OtakuBoards

Creepy Crawlers

DBZgirl88

I'm utterly freaked out by all flying, buzzing bugs such as flies and horseflies and especially bees and wasps (I've never been stung by one, but I'm still a bit scared they will do so out of natural malice)!

For some reason I exclude butterflies, moths and dragonflies from the list, maybe because they're so pwetty! ;P

Currently my windows are infested by the teenyweeny bananaflies, and I get to squash like five per day... X/ At one point they got so numerous I had to resort to a hoover, and to my unpleasant surprise, when I opened the windows, I got assaulted by ten or so normal big flies! Down the hoover they went as well! ;D

Luckily the fall is coming, and the buggers will die away. >:)

All sorts of bugs usually creep me out, because they're so tiny and they can go to unwanted places while you sleep etc., or just because they bite. However, I'm not the slightest bothered by rats, mice, bats, or even spiders. I actually thnk spiders are spiffy, especially the ones with the long legs. ;) Even Shelob from the Lord of the Rings wasn't disgusting to me.

[quote name='Sage']I'm utterly freaked out by all flying, buzzing bugs such as flies and horseflies and especially bees and wasps (I've never been stung by one, but I'm still a bit scared they will do so out of natural malice)![/quote]

[size=1]Haha, I had a good friend who was like that. Only, butterflies and moths scared her the most O_o I have no idea why, but it sure was funny to see her wig out.[/size]

[quote]For some reason I exclude butterflies, moths and dragonflies from the list, maybe because they're so pwetty! ;P[/quote]

[size=1]Well, in my experience, and a few of my friends', dragonflies have been known to bite. So I'd be careful.

Well, what creepy crawler really gets my skin--well, crawling? Spiders and locusts, and Praying Mantis's. Now, I don't like spiders at all. There's not one thing about them I like. I think they're disgusting, and ugly, and petrifying. I know how dangerous certain spiders can be, and you do not want to come across them. I know some are severely aggressive, and attack no matter if you bothered them or not. Besides, they just look scary. [/shudder]

Locusts, they are cute. And they can be beautiful. I remember living in Oklahoma and every summer, me and my brothers would go out in our backyard and collect their sheddings. Then, we'd proceed in sticking them around the house and scaring my mother to death. But when you find the locust themselves, they are bigger than the shell you found....and they're legs move and cling to you. I don't like when bugs won't let go of you. Locusts would cling and no matter how hard you shake, they won't release _^_;;

Praying Mantis's are very interesting, funky, and pretty (in their weird way). But they freak me out. Because just like the locust, they cling. However, the Mantis jumps too -_- I think that's what really creeps me out about the Mantis. They jump, and they are smarter than your average bug...[/size]

[size=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Great, I'm the first guy here who gets to shed his manliness and admit that he doesn't like most bugs, though if you pressured most guys they'd admit they hate bugs just as much as I do. Truth be told there's not actually a huge variety of insects in Ireland so my exposure to the likes of cockroaches has been thankfully small and only on holidays in warmer climates.

I hate anything that is insectiod in nature and has wings, I'll admit that here and now, butterflies and moths especially. It's not a terror per say when they flutter in, but I find something deeply unnerving about them, and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is. Wasps and bees don't really bother me because they're not that big and I've been stung enough times to know it doesn't hurt all that much, plus I just keep telling myself "he may have caused you some physical pain, but that bastard's dead now". It's all about psychology when dealing with them.

Spiders don't bother me either, well the smaller ones, but lately at home we've been infested with these three-inch long m***********s who make me very uncomfortable to see scuttling around, though I'm not nearly as bad as my brother David who runs off damn near screaming when he sees one. Again they follow the simply rule, if they're not big, they're not scary which sums up my impression of all bugs.

The likes of woodworm and centipedes have never bothered be either because they're mostly harmless and I don't have any contact with them usually, unless I have to dig up a stone and I find them under it but again exposure is minimal. Really it's only the bigger bugs unnerve me, and then it's only certain types, but I will admit that I don't really like being around any bugs of any description.

[b][color=DarkGreen]Careful Gavin, the autocensorship tends to miss compound swearwords. Usually better not to swear at all, ne?
[/color][/b][/size] [right][color=DarkGreen][size=1]-Raiyuu[/size][/color]
[/right]
[size=1] [/size]

[color=crimson]I'm wary of bugs that can actually hurt me- wasps, hornets, bees and so on. There are many hornets and wasps around my house [there's sort of a back-and-forth war going on between us and the hornets] so I try to.. leave them alone, lol.

There aren't many cockroaches in my house for some reason- maybe a stray one or two, but most of them we just find dead cockroaches. I'm sure there could be many more lurking in the netherworld of our house but they don't seem to come out and bother me that much. We also have a pretty high population of scorpions- not too large, though. They are actually kind of nice since they do pest-control on ants, small roaches and the like. However, they will still sting you if you.. provoke them [accidentally or not] so they aren't too welcome either.

The one thing we have tons of are some kind of native breed of lizard. I'm not sure what species it is, but every evening they hang out on the windows eating.. bugs. Some of them get inside and kind of hide on the walls/in dark places, but they have never tried to attack me- all they do is flee in utter terror from any human activity near them. They are kind of cute actually. Unfortunately, they have a bad habit of getting caught by the door as you shut it.. I don't really need to describe this further, do I?

Although there was this funny exchange between my mother and I involving me showing her the remains of all the little guys that had been caught by the door. "EWW! THAT IS SO DISGUSTING! GROSS!"

Good times.[/color]

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]Creepy Crawlers?

Well I'm not afraid of spiders or coakroaches simply because where I live at there lots of big tarantulas. I'm okay with coakroches. However I do fear bees, wasps, and anything that has wings and is armed with stingers.

Bad experience.

Please don't ask me. It's still rather embrassing.[/font][/color][/size]

I don't really have any issues with the creepy crawlies, just being surprised by them...or heck...anything for that matter! Working in vet med I got to deal with lots of "exotic" pets like tarantulas, snakes, lizards and even hissing cockroaches. Once I was on the phone talking to a client and my boss came by and stuck a chameleon on my shoulder and it started to play with my hair with it's little funky three fingered hands. At first it surprised me but they are so cute with those wacky eyes it's hard to be scared of them.

Once I was working in the flower garden in front of my house and I thought my hair was tickling my face. I reached up to brush it back and it grabbed my finger! It was a Praying Mantis sitting on my shoulder brushing my cheek with it's long forearms! I freaked out and grabbed it and threw it on the ground. Afterward I was pretty embarrassed since it was a bit over-dramatic reaction, but it surprised me! Shortly after that my hubby came around from the side of the house walking a bit strangely. He had a Praying Mantis on his calf who was happily eating a grasshopper. I swear, those PMs don't really have a fear of people. Apparently one thought it would just flirt with me while another one was having a bite to eat while catching a ride on my hubby's leg.

Other than that spiders and mosquitoes have issues with me. They like to bite me. I must be tasty.

[QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]

I love praying mantis's! They're so cute, they actually have normal eyes rather than those horrible compound eyes. I don't mind the way they cling at all, I'm personally more creeped out the the light touch of smallers bugs, that feels way more icky. At least you kow this bug wont get smushed if you hold it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Actually, the praying mantis has three simple eyes on its forehead and two compound eyes (the ones you thought were normal) on the sides of the head.

Anyways, I find it amusing how people are "freaked out" by arthropods. (If you haven't guessed yet, although I'm only 16, I have quite an interest in entomology). I don't really find any arthropod disturbing at all. I have let tarantulas crawl on my head, I have let various insects crawl on my face, and I go out at night with a net, flashlight, and capture container to find various spiders and insects. By the time I get back inside, I usually have more creatures crawling on me than I have in my capture container.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]I'm not a big bug fan but I can pretty much put up with anything. I'm not even scared of cockroaches or anything that's flying. Infact if it flies, I'm even less scared of it because I know I can brush it off and it'll fly away unlike something crawling up my leg. There's only one kind of bug that scares the jeebers out of me and that is, you guessed it, spiders. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I can't even look at spiders without feeling creeped out much less kill one.

I've had three orange and yellow ones crawl up my leg once and on my back, it was horrible. I couldn't even get them off and had to make my boyfriend do it. There's something about the way they are shaped and their legs and they way the crawl that makes me freak out. They're so ugly and most the time its the black small ones that get me, not tarantuallas. I'm sure I would freak out if I saw one but not as much because I would think it would not go as fast and atleast I could kick it. It's something that I've had as a kid, except for I use to be able to hold daddy longleggs in my hand but now I don't even want to look at those. They are the only ones that don't bug me that much but I still don't like them.

Another bad experience I've had with a spider would have to be, one time I was trying to squish one with my shoe and it bounced back up right into my face. A jumping spider. After that, I won't even try and squish them anymore. Yup it's pretty bad. [/SIZE]

[size=1]Hehe, yeah. One of my friends had an experience where she woke up to see a Praying Mantis perched on her nose, eating her hair.

And, Pumpkin, I'm in that same boat, lol. I don't even try to squish them; I pick up whatever I can find and throw it at them >_> Sure, you hit and you miss...but if you miss, you're far away and you don't really have to worry about it that much.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]aaHHH!! That thing is scary!! But then again, I think frogs and turtles are cute, while other people think their ugly.

Well, anyhoo, we had roaches at my house for years! Those things are just nasty! I would be afraid to turn off the light because they came out. But, my dad somehow manage to put an end to the madness, and now they magically disapeared. I have no idea how he did it!

I hate spiders! I always disliked them. I think what really made me hate them is because when I was younger, I saw a huge one when I was in the backseat of a car and I had a panic attack. I just couldn't stop crying and freaking out for some reason and I couldn't leave the car because it was moving!

I also hate bugs. They are just annoying! I had a really bad experience with a centipede (it was that or something else with thousands of stringy legs.) It happened a couple of years ago. It was after I recently took out my braids, I was annoying my older sister by following her upstairs. I walked up the stairs and in the hall I felt hair on my forehead. I stopped, and I thought it was my braids, so I pushed them back. BUT, I realised I took out my braids, so my hair was short and tied back. My sister, already went in her room and came back out. She was yelled 'WHAT IS [I]THAT[/I]?!' I had no idea what she was taking about so I was like what. Then she was like 'ON YOUR FOREHEAD!!" I screeched smacked the thing off, and freaked out some more when she told me to kill it. I ended up running to the washroom, scrubbing my face then harassed her for just standing there and doing nothing.

Well, I guess if I wasn't bothering my sis in the first place the stupid bug wouldn't have fallen on my forehead!! :animeangr [/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS]It's weird the difference two extra legs can make. Ants, no problem. Cockroaches, well, bleurgh, but not [b]scary.[/b] Add two more legs - spiders, scorpions, any arachnid - and I'm suddenly hyperventilating.

I think I can trace my hatred/terror of spiders back to my early childhood. I remember my dad pointing out of the kitchen window at a spider that had made a web on the washing line. Thinking rationally now, I'm sure it must only have been a common garden spider - the type that's about the size of the circle you make with your finger and thumb, with a bulbous body and spindly legs, and is a sort of mottled brown colour. But in my memory it's disorted until the thing in my mind's eye looks to be the size of my head.

I can deal with tiny spiders. I'll let them crawl over me - partially because it's supposed to bring wealth. (This actually worked recently - I worked on a farm over the summer and had tiny spiders on me a lot of the time, and then I won fifty pounds on my Premium Bonds.) But anything bigger than my little fingernail, be it spindly, fat, fast, slow, smooth, hairy, whatever, scares the living daylights out of me.
[/font]

Spiders spiders and more spiders. Did I say spiders? Cause sometimes I forget spiders.

No seriously, I am as afraid of spiders as someone can be...well at least to the extent where I don't jump out a window if I see one. I can list off countless times that spiders have driven me to screaming. Today for example I got out of the shower and reached for my underwear, only to have a spider jump out (eh, crawl, whatever) at me from...well...them! I screamed.

Or in Spanish class, there was one on the ceiling and I made the teacher kill it.

In science class, same deal. One night a spider did doughnuts around my room for three hours until mama woke up for work and killed it for me at 4 am so I could finally go to sleep.

I have no idea why I fear them. They aren't too creepy, some of them are pretty actually. But dear Gods do they scare me ^^;; It's awful. I love ants and everything else though. Flies are just annoying...(thinks) that's all...

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I am not afraid of almost any bugs what soever. Around my where I live however what I [B]really![/B] hate more among anything else in the world....are Nats...I swear...I want to kill them all.

What really Pisses me off about them is that they always either fly into my face or just hover there little nearly invisible bodies over my head until I notice. The sound of any kind of a small bug getting too close to your ear and making that highly annoying noise.. It just makes me want to kill then.

I have gotten so bad at one point wile being harassed by nats that I got a can of WD-40 and a lightlr pointed it at the nats. Then I just watched their flaming bodies fall to the ground. I love fire...It is my friend.

What I find odd is that all of my friends execp a select few are afraid of night crawlers, spiders and whatnot, I mean, i have scared my friend so many times with a plastic spider I'm suprised that he hasnt even had a seisure yet. I know I am that evil. I just get some kind of fun out of it.

What I really find Partialy distirbing though is that somewhere I am not sure yet, but there is a spider living somewhere in my room. Everynight I can see something crawling on the side of my bedroon and I just plainly say if it doesnt bite me then I shall let it live. The second I see a bite, its as good as chopped up grass.

That is my final though on bugs though. As long as they dont hurt me I won't hurt them. Although there was a strange incident involving me and a geko. That story however is for another time..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Gee, alot of people are afraid of spiders.

Just a question to the arachnaphobics, are you afraid of all spiders, or just the big ones? Cause there are those really little ones that are smaller than bees.

I personally okay with those really little ones. At night when I'm sleeping in my bunk bed (I'm on top), there's usually a spider on the ceiling. I chase it away simply cause I fear it'll crawl into my mouth at night.

Believe it or not, I've never really come across any spiders larger than a bee. I've seen a few medium size ones but they were outiside the window.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Okay.
If you all truly think "creepy crawlers" are scary, then I have a nightmare newsflash for you all.

I'm sure someone here has heard of mites, yes? They are small arthropods related to spiders and ticks. They are tiny little creatures of which many are dwarfed by a pinhead. If no one here is "freaked out" yet, listen to this. There are several species of mites worldwide, and they inhabit mostly any form of habitat. There is a species of mite that is used in cheeses to give it some "flavor," there are species of mites that even inhabit the lungs of some animals. Yes, the [B]lungs[/B] of animals. There are mites that live at the roots of human eyelashes. They are everywhere, many microscopic, and if you are freaked out by spiders and insects, I suggest you start living in a bubble, because mites could be anywhere.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]Gee, alot of people are afraid of spiders.

Just a question to the arachnaphobics, are you afraid of all spiders, or just the big ones? Cause there are those really little ones that are smaller than bees.

I personally okay with those really little ones. At night when I'm sleeping in my bunk bed (I'm on top). There's usually a spider on the ceiling. I chase it away simply cause I fear it'll crawl into my mouth at night.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty ok with the small ones. I've kinda gotten a little over my fear, but if they are bigger than my thumb, I'll might freak out or yell.

A couple days ago, I was walking to the mall with my friends who were going home and I saw something crawling on the ground. I turned around and it was a huge spider. I freaked out and yelled "THAT SPIDER"S HUGE!!" while pointing at it. I think I would of had a panic attack if it was touching or crawling on me...[/COLOR]

Big or small, if it's a spider, it scares me to death. That science class one? It was probably a little smaller than a ladybug but I still cried out and asked Mr. Summers to kill it for me.

I know spiders are a common fear ^^;; I don't have a reason though, I just do. Mama says it's because she used to be really scared of them when I was little and I probably learned it from her. I know I used to like Daddy Long Legs but even they scare me now.

I'm a guy and I HATE bugs. I do'nt fear them they just annoy me with their constant buzzing or making my mom freak. But I do find spiders a little creepy

OFF TOPIC: I keep double posting by mistake i'm soooooooo sorry I keep meaning to edit not reply do'nt yell at me please. :animecry:

[color=DarkGreen][b][size=1]'Kay, I won't yell. As long as you understand what you're doing wrong and know how to avoid it in future. If you realise you've double-posted, you can delete one post - there's a checkbox for deletion when you hit the EDIT button.
[/size][/b][/color] [right][size=1][color=DarkGreen]-Raiyuu[/color][/size]
[/right]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=SlateGray]As far as bugs go, I'm not really afraid of much beyond centipedes. It's not that they have so many legs (as millipedes don't scare me) or that they're poisonous (spiders and snakes don't bug me, either), but I guess it's just the combination. Plus, they always come out of nowhere. It's kind of wierd that those scare me, when nothing else similar does (I love snakes, and I'm fine with spiders and millipedes). Ah, well.

Houseflies, on the other hand, don't scare me, but I hate them. They're damned annoying, wouldn't you agree? Sadly, I'm terrible when it comes to getting them out of the house - or aiming for them. Also, those...ants with wings, or whatever they are. Mildly freaky, more annoying than anything. And while I've never had any real experiences with cockroaches, I'm confident that I wouldn't like them any. Oh, and let's not forget fleas and mosquitoes. And anything else that sucks blood.

So, as you can see, I'm more irked than frightened by any creepy crawlies. The worst, though, was while I was in Idaho. I don't know what's in the water in that state, but the mosquitoes there are [I]vicious.[/I] Two cans of Deep-Woods OFF! and they [I]still[/I] come at you. They can even bite through denim.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1] I'm scared to DEATH of tape worms. Thats why I like fishing, different type of worm, but I get my point across when I jab a little worm onto the hook. "This could happen to you, my tapewormy friend." They're just so.. in my intestines, or someone elses. And then my teacher told me this one story about a woman who tried to lose weight with pills her doctor gave her and they ended up having tapeworms in them and she OD's on the pills.. you can imagine the rest.

Then there was another that I think an Older teacher told me from my last school about a little boy in africa, where he had to pull a ball of tapeworms or somethings out of the boys arse. Thats just frightening, body worms that eat your food. *Shivers*[/size]