sit with just you four and tell you all you wish to know."

Reoan did not wait for a response as she and her companions started down the street, back the way the zodiac had come from.

"Are you sure this is wise, Reoan?" David spoke up hesitately.

Reoan lowered her head, watching the water, that flowed like a river down the sidewalk, splash around her shoes. Asariel was silent behind and she desperately wished she knew what was on his mind. Had he remembered anything that happened while he laid unconcious on the cliff and did he know the temptation that she fought every moment she was near him. Then suddenly she was brought back with the flickering thought of Rubedo and she growled lowly, a passing stranger stepping away from her in fright.

"They have a right to know why they were awaken. Why God has called upon them to keep the balance, whether that means my death or not is up to them. But they should have all the facts before they go about killing people." Reoan brought her head up to allow the rain to stream down her face. "Kraven's close."

They rounded another corner and found both Kraven and Amber standing under a covered porch. Reoan raced up the cement steps to take her place beside them both. Asariel and David joined them soon afterwards.

"Was your journey a safe one, Amber?"

Amber nodded her head as she shuttered, "We ran into Rubedo on the roof top."

"He questioned his purpose before running off," Kraven mumbled as he watched humans race about the street, completely unaware of the five companions standing there.

"To join the other zodiac," Reoan chuckled lightly. "He wishes for a human life, but he will discover how near impossible that is, even now. What a fool."

"Reoan?" Amber looked up at the ex-Guardian, seeing right into her soul and feeling every ounce of hatred that was boiling wthin her towards this supposed Guardian.

"I will be seeing the zodiac soon," Reoan said calmly as she stepped towards the edge of the covered porch. "When I do, Kraven, find Beezlebub. His time on this plane is running thin. Asariel," Reoan paused, fighting the erge to look up at him, "seek out Sartael, both of them are here in Greece...somewhere."

"What about David and I?" Amber broke in.

"You two will stay with me. They'll want another side of the story than just mine. But for now, lets find some dry clothes and something to eat."[/COLOR]

[CENTER]OOC: Astdis, Reiku and Ozy, PM with ideas on how you want to work out the whole "interviewing Reoan" thing. [/CENTER][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Adiol pulled tight the straps of his armor, bringing the steel plate to his chest and setting it firmly. The metal almost molded to his figure, sculpted to perfection, just for him. A cross was placed in the upper right section of the armor, just above his heart. He slid his fingers through the fastened holes of a gauntlet on each hand, and his feet into rough plate boots. Armor leggings and pauldrons followed and soon enough he was completely protected and ready for battle.

A sword materialized in each hand, their golden blades gleaming in the sun showing through the castle window. [I]You two have served me well, and now our time is coming to an end. I ask of you both to aid me in these last battles, and guide my forsaken soul to wherever it shall reside for the rest of eternity.[/I]

[CENTER] - - - [/CENTER]

"It's Adiol! The damned angel!" shouted one of the guardians among a large group moving through the plains towards an unknown destination. Rubedo had no doubt sent them to a position in an attempt to help implement his plan against both Adiol and Reoan.

[B]"You all shall be judged,"[/B] shouted Adiol from across the field, both swords drawn and at his sides.

[B]"Get him!"[/B] shouted the guardian again.

Instantly the sound of drawing swords filled the air, shields readying and guardian hearts trembling with fear. They knew not the power of their opponent. Guardians, powerful as they may be, are still merely humans, and could never compare to the likes of an angel.

His wings burst into full span, stretching as he took a battle stance. The group of enemies ran towards him rapidly, shouting battlecries and hymns to bless them in war. Adiol reared back and threw his sword, watching as it lodged in the chest of the groups front runner. He instantly took to the air, grabbed his sword from the body and began fighting the others.

Swords clashed as the guardians surrounded him, slicing insistently from all angles. Adiol spun wildly, not even acknowledging the oncoming attacks, he could feel his swords rip through human flesh as he jumped from the center of the fray and landed outside it. Several bodies fell to the ground while the others ran towards him again. [I]Enough of this[/I] he thought to himself.

And with that his swords disintegrated, as he slammed his right palm to the ground. White lightning glided across the dry surface in every direction, striking the guardians and instantly killing them. As the attack struck, each one was judged; bolts rippling through their bodies, flowing in their veins. After the bodies were drained of their blood, the jolts would exit and continue to the next.

As he absorbed the final bolt of energy back into his arm, he gazed out among the battlefield. The plain was covered with bodies, until their souls purified, and their material remains disappeared. Even for heretics such as they, Adiol had offered vindication. Their actions were blasphemy, but their ideas and intent were true and noble.

[I]On to the next...[/I]

[B]OOC: I took out a good amount of guardians here, but I didn't want to make an amazing fight since there'll be better ones in the future. Seibzeihn, you should tie up any loose ends you may have, since after I sort out a few more things I'll be killing you.[/B][/SIZE]

[quote][size=1][b]OOC: I took out a good amount of guardians here, but I didn't want to make an amazing fight since there'll be better ones in the future. Seibzeihn, you should tie up any loose ends you may have, since after I sort out a few more things I'll be killing you.[/b][/size][/quote]

[color=darkred][size=1][b]OOC: Mhmm...I have no idea why you just decided to state that for the world to see, as I was told A) That Asariel's death would occur at the end of, or very close to, the story, and B) I've got quite a few scenes left, so I've been told by the administrator of this story. If everyone knows how this all is going to end, then I'm a bit out-of-the-loop, but it's my reasonable belief that some parts of this story all still supposed to be unexpected. Apart from the issues I stated above.

I'll continue when I'm good and ready.[/b][/color][/size]

[size=1]Kraven knelt, feeling the soft grass beneath his hands. He drew one of his swords and placed it on the ground. He closed his eyes and felt the energy coursing through the ground. His sword was a conduit for his power, this deadly and destructive power that lurked deep within him, far beneath the flesh, and he dreaded releasing that power.

[/size] [center][size=1][i]Suddenly he was on the rooftop again. Hell-Fire coursed through his veins, and brimmed from his hands, blasting apart hundreds of demons that lined the rooftops around. He felt the power of Hell blasting from him as his eyes, nose and mouth began to bleed. Power emanated from every inch of his body, and he tore apart the legions of Hell with the substance of their own creation.

He felt himself die once again, but this time it had changed him. The Hell-Fire ripped every molecule in his body apart, shattering his physical form to pieces, his soul escaping. It was that day, on that rooftop, he had been changed. That power still lurked within him, it scarred his very soul...

[/i][/size] [left][size=1]He opened his eyes, and he was in the field. His sword lay on the ground, and he stared at it for a moment, almost afraid to touch it. He knew what he could release if he touched that weapon, and yet something in him longed for him to release that power. He could destroy so much. But that was not his purpose.

He finally grabbed the hilt of the sword, and sheathed it on his back. He stood up, and marvelled at the miracle of nature that had blossomed around him. In the middle of a packed city in Greece such as this, there was a huge park that was open, spacious, beautiful. Flowers poked up through the ground at various intervals. Trees were ripe with blossom, the white petals of spring falling to the ground, covering it with a blanket of fragrant petals.

Kraven stood for a moment, and breathed in deeply, tasting the fresh air, taking in the smells of spring. It was something you could never find in Hell. All that existed in Hell was hellfire, brimstone, lakes of fire. There had never been anything as beautiful as this in his birthplace.

A hand clamped down on his shoulder. He turned, placing his hand on his sword. He was expecting Beelzebub, but who stood there was someone he had never expected. It was a female, a demon, surely, but a beautiful female demon, her long black hair thick and lustruous. Her skin was pale, her eyes black as the Pits of Hell.

[i][b]Hello Kraven, [/b][/i]she said, in a voice that came from her mouth, but also a thousand different places all at the same time, [i][b]Do you remember me?

[/b][/i][b]"I remember you. Your face hasn't changed since the day I first saw you."

[i]Then who am I?

[/i]"You're...you're my mother. Or the closest thing I had to one. You were the demon who sacrificed a portion of her own soul to give me life. It is thanks to you that I have life."

[i]Good. You know who I am. Now you must tell me what your purpose on this world is.

[/i]"My purpose. My purpose. The reason for my life is to help Reoan. It is to destroy the Dukes of Hell. It is to help Reoan complete her task. And then my purpose will be to allow myself to die to allow the balance to be restored."

[i]Foolish Kraven, [/i][/b]she said, placing a hand on Kraven's cheek, [i][b]You truly believe that your purpose is to restore balance? You were created a demon, you will die a demon, and all demons have one purpose. To destroy the Kingdom of Heaven. That is your purpose, Kraven, you have no other purpose than that.

[/b][/i][b]"You are lying!" [/b]he shouted, drawing his sword and swinging it at the same time. He had sliced across the woman's chest, but instead of falling and bleeding, she disappeared.

She was just a vision. She wasn't real. But could she have been telling the truth?

(OOC: I'm ready for the confrontation as soon as you are, shadowofdeath)
[/size][/left]
[/center]

OOC: Wow, sorry I haven't posten in a while, Thanksgiving gets a little crazy for me because my job.

[size=1][color=darkred][color=indigo]"It'd be polite if both of us did"[/color] Sartael said shaking her head.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Beezlebub sat in silence for a moment as he recieved a strong surge from Kraven "Very well, Though I do have other matters I'd rather attend to, but it wouldn' t be chivalrous of me, now would it" He finished with a laugh though his thoughts where still on the demon.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][color=indigo]"What goes on in that demented head of yours?"[/color] She asked, as she began to walk to the door.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"I could ask you the same question" Beezlebub smirked as he opened the door for the angel.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]As he waited for her to walk through the door his demeanor shifted as he sensed multiple auras. Quickly he stepped in front of Sartael, and stepped out the door. A spear flew through the air headed strait for Beezlebub's head. Slowly he tilted his head as the spear shot past. A small cut began to bleed on his cheek, but as quickly as it came it healed. The angel and demon looked up to see about eight cloaked figures.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"Leave now! This is your last warning, the next spear will not miss it's mark so easily" One of the guardians said revealing another spear.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"If you wish me to hell, then you must cast me their yourself but know I am not so easy to discard, I would haunt your dreams and thoughts for until you fell into my hellish grasp, everytime you turn you would see my face, everytime you blink or even close your eyes, such is the curse I leave, I am not Fate, nor a god, I am unlike anything you have ever seen, or will live to see. Your deaths shall not be in vain, or dishonorable, that I promise you" Beezlebub finished withdrawing his ax from within his coat.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"Those words do not scare me, for I am already cursed, but one thing is sure you must die" The guardian replied throwing the spear at the demon.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]"Fools, may your death be swift" Beezlebub yelled as he grabbed the spear out of mid air and launched it at its owner.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]The guardian barely managed to move out of the way of the spear as it impaled another behind him, sending him through the air. At that the remaining seven began to charge weapons drawn. Sartael began to charge as Beezlebub threw his ax, sheathing itself deep within a female guardian. Swiftly he drew his sword and began to charge towards the remaining enemies.[/color][/size]

OOC: I think I'll stop their for now, I hope everything is ok Hinata, I was going to fight more, but I thought I'd let you have some fun. Wraith, Let me confront Adiol first then I will come find you, or you could always seek me out

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=SlateGray]"What is the matter, my angel? You seem distant, cold-hearted this evening."

The sweet smell of roasting pork swirled around the young woman's head and overwhelmed her senses. But the succulent food could not touch the starvation that took over Reoan's body. A hunger for flesh in a way that no amount of food could satsify.

"I'm sorry, I do not mean to worry you." The girl replied softly, a strange tone for her voice to be.

The camp fire light flickered brightly behind them both, the orange and yellow flames reflecting in the pitch black stream. The young woman shifted her weight to her left side as she watched the reflected flames dance upon the water's surface.

"You shouldn't worry yourself with me," the other person, a man not much older than the woman, returned. He took a few steps forward and placed his hands on both the woman's shoulders. The sudden rush of energy that transferred between the simple embrace nearly sent the man from her, but he held firm. Only then could he truly understand why she had suddenly become so distant.

For the last three months, a bond was growing them so intensly that even the Heavens had grown fearful that they may turn on them. They had become so intuned with each that they no longer had to speak to each other, knowing every move the other was going to make in battle or every feeling they might possibly be feeling. It was a bond that not even love could describe.

But now all that had become insecure, worry clouded the woman's thoughts and her attentions followed it. The battle earlier that day had almost cost them two lives and mortal wounds when the two of them had collided. But now he understood it completely.

Without a word, the man slowly twirled the woman around, the burning fire that rose through his fingers and hands, engulfing his whole being as he rose one hand up along her neck. Her skin was on fire as he placed his thumb just before her ear on the left, the rest of his fingers entangling themselves in her hair. A sudden surge of fear rushed over them both, but he wasn't going to allow it to stop him, not when he was this close and this sure. With a swift, yet graceful movement, the man leaned forward and place his lips upon the woman.

At first, she was left breathless, and stunned. A yearning to run away from this feeling of loss of control was almost unbearable when the sudden surge of burning rushed through her again. The overwhelming desire for flesh burning its way through her veins and sending her over the edge with the return of his own burning.

She could not stop herself as she wrapted her arms around his med-section and digging her finger-tips into the massive back muscles. He, too, pulled her body tight against his with his free arm around her waist. The moment was unforgettable.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]********************[/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]"Reoan....Reoan," the mentioning of her name finally brought her back from her remembrance as she brought her eyes to focus on Amber's soft, young face.

"Are you ok?" she asked from across the table.

"Hmm? Yes, fine." Reoan said distantly. It had been almost a thousand years since she felt the passion and satsification flesh could bring, and even more so the feeling of being complete as she had once felt. She had nearly forgotten.

"Do you need some fresh air, Miss Reoan?" Asariel asked.

Kraven had left just a short time ago, off to find Beelzebub more than likely. She wondered if she would ever see him again after this life, and what if she did? Would she even remember him? What was to become of them all? Would God make them all suffer for being apart of her vengence?

Reoan shook her head and smiled soflty. None of that matter right now, she needed some fresh air, and sometime with Asariel before he was off to find Sartael.

"Yes," Reoan said allowed, the three of them all shoving their chairs back and standing up in the small cafe. "But I wish to be alone with Asariel. I have something I must discuss with him."

Amber and David looked at each other, slowly taking their seats once more. Asariel gave Reoan a puzzled look as he followed her out of the crowded cafe. They walked quietly out into the street and off to the side so not to be in every ones way.

"What's wrong, Miss Reoan?" Asariel asked once they were away from the massive crowds.

Reoan said nothing as she stared up at him. His almost frail complection was highlighted by his dark hair and crimson eyes. A warmth filtered through them as he stared back at her, causing Reoan to take a deep breath.

She took a few shuffled steps forward and reached up to place a cold, clammy hand upon Asariel's warm cheek. A faintly familiar feeling fluttered through her chest as he placed his far warmer hand upon her's. She smiled softly.

"Please forgive me," Reoan whispered as she pulled Asariel towards her and placed her lips upon his, a warmth and desire taking hold of her very human body.

She held the embrace just for a moment before sharply turning way and nearly running down the street to free herself of the cloud of emotions that threaten to make her lose her mind.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=Navy][size=1]Zane looked Asariel and Jacob before turning and taking Kariz and Ima by the arms towards the hospital. The words of Reoan's warning rang in his ears hard and hurting. What the hell had happened?

Kariz had not completely surprised him with the questions she asked Reoan, but Reoan's reaction was much more shocking. He had highly doubted that Reoan would have ever let them ask her the questions they wanted to find out. It seemed to him... a little strange. He certainly didn't expect it.

As they got down the street more, Kariz wrenched her arm from his grip. She looked at him with almost daggers in her eyes.
" Why did you do that?" she snarled.
" Didn't you hear her Kariz? She said something happened to Raven."
" SO? I wanted to question her!"
" So you don't think it's fair if Raven dies while you question her, while we could be perfectly capable of helping her?"

At that comment Kariz fell silent. Zane looked at her, concerned, before leading on to the nearest hospital. They received information that Raven wasn't in this hospital but in another hospital a few miles away. They made their way there.

By the time they arrived there, the clouds had parted and the sun was setting blazing red. They entered the hospital to see Rubedo sitting in the waiting room, covered in blood, reading a newspaper, acting like he was normal.

If Zane were a dog right then, his hackles would have been raised and he would have mauled Rubedo to death. He stalked up to Rubedo, talking the Guardian by the scruff, hoisting him in the air.
" You...."

Rubedo looked back at him with emotionless eyes. " Zane.... Zodiac Pisces."
" Where's Raven?" Zane snarled.
" She's in surgery," Rubedo said clamly.
" What the hell happened?! Zane demanded to know.

" Zane!" Kariz shouted and pulled Zane away from Rubedo. She looked at Rubedo and was struck dumb. " Rubedo...."
Rubedo looked from Kariz to Ima, who stood next to Kariz, looking at Rubedo if she knew him but couldn't quite remember who he was. He looked back to Zane. He could see a great fury in his eyes. Zane must of stayed with Raven over these two years. He must of seen her change - and it was because of him.

" She's changed...." Rubedo said.
" It's because of you she's like this..." Zane snarled.
Rubedo looked Zane squarely in the eyes. " I do not doubt that it is because of me she has changed. But I left her for a reason, and there is a reason why I haven't contacted her these past years."
" Reason..." Zane started to laugh. " Whatever that reason may be, you should keep away from her. You've caused her enough pain."
" I came back to her because she needed me.... and you were occupied by Reoan."

Zane had had enough. He threw a punch which conneted with Rubedo's cheek. The Guardian's head flicked to the side and stayed there. Zane recoiled his hand back.
" If that hurt, just think of it one hundred fold, and that had been the pain Raven has endured these past two years."[/color][/size]

[center]==================================[/center]

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]A white ceiling. Yes... a white ceiling. Raven recognised the white ceiling to be one of a hospital's. She very slowly turned her head to the side to see a bunch of flowers - white oriental lillies. They were her favourites. But who....

She slowly turned her head the other way to see someone's back in the door. Someone she hadn't seen for a very long time. Although it had been two years since she had seen him, she knew who it was. He seemed to have freezed in the doorway when he sensed she was awake. He turned to look at her.

That red hair.... thos emotionless eyes.... why was she so attracted to him? What made her love this person who couldn't love her back?

One thought went through her mind as she saw his back in the doorway, a little more clearly now.

" Leaving me again, are we?"[/color][/size]

[center][i][size=1]Another one...[/size][/i]

[i][size=1]Or maybe more...[/size][/i]
[/center]
[i][size=1]
[/size][/i][size=1]There was definitely more than one. There were more than two, even. There were around a dozen Guardians, all standing around the demon, their grey cloaks wrapped around them like death-shrouds.

[b]"What is your quarrel here?" [/b]the demon asked, his voice resonating around the park, [b]"I have done nothing."

"You have merely existed," [/b]replied one of the grey-cloaked figures, although it was almost impossible to tell which one, [b]"Your existence has thrown this world into chaos, and you must be wiped from this planet."

"You are welcome to destroy me, Guardians, if you can," [/b]he replied, drawing his swords. The Guardians drew various bladed weapons, ready to fight the demon.

[b]No... [/b]came a voice that seemed to come from everywhere at once, [b]It is not his time yet.

[/b]The Guardians sheathed their weapons.

[b]"You have been spared," [/b]said one of them, [b]"For now."

[/b]They all seemed to vanish into clouds of smoke, disappearing before Kraven's very eyes. The demon sheathed his swords, and turned. He sniffed the air. The stench of demonic energy filled this place. Beelzebub was near, he knew it, and there was another with him, not demon, not Guardian. An angel. But who?

Could it be...?

The angel they were searching for, in the same place as the demon they were searching for?

Could the angel be Sartael?

Kraven reached into his pocket and pulled out something that he had not used often in this lifetime. A small black cell phone. He flipped it open and hit one of the speeddial buttons. It rang, and then an answer came.

[b]"Kraven?" [/b]it said, [b]"What's going on?"

"Something that might interest you," [/b]he replied, [b]"I think our angel and our demon are both in the same place. And there are quite a lot of Guardians around as well, but less every minute. I think there's a fight going on."

"Beelzebub and Sartael in the same place? Would they risk it?" [/b]Reoan replied.

[b]"Perhaps they do not know we are looking for them. That is the only solution I can imagine."

"Then perhaps you and Asariel will se each other again before the end." [/b]She hung up. Kraven flipped the phone shut and replaced it in his pocket.

[b]"It's time, Beelzebub," [/b]he said to no-one in particular, before walking as quickly as he could towards the source of the energy signature...
[/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][CENTER][I]No...I will not leave you again...[/I] Rubedo's voice echoing in hers with a sense of satisfaction and peace spreading throughout her entire being...never had she expected that kind of response...and the way that it was said...

Rubedo cracked his neck, not turning his attention back to Zane after the initial blow from his fist...trying to control himself.

[B]"Answer me Guardian!?"[/B] yelled out Zane. Kariz had lost control him who seemed to throw another punch. Turning his head slightly in Zane's direction...exposing the flames behind his eyes...he drew back his hand...gathering power to strike back.

Then his mind wandered back to Raven...completely disregarding everyone else in the room as Zane connected with Rubedo once again on the other side of his jaw, jerking his entire body position to the other side, his head only moving slighty...frozen in place.

"Stop it Zane!" as Kariz grabbed Zane by the collar and slammed him up against the wall. The impact startled the nurses around the hallway and made their approach to the waiting which had no one else in it but the Zodiacs and Rubedo. Kariz quickly let go to Zane and glared at him.

[B]"What's going on in here?"[/B] demanded one of the nurses as they held their ground a good distance away due to Rubedo's intimidating composure.
[B]
"Nothing...nothing at all....Right Zane?"[/B] Kariz glared at him...implying more than what initially ment.
[B]
"Yes...nothing is wrong here...sorry for making so much noise."[/B] declared Zane as he moved his way away from Kariz and took a seat alone, with Ima not too far behind.

[B]"The next time I hear something like that again I'm going to have to ask you to leave."[/B] proclaimed the head nurse...and made her way back to the desk, and others to their own posts.

[B]"Rubedo..."[/B] questioned Kariz as she made her way next to him...he had already turned his attention towards Raven who seemed to be sleeping soundly in her bed. [B]"Reoan is now here in the city...and I feel that the others in this story are coming as well...."[/B]

Rubedo interrupted her and answered Kariz's question before she asked..."the Guardians are coming here...."

[B]"Do we have anything to worry about?" [/B]

[B]"No...they will not harm you...but one way or thee other....this war will end...by their hands in victory or death...it doesn't matter...but I feel this stories chapter is closing...the final chapter."[/B] Rubedo stepped forward and began to turn the handle of Ravens bedroom as he added...

[B]"I suggest you go to Reoan and get what you wanted Zodiac...all of you...time is running out. I'll stay here with Raven...''[/B]

Hesitantly, Kariz nodded and motioned for the rest of them to leave...Zane was compelled to stay...but Kariz and Ima convinced him otherwise, and all three Zodiac left the hospital...praying that Raven would be ok in Rubedo's hands.

Walking into the room, Rubedo sat at Ravens side and soothed her with his mind...slowly...moment by moment in her presence...he began to feel more like his old self again.

[I]I hope you liked the flowers I gave you Raven...they were always your favorite. [/I]

And with that...he took her hand...and began to transmitte his power into her. The Guardians healing power corsed throughout her entire system and began to mend completely.[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Arial Narrow]Reoan snarled as she peveted on her heels and rushed back towards Asariel, giving him absolutely no time to think, much less react. He gracefully slid out of her way as she stormed back towards the cafe.

"Miss Reoan--."

Before Asariel could finish his sentence, Reoan cut him off, "They're working together."

"Who?" Asariel question as he leapt forward and followed Reoan.

"Heaven and Hell," she snarled. The ex-Guardian clenched her fists, the crowd instinctively parting out of her way as if they, too, could feel her anger rise.

"And how does that effect us?"

Reoan stopped dead in the middle of the busy sidewalk. Turning her head slightly, Reoan watched as Asarile struggeld to regain his balance after almost plowing her over. There was a sudden chill that raced over both of them as she looked into his eyes. Just moments ago she was on the verge of tears as she forced him to kiss her, and now her eyes told of a heart of stone.

"You and Kraven are immortal, while I am not. If Adoil works along side Sartael and Beelzebub, there's no way I can stop them." Every word that left her lips stung like a bitter, and frosty wind.

"But there is the girl and the Grigori that fight by our side," no matter how warm his words, there was little chance of him warming Reoan.

"Have you ever seen Amber fight? And the Grigori half-breed is too simple minded for the likes of angels and a demon. But they aren't the only ones we will have to face." Reoan slowly pulled her head away to watch David and Amber run down the street towards them.

""The Guardians." Asariel mumbled as Amber grabbed a hold of Reoan's forearm.

"Come quick, Kraven might be in trouble!" Amber shouted, her sentence jumbled from her exsperated breathing.

Reoan took a quick look back at Asariel, and, for the first time since he met her, he could see fear in her eyes. Amber tugged on the ex-Guardian again and soon they were running down the sidewalk.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[I]Damn them. Damn them all.[/I] She had just finished off three of them and now more had come after not only here but Beezlebub as well. Although he was on the other side her understandings were more in tuned with his. He was of course more torturous than she was but that was another story. She stood on the other side of the door as he growled his hate to the awaiting Guardians.

She saw him move out quickly as a another spear moved his way. His speed aiding him as he sent the weapon back at its owner.[I] One.[/I]

Within a few moments a female was falling flat on her back.[I] Two.[/I]

His timing precise his moves flawless. She knew her battle with him would be enjoyable. As he went for his third victim. The res of them swooped upon him. They completing forgetting about her.

[I]Amatuers...[/I]

She stepped out of the house her sais in her hands and she aimed them both at her two closest opponents.

One went down as the weapon impaled itself in his head[I]Three.[/I] The other hitting the Guardian in the arm. He focused in on her and she rushed him immediately jumping and delivering a kick to the chest. The man stumbled back and removed the sai as he charged at her. She twirled quickly and launched her whip around his neck wrapping it tightly around him and crushing his wind pipe. His body falling to the ground. [I]Four[/I]

Beezlebub's opponents were a little longer lasting. Their skills with their swords impressive but he was beginning to drive them back slowly. As only four were left one who was taking advantage of distance began to fire a load of arrows at her. Only one reaching its mark. Her leg. She Moved quickly to the opponent grapping hima dnt throwing him in the way of Beezlebubs sword the Guardian cut down before he could truly stand.[I]Five[/I] Her sais were left in the two other men. As she went up and began to attack the others. One focusing again on her. She flung her whip at the cloaked figure and he dodged. Moving quickly into her perimeter and slasking at her with the sword. She moved back in time and moved again as the weapon made its way to her chest. A slice was felt across her ribs but she quickly over took the Guardian and broke his arm and leg Dropping him to his other knee and then breaking his neck quickly[I] Six[/I]

As she finished Beezlebub disposed of the other two [I]Seven and Eight.[/I] As she began to retraive her weapons.

He stood ther breathing hard as the Guardians blood dripped off the edge of his sword.

[B]"You sense any more?"[/B] She bent down and removed the sai from a Female Guardians head.

He smiled as he turned to her. He knew she didn't give the fight her all, but neither did he. He toyed with the Guardians for a moment as he sensed his true prize coming his way.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]No more of these..[/B][/COLOR]He started his smile widening as he cleaned his weapon and retrieved his axe. [COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Something wicked...this way comes...[/B][/COLOR]

A hearty laugh escaped his throat as he felt Kraven's energy getting stronger little by little. Her eyes widening in shock as she began to feel the demons aura as well understanding his vague talk from the cabin.

[COLOR=DarkRed][I]Very well, Though I do have other matters I'd rather attend to...[/I][/COLOR]

[B]"Kraven?You wait for [U]HIM[/U]" [/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Unfinished business Sartael. You know how it is. [/B][/COLOR]

She growled as she paced over to the other corpse removing her other sai from the mans arm. Her mind blazing through the possiblities of want this means.

[B]"They know don't they? They know we are both here?[/B]

Beezlebub did not reply. His aura increasing as he healed himself.

She rushed to him a huge smirk on his face as stared down at her. Her temper getting the best of her as she punched at him. His hand blocked the punch and he pushed her arm down. With a some difficulty involved. Her aura increasing as she stared him in the eye.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Now now. Lets not waste energy on each other. Who knows what comes our way?"[/B][/COLOR]

[B]"But you knew he ws coming regardless. You should have told me."[/B]

He continued to hold her arm down. As he stared at her. She broke away quickly and calmed herself. Also Trying to heal herself. He was right. Whatever may come her way she needed to be ready. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

OOC: Hope I didnt step on anyones toes. P.S. Its great to be back! YAY!!!!

[color=Navy][size=1]Zane was furious.... so furious that Ima and Kariz could see illsuiosn warp about them as they walked hastily up the street.

" Zane..." Kariz growled warningly. He looked at her and she quickly took a step back. His eyes... his pupils were bare slits. It unnerved Kariz as she peered into those deep ocean blue eyes. Ima looked at them both.

" Yes Kariz?" he growled. Even his tone of voice was unnerving. She had never seen him like this before, not even before the incident two years ago. He had never got the chance to become this infuriated.

" Calm down... for the sake of all of us... you're making illusions warp," Kariz informed him. Zane gave a short nod and closed his eyes for a second. The illusions disappeared and Zane opened his eyes again, looking at Ima and then at Kariz.

" Lets find Reoan, and get this war over and done with."[/color][/size]

[center]======================[/center]

[color=DarkGreen][size=1]Healing....

She could feel it in every inch of her body. Muscles sewing back together, bones mending, everything was going back to normal.

Raven could begin to feel the warmth of his hand touching her. Her heart fluttered. Her eyes wandered to the flowers. So delicate and pure. Green hair tumbled over her shoulders as she began to sit up, feeling her body mend completely under the Guardian's influence.

" The flowers are beautiful...." she whispered softly, not looking at him, but at the white sheets of the hospital bed.

Rubedo didn't smile or show any emotion. Raven gave him a quick glance before looking back at the bedsheets. It was a rather awkward moment. She had no idea what to say or to do. Like always, he'd show up out of nowhere, and she was almost certain he would disappea again just as quickly.

" You aren't a hallucination are you?" she asked softly.

Rubedo shook his head. " No."

" Zane didn't make you up just so I would feel better?"

" No."

Raven grew quiet. She should have known better then to ask questions like that. Zane didn't know that her favourite flowers wee white oriental lilies. She couldn't even remember telling Rubedo that, but she must have in the past somewhere.

" Appearing and disappearing..... a Guardian's life I suppose...." Raven said quietly to no one in particular.

Rubedo looked at her with a serious expression on her face. " I'm not going to disappear anymore."

" You told me you would come back. You didn't see how those bastards slaughtered everyone - how easily we were overcome by them. They killed them with such ease, it made me sick."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she remembered that fateful day. Rubedo looked at her. He could see the pain in her mind, in her eyes.

" Why did you come back Rubedo......" she asked finally, tears rolling down her cheeks.[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][CENTER]Rubedo sat quiety still alongside the hospital bed...watching Raven sort through all the memories of that fateful day in her mind. It was in his power to comfort those memories...to sooth her mind once more...but he realized this was something as a human, she needed to sort through, and no source of power would make it any better than it should.

[B]"I came back for you..."[/B] replied Rubedo in a calm, compassionate voice of tone...showing some sense of emotion. An overwelming sense of peace and disbelief spread across her face...still looking at the white sheets.

[B]"I'm sorry I couldn't have been there in your time of need...but it was not my place. I'm starting to wonder the purpose of us Guardians anymore...and I had to find my own way...as did you."[/B]

His voice had gone back to an emotional state...slightly dissapointing Raven...that slight shine of light within him was quickly gone.
[B]
"However, in all my travels...my conflictions and struggles...I've found one absolute that has not fauled my inner being. With the evil coarsing through my soul...my body thirsting for something inhumain...my heart...could not bear to be away from your presence any longer."[/B]

[B]"I needed you Rubedo...regardless of how foolish I am for even caring for such a being as yourself...I needed you..."[/B] she seemed to be on the brink of tears once again...but Rubedo quickly placed a hand on her exposed back from the hospital clothing.
[B]
"You're no fool...I am the one that is at fault.''[/B] and just as quickly he withdrew his hand.

[B]"I don't know what you want to do from here...but know now...that here...in this moment...you have my heart. And even though my soul strives for death...my heart chooses life...and you...in my testimony...are what binds me to this place. And I will not leave you side...and we shall see this war to the end together...and I will do everything in my power to bring you peace once more."[/B][/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE]